Start by marking “Her Eternal Rogue” as Want to Read:
Her Eternal Rogue

Her Eternal Rogue

Alexander Barrington flees his tyrannical uncle for the open seas where he becomes a ruthless pirate who turns vampire.

Captured and sentence to hang, a fate he must avoid to keep his vampire self hidden, a reprieve comes if he rescues Lady Lavinia Sinclair from the French pirates and returns her to her betrothed in England.

Alexander falls for the woman who mak
Published July 1st 2013 by To The Bitter End Publishing (first published June 28th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Her Eternal Rogue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Eternal Rogue

Start your review of Her Eternal Rogue
preppea
Enter to win it on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews 09/23-10/07

What happens when a member of nobility gets kidnapped by pirates—only to be rescued by more pirates? A really steamy boat ride, apparently.

Lady Lavinia is kidnapped, offered up as a prostitute, rescued by a vampire pirate (Captain Alexander Sword), and returned to her rightful home. O – N – L – Y, not before falling in love with said vampire pirate and he with her. So now her betrothed (Nicholas) has to decide whether to marry her and sav
Cocktails and Books
Aug 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Her eternal rogue was a rollercoaster ride with many hot sexy interludes along the way. Lavinia, is rescued by Alexander in return for his and his crew's freedom. Lavinia and Alexander have adventures from the very start.

I loved the way the author allowed Lavinia to be very independent and a participant in her own bid for freedom. She is no shrinking violet even though she is a noblewoman. There were times when I felt the author dwelled too much on her dreams and memories rather than
Dianne

Historical romance lovers looking to stroll on the darker side of the street, pay attention! Gina Danna’s Her Eternal Rogue would rock the ton back on their oh-so-proper heels if they knew that the dashing pirate that “kidnapped” one of their own was really a vampire! Talk about a genre crossover! This is the best of all worlds, travel to distant lands via the sea, political intrigue, family secrets, secrets kept from the family, a kidnap plot, the kidnap plot foiled by a pirate vampire, a deflo
Lori {Romancing the Dark Side}
Originally published on Romancing the Dark Side:

3.5 Stars

A sexy swashbuckling adventure with a paranormal twist!

To avoid death by hanging, Alexander Barrington, known as the infamous Captain Sword embarks on a mission to rescue Lady Lavinia Sinclair from the French pirates who kidnapped her. What he doesn’t bargain for is falling for the beautiful woman he is sworn to protect. Lavinia might be this pirate’s ticket to freedom, but it’s his heart is what is soon on on the line when she awakens forbidden desire
Mindy (Naughty Book Snitch)
Quick summary: Lady Lavinia is kidnapped by French pirates who intend to sell her into prostitution, rescued by a hunky vampire pirate "Captain Alexander Sword", falls in love with the vampire pirate Sword and is returned home to her betrothed Nichols with no memory of Captain Alexander Sword and what they did together and now she has a hole in her heart and has no idea why.

NaughtyBookSnitch

What an exciting and imaginative story! There was NEVER a dull moment in this book. This is my first regency, paranormal, pirate r
Muse
I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.

3.5 Solid Stars

I really enjoyed this book. I did. It was interesting and sexy.

Alexander is a pirate that is cursed and demand for eternity. When he is hired to rescue the kidnapped Lavinia, he didn't know the trouble he was getting into until he bought the British irresistible woman onto his ship. Lavinia isn't just trouble, but she also manages to steal the vampire pirates heart. Unfortunately Alexand
Historical Hearts
Sep 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Her Eternal Rogue is probably not the usual sort of historical romance that I read. It has a vampire pirate as the hero.

Lavinia Sinclair, daughter of a Viscount has been kidnapped in the West Indies and Alexander Barrington; Captain Sword is enlisted to rescue her. The setting and flavour of the story is very much Pirates of the Caribbean, which I really enjoyed. The growing love (and lust) between Lavinia and Alex is really well written and believable. Alex’s struggle with loving La
AnnaBanana
Nov 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
I've never read a pirate romance before but after this one it will definitely not be my last! This book is packed full of action and adventure. It's a fantastic mixture of historical romance and paranormal romance with some pretty risque sex scenes in there. It made it very interesting and kept me immersed in the story until the end. I was really impressed with the authors ability to pack so much into this book without making me feel like it's too much. I mean kidnappings, rescues, death, travel ...more
Melanie
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: aar, read-to-review
Full review available on AAR - http://likesbooks.com/cgi-bin/bookRev...

