Start by marking “Sweet Nothings (Sugar Springs, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Nothings (Sugar Springs, #2)

Sweet Nothings

(Sugar Springs #2)

Published January 1st 2014 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Nothings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Nothings

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
The "Can't Wait" Books of 2014
1,983 books — 5,224 voters
Seducing Cinderella by Gina L. MaxwellFighting for Irish by Gina L. MaxwellRules of Entanglement by Gina L. MaxwellFighting Destiny by Amelia HutchinsHard as It Gets by Laura Kaye
Covergasms!
1,153 books — 939 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Sweet Nothings (Sugar Springs, #2)
Jacob Proffitt
Dec 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, steamy
A very enjoyable small-town romance. It's a lot better than the first book as it has all the charm of that one but without the weaknesses. It's rather a shame that I really think you'd get more out of this one having read the first so can't really recommend starting here.

My only qualm (and keeping this from being four rather than three stars) is that I didn't really care much for Joanie--her hang-ups persisted much longer than they really should have. I liked her well enough, and she made sense
Juanita
Oct 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: audios
2-3 stars
Well I”ll just quickly sum it up and say the heroine Joanie had so many problems it drove me nuts. Pretty much the entire book she was afraid to commit and the hero Nick wanted a relationship.

“She had to work through what she wanted, and hopefully come to him at the end. He had to let her go to see what happened”
 photo umno_zpsu8gqt4oz.gif
Vanessa
Aug 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was my first Kim Law novel, and I have to say it made me want to read more. I thought the characters were great and likeable, but the reason for the lack of a star was the quick ending. There was such a build up in the story (especially with the mysterious grandfather) and I felt the author was quick to write off the conclusion. It was like craving a chocolate chip cookie and getting one only to have half fall to the floor! I really wished she took more time with the ending especially since ...more
Shari
Dec 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Sweet Romance

A Sweet romance with HEA. A small town where everyone knows everything, even Gigi in the nursing home. The romance of Nick and Joanie is full of emotions. Can Joanie beat the family curse. This book brought out my emotions of laughter and 2014tears. A must read for 2014.
Beth
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this book best so far ...this series is so awesome!! this series, these characters, i am gonna have to read more from Kim very very soon!! be sure to have a tissue close. love it!! must read or listen if you prefer!! so so good. ( :
Alison
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This one was a sweet treat & I love the town of Sugar Springs

The Dalton brothers are hot & Nick was just beautiful with Jo knowing she had issues he pushed when h needed to push & backed off when he had to
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Sweet Nothings is one of my favorite Contemporary reads for the year. This small town story is full of drama, small town gossips, and heart-warming love stories. A perfect read for the holidays.

Sweet Nothings picked up about two months after Sugar Springs had ended. And Cody’s brother, Nick Dalton, is back to continue to build their relationship. While in town, he also started to get to know the people in Sugar Springs including a certain baker who had caught his attention. Nick will find
Stephanie- The Boyfriend Bookmark
I absolutely adored this book. Let’s face it, it has a hot guy and tons of cupcakes… But what I loved more is that I felt a connection to this book. It was more than just characters I could relate to, it was the town and the people. I am drawn to a book that I can connect with. I grew up in a small town and some of the issues the characters faced in this book are issues I have faced in my life.

I love Joanie becuase she is just cute. She is not afraid to be edgy or stand out in a crowd. It seems
Cindy
Nov 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
***I was given an ARC from Reading Bliss for an honest review***

I must say I really enjoyed this book. Sweet Nothings is the story about the relationship between Nick Dalton and Joanie Bigbee.I LOVED both of these characters, even though they both have a great deal of baggage. Joanie much more so then Nick.

Joanie Bigbee has lived in Sugar Springs all her life. Joanie has made a living out of building businesses and then selling them. Her latest business venture is a cupcake business. So one day
Gaele
Dec 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
I read romance because I want to escape and be entertained and amused, and this title managed to succeed and deliver laughter, enjoyment and escape. Kim Law’s second installment in the Sugar Springs series focuses on Joanie and Nick.

