Start by marking “On the Plus Side (Chubby Girl Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
On the Plus Side (Chubby Girl Chronicles, #1)

On the Plus Side

(Chubby Girl Chronicles #1)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  4,000 Ratings  ·  401 Reviews
Big girls need love, too, but at what cost?

Lilly is loaded, not only with money, but with weight. Both things she could do without. But even with her undesired millionaire status, she doesn’t hold on to false hopes of finding true love. So when a sexy stranger comes into her life dripping with seduction, she finds it hard to resist. The bigger they are the harder they fal
Kindle Edition, 3rd edition, 283 pages
Published June 2013 (first published January 19th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about On the Plus Side, please sign up.
Sandra T. Yes, you can Ann. Waiting for h's friend's book. =)

Baba
DNF at 50 %.**1 star.

My review has stirred up a lot of emotions and I have decided to remove it. Besides, from now on I will refrain from reviewing books with sensitive subject matter to prevent any further turmoil.
Lisa Jayne
Jun 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lisa Jayne by: Geri Reads
FIVE PLUS SIZED STARS.

description/

Roll out the red romance carpet, this story had my name written all over it. 'On the plus side' is the epitome of sweet, funny, predictable and adorable. I haven't enjoyed a story this much in I don't know how long. This story took me back and gave me a lovely, romantic reminder of why I love to read about romance.

What's it about?
Lilly is rich, millionaire status rich, she is also lonely and living with a bundle of self esteem issues which stem from years of being overweig
Mo
Jun 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
LOVED IT. First off, there are not enough books out there about, well I was going to say BIG Girls, Fat Girls …. In reality I should say there are not enough books out there about NORMAL girls/women. I am not skinny. I am usually not happy with my weight. There are a lot of us out there so this book was like a breath of fresh air where the good looking guy fell, and fell hard for the Fat Girl. Great story, really flowed along nicely. Loved the epilogue also.

[image error]

Christy
Jun 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Christy by: Lisa Jayne
5 ‘You are PRICELESS’ Stars!!!

photo d333aa32-2acc-47a0-916c-d647c4fcd3a6_zps2f1ee8c0.jpg

This was just a fun, sweet, feel good book about a plus sized woman- not the most original story in the world, but still a very enjoyable read!

Lilly has been a ‘big girl’ her whole life. She comes from money, but she doesn’t like to flaunt it- in fact, she prefers people not know. She enjoys her job, her 97’ Honda, and her apartment she shares with her best friend. Lilly was the best kind of main character- she was adorable, caring, loving and funny, but she is al
Jennifer Kyle
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 PLUS Stars

”Honestly, she was kind of pretty… in a chunky cute girl kind of way, if you’re into that.”

description

I just loved Lily she was kind, selfless and has never even been kissed by a man. Lily's mother secretly makes a deal outside the bank with Devin Michaels who is need of money to save his family’s car business and home for dating her daughter. It’s an arrangement he just can’t pass up.

”When the ninety days are up and as long as my daughter’s happy and you’ve done your job correctly…I’ll pa
Michele ~ la Smoocherina
Guest reviewed for B's Beauty and Books.

I know some people don't see Devin and Lilly as being realistic. That Devin is a hottie and Lilly is a size 20, and even though she's pretty, they aren't well matched. Here's my take.

I see their compatibility as realistic. The hero has never had any innocence- his mom left when he was 13. He helps keeps his dad's business afloat and raise his kid sister and the women he chooses, like Renee (his piece of ass) -are ones's he knows he won't commit to long te
Candice
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

Well, I was in tears a lot of this. Why? Because I connected with this story. I am no skinny girl. I know what it's like to be made fun of because of your weight. I know what it's like to either laugh at the fat jokes or get angry at them. I know what it's like to be so self conscience you'll never believe a "hot" guy would like you.

I, for one, hated Lilly's mom. I think people want to believe that she was coming from a good place, but what the hell did she think was going to happen?
Geri Reads
Feb 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Priceless Stars

This is one of those tug-at-your-heartstrings books that I just adore to bits. This is the story of Lilly.

