Start by marking “A Girl Walks Into a Bar: Your Fantasy, Your Rules” as Want to Read:
A Girl Walks Into a Bar: Your Fantasy, Your Rules

A Girl Walks Into a Bar: Your Fantasy, Your Rules

How will your night out end?

You make the rules.

You're at one of the hottest bars in town, all dressed up for a fabulous girls' night out with your best friend, when she cancels. What do you do now?

In this novel, YOU make the decisions.

Will you do body shots with a rock star? Cozy up to the hot bartender? Follow a mysterious woman to a rather unusual exhibition? Investigate
Published February 4th 2014 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Girl Walks Into a Bar, please sign up.
Yoana Choose Your Own Adventure books or gamebooks.

Callie Rose Tyler

Inés Izal
May 12, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Epic fail.
Esta visto que mis elecciones no me llevan a muy buen puerto.
Lauren
Jan 15, 2014 rated it liked it
I used this book for my little sister's Bachlorette party and it was such a major success with the ladies. We loved it.
 photo 7932617_zpsveexpzbo.gif

All the girls enjoyed it & I'll admit to blushing (if a mixed girl blushing is possible) a few times while reading - but give me a break - I was reading to a room full of hormonally crazed bachelorettes!!

This book is a fun read. You should definitely give it a try! If you let yourself have fun with it, you'll finish the book feeling a little like this:
 photo pitch-perfect-rebel-wilson-acapella-fat-amy-funny_zps1flzanvc.gif

3.5 fun, sexy Stars
Pamela ✨I Blame Wizards✨
I picked this one up as a laugh since I thought the concept of a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure novel for adults was going to be a bit of fun. But the book had already lost me in the first choice. You get to choose what underwear you want to wear on your big night out. I chose the comfy undies, and the response to that was "NO WAY - WHO WEARS COMFY UNDIES ON A NIGHT OUT?!?" and forced me to go back and choose a 'more appropriate' undergarment.

Well fuck you, book. I DO wear comfy undies on a night out
Helene
Dec 23, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I liked the idea of a sexy choose-your-own-adventure novel, but I went into it expecting some of the content to be problematic; people's sexual preferences are simply too specific for such a book to cater to everyone who reads it.

*spoilers*
While I applaud the author for including a story line that allows the (female) readers to experiment with another woman, other options were less liberal.
At least one character in the book is kink-shamed for the sake of comedy; and one story line even goes as
Elena Yankova
May 19, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ама защо се занимавам с глупости?!
Бранимир Събев
Повече такива книги-игри трябва да има! :P :D ;)
Allie
Dec 03, 2013 rated it did not like it
Ugh this book was THE DUMBEST. I picked it up off the ARC shelf looking to have some giggles with Hillary Dog, and it is so disappointing. It's not that Pretty Little Mistakes: A Do-Over Novel is genius or anything, but that book is certainly more creative and had more interesting choices. For this dumb book all roads lead home to watch Bridget Jones in sweatpants. PUH-LEASE.
Chryssa
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a clever idea! This book is sexy and hot, but unlike most erotica, it's well written and believable. The plot (plots!) are fun and entertaining, and the bonus is that it's like buying a whole bunch of books, as you can read a different thread each time. The perfect Christmas, birthday, or hen party gift. It's saucy, but not seedy, so don't be shy to gift it to your mum-in-law, she will love it too! I can't wait to read the next one.
Fernanda Ruso
Me gustó que por fin me dieran la oportunidad de ir hacia otro lado que no fuera la heterosexualidad, sin embargo, admito que el final no me gustó mucho.

Y en serio, no sé cuantas veces me jodio con ir a ver al Barman, pero no, me presentaron a Mac y la decisión ya había sido tomada.
Georgiana 1792
Prima scena "Scelta delle mutande adatte in puro stile Bridget Jones". E già, perché una ragazza single che deve andare in un bar con il possibile intento di rimorchiare, deve fare una scelta oculata.

