Start by marking “A Girl Walks Into a Bar: Your Fantasy, Your Rules” as Want to Read:
A Girl Walks Into a Bar: Your Fantasy, Your Rules

A Girl Walks Into a Bar: Your Fantasy, Your Rules

How will your night out end?

You make the rules.

You're at one of the hottest bars in town, all dressed up for a fabulous girls' night out with your best friend, when she cancels. What do you do now?

In this novel, YOU make the decisions.

Will you do body shots with a rock star? Cozy up to the hot bartender? Follow a mysterious woman to a rather unusual exhibition? Investigate
Published February 4th 2014 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Girl Walks Into a Bar, please sign up.
Yoana Choose Your Own Adventure books or gamebooks.

Start your review of A Girl Walks Into a Bar: Your Fantasy, Your Rules
Pamela ✨I Blame Wizards✨
I picked this one up as a laugh since I thought the concept of a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure novel for adults was going to be a bit of fun. But the book had already lost me in the first choice. You get to choose what underwear you want to wear on your big night out. I chose the comfy undies, and the response to that was "NO WAY - WHO WEARS COMFY UNDIES ON A NIGHT OUT?!?" and forced me to go back and choose a 'more appropriate' undergarment.

Well fuck you, book. I DO wear comfy undies on a night out
Lauren
Jan 15, 2014 rated it liked it
I used this book for my little sister's Bachlorette party and it was such a major success with the ladies. We loved it.
 photo 7932617_zpsveexpzbo.gif

All the girls enjoyed it & I'll admit to blushing (if a mixed girl blushing is possible) a few times while reading - but give me a break - I was reading to a room full of hormonally crazed bachelorettes!!

This book is a fun read. You should definitely give it a try! If you let yourself have fun with it, you'll finish the book feeling a little like this:
 photo pitch-perfect-rebel-wilson-acapella-fat-amy-funny_zps1flzanvc.gif

3.5 fun, sexy Sta
Helene
Dec 23, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I liked the idea of a sexy choose-your-own-adventure novel, but I went into it expecting some of the content to be problematic; people's sexual preferences are simply too specific for such a book to cater to everyone who reads it.

*spoilers*
While I applaud the author for including a story line that allows the (female) readers to experiment with another woman, other options were less liberal.
At least one character in the book is kink-shamed for the sake of comedy; and one story line even goes as
Allie
Dec 03, 2013 rated it did not like it
Ugh this book was THE DUMBEST. I picked it up off the ARC shelf looking to have some giggles with Hillary Dog, and it is so disappointing. It's not that Pretty Little Mistakes: A Do-Over Novel is genius or anything, but that book is certainly more creative and had more interesting choices. For this dumb book all roads lead home to watch Bridget Jones in sweatpants. PUH-LEASE. ...more
Chryssa
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a clever idea! This book is sexy and hot, but unlike most erotica, it's well written and believable. The plot (plots!) are fun and entertaining, and the bonus is that it's like buying a whole bunch of books, as you can read a different thread each time. The perfect Christmas, birthday, or hen party gift. It's saucy, but not seedy, so don't be shy to gift it to your mum-in-law, she will love it too! I can't wait to read the next one.
Mel
Apr 10, 2016 rated it liked it
I read 1 full story to completion. I chose to follow 1 story instead of going back to read everything but I skimmed. My choice was the best one. But yeah this was not well written by any means but this concept is great. Hoping the wedding one is just as entertaining.

Around The Year in 52 Books Challenge #44 - A book you're embarrassed to read in public
Rikke
Apr 23, 2017 rated it liked it
This book is really not as bad as many of the reviews try to tell you it is.
It's not an easy job writing a book like this, where it all have to match up, in between story lines. I think the 3 Writers did great job at attempting that.

And yeah maybe it has tacky parts, but hey - don't tell me you read this book for the literature aspect of it.
I do think it's a shame that it's impossible to go anywhere over the edge with it.
Even if you try to pick the kinky option, the book very fast pull you bac
Natalie TBGWP
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was ok
Every time I see one of these choose your own way or destiny books I get really excited. The concept is so brilliant, and I love that you're getting more for your money, as you can start again over and over and get a different ending each time. In A girl Walks in to a Blind Date, you get three stories. I did read all three and to be fair two were okay and one was poor. I think the ideas and plots are all great, but it just needed more. I understand it has to constantly say you did this, and you ...more
Camilla Jorge
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mine
A book completely different from every other one I've read so far...
It's you who choose how this will end up, and you can choose one or all ends!!!
I've choose all of them... I needed to know how every option could bring an entire world of possibilities and how they would have or not a proper close...

And the mental images... interesting... hahaha
Alison
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
Steamy choose your own adventure. I love the idea, but the characters were wooden, dialog was weird and unreal, and the heroine is a prude. If a happy ending for you is home alone in sweat pants, it may resonate.
Tracy Kellies
Read this a few months ago. What a fun read!
Amber
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
Different kind of book. Wouldn’t have read it if I wasn’t doing the 2019 pop sugar challenge!
Cassy Witthar
Feb 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
ARC received for an honest review.

