Start by marking “E For England” as Want to Read:
E For England

E For England

From the author of The Ripple Effect comes a poignant novel about a mother who has given up everything for her kids, and her opportunity to take a risk on something for herself.

Annie never thought to use underwear to meet a man, but the trick works on her downstairs neighbour, Hugh. Though he’s a handsome English doctor, Annie wants nothing more than friendship. Luckily,
Published August 1st 2013 by Escape Publishing

To ask other readers questions about E For England, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about E For England

Kathryn Laceby
Aug 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Originally reviewed at Novel Escapes

I had really high expectations for this novel, not quite sure why but I think it’s because I haven’t read an Australian Chick Lit book that I haven’t liked yet. I find them just a bit edgier than the norm and am always intrigued to read about new cities and intricacies of life in other countries.

E for England had some good points - I actually really liked the game-plan behind the title and thought it was both quirky and unique. I enjoyed the chil
Sam Still Reading
Aug 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of realistic & sweet romance
Recommended to Sam Still Reading by: from Net Galley and Escape Publishing - thank you!
I can tell you now that before last week I had never read any book where the hero and heroine meet while searching for a pair of knickers that blew off a balcony. But now I have – and that’s just how Hugh and Annie meet in E for England. This is a sweet but practical romance in amongst a messy breakup, two young children and a hero trying to atone for his previous sins.

Set in Sydney (I am loving all these Australia-based books I’m reading at the moment), Annie and her two children mo
Amy
Aug 02, 2013 rated it liked it
More of a 3.5 than a 3 or 4.

Annie's husband left her and their two young children nearly a year ago, leaving behind only a note saying he needed to find himself. He has sent a few postcards, but no money, relegating Annie to moving in with a frisky coworker. She had to give up her plans for an MBA as she struggles to provide for her children.

Yes, life looks a bit challenging for her. The last thing she has any interest in is dating, so of course she meets Hugh, a handsome doctor liv
Alex
Aug 08, 2013 rated it liked it
At First Sight: After almost a year of separation (and at least six months since she last heard of her soon to be ex-husband), newly single mom Annie is still quite pissed off at said ex, but trying to make ends met the best she can while caring for her two young children.

Her situation is far from ideal, though. She's barely making enough at her job, she hasn't been able to save enough to go back to school and she's currently crashing at a co-worker's apartment. The last thing she wants to do i
Jane Hunt
Aug 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
E For England by Elisabeth Rose

E for England is a sweet contemporary romance with memorable characters.

Annie and Hugh create an instant bond with the reader which intensifies as the story progresses. If like me you enjoy character driven romance this is for you. The secondary characters particularly the children enhance the story and provide reality based humour that every parent will recognise and enjoy.

The plot is reality based and doesn't provide the escapism I usually seek in a romantic novel but the depth and authenticity of the characters mad
Excalibur Snape
Nov 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was an entertaining book.
The characters were amazing.
I love that this book took place in Australia I wish more books did.
The relationships between the characters were real explosive.
It was real it is something that the reader could relate to.
It was a cute romance.
Roz ~ My Written Romance
Mar 25, 2014
Ipshita Ranjana
Aug 05, 2013
Elisabeth Rose
Apr 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
marlin1
Toni
Jan 21, 2016
Debbie
Feb 08, 2018
Elisabeth has been an avid reader all her life. She dabbled in writing as a teenager but gave it away to study music which has also been a life long passion and is why musicians are often, but not always, her main characters. She plays clarinet in a community orchestra.

Tai Chi is a part of Elisabeth's life and has been since 1987. She and her husband travel a lot and she also plays ten