– Mutande comode?
– Mutande contenitive?
– Perizoma sexy? (chissà perché del perizoma è specificato il colore – viola, di pizzo coi bordini di seta – mentre delle altre mutande no!)
– NIENTE??? O___O

Ragazze, voi che vi mettete?
Io opterei per le mutande comode, perché quando sto scomoda mi innervosisco
Красимира
Накратко: книга-игра с порно. Ако не беше интерактивна, едва ли щях да посегна към нея. Нещо като кръстоска между "Сексът и градът", "50 нюанса сиво" и "Дневникът на Бриджит Джоунс". Тъй като не съм почитателка на нищо от изброените, няма да сложа оценка. Интерактивната част е добре направена, изборите водят до съвсем различни истории, не липсват и типичните преплитания или намигания към читателя. Има майтапи в стила на типичните чик-лит книжки и лека самоирония. Историята обаче е далече от нещо ...more
Mel
Apr 10, 2016 rated it liked it
I read 1 full story to completion. I chose to follow 1 story instead of going back to read everything but I skimmed. My choice was the best one. But yeah this was not well written by any means but this concept is great. Hoping the wedding one is just as entertaining.

Around The Year in 52 Books Challenge #44 - A book you're embarrassed to read in public
Francesco
La fiera del railorading: prendi una decisione, se ti porta verso il finale lungo il percorso immaginato dall'autrice allora va bene, se invece ti porterebbe lungo un percorso alternativo allora alla pagina seguente il testo ti riporta "sulla retta via" (parlare di retta via in un gamebook con tematica soft-erotica è alquanto surreale).
Il problema è che se è presente un'opzione che porta verso la totale perdizione della protagonista allora deve essere possibile andare a percorrrere anche quella
Rikke
Apr 23, 2017 rated it liked it
This book is really not as bad as many of the reviews try to tell you it is.
It's not an easy job writing a book like this, where it all have to match up, in between story lines. I think the 3 Writers did great job at attempting that.

And yeah maybe it has tacky parts, but hey - don't tell me you read this book for the literature aspect of it.
I do think it's a shame that it's impossible to go anywhere over the edge with it.
Even if you try to pick the kinky option, the book very fast pull you bac
Natalie TBGWP
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was ok
Every time I see one of these choose your own way or destiny books I get really excited. The concept is so brilliant, and I love that you're getting more for your money, as you can start again over and over and get a different ending each time. In A girl Walks in to a Blind Date, you get three stories. I did read all three and to be fair two were okay and one was poor. I think the ideas and plots are all great, but it just needed more. I understand it has to constantly say you did this, and you ...more
Neus Gutiérrez
Sep 03, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Venga hombre.
Cuando lo terminé, fue en plan... ¿Con el señor conejo? ¿En serio?
Por dios, le di vueltas cambiando mis acciones a ver si los otros tres postulantes eran mejores, pero qué va... ni el loco del cantante de rock, ni el madurito, ni el virgen, ni el fotógrafo.
Además, me cabrea mucho que te deje elegir y luego diga: ¿Qué? NO. Eso no, haz esto. ¿Hola? ¿No se supone que yo decido? Eso me cabreó mucho.
En cuanto al libro en sí, es infantil, la prosa deja mucho que desear, los argumentos son
Camilla Jorge
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mine
A book completely different from every other one I've read so far...
It's you who choose how this will end up, and you can choose one or all ends!!!
I've choose all of them... I needed to know how every option could bring an entire world of possibilities and how they would have or not a proper close...

And the mental images... interesting... hahaha
Tracy Kellies
Read this a few months ago. What a fun read!
Amber
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
Different kind of book. Wouldn’t have read it if I wasn’t doing the 2019 pop sugar challenge!
Svenja
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Du bist mit deiner besten Freundin in der Bar verabredet, bei einem solchen Abend ist die Unterwäsche natürlich schwer von Bedeutung, schließlich weiß man nie wem man so begegnen könnte - einen sexy Geschäftsmann im Goerge Clooney Verschnitt? Oder vielleicht doch eher einen berühmten und heißen Rockstar?
Also für welche Unterwäsche entscheidest du dich, den lila heißen String oder soll es doch eher das Figur formende Höschen sein, das deine Figur zwar in Szene setzt, aber neben den geringen Komfo
Ella-Maluca Floyd
Det er ikke så tit, at jeg kommer i byen og da slet ikke med de udfald, som hovedpersonen i “En kvinde går ind på en bar” ender ud med. Men det var ganske underholdende og slet ikke, hvad jeg havde forventet.

