Start by marking “Fury of the Seventh Son (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #13)” as Want to Read:
Fury of the Seventh Son (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #13)

Fury of the Seventh Son

(The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles #13)

The thirteenth—and final—book in the internationally best-selling fantasy adventure series that inspired the forthcoming major motion picture Seventh Son. Finally, Tom Ward, the spook's last apprentice, will confront the Fiend for the last time.

Tom Ward has battled boggarts, ghasts, witches, dark gods, and the most terrifying creatures to roam the earth. He's allied with
Published April 15th 2014 by Greenwillow Books (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Fury of the Seventh Son, please sign up.
Asmut Ryuran I was indeed very unhappy with the way it ended, but after giving the next series a try I ended up loving the new series, hopefully it won't take 13…moreI was indeed very unhappy with the way it ended, but after giving the next series a try I ended up loving the new series, hopefully it won't take 13 books to finally complete Tom's story.(less)
Owen L. The author has a follow up trilogy, it is called the starblade chronicles. The 1st is called A New Darkness. it reveals that Tom Ward is starting to…moreThe author has a follow up trilogy, it is called the starblade chronicles. The 1st is called A New Darkness. it reveals that Tom Ward is starting to learn about the Kobalos(less)

Evgeny
Feb 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
The final book of the series; expect major battles, plot twists, some surprising revelations, and deaths of major characters (and villains). At this point I cannot say anything else without spoilers. Let me just mention that this guy makes an appearance to keep things more exciting:
Fiend
Unfortunately there is no badass Witcher around to help kicking his butt.

I am happy to say the magic of the series is back - is was completely lost starting with around book 9. In other words, I was waiting for this
Lydia
Mar 13, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I cannot even begin to describe my disappointment. First, let me begin by explaining one little thing: I have read all of the Spook's Books since I was little, and they were well up there as one of my favourite series of all time. However, I picked up the final few books a few years later, having forgotten that they'd come out. For me, seemed.... different. Maybe it was just the fact that I'd grown up and couldn't quite get back into them; the writing came across as childish and silly, yet at ti ...more
Jonathan Terrington

This review serves to stand in as much for the entire Spook's Apprentice series as for this one particular novel. Although I do believe this final novel deserves around a 4 to 5 star rating, I do not believe it to be the strongest book in the series. The series as a whole however, deserves a full five stars for its character development, worldbuilding and use of wit and subtlety in telling a fine overall story and set of stories within.

In this thirteenth and concluding tale about Spook John Greg
Cat
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Daniel
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Kada sam originalno kreno ovaj serijal posle prve dve, tri knjige mi je postao jedna od omiljenih coming of age prica: mracan, tezak, na momente surov a opet pun nade. Likovi su bili fino opisani, malo jednostavni ali opet dovoljno da izgledaju stvarni. Prica se fino razvijala, drzala paznju i onda smo stigli do desete knjige.

I sve je otislo dodjavola. Sta se desilo nemam pojma, da li je autor ostao bez inspiracije ili se tolko koncentrisao na pripremu filma, ili nesto trece ali kvalitet price j
Paul
Jun 25, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Roshan Shah
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
It was crazily amazing! The whole story was written with such skill and imagination by Joseph Delaney! The plot's twists were so unpredictable, yet the hints which were subtly dropped were cleverly placed.
The ending - it was tragic, annoying, unresolved, angry, amazing and brilliant - all at once!
The deaths, betrayals and choices made towards the final ending of the book really gripped me, even though some of them I hated (yet also thought were truly masterpieces). By hated, I only mean it becau
Harjas Brar
Jul 18, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Most bullshit fucking ending ever. 12 books of a leading romance diminished in one chapter, how ridiculous. Such great writing all 12 books, even the 13 had a great finish except for Alice and tom. Dissapointment beyond measurement, never buying a Joseph Delaney book again. Can't even re read the others now. Thanks for ruining a series
Richard
Jul 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-fantasy
6/10

Here we are, the end of the series. All loose ends to be tied up and everything put to rest. Or not so much. I’m happy to finish this series and see how it concluded but I was less than happy to know it lead into another series which I’m not prepared to read.