Lilly

Lilly is rich. Thanks to her Grandma, Lilly will never have to worry about money. Ever. She has them in spades. What she also has in spades is excess pounds. Yup! If you haven't already deduced from the title, Lilly is a plus-size girl. She's insecure about her weight, yes, but she wasn't obsess with it. I mean, this girl embraces ice cream and swears that Spanx is
Jamie
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my gosh!!! What a freaking SUPRISE that book was!! I know I've been handing out a lot of 5 stars lateley but damn.. if its that good then I have to.... and yay for me.. i've happend to come upon some very good books lately ( thanks to my GR friends ;) )

Wow, I loved Lilly and Devin.. I loved how tough guy Devin was brought to his knees by this girl that had a few extra pounds on her.. Devin was always with the skinny bitches, never loving them but just needed somewhere to get his rocks off. Hi
Ian
Mar 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of cute and quirky contemporary romance
Recommended to Ian by: Candice
Lilly is a plus size woman. She is wealthy and has good friends but on a deeper level she is lonely and resigned to always being the woman that men don't see.

When the bank threatens foreclosure, Devin desperately needs to find $8000 to keep the home where he lives with his father and sister and the family business.

Lilly's mother offers to pay the outstanding loan if Devin will date her daughter.

There is so much about this book to love. It's cute and quirky but also quite deep in some ways. Bot
Crystal~BIG book addict~
Jun 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
Devin, a hot guy playboy who is trying to save his father's home and garage from the bank.

Lilly, a plus-sized beauty with a heart of gold and loaded.

And no one was more deserving of that love than Lilly. She had gone through all of the torment and bullying as a kid and teenager but still had so much in her heart to give to people.

A proposition by Lilly's mother brings them together. Soon, Devin finds himself falling for the big and beautiful Lilly, but as always, the deal comes to bite Devin in
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
This turned out to be much better than I thought it would. I had a very good time reading it and this is all you can ask of a book IMO.

Tbh the story wasn't sth overly original. Poor boy getting paid to date rich, chubby girl and falling in love in the process. I know you've heard it before but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Lilly...

I liked Lilly. She was a strong girl, fun to be around and although she was chubby she didn't let it get her down. Did she have insecurities about her body? Well, yes but h
Is
Mar 05, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is probably going to be one of the hardest review I've done this month, but it has to be done.

Rich heiress meets dirty garage boy

That’s one way that I could start this review. Tell you all about this story, and everything that happened, but my disappointment would seep through every sentence. In what I hoped would be a beautifully written story I found a mediocre, bland draft.

Let me make it clear that I do not mean any disrespect towards the author or her idea. Writing a novel is no easy f
Georgia Cruz
Priceless.
That's what this book is!

I haven't cried this much since the last book I've read but it's so damn hard not to cry for this book. The story is just amazing and I love every page of it. I cried for Lilly for what had happened to her, I cried for her good kind heart, and I cried for Devin, because he is so damn good and loved her for all she has.

I'm starting to boost my self-esteem issues in the 'chubby' department and thanks to this book, it made me feel more beautiful and confident f
Kath S
I started this one because I liked the synopsis. And when I read a couple of chapters I thought: this book’s kind of good and I can give it three stars! I was enjoying it so much. But then, ‘til the end of the book there was so many things that I didn’t like and I just thought this deserve a big 2/5.

description
The story is pretty cliché and if you don’t have big expectations, you can enjoy it. The main characters are so-cliché too, but they were not as bad as I thought. This is a romance story, then it hav
Jessica Louise
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This book was a really sweet romance. I really enjoyed it.
I loved that the story promoted that slightly bigger girls can be sexy and you don't have to be a stick to gain the love of a good man, that fact was definantly... On the plus side!!
I would definantly recommend this book to others and will be looking forward to future books in the series. I hope Shannon's story is next!!

Favourite quote - " Your the light in every dark part of my soul and I'm drawn to
Fab Fun & Tantalizing Reads
Jodie: This book hit me on a personal level. Although I wasn't physically beaten for being overweight as a teen like Lilly, I have struggled going from diet to diet & wishing I could look like anyone except myself my whole life. I doubted my self worth as a woman and to this day if someone compliments me I kind of brush it off as if they are taking the piss, and yet I found Lilly beautiful on the inside & out. I want to be just like her. I, like Lilly am a lover of spanx, ice cream & ...more
AprilA
First and foremost, it's terrific to see a story about a plus sized girl whose plus size isn't a 14. Because really, 14 isn't so plus. But that's what every plus sized girl I read about ends up being! Not Lilly though! Yippee!