Først og fremmest havde jeg forventet en erotisk fortælling i stil med Fifty Shades, Crossfire etc… i stedet fik jeg en væsentlig sjovere fortælling, som ikke overskred nogle ekstreme grænser. Dernæst var bogen skrevet i du-form, således at jeg virkelig følte, at det var mine beslutninger –
Cassy Witthar
Feb 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
ARC received for an honest review.

So when I saw the opportunity to read something a little different, I went for it. Did you ever read the "Choose your own Adventure" books as a kid? Well, this was something like that, only you get to choose your own fantasy. You read through a setting then choose the path you want to go. Like at the beginning, you're getting ready to go out on the town, which underwear do you choose. If you want the purple lacy g-string go to page...If you want to wear your fa
Kitten Blue
Nov 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, so this book was a freebie with the latest issue of Women's Health magazine, which I'll admit I only bought because I heart freebies, and I've followed one story line, if you can call it that, and it was better than I expected from the book's rating! :P I hooked up with the drummer and I was really into it and then (view spoiler) and I was like, HUH?! Do the authors not like guys in bands? Are they trying ...more
Taymara Jagmohan
For a simple night, after finishing a difficult assignment.

I totally laughed when I read some of the erotica~

Do not read this if you're under the age to laugh at these notions. (HAHA) :D

I loved this read, simply because you could have navigated to all ends of this book, and still go forward.

A lady speaks, wears and lives as she wishes- as soon as she enters a bar. Where does it go from there? Only she may permit.

commando- life. haha

Love,
Taymara
Angel's books
Tercihlerinize göre ilerleyen bir roman bu. Şahane Hatalar serisi gibi. Bayanlar için yazılmış. Yakın arkadaşınızla akşam barda buluşup vakit geçirmek için sözleşmişsiniz. Bara gidiyorsunuz fakat arkadaşınız gelemiyor. Sonra tercihler başlıyor. Barda kalıp bir içki mi içeceksiniz yoksa evinize mi döneceksiniz? Tercihinize göre sayfa sayısı yazıyor ve o sayfaya atlayıp kendi maceranızı kendiniz oluşturuyorsunuz. Ben pek beğenmedim. Fazla +18. Merak edeniniz varsa devam kitapları var.
Tara West
Jan 31, 2014 rated it did not like it
I thought this book had so much potential and maybe went into it with high expectations, but I was completely let down. It was cool that you could choose to try things you normally wouldn't (like being with a girl) but there was a lack of sensuality that is need in a book like this. Wrong Words seemed to be used in the wrong place and I ended up laughing partway through the scenarios. Perhaps this is what the author wanted, but as the reader I was expecting more.
Crystal
Jan 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have never read a book like this before. I definitely enjoyed being able to choose where you went in the book. I only read some of the scenarios but it definitely kept my interest. And for it being sort of erotic was a nice little twist. Totally a book for every woman who needs a little fantasy in her life!
Natalie Joseph
This story line is simple, it starts with a girl walking into a bar and her friend stands her up. Her night, has many various options and only by the time I was in the third option, did I realise that the "girl" was me! I was making all the choices and then the rest of the stories took on a new light.

The book is simple but intelligent and more so fun!
Beenee Reads
Jul 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I gave this three stars because it's a choose your own adventure for adults, unfortunately, more often than not, the options led to really bizarre turns. I think if the author made the choices and end results more appealing the book would be five star worthy.
  • Claudine
  • Wild Licks (Secrets of a Rock Star, #2)
  • A Fare to Remember
  • Swing
  • Sexcapades
  • Billionaires Housekeeper Bound & Spanked Part One (Submission, Erotic Romance)
  • The Naughty Corner
  • Bound to be Taken (Emergence #1)
  • xoxo
  • Heat (Club Inferno, #1)
  • Abby Has Gone Wild
  • Flashes of Me (The Seen Trilogy, #3.1)
  • Hotelles
  • The Billion Dollar Bachelor (The Billionaire's Club, #1)
  • Bound by Him (The Billionaire's Club #3)
  • Crossing the Line
  • Serving Him
  • Tied to His Betrayal (Dirty Little Secrets, #2)