Jump to ratings and reviews

Taken #2

Frozen

The Heists were only the beginning.

Gray Weathersby escaped from the primitive town of Claysoot expecting to find answers, but what he discovered shook him to the core: A ruthless dictator with absolute power. An army of young soldiers blinded by lies. And a growing rebellion determined to fight back.

Now Gray has joined a team of rebels on a harsh, icy journey in search of allies who can help them set things right. But in a world built on lies, Gray must constantly question whether any ally—or enemy—is truly what they seem…

359 pages, Hardcover

First published April 15, 2014

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Erin Bowman

15 books1,900 followers
Erin Bowman is the critically acclaimed author of numerous books for children and teens, including the Taken Trilogy, Vengeance Road, Retribution Rails, the Edgar Award-nominated Contagion duology, The Girl and the Witch’s Garden, and the forthcoming Dustborn. A web designer turned author, Erin has always been invested in telling stories—both visually and with words. Erin lives in New Hampshire with her husband and children. You can visit her online at embowman.com, on twitter @erin_bowman, or on instagram @heyerin.

Erin is represented by Sara Crowe of Pippin Properties.

------------

PLEASE NOTE: Erin does not check goodreads mail. If you message her this way she will not see it. For contact methods, visit Erin's website.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
174 (4%)
1 star
50 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 344 reviews
Profile Image for Neil (or bleed).
951 reviews730 followers
August 9, 2015
Sometimes, I thought I'm tired of reading dystopian novels lately (even they are my favorite genre) since I find myself struggling to read them and dissatisfied after reading them. Or maybe, they just didn't intrigue or interest me big time since I've read a bunch of dystopians and I'm looking for a unique or a new plot or something. Or just maybe, I'm reading it in the wrong time. Who knows?

This is what I experienced reading Frozen. I mean, I am not amused. I'm expecting a great sequel but I'm kind of not felt it. The satisfaction wasn't there. It's more like of an okay feeling with a sigh of relief. It is still a good sequel though with those unexpected twists that surfaced almost in the end. But, I can't deny the fact that the first to middle chapters are kind of a drag at least for my taste. Something is happening, of course. Something important but it didn't excite me. But the good thing is, it didn't bore me.

The characters were bland and tedious to read, even the main character, Gray, (who sometimes I thought his stream of consciousness read like a girl) except Bree. That girl is what I am rooting for. She's actually one of the main reason why I still liked this book. Enough said. I don't know what will I do with my life if something happens to her in the last book of this trilogy.

As I've mentioned above, the major twist is the best part of this book. I've been tricked just like the characters in this book. Didn't see that coming.

319 reviews1,896 followers
January 22, 2014
4.5/5 stars

So, so amazing. Even stronger of an installment than Taken was. Love the relationship dynamics, love the plot and its twists (especially the final one, which was BRILLIANT), love the action, love Bree. It's all just so awesome. I have a tiny, tiny issue, but even that's a stretch.

Review to come.
Profile Image for Susan.
Author 20 books8,507 followers
April 15, 2014
I loved this book. Gray and the gang are as kick-butt as ever, and WHOA. Talk about a twisty plot (in the best possible way). There was one shocker at the end that left me gaping (again, in the best possible way). If you're a fan of high action, dystopian/sci-fi, or survival stories, I definitely recommend FROZEN.
Profile Image for ★MC's Corner★.
965 reviews50 followers
Want to read
June 28, 2013
You are kidding me RIGHT??? 2014???? I'm so DEAD!!!

QUESTION? WHO'S THAT GIRL IN TH COVER WITH GRAY? HMMMMMMMMMMM...
Profile Image for Jodi Meadows.
Author 23 books4,611 followers
May 25, 2015
Loved it! Diving into the next one immediately.
Profile Image for Marcia.
1,035 reviews101 followers
October 21, 2018
Ook het tweede deel in de Taken-trilogie las heel vlot. De personages worden verder op de proef gesteld tijdens een moeilijke tocht. De liefdesdriehoek stoort me eerlijk gezegd niet echt - misschien omdat het deze keer vanuit een man geschreven is? Het verhaal is spannend en neemt onverwachte wendingen. Ik ben benieuwd naar meer.
Mijn complete recensie lees je op Oog op de Toekomst.
Profile Image for Cynthia (Bingeing On Books).
1,610 reviews119 followers
February 9, 2020
I really liked the pacing of this second book. I actually thought the author did a great job with a few twists and turns. There was a lot of action and some shocking stuff happened. It was an interesting road for the team in search of the allies. The ending was quite surprising as well. But again, the romance dragged my rating for this book down. On the surface, Gray seems like a great guy. He is very loyal and also very stubborn. But he is also impulsive and a bit spineless, especially when it comes to Bree and Emma. One minute he is acting like he with Bree, but then when a guy so much as approached Emma and possibly had interest with her, then he became jealous and irrational. He led both women on, but acted stupid when Bree called him out on it. Whenever he was with Bree, he just kept comparing her to Emma and vice versa. If this book had been just about the search for allies, this book would have been a lot better.

