Start by marking “A Beautiful Fate” as Want to Read:
A Beautiful Fate

A Beautiful Fate

(The Beautiful Fate #1)

Obsessive and driven by nightmares, Ava Baio is uprooted from her Chicago home after the untimely and tragic death of her loving mother. Alone for the first time in her life, at a new school in a new town, Ava finds herself sorting through unfamiliar and unsettling feelings with a secretive yet beautiful boy, Ari. After an unconventional start to their relationship, Ava be ...more
Published June 11th 2013 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about A Beautiful Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Beautiful Fate

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
3 Fated Stars

description

Heartbreaking, passionate, funny and unexpectedly adventurous, I had a great time with this book. It's young and refreshing if not somewhat hard to believe how much rests on an 18-year old shoulders and how she manages to get through it.

description

And then came the finale.......

description

That was mean.... Really mean!

Amazon Freebie 08/10/2013

ENJOY!!
Bonnie
Nov 09, 2013 added it
Shelves: didn-t-make-it
Okay so we've all read the blurb so I wont completely bore you by repeating it again, totally hate it when people do that.

Anyway A Beautiful Fate by Cat Mann was a book I received for an honest review (which I was extremely excited and grateful for) and heres me, being honest....I didn't finish it.

I was really keen to start this book and the start certainly intrigued me, but it felt stiff. Much to my disappointment it wasn't the only flaw I found.

I'm not a fan of teenagers that don't sound/tal
Jessica
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mythology
This book was NOT what I was expecting. Going into it I knew that it was a mythology read so I was expecting Gods and maybe a one eyed giants or three headed dog. However there was none of those elements and this book is in a league of it's own.

Let me start by saying that I loved loved loved Ari. He isn't the normal Alpha male that I fall for. But there is simply something irresistible about a man who falls for a woman and doesn't let her go no matter what happens. A man who will love his lady l
Cat Mann
Jun 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Obviously I love this book.
Stephanie Pearson
Oct 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Jeanne Drzewiecki
Aug 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I want to thank Cat Mannfor the opportunity to read and review this awesome book. I absolutely fell in love with this book (with the exception of the cliffhanger at the end).
The writing style kept me reading even in the middle of moving I snuck in chapters during my breaks!
It is a story about Ava who has recently lost her mother. She is forced to move from Chicago to California and live with her grandmother. She is then sent to a private school to finish out her high school year.
Ava meets Ari wh
Jenny
I received this book series from the author for free in exchange for an honest review.

I was surprised when I received an e-mail from the author asking me if I wanted to read her serie's! I never thought I would ever experience that. I'm so happy! That put me in a more good mood when I started reading it. It even made me halt my current reading of Attachment by Rainbow Rowell.

I thought the plot was like all the other books in the greek mythological sphere but somehow this stood out to me. What I
Justine
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received this book free from the author in exchange for an honest review.
I FRIGGIN LOVED THIS BOOK!!!! It was beautiful. I loved the mythology and the suspense. There was action and romance. This book had one of the sweetest scenes that I have ever read in my life, I was tearing up. A Beautiful Fate also had one of the most ginormous cliffhangers ever!! I literally yelled out "NOOOOOOOO!". I need book two stat!!i don't think that I can wait!!, and the mythology is so different, well not differ
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
Aug 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: a-beautiful-fate
FAIRY THOUGHTS
Favorite Line(s) “I could smell him, he had an aura of clean sea air and freshly cut grass that was intoxicating and made my head feel fuzzy.”

“The love I have for him eclipses all other emotions and senses. I did not know it before, but there was a hole in my soul. A piece of me had been missing, and for the first time in my life I was one. I am whole”

“We were at war, a silent war that would not be reported on the news or told in any history books”

“If I must do wrong to save someon
Nancy The book junkie
Mar 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, ebooks-i-own
Rating: 4.5/5

First a huge thank to the author for giving me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review!

I have to admit that I was really happy when the author offered me to read and review this book since I’ve a sucker for anything related to Greek mythology, don’t ask me why but I’ve always been drawn to story of this kind and this one didn’t disappoint. I found myself unable to put it down on more than one occasion and even if the love story between Ava and Ari might go through the c
 Bella Marie
Jan 09, 2015 rated it did not like it
Idiotic dialogues with characters focused on their love lives. The disappointement of the year!!! Keep away!!!
Danielle Harris
Just couldn't get into it.

