Start by marking “Horse Country: A World of Horses” as Want to Read:
Horse Country: A World of Horses

Horse Country: A World of Horses

Follow Lise and Wes as they work their way around North East Victoria, Australia in the seasonal world of breeding thoroughbreds. Horse Country follows the seasons of the thoroughbred industry and what the day to day of working on a stud could look like.

A few hours away, Maddie and Melanie are working hard in their parent’s metropolitan riding school, teaching others about
Published 2013 by Christine Meunier

To ask other readers questions about Horse Country, please sign up.
Christine Meunier Hi Simon!

Hi Simon!

The story is primarily horse focused - horse riding, horse breeding, horse sales. However, it follows the lives of four different people and includes some parts about school, travel, work demands and relationships (romance).

I hope this helps! If not, perhaps you could indicate what you're looking for as well as horses and I can say if that is covered in the book :)

Kind regards,

Christine(less)
Accidental Leigh by Melanie  JamesNobody's Perfect by Kallypso MastersUna Historia de Ayer by Sergio CoboNobody's Hero by Kallypso MastersThe Darkest Frost, Vol. 1 by Tanya Holmes
Indie Authors to Watch
6,432 books — 6,885 voters
Black Beauty by Anna SewellThe Black Stallion by Walter FarleyKing of the Wind by Marguerite HenryMisty of Chincoteague by Marguerite HenrySeabiscuit by Laura Hillenbrand
Horse Books/Novels
1,312 books — 641 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Horse Country: A World of Horses
Clare O'Beara
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is an account over several years of Australian Thoroughbred horse breeding, fictionalised. Sadly it reads like a diary with the names changed, and there's no real threads of drama.

The formatting of this book is odd, blog-style with ragged-edged paragraphs, no indents and a blank line between paragraphs. I really don't recommend doing this as it keeps the reader from settling in to the story. The editing needs a final brush-up as I found lines like:
"the parent’s weren’t overly horsey" and
Susan Keefe
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful insight into the horse world.

Have you ever wanted to work with horses, know more about them, or own one? Well, reading this book will inspire you!

Set in Australia, it follows the lives and experiences of four people. Wes and Lise, who have a passion for breeding Thoroughbreds, and twins Maddie and Melanie who give lessons at their parents riding school.

Although written as a story, this book contains a wealth of knowledge about horses, their breeding, the stallions, and mare and foal
Breanna Thompson
May 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Review coming soon!!
Jonel
Jul 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Right from the get-go Meunier jumps around between the lives of 4 amazing women who work in different aspects the equine industry. She melds all of these views together into a very seamless and intriguing whole. She covers many different aspects of the equine industry in an entertaining and captivating manner that will make you laugh and really think about what she has to say.

This novel is extremely well written and has a nice, natural flow to it that allows you to follow along, falling in love
Donna
Oct 10, 2014 marked it as to-read
Oops, I accidentally rated this five stars. I really hate technology sometimes.

Anyway, this sounds pretty interesting, and I definitely plan to read it. :)
Denise
May 10, 2018 rated it liked it
It's not that this book was bad...it just wasn't really my cup of tea so to speak. I did like it, but I liked Christine's series Free Rein much better. This book had some very mild language, and a tiny bit of adult content (nothing too bad really), and that's why I could only give it a 3 * rating...but with that said, I do think it was well written, and very informative. Christine is still one of my favorite authors, and I highly recommend her books. :)
Christine Meunier
Jun 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Reviews listed at the official site - http://horsecountrybook.com/buy-the-b...
Amazon reviews including a 4 star and 5 star at http://www.amazon.com/Horse-Country-W...
Kathie
Eddie Grooms
May 20, 2015
Linda
Jun 13, 2015
Christine Meunier considers herself introduced to the wonderful world of horses at the late age of 13 when her parents agreed to lease a horse for her. She started experiencing horses via books from a young age and continues to do so, but recognises that horses cannot be learnt solely from books.

She is the author of the Free Rein series for kids and the Thoroughbred Breeders series for adults as w

News & Interviews

“So I’m there, surrounded by all these young and old girls who are obviously in season and I don’t know what to do.”
The trained psychologist cleared his throat, his brows raised.
“Girls… in season?” he questioned dubiously.
“Yeah… and they’re all backing up to me and I just know that if I let them fall pregnant the boss’ll kill me, but I’m stuck.”
“Umm… what exactly are we talking about?”
“My dream: me holding the teaser and all the clients’ expensive mares-”
“Oh! So these are horses. Tell me, what’s a teaser?”
1 likes
The trained psychologist cleared his throat, his brows raised.
“Girls… in season?” he questioned dubiously.
“Umm… what exactly are we talking about?”
“My dream: me holding the teaser and all the clients’ expensive mares-”
“Oh! So these are horses. Tell me, what’s a teaser?”
0 likes