This was kind of a guilty pleasure story for me. The amount of crap Lilly went through in her life made her one of the most pitiful characters I've read in a long while. However, I loved that she never saw herself as pitiful and when the author revealed pitiful aspects to
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The story hit close to home.....in a lot of places. I've always been a big girl( all because my middle name is food!) Although not a size 20, but still once you cross say 10, you're pretty much generalised. Like Lilly. She's cute, smart, fiercely independent and keeps it real. Yet all because of her chunk, she's not a viable hot girl. In fact so much so that her mom has to arrange for a date for her.
Enter Devin , a hot , tatted, mechanic. He's in need of money, momma she-devil needs a companion
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
I'm not doing this a lot (almost never), but I can't continue reading past the 8% point.

The male voice is NOT a male voice. A 22 yo man will never muse about his abandonment issues in the face of his dad losing his business and home.
And then for a bank official to mock him to his face within one minute of meeting him, while asking for a loan?

The story might be good, but if the first 10% of it are written this way - not wasting my time.
Cath
Apr 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5stars It was obvious where this book was going right from the beginning but surprisingly it tugged at my heart....some feelings were a little close to home. It was a good read, a bit predictable, but I couldn't put it down. X
Livia Rabelo
Aug 29, 2017 rated it liked it
It was growing on me by the end of it, but there were some passages that I didn't like it, some very sexist comments and the story wasn't well developed for my liking.
Terri
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For starters, u should be able to accept some sex, swearing and violence when readng this book. But, if you're looking for a book that will fill you with laughter and tears then this is the book for you. It should definately be on the top of your to read list! I loved that the story advocated that bigger girls can be sexy and that you don't have to be a stick figure to gain the love and attention of a good man. Tabatha Vargo created a dazzling story when she put together this wonderful and amazi ...more
Roni Guzman
Feb 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so good. I read it in one day and wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. The main character is so funny. Anybody that has had weight issues can relate to this book. When I have a chance I will read again just because. I can't wait for the sequel.
Kathryn
Let me first say that On The Plus Side took me, wrapped me around its little pinky finger, and had me whooped with the awesomeness that flowed off of these pages. Tabatha Vargo created pure brilliance when she put together this superb and mind blowing tale. I kid you not, it has been over a week since I have finished this book and I am still reeling from how much I LOVED this book.
Ok, ok...time for me to move on in my thoughts. I will definitely let you know closer to the end just how much this
Kika
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult-fiction, notfun
Tami
May 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I actually liked this story much more than I thought I would. I’m already a fan of stories where a curvy girl is the heroine and this story was an example of why that is.
Lilly and Devin’s relationship did not start out in the most honest of ways, but It was heartwarming to see how they came together and found out how well they fit together. It was also great to see how Devin realizes that what gets his heart going is not at all what he thought it was. There was a bit of heartbreak and I found a
Genney Blass
Mar 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Had to give this book 4.5 stars, I truly love a Bad Boy and Devin was truly one of them. I was so angry and upset how her mother did to her. What she went through when those girls beat her up. But she was in loved with a Bad Boy and finally she went out on a date, had a friend, had a family that her adore her. What more can a girl want but to be loved. Even though in the Beginning Devin was just doing a job, to keep his house, but his heart took over. I cried to see Bad Boy Devin seeing his girl ...more
Kat Morrisey
Mar 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just...I can't. I need to marinade on this for a bit. So damn freaking good. I laughed, cried, grinned, giggled, and my heart broke several times. So so good. And the author's voice is fantastic, the writing is tight, and I didn't catch any major editing issues.

Edit (March 18): Okay, the full review is up on my blog: http://crackedandbrokenglass.blogspot...

I gave this a 4.5 stars, which for GR is rounded to a 5. :D Loved this book so hard!
Emily
Apr 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't comment that often because of the amount of books I read. But, this one...oh this one! I absolutely effin loved this book. From the first paragraphs I was sucked in and read it in one sitting. The characters were charming and what I would like the early 20's age group to be really like ;)

I was only 30% in when I emailed my friend to get her to read this.