Even though I had so many issues with parts of this story, I still want to read Forged. I don't care at all which girl Gray chooses (if he has a backbone to choose at all), but I am interested to see how the story plays out.
Profile Image for Empress Reece (Hooked on Books).
915 reviews78 followers
March 30, 2016
Frozen is the second book in the Taken trilogy. The rebels have left the security of their mountain hideout and are headed into cold weather territory in search of another settlement that they hope will join forces with them to fight the Franconian order. I love the non-stop action and the setting changes which mix up the story lines a bit. This is another really cool alternate world that I instantly was taken in by. There is however, a love triangle thing going on in this series between three of the main characters, Gray, Emma & Bree that kind of spiced up the plot at first but now it's to the point where I really could just do without it. Gray is just too wishy-washy about the whole thing. I wish he would just pick one and be done with it or they would both just drop him and move on so we can get this whole romance side plot out of the way. LoL It's not irritating enough to keep me from finishing this series though-just a minor annoyance. I can't wait to see how the rebels, ever-growing forces stack up against the Franconians in the last book, Forged! : )
Profile Image for Shannon Quinn.
355 reviews15 followers
March 28, 2020
**2.5 stars**

Not a "bad" book, I was just bored. I also could not take any more of the supposed love triangle. I didn't like our main character and his complete lack of maturity. He didn't think of how he was treating both of them, not even for a second. Everything was about him, how he felt, what he wanted, etc. I'm done, not finishing the trilogy. I'm sure the story goes somewhere good, I just don't care at this point.
Profile Image for Rabiah.
488 reviews216 followers
April 11, 2014
**4.5 stars**

Originally posted at: http://iliveforreading.blogspot.com/2...

I had a couple of fears going into this book. One of them was that I wouldn’t remember what happened in Taken and this book would be a big pot of confusion. Fear number two was that it would fall into the category of not-as-great-sequels as can be found with several YA books. Turns out, I really didn’t have to worry– Frozen was an amazing ride, and even though I'd read Taken a while back, many of the details and names of characters and places came back to me eventually. It was a great follow-up to an amazing start, and didn’t let me down.
I was pretty bummed when I didn’t manage to get a copy of Frozen, but luckily for me, one of my best friends Richa had an ARC so I was able to read this well in advance before publication date. However, it does mean that now I have to wait a SUPER long time for the next book... which doesn’t even have a name yet! The ending of this one just blew me away and made me ravenous for more.

Gray has developed a lot as a character, because in Taken, he made a lot of stupid, rash decisions that had me slapping my forehead in frustration. You can really see that he’s more mature in this book, although he still feels so much confusion as to which girl he should be with. I like that this book is from a guy’s point of view– it’s nice to shake things up once in a while! There is a definite outcome of who Gray is with at the end of the novel (well... pretty much). Since I was already okay with either Bree or Emma from book one, and I didn’t have a preference since both had their strengths and flaws. I kinda wish that the romance was stronger, but on the other hand I’m still glad that the main focus was placed on the action.
As I’d mentioned before, eventually all characters came back to me when I read through, and there are a couple of new characters as well. I really found Jackson’s character interesting, as the book introduced a new group of “people” known as Forgeries and this definitely seems like something that will be further explored in the next book.

I definitely did NOT see that ending coming. My sister read the book before I did and taunted me endlessly with the shocking twist. Even though my mind thought endlessly about the possibilities, I never ended up imagining the ending that this book has. Needless to say, I’m blown away and dying to find out what happens next!
I also liked the contrast in settings that this series presents, as along with an original concept, different landscapes arise and it was very easy to imagine the journey that these characters take as well as the areas that they land up in. The world building is absolutely gorgeous and Bowman’s writing really allows the reader to understand and build up this dystopian setting whilst reading.