Joanie is a Sugar Springs native, born with restless feet, while she has never left the town she constantly needs a new challenge to keep her amused. These she finds in her serial business ownership: start a business, get it successful, sell it and move on. She
Jodean
Dec 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ouab
The premise of the book is simple, Nick Dalton is in Sugar Springs to connect with his long lost twin brother and expand his construction business to the area. Nick hopes by branching out his business in Sugar Springs it will allow him to spend more time with his new found twin brother and his nieces. What he doesn't expect or count on is to have his heart pulled by Joanie Bigbee, owner of a local cupcake shop, and cursed with the Bigbee women's curse. Joanie is trying to keep her heart and ...more
Pam
Dec 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
Joanie loves to start a business and then flip it for money. It is what she is good at and how she makes a living. However she has to now fix up her childhood home and sale it or her grandmother will have to come live with her. That is the last thing she wants as they don't always get along. She in list the help of Nick to fix up the house so she can sell it. She has no desire or needs to be tied down. Being from a family that marriages don't seem to work out she doesn't plan on making that ...more
Kelly at
Review will be posted at www.books-n-kisses.com .

NUMBER OF HEARTS: 4
REVIEW:
Joanie Bigbee is a woman who has never made any kind of commitments. Not to her family, not to her job and most definitely not to a man. Except for one problem. Nick Dalton. Nick is back in town and really throwing a wrench in Joanie’s armor.

Nick Dalton has come back to town to open a new branch of his business so that he has a reason to come visit his newly found brother. But Nick’s reason for staying might have just
Terri Hosale
Oct 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love Sugar Springs. Kim Law has created a fictional town that I want to live in. I love the characters in the town and especially in this book. Their fears and doubts about relationships are real, and you really pull for them. And I love that there is a bit of reality in the book as well - Go Preds!!!! What could be better than hockey and cupcakes?

This is the second book on Kim's Sugar Springs series but it can totally stand on its own. Read it first or second, but read both books. You won't
Danielle
Jun 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was really cute. I loved the town and the characters. I'm shocked I haven't read this series before and I know now I have to go read the first and third book of this series.

It had the right amount of emotional and drama to make it worth reading without being overwhelming. The romance was perfectly done and these two characters weren't rushed into anything.

It ended in an engagement but with how the story went it worked with this book.

I am going to be reading more from this author in
Bette Hansen
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Delightful small town romance at it's best! Filled with quirky characters and a flair for protecting their Sugar Springs is idyllic. You have to cheer for Joanie & Nick as they work through all the emotions of falling in love. Fantastic book I recommend for everyone.
Kayla Barnes
Dec 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!

It's one of the best books I've read so far. I was so addicted to it. A must read for sure.
Penney
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Joanie Bigbee, cupcake baker extraordinaire, likes to keep her options open—and she’s good at it. She's started and sold some 30 businesses in her postage stamp-sized Tennessee town, and at the moment she can be found in a short skirt and go-go boots, selling cupcakes out of the back of a converted Volkswagen van. What she moves on to next is anybody’s guess. She knows better than to be tied down. In any way. She's watched every woman in her family fall head-over-heels, only to find themselves ...more
Vivian
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nick is determined to make a name for himself in the small town of Sugar Springs. Besides, since reuniting with his long lost brother, he likes having family around. He also likes what he sees in Joanie. But he might as well get her out of his head because she won’t even go out on one date with him.