I will not comment on what the book is about, you can read the synopsis for that. Just know that you will not be disappointed. Read. It
  • Alex (The Lawson Boys #1)
  • Fat Chance (The Kingsley Series, #1)
  • Sexting Curves
  • See Me
  • Highness 1 (The Lonely Heart Series, #5)
  • Sweet Temptation
  • Hell, Fire & Freedom (Fighting for Freedom, #1)
  • The Curvy Sister
  • Reasons I Fell for the Funny Fat Friend
  • Bold & Beautiful (Future Alphas, #1)
  • Nick and Lilac
  • Wrong Man, Right Kiss (Gage Brothers #2)
  • Claimed By The Cowboy (Curvy Girls)
  • Games of Fire
  • The Nature of Cruelty
Goodreads LIBRARIANS - please check with me before making any changes or additions.

*** I do NOT check my messages on Goodreads. If you would like to contact me, please send me an email at tabathavargowrites@gmail.com

Tabatha is a New York Times & USA Today Bestselling author, best known for her sexy adult romance Little Black Book.
Tabatha writes from all genres, including adult and new adult,

Chubby Girl Chronicles (2 books)
  • Hot and Heavy (Chubby Girl Chronicles, #2)
“I was minutes away from stripping naked and screaming, "Oh yeah, baby, finger my name tag!” 4 likes
“I opened the door with a smile on my face that soon melted when I saw his messy appearance.
The doorframe held him up as he leaned all of his weight against it. Expressionless, bloodshot eyes stared back at me as he lifted his hand and ran it roughly down his unshaved face. His hair was disheveled and there was blood on the front of his shirt. Panic rose up as I took him in. I rushed to him and ran my fingers down his body, as I checked for injuries.

“You’re bleeding! Oh my God, Devin! What happened? Are you OK?”

“It’s not my blood,” he slurred.

I took a better look at his gorgeous face. His unfocused eyes attempted to meet mine and it was then that the smell of liquor reached me.

“You’re drunk?”

“Abso-fucking-lutely.” He attempted to move toward me and almost fell over.

I wrapped my arms around him and helped him into my apartment. Once we made it to the couch I let him collapse onto the cushion before I went straight to work on his clothes. I removed his blood-stained shirt first and threw it to the side. Quickly checked him over again just to be sure that he wasn’t injured somewhere. His skin felt cold and clammy against my fingertips.

His knuckles were busted open, so I went to the bathroom and got a wet towel and the first aid kit. I cleaned his fingers then wrapped them up.

I felt fingers in my hair and looked up to see a very drunk Devin staring back at me.
“You’re so fucking beautiful,” he whispered as his heavy head fell against the back of my couch again.

Shaking my head, I dropped onto my knees on the floor and removed his boots.
Once I was done getting Devin out of his shoes, I went to the hallway closet and pulled out a blanket for him. When I got back to the couch, he was standing there looking back at me in all his tattooed, muscled glory. He was still leaning a bit to the side when his eyes locked on mine.

“Come here,” he rasped.

He looked as if he was about to crumble and I couldn’t tell if it was the alcohol or if something was really breaking him down.

“Are you OK, baby?” I asked.

He closed his eyes and sighed. “I love it when you call me baby.”

I went to him and he groaned as I softly ran my hands up his chest and put my arms around his neck. On my tiptoes, I softly kissed the line of his neck and his chin.

“Tell me what happened, Devin.”

When he finally opened his eyes, he looked at me differently. The calm and collected Devin was gone and an anxiety-ridden shell of a man stood before me. His shoulders felt tense beneath my fingers and his eyes held a crazed demeanor.

“I need you, Lilly.” He captured my face softly in his hands as he slurred the words.

“Please tell me what happened?”

“Make it go away, baby,” he whispered as he leaned in and started to kiss me.

I let him as I melted against his body. He collapsed against the couch once more, but this time he took me with him. Not once did he break our kiss, and soon, I felt his velvet tongue against mine. I kissed him back and let my fingers play in the hair at the back of his neck.

He broke the kiss and started down the side of my neck.

“I need you, Lilly,” he repeated against my skin.

“I’m here.” I bit at my bottom lip to stop myself from moaning.

“Please, just make it all go away,” he drunkenly begged.

“I don’t know what’s going on, but tell me what to do to make it better. I want to make it better, Devin.” I stopped him and stared into his eyes as I waited for his response.

“Don’t leave me,” he said desperately.

“I’m not going anywhere. I’m here. I’ll do whatever it takes to make it better.” I wanted to cry.

He looked so hurt and afraid. It was strange to see such a strong, confident man so lost and unsure.

He flipped me onto my back on the couch and crawled on top of me. His movements were less calculated—slower than usual.

“I want you. I need to be inside you,” he said aggressively.”
2 likes