I didn’t overly like how some of this played out; the change in personalities of some of the characters and certain events which are sort of blink and you miss it when they’re pretty monumental to the series. The lack of resolution and
Stephanie
The thirteenth and final entry in the Spook's Apprentice series, this one left a lot of threads unresolved. I suspect that many of them will become woven into the Starblade trilogy that will continue Tom Ward's journey as the new Spook for the county. All in all, a fitting end to a much loved series.
David
Jan 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So, I've been reading this series for a very long time (maybe 5-6 years now) and somehow I always stumble upon the next book. In the end, it became a little bit like a chore, since I find the writing simplistic and I feel like I've outgrown it. When I finally picked up this book, I was expecting a decent book with a decent ending that would give me a decent time- a fitting end to all those years I spent following the story.

Well, boy oh boy Mr. Delaney, you shocked me big time. I was on the edge
Paul Nelson
Oct 22, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

Joseph Delaney a great author who until this book ranked in my top three fantasy authors. The book feels rushed and not well thought out it maybe Mr Delaney has been distracted by the production of the film.

If you enjoyed like I have all the other Spook books. To avoid disappointment Never Read This Book.

I don't know where to begin with this book I was Hugely disappointed in the book did not feel like the normal high standard could of Mr Delaney this could have been written by someone less tale
Rose Riker
I love this entire series. It's very well written, very descriptive and exciting. It's hard to put the books down once you start reading! I am really sad to see it end however The Spook's Revenge was thrilling, but sad. It acts as not only an ending to the previous series, but an introduction to a new series Mr. Delaney is going to be writing so that made it a little easier to read. If you love fantasy, as in Harry Potter or the Inheritance series, you should check out this series starting with ...more
Jim Lay
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I listened to this 13 book series, back to back, on Audible over the past month or so; driving to and from work and at work when I was able to. I'm sad to have it end and I wish some things had resolved a little differently in the last book, but overall I really enjoyed it. The characters of Tom, Alice, Grimalkin, Old Gregory, Thorn, Mam, and the Boggart were so engaging it is like saying goodbye to old friends. Two thumb (bones) up!
G L
Apr 16, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Can I rate it less than one? Negative integers perhaps? I have not been so very disappointed in a book series in years. I'm still too worked up to write a proper review but suffice to say it ruined the entire series for me. I have to go throw out all my Last Apprentice hard cover books now. Do not buy or read. Not if you like the series or characters.
Jen Davis Lance
Apr 28, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
Disappointing ending to a pretty adventurous YA series.
ArranR
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic-The characters were at the height of their game and shocking plot twists!
Glamdring
Jul 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, fantasy

The book beautifully ended that great series.
Eden
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Thomas Ward has been the Spook's apprentice for a while. He's battled witches, boggarts, ghasts and many dangerous creatures of the dark. Including the Fiend, who Tom, John Gregory and others seek to destroy once and for all.

Now with the help of Grimalkin, a boggart and others, Tom sets forth to rid of the world of the Fiend.

I finished this about an hour ago, maybe a bit more. And I've just been thinking, how will I write my review for the final book in The Last Apprentice series? How shall I st
rachel
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"So, lets see how well you can fight. Lets see how well you can die."

Throughout the past four years of his apprenticeship, Thomas Ward faced hardships that no boy under John Gregory's hand had before him. From facing the Bane alone with only an untrustworthy witch to be by his side to baring witness to the sacrifice of his own mam; he has laid down his life time, and time again in the war against the dark.

The final instalment of the Wardstone Chronicles placed Tom in the most dangerous situation
Weronika ★
I can't believe that this is the end. I fell in love with "Wardstone Chronicles" when I was 12 and now, almost 10 years later, I still feel great sentiment towards this series and definitely this is one of my favorite book series.

The whole plot was interesting and I really enjoyed reading it. Tom finally grown up. He proved that he was ready to be Spook and that he would handle the dangers of darkness in the future. But still I am very disappointed and angry at Joseph at the same time. That's w
Eureca Laurice

This is the 13th book. Gah. My feelings, it is overflowing. Finally! The 13th book~ lets dance. *seen published date* Oh drat, I'm late to the news.

Seeing Spook and his Apprentice adventure coming to an end made me sad. From this point, all the readers who know this story will eventually know that the Spook adventure will end no matter how and why it will; and you always wish and hope that's its not.

I don't know how to think about this book. My thoughts are clattered in all places, its like fin
Michaela
Jun 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been reading this series ever since it was published nine years, and have loved it. While waiting for this book, I was excited, yet at the same time, apprehensive because I have read some series in which the final book falls flat, especially when previous books have been really good.

This was not the case for The Spook's Revenge.