I really don't know why it was so hard for me to get into this book. I've tried and managed to get to chapter 5 and that is it
Caithe
Mar 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Struggled to give the third star. I liked the book in concept and mostly also for story line. What is hard to swallow is the way Ava, Ari and the rest are portrayed. Ava is described as intelligent and strong but is constantly being told what to do, how to live and all her choices are being made for her by Ari, a man. She is weak minded and at the call of her emotions with no indication of intellectual strength. She just can not think for herself. She is at the whim of Ari sexually and emotional ...more
Subhajit Das
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cover- Simple yet catchy.

Title- Good and justified.

Storyline- Compact.

Narrating style- Captivating.

Characterization- Connecting and perfect.

Plot- Well developed.

Presentation- Appreciable.

Recommendable- Yes.
Dena
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very interesting book and the heroine is very brave with lots of heart. Must read book #2
L
Aug 25, 2013 rated it liked it
A Beautiful Fate was a very addicting story. I was intrigued by the simple, yet dark looking cover. I was really drawn in from the first paragraph.

"They were screaming for me again. My knuckles were bone white as I gripped a pair of cold steel scissors in my hand. People, all strangers, screamed at me from beyond their closed doors, demanding death; begging for the coup de graće."

Isn't that crazy scary/good?! Ava is trying to survive after her mother's and grandfather's death. With no father in
Catherine
Jan 25, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-teen, myths
Iris
Aug 09, 2013 rated it liked it
*Originally Reviewed at Witchmag's Boekenplank*

*I received a copy in exchange for my honest review*

To be honest, this book and I had a rocky start. There was something with the beginning that made it hard for me to concentrate. I’ve never created so many notes within such a short amount of pages because I could not focus. It also took me some time to get accustomed with the writing style of Cat Mann, which felt different somehow. Not strange or weird, just different. Enfin, after a while the boo
✿kawehi.reviews
Jul 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amazon-freebie
Brush up on your Greek mythology kiddies because the good news is: is that you won't be wasting two to three hours of a bookworm marathon reading this!! And by the way, YES, there is an explanation behind the scissors on the cover. ;)
.....
The good:

I seriously devoured this book!! I'm normally very cryptic and skeptical of books involving mythology and children descended from deities and so forth but "A Beautiful Fate" is in a league of its own.

I can't explain too much of the plot without dishin
Ashley Reading Stewardess
First, I would like to thank Cat Mann for allowing me an opportunity to read her book and for providing me with a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

Brief synopsis:

A Beautiful Fate begins with Ava Baio moving from her home in Chicago following the death of her mother, to attend a boarding school, picked out for her by her less than loving grandmother, in Dana Point, California. Ava finds herself suffering from the nightmare of reliving her mother's accident and death in her sleep along w
MK
Sep 30, 2013 rated it liked it
The concept of A Beautiful Fate is absolutely fantastic! The first half of the book had me breathlessly reading and hopelessly longing to have Ava & Ari couple. The construction of the story was deliberate and intriguing. I truly loved the way Cat Mann approached the idea of mythological entities leaving a mortal legacy. It is a unique idea that made for an interesting and well thought out plot line. The main characters were appealing and easily relatable.

However, the second half of the book
Emily♥
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Fates are here, people. And they mean business.

All the feels I have right now are rattling around my brain making it impossible for me to be subtle about anything. So let me give a brief breakdown of why this book is pure awesome.

Greek motherfucking mythology! (see? no subtlety. I just can’t.)
It’s what I’m all about and this book delivers.

You like the tale of The Fates?
It’s here. (And just plain brilliant.)
It’s not something I knew a lot about and I was pleased to learn more about it.

Kicka
Marsha
Sep 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: YA
(This book was provided to me by the author for an honest review)
I've often wondered what are the perfect ingredients for a great story. For me, I need to have good world building, great characterizations including a villian so vile that I want to jump through the pages to yell at them, sizzling sexual energy, mystery/intrigue and plenty of action. "A Beautiful Fate" has many of these things; but then again it fails miserably on some of the others.