So when I saw the opportunity to read something a little different, I went for it. Did you ever read the "Choose your own Adventure" books as a kid? Well, this was something like that, only you get to choose your own fantasy. You read through a setting then choose the path you want to go. Like at the beginning, you're getting ready to go out on the town, which underwear do you choose. If you want the purple lacy g-string go to page...If you want to wear your fa
Kitten Blue
Nov 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, so this book was a freebie with the latest issue of Women's Health magazine, which I'll admit I only bought because I heart freebies, and I've followed one story line, if you can call it that, and it was better than I expected from the book's rating! :P I hooked up with the drummer and I was really into it and then (view spoiler) and I was like, HUH?! Do the authors not like guys in bands? Are they trying ...more
Tara West
Jan 31, 2014 rated it did not like it
I thought this book had so much potential and maybe went into it with high expectations, but I was completely let down. It was cool that you could choose to try things you normally wouldn't (like being with a girl) but there was a lack of sensuality that is need in a book like this. Wrong Words seemed to be used in the wrong place and I ended up laughing partway through the scenarios. Perhaps this is what the author wanted, but as the reader I was expecting more.
Crystal
Jan 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have never read a book like this before. I definitely enjoyed being able to choose where you went in the book. I only read some of the scenarios but it definitely kept my interest. And for it being sort of erotic was a nice little twist. Totally a book for every woman who needs a little fantasy in her life!
Natalie Joseph
This story line is simple, it starts with a girl walking into a bar and her friend stands her up. Her night, has many various options and only by the time I was in the third option, did I realise that the "girl" was me! I was making all the choices and then the rest of the stories took on a new light.

The book is simple but intelligent and more so fun!
Beenee Reads
Jul 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I gave this three stars because it's a choose your own adventure for adults, unfortunately, more often than not, the options led to really bizarre turns. I think if the author made the choices and end results more appealing the book would be five star worthy.
Mariana Gominho
Magnific! Splendid! Creative and very sensitive.
Jessica
Jan 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Interesting novel. I recommend to most readers I know
Little Bee
Jan 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: popsugar-2019
A Girl Walks Into a Bar is a choose your own adventure for adults. I found this book when searching for something for the prompt "choose your own adventure" in the 2019 PopSugar Reading Challenge.

My only real experience with choose your own adventure books was when I was younger with some of the Goosebumps books. I never was really into them, because what if I chose wrong? This book kind of felt like that. You can select what the character does. Sometimes when you select, the book basically tel
Tyleach Watkins
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
It’s been ages since I’ve read a choose your own adventure book. My how they have grown up! This was a fun romp and i loved the possible encounters with men, younger and older, the rock star and the guy next door. I found myself doing the same thing I used to do as a kid, trying all the options to see which one could be the best! I would definitely recommend it for people that want to chose their own ‘adult’ adventure!
Heather
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book was cute and interesting. I have never had a book where i can chose what happens. While it was interesting experience the writing itself was not that great. Now i know it takes a little talent to write one story and have to have it go in all directions but the writing made me feel like i was reading a bad fan fiction. Was quite and easy read, got through the whole book with in two hours.
★★Sara Lizzy★★
1 Star!

Great idea for a book, poor execution of an interesting idea for a book in my opinion.

Since the synopsis isn't on Goodreads for this book, I'll provide the synopsis that Amazon gives, then give my opinions about this book....

Synopsis taken from Amazon:

How will your night out end?

You make the rules.

In this novel, YOU make the decisions.

Will y
Lesley
Aug 23, 2018 rated it liked it
For a choose your own adventure it was a bit predictable and the choices didn't really feel like choices. I felt led throughout the whole thing because it was fairly obvious what you shouldn't choose if you wanted to keep reading. The characters "I" encountered were a bit cliche and even referred to as such in the text. Still, it was a cool concept and a light easy read.
Tina Chaffin
Dec 27, 2019 rated it liked it
This was my first choose your own adventure. I went through three scenarios and wasn't a fan of the rocker choice. The other two were good, and I liked the heated scenes. I just hope the guy next to me on the plane didn't peak at my reading material. I found the scenarios to be short, and would prefer to have had some follow-up to each scenario instead of just going to bed.
Amanda D.
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
This is more of a choose your own erotic scenario. Everything felt rather shallow and I did a lot of cringing. I can't tell if it's me wanting more depth in the "characters" or if the choose-your-own format just doesn't work for romance.
Krista
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
Novel concept, fluffy little read. But no real story, character, or anything of substance. But perhaps that's not the point?

It is interesting to me that this is by a thriller author that I really like, writing under a pseudonym.
Amanda
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've never read a Choose Your Own Adventure book and this was quite fun! I love the different choices and how the story plays out. I've read it a few different ways and it's fun all around. The storyline is pretty generic, but a fun way to experience something you wouldn't normally do.
Sieara DeLone
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun book to read. I enjoyed the twists and thrills. Wasn’t less than I expected. I didn’t dislike much about the book except for its lack of ethnic diversity. I’d recommend this to any woman looking for a fun read. I liked it for what it is and that’s why it gets a 4.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Ask For It (Georgian, #1)
  • Försvunna (handbok för superhjältar #5)
  • Reimagining Death: Stories and Practical Wisdom for Home Funerals and Green Burials
  • Lust
  • Säg inte det här till någon
  • Les Onze Mille Verges : The Amorous Adventures of Prince Mony Vibescu
  • Klumpigheten redux
  • Den tusende gången
  • Little Weirds
  • Vit som marmor : ett romerskt mysterium (Euthanasia Bondeson, #2)
  • Heading Out to Wonderful
  • Home for Christmas
  • Better Than Chocolate (Life in Icicle Falls, #1)
  • The Gift: Home for Christmas / All I Want for Christmas
  • Den dansande djävulen (Tyko Flores äventyr, #1)
  • Carags Verwandlung (Woodwalkers, #1)
  • Fyrtornet i Son-Li (Tyko Flores äventyr #2)

News & Interviews