Why is is that every vampire hero hates who he is? Or, rather, what he is? It’s a running trend in books and television - Edward from Twilight, Angel from the Buffy TV show, Louis in Interview with the Vampire, and then some. Now, there are those that revel in their otherworldliness, but they often have to be redeemed somehow by the heroine, to agree that human is better. I have to admit to being a bit tired of the trope. Here, it was an interesting take -
Edward Jr.
I’m going to start out by saying that this is not my normal type of read. In fact, I didn't even read the synopsis until I finished the book. I probably would not have read it, based on my normal taste. But what is normal now?

This book was just great! It was well written and got me hooked from the beginning and kept me there. As I said, I didn't read the synopsis, so I’m going along reading a pirate story with a beautiful captive woman…and suddenly it’s a vampire story mixed in. It w
My Book Addiction and More MBA
Lady Lavinia found herself captured by French Pirates. She was soon to be rescued, but by another pirate Alexander. She was not sure who she could trust, but when the Lady fell to her almost death and Alexander came to her rescue she had to trust him. The maiden, was having feelings for the Pirate but did not want to get to close, something was off about him, but she did not realize yet what. She would soon find out this pirate had many secrets.

I normally would not have picked regenc
Rae Ryans
Sep 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a creative blend of light paranormal and regency romance, and it was awesome.

I did receive a copy of this book in exchange for my review, but as always, all opinions remain my own.

The character's were interesting, and I loved stepping into each of their shoes. Getting to view history is a wonderful experience and the only thing that could make it better is a time machine. Out of it all though, I liked the real sense that each brought to the table.

The
Nicole Laverdure
Jul 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
High Seas Adventure
I finished reading HER ETERNAL ROGUE by Gina Danna.
It had been a while, since I had read a good Pirate adventure, and this one had a double bonus!
It's a pirate who turns vampire! The story begins as Alexander Barrington AKA Captain Sword, is sentenced to be hanged but is offered a deal he cannot refuse. His mission is to rescue Lady Lavinia Sinclair from French Pirates and return her to her betrothed in England. However, a lot can change during a voyage on the hig
Lauren Smith
Jun 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Gina Danna's book Her Eternal Rogue is a wonderful foray into the best combination of historical and paranormal romance.
The hero Alexander, is the perfect blend of brooding vampire fleshed out with an excellent backstory and not to mention he's just sexy as hell! He's a great hero that any romance lover will fall for him and the tragic circumstances of his situation.

I think what makes this book so great though is the natural chemistry Alexander has for the heroine Lady Lavinia. I fe
Mindy
Oct 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Who can resist a good pirate love story? Certainly not me. I’m a fan of all the Pirate of the Caribbean movies, the pirate ride at Disneyland, and any romance involving a pirate. So I am pretty critical when it comes to these stories, and this one did not disappoint.

I loved that Her Eternal Rogue combined several genera of storytelling into one great story. There was a kidnapping, blackmail, extortion, vampires, romance, erased memories (and I would have keelhauled him when I found o
Rachel
Sep 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-read
Her Eternal Rogue is not your usual historical romance it has the added twist of a vampire as the hero. I enjoyed this book even more because of this.

The story is fast moving with plenty of romance thrown in, the main characters are likeable and the villain of the book is a great one. There are a couple of twists which give a good edge to the story.