17 year old Ava Baio has been yanked from her ho
Nicky
This was a pretty interesting book. More interesting than I thought when the summary make the all too comparisons of the love interest to a god... ugh. But I must admit, Ari is what I would classify as the ideal guy.
But that wasn't what I wanted to focus on. It's hard for me to judge it because our character changes so much within the scope of this book. I think she is okay at first, then I really like her because she is developing and making decisions and having conflicts with her morals, and
❤ Jane ❤
Oct 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: unfinished

A Beautiful Fate by Cat Mann

Published: June 11th 2013
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal, Greek Myth
Rating: 3 stars

“Nearly every night, in my dreams, I find myself in a hallway, the kind of hallway hospitals have – long, mint green, and punctuated by occasional nurse’s stations. The stations are unattended and instead of the usual blinding florescent lights, the hall is dim and shadowy. I can hear the beeps of monitors and read what I presume are patients’ names on the doors of the rooms I pass by. S
Melissa (The Reader & The Chef)
~This book review first appeared at Cuzinlogic and you can find it Here . ~

I loved A Beautiful Fate. It thrilled me, hooked me and entertained me every second I spent reading it. I, for one, am always looking for the kind of read that delivers so much that manages to “change” and feel different from how it felt in the beginning (like moods, settings, lifestyle, etc.) and this one does it perfectly.

Ava is broken from the start. She misses her mom. She’s scared of her daily nightmares about her an
Torie
Oct 18, 2013 added it
Shelves: reviewed
Book was gifted to me by the author in exchange for an honest review

I didn't finish the book, so I don't think it's fair that I rate it. I will, however, leave a brief review regarding the pages I did read.

I didn't really take to Mann's writing style. Some of the passages were a little too verbose and flowery for me. She also wrote every single one of the protagonist's actions in great detail, which got tiring to read.

An example: "As quietly as I could, I moved down the hall towards the guest b
Megan
Oct 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm not sure I say it enough, but I love when authors reach out to me. There are so many amazing stories out there that without their self-promotional efforts I -- and in turn you -- would probably never find them. With that being said, I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Cat Mann's A Beautiful Fate brings my some of favorite stories and characters - those of Greek mythology into the modern world. While the story centers primarily around one girl in particular, the wo
I'd So Rather Be Reading {Nat}
Aug 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
A Beautiful Fate was such a captivating and unique book. I loved the premise, and that Ava does not discover her history and gifts until the story is well established. I like it when I'm in the dark right along with the main character, and trying to figure out Ava's talents was intriguing for me.

Ava is a strong and determined character, which always makes for a very satisfying YA novel. There's nothing I hate more than a weak-minded, indecisive main character who can't speak her mind or stand up
Emily Katharina
Jun 11, 2014 rated it liked it
This book started really good, and I couldn't wait to get into it. Unfortunately, the end started to go down a bit, but all the same, I found the book to be very good, and the writing to be very flowing.

I loved the mysterious, sweet, sort of tentative chemistry between Ava and Ari at the beginning of the book, but I felt that they got sort of...horny (?) towards the end. Which was unfortunate, because it broke some of the romantic tension and took away from how sweet I found these two (temporar
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Mark of Cain (The Cain Chronicles #1)
  • Verses of Athine: The Daughter of Ares Chronicles Collection
  • Princess of Light (Heirs of a Broken Land Series, #1)
  • Soul Cutter
  • Gemini of Emreiana (Gemini, #1)
  • The Labyrinth Wall
  • Justice (The Ferryman and the Flame, #2)
  • The Lure of Shapinsay
  • Protecting Truth (The Seraphina Parrish Trilogy, #2)
  • Fire & Ice (Book of Shadows, #1)
  • Into the Dark, Vol. 1 (Into the Dark, #1)
  • Atlantis Quest (Atlantis Rising, #2)
  • Shredded
  • Song of the Sending (The Expatriates, #1)
  • Valley of Dust
  • The Last Shadow Gate (The Shadow Gate Chronicles #1)
  • Dark Eyes: Cursed
  • Morning Stars (The Noctivagas Chronicle, #2)
Cat Mann is an Illinois author who writes teen and adult romance. She is happily married to a genius of a man and together they are raising two beautiful daughters.
With her dog at her side, Cat obsessives over French music, witty films and lengthy novels.
Cat’s books have been listed on numerous Amazon bestseller lists, including the Amazon Top 100, Literature & Fiction Fantasy Based Novels, as

The Beautiful Fate (4 books)
  • A Broken Fate (A Beautiful Fate, #2)
  • A Promised Fate (A Beautiful Fate, # 3)
  • A Forsaken Fate (A Beautiful Fate, # 4)
“If I must do wrong to save someone I love, it is right. I will not murder anyone, Ari...but I will kill to save you.” 2 likes