To put it simply, I loved this book. Like previous books, there is a lot of action, so much that you won't want to put the book down. It was unpredictable and emotio
Miranda Reads
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
Very satisfied with this ending...but equally sorry that it is over.

Review to come.

Audiobook Comments
Still heartbroken over the loss of Christopher Evan Welch (who narrated books 1-11). Welch passed away from lung cancer in 2013 and the last couple of books had different narrators.

This one was read by Alexander Cendese and while he was alright, he was no Christopher Evan Welch. Also, I was SUPER annoyed that Cendese didn't use all of the same pronunciations as Welch. I wanted more consistency.

Bl
Lisa Burgess
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*weint leise*
Oh, hallo. Es ist soweit. Seit März habe ich durchweg alle Bände der Wardstone Chronicles gelesen und eben den letzten, sehr tollen Band beendet.
Gerade der Band war nochmal ziemlich super, weil all meine liebsten Charaktere aufgetaucht sind und viele Szenen an die Anfangszeit von Tom Ward erinnert haben.
Die Reihe war für mich a light in a dark place und hat mich durch das Jahr getragen.
Mir fehlen sie alle jetzt schon, am meisten Grimalkin <3
Erick
Dec 04, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was quite disappointed with this one. In fact, I found it to be the worst in the series. Delaney does a gross amount of reiteration in this one and doesn't do it in any way that makes it interesting for someone who has been following the series. The whole problem with Alice feels like it is glossed over and not given enough time. It's the first time that I felt I was reading a children's book in this series. It really was a poorly constructed novel.
Skip
Jan 05, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy, horror
What a shame for Joseph Delaney to end his epic 13-book series with a flop. There are so many ways this books fails: Tom's relationship with Alice, the Spook's denouement, the long build-up to the showdown with the Fiend and his followers, only to find out there is something worse out there. The writing was suspenseful, but many plotlines were a grave disappointment to loyal readers.
Julianne
Nov 23, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I invested in thirteen books and THAT'S how it ends??? What a bunch of shit! The only thing more disappointing is investing 6 years of my life on Lost and the cop-out BS ending they had for that series.
Kassi
Dec 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent final book.....glad to see Joseph is working on a new series based around this world!
Abby
Aug 08, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I can't even begin to explain how excited I am for his book. Come to meeeeeeeeeeeeeee...
The ending and the new trilogy sequence named "The Starblade Chronicles". 25 429 Dec 07, 2015 06:55PM
Just a question 4 35 May 17, 2015 04:57PM

• The Dead of Winter
  • The Final Curtain (GloomCookie, #5)
  • The Bone Trail (Wyrmeweald, #3)
  • Dragon Knights, Volume 3
  • The Sorcerer's Secret (Gods of Manhattan, #3)
  • 山田くんと7人の魔女 9 [Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo 9] (Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches, #9)
  • The Crowfield Curse (Crowfield Abbey, #1)
  • Adam et Thomas
  • Minecraft: Blockopedia
  • There's a Dead Person Following My Sister Around
  • Rosario+Vampire: Season II, Vol. 12 (Rosario+Vampire: Season II, #12)
  • 手裏剣とプリーツ 2 [Shuriken to Pleats 2]
  • Never That Far
  • Lady of Misrule (Marla Mason, #8)
  • Princess Ai: The Prism of Midnight Dawn, Volume 1 (Princess Ai, #4)
  • Princess Ai: Ultimate Edition
  • The Sons of Liberty #1
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
Joseph Delaney is a full time writer living in Lancashire, in the heart of Boggart territory. He first got the idea for the Wardstone Chronicles series when he moved to the village where he lives now and discovered there was a local boggart - ‘a man like me needs boggarts around’. He made a note in his notebook ‘a story about a man who hunts boggarts’ and years later when he had to come up with an ...more

The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Revenge of the Witch (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #1)
  • Curse of the Bane (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #2)
  • Night of the Soul Stealer (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #3)
  • Attack of the Fiend (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #4)
  • The Spook's Mistake (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #5)
  • The Spook's Sacrifice (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #6)
  • Rise of the Huntress (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #7)
  • Rage of the Fallen (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #8)
  • I Am Grimalkin (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #9)
  • The Spook's Blood (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #10)
“The truth was that we all faced death here. For my part I was somewhat fatalistic - if it happened, then so be it. But I wanted to survive. The future - even without Alice - called to me, and I didn't want that taken away.” 2 likes
“I had no doubt in my mind that I loved Alice (Tom Ward).” 1 likes