I would recommend this book to any fans of historical romance who like a bit of intrigue thrown in to the mix. The added extra of the vampire theme
Daneesha
STOP! IF COPIOUS TYPOS BOTHER YOU, DO NOT READ THIS BOOK. Did anyone actually edit it? What's up with that? I can't even name one example. The errors were littered throughout the book.
With that said, I loved the idea of a vampire pirate...especially one as sexy as our Alexander...
I enjoyed this book even as it spiraled into a crazy, drama twist fest. At first, nothing was happening, then there was danger, then there was an attempt to be normal by the heroine...I was like, wait what?! Ther
Georgia Hunter
Jul 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A delicious story of a vampire pirate that makes you swoon. A unique concept, one I haven't read before, so kudos to the author for that.

The chemistry between Lavinia and Alexander is way hot. And they take you on a roller-coaster of emotions with all the obstacles in their path and you feel for them. Ms Danna has a genuine knack for torturing characters, but she wraps all up so wonderfully.
A great read.
Brandt
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun read right from the first page. In Her Eternal Rogue, author Gina Danna finds a magical blend of romance, suspense and action. Danna is a natural storyteller and you can tell she had a great time writing this book – I mean vampires, pirates, sex and adventure . . . what a blast. But she can write – the characters are well developed and the plot twists are surprising. It’s really good, you’ll have a great time. Recommended – five stars!
Casea Major
Jul 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Doubly delicious - a Vampire Pirate hero a sweet seductive heroine and intrigue on the high seas.

Ms. Danna's debut novel is a page-turning force of unnatural sexiness. The chemistry between Alex and Lavinia is off the charts. The action is well placed and always ups the stakes. The story tension built to the climax and left me feeling completely satisfied. Ms. Danna knows well how to exquisitely torture her characters (and readers). She is a voice to watch and I can't wait for more.
Jodi Vaughn
Aug 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A pirate who happens to be a vampire! Need I say more?! It was hard to put this book down once I started reading. I loved that Lavinia was a strong heroine who was torn between listening to her heart and listening to her head when it came to her vampire pirate. The story was sexy, sultry and thrilling!!
InD'tale Magazine
Lavinia starts off as a strong character, trying to free herself from the French, but becomes weaker as the book progresses, allowing the men around her to dictate her actions.

Read full review in the November 2013 issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Barbara
Sep 23, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: books-2013
DNF for me

Formatting problems aside, the writing was stilted, I could not visualize the Hero or the heroine as anything other than cardboard characters. Got to Chapter 3, ent to the end of the book and agreed with my first instinct--I just closed the book.
Melissa Jackson
Aug 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Her Eternal Rogue. It was different from anything else I've read! Who wouldn't love a vampire pirate?!
Daryl Devore
Jun 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was fun read - steeped in pirate dialogue and sexual tension. My favourite line - She's an angel.I'm the devil. And devilish he was - devilishly handsome, charming and bad.
Tammy
Aug 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received this book free from the Goodreads giveaway. I really liked the twist of the vampire. Made it more interesting.
Tara Kingston
Sep 18, 2013
Tonyaprice
rated it it was ok
Aug 13, 2016
Talk Supe
Sep 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
Not exactly what I was hoping for but the marriage situation was sticky as snot. More later...
Monie
Oct 24, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• His Wicked Revenge (Short Story)
  • Hunted: An Erotic Retelling of Beauty and the Beast (Hunted by the Beast, #1-5)
  • The Sheik Retold
  • Once an Heiress (Once A..., #2)
  • Hybrid (The Healer #2)
  • Immortal Protector (The Immortals, #1)
  • Teach Me
  • Sin
  • Symphony of Light and Winter (Symphony of Light, #1)
  • Fire at Midnight
  • Gossamer (Gossamer, #1)
  • The Magic Between Us (Faerie, #3)
  • Hostage
  • Birthday Wishes (The List, #1)
  • In Too Deep (The Triple Horn Brand, #2)
  • Tykota's Woman
  • Her Pirate to Love (Sam Steele, #4)
  • A Duchess in Name (The Grantham Girls, #1)

A USAToday Bestselling author, Gina Danna was born in St. Louis, Missouri, and has spent the better part of her life reading. History has always been her love and she spent numerous hours devouring historical romance stories, always dreaming of writing one of her own. After years of writing historical academic papers to achieve her undergraduate and graduate degrees in History, and then for museum