Joanie is convinced she’s unlucky in love. Like her mother and grandmother before her; she refuses to morph herself into what she thought men wanted. She’d rather go without love than be a broken
Callie
Apr 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Typical romance

Typical of most romances...hero vs. heroine: she doesn't want him he wants her, but she really wants him and doesn't want to admit it; he's jealous, she's jealous, mix in some family drama, lots of sex, irrational thinking, more sex...eh, don't really need the details, but they're there anyway. ... I was more interested in the back story once I realized I was reading book number two of three. I didn't realize it was a mini-series in the making hmmm....guess I'll see if reading
Pippa
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: okay
A series called "Sugar Springs" was never going elicit great expectations but book #1 was okay. I would have given this one 3 stars but it has taken me a long time to read it, in fact I set it aside several times but once beyond half-way, it got through it relatively quickly. The first half would definitely be better for some abridging. I bought all 3 at the same time and was doubting I would ever bother with the final one, but now feel I might tackle it after all.
Mahita
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Short Take: Definitely not a cure for insomnia! Quick and typical romance read.

Not an extraordinary story line - insecure protagonist, patient hero who could work around those ridiculous boundaries and the eventual happy ending. The in between is the journey of the two to take their leap to happy ending.

Pick it up if you want some light read, but nothing amiss if this does not catch your eye!!
M4queen
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice

Nice addition to the series. Didn't really care for how indecisive Joanie was. Her back and forth with Nick although a bit understandable, for me it was a bit overboard. I mean thank goodness for Nick's patience geez. Nice to see how he and Cody are coming into their own as brothers. Job well done Kim Law.
Pamela J. Cox
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good , sexy, fun read.

This is a five star read. It's the second book in the series. I love the fact that I set the book down for a month or two and picked it back up again without having to re read the story to familiarize myself with the story line. I like the forever after endings.
Sylvia Hughes
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable Read

Easy and frustrating read at times but enjoyed every page. Hope to find more about Sugar Springs. Always enjoy a series where all the characters are related in one way or another.
Leslie
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Both damaged by a lack of love, where she holds back to protect herself, he goes full steam ahead. It takes a lot to get her to trust him and what they have.

I like that the characters are dynamic and grow but never lose their identities.
Leigh Goldian
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So cute!!

This story was so sweet (pun intended)! I loved the Ups and downs of it and it was incredibly romantic. Definitely read this if you love romance and character development.
Isabel
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finding her happy, sweet, sassy, fun road to self discovery

Living her life under the weight of a family curse, self discovery and letting go of the bad. Book of loss love & finally happiness. Well written with a HEA what more could you want in a book?
MaryRhonda
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SO SWEET

I loved this story about Joanie and Nick. These are two that are complete opposites, but somehow it works. Joanie's quirks will have you smiling even when things get tough. Very enjoyable story.
Brenda H Seales
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous Series!!!!

This is a great story. I loved the characters and their families and friends. I recommend it to all. I can't wait to get started on the next one. Kim Law is awesome
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
  • Her Hopes and Dreams (Ardent Springs, #4)
  • My One and Only (Ardent Springs, #3)
  • The Last in Love (Ardent Springs, #5)
  • It's In His Smile (Red River Valley, #3)
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
  • It's In His Touch (Red River Valley, #2)
  • What You Do to Me (The Haneys #1)
  • What Matters Most (The Haneys, #3)
  • The Difference a Day Makes (Perfect, Indiana, #2)
  • It's In His Arms (Red River Valley, #4)
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • A Change of Heart (Perfect, Indiana #3)
  • Whatever You Need (The Haneys, #2)
  • The Twisted Road to You (Perfect, Indiana, #4)
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
  • More to Give (Anchor Island, #4)
  • Among The Stars (A Shooting Stars Novel Book 4)
Kim Law is an award-winning bestselling author of contemporary romance. Her fourteen novels (and two novellas) are set mostly in small towns and contain a fun mix of drama, family & friends, and laughter. Oh . . . and sex Her latest release, Montana Dreams, was released September 25th and is book four in The Wildes of Birch Bay.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/2PZAFp9
Bookbub: http://bit.ly/2owztNu

Sugar Springs (3 books)
  • Sugar Springs (Sugar Springs, #1)
  • Sprinkles on Top (Sugar Springs, #3)