Frozen was an enthralling follow-up to Taken. While I’m sad that there is only one more book to go, I’m anticipating the finale and answers to all the questions I’ve had since I started this series. Captivating and beguiling, Erin Bowman’s sequel is bursting with action, suspense and deception, topped off with a likeable protagonist and wonderful descriptions. Can’t wait for book 3!
Profile Image for Sarah Elizabeth.
4,670 reviews1,268 followers
May 9, 2014
(Source: I own a copy of this book.)

Where to start with this book? Hmm, did I like the storyline? Not really, I hadn’t the faintest idea what was going on most of the time. Did I like the characters? Not really. Did I like the action? That was probably the best part of the book, but, when you’re not sure what’s going on, the action being good isn’t necessarily enough to save the book.

I can’t say I really liked any of the characters in this. I did appreciate it when Emma popped up again, but that was about it. I just didn’t feel like there was a lot to love about these people, and the amount of ‘forgeries’ that turned up made this feel like invasion of the body snatchers or something.

The storyline in this just lost me. I had massive problems working out what was going on, to the point where most of the time I had no clue what was happening. There were a couple of points where the action picked up and parts of the storyline made sense, but unfortunately these were short lived, and I quickly lost track and got bored again.
I’m hoping that this is a bad case of middle-book syndrome, because I really liked the first book in this series, but after reading this and the novella, I’m questioning whether I even want to spend money on the third book in the series.
Overall; confusing and disappointing,
5 out of 10.
Profile Image for Jaime Arkin.
1,417 reviews1,333 followers
September 29, 2014
Frozen was a wonderful follow up to Taken and I don't care, I still heart Gray Weathersby! From the first pages of this second book, you're swallowed up in the action and it doesn't stop until the last page of the book!

In this installment we get a lot more character development... not only from Gray, but many of the other secondary characters. And Bowman will completely catch you off guard with some of the plot twists here. With the addition of the idea of 'forgeries' the whole plot is turned upside down because not only are Gray and his team trying to find allies, but they don't know who they can trust!

As for the romance...I know that the love triangle that was presented in book one left some people...*cough Kass cough* angry especially with the way that Gray handled things. For me, the romance really wasn't ever an issue simply because I never really connected with either girl but also because of that one thing that happens in the first book with Emma. The thing that irritated me in this installment though was Gray's wishy washy feelings about both of the girls.

Overall a well written and engaging second book in this series and I'm definitely looking forward to what Bowman gives us in book 3!
Profile Image for Christina.
423 reviews29 followers
May 16, 2015
After Gray spotted signs of life in Group A at the Order's control room, the Rebels are headed west to find people to join their cause. However Frank is not letting them out of his sight that easily as he sends his soldiers after them. But why is he trying to stop them, when Group A is practically a barren wasteland to him?

Frozen delivered what I hoped for and more! This book explores in more detail the Forgeries and Frank's plans, that were quite lacking in Book 1. The plot was gripping and action packed! It had it's dull moments, but quickly made up for it with jaw dropping twists and turns including I like where the story is headed and I'm looking forward to Highly recommended series!
Profile Image for Trisha.
4,535 reviews157 followers
March 30, 2015
"Humans are complex creatures," Adam adds. "We are not all good or all bad. We are shades. Many, many shades. Surely you understand this, Gray, with a name like yours."

Wow, this one completely blew me away. I only remember half the characters and with little hand-holding or reminding, I was left scrambling the whole book. I don't remember Sammy or Xavier....Chipper or...well, anyone but Gray, Blaine, Bree and Emma. oh well. I still enjoyed it.

The story is fast, the plot gets deeper and much more complex - but it all makes more sense now. And the why's and who's aren't as important as to what we do now.

I'm so glad to see there's a third book. I definitely plan to read it, too!
Profile Image for Shelley.
5,103 reviews458 followers
July 30, 2015
*Genre* Young Adult, Dystopian
*Rating* 3.0

*My Thoughts*

Frozen is the second installment in the Taken trilogy by author Erin Bowman.
Gray Weathersby's journey has only begun. He's escaped along with a band of rebels Bree, Emma, Sammy, Owen, Xavier, Bo, September and Clipper. They decide that their best course of action against the Franconian Order is to join up with Frank's opposition, AmWest, and the Ex-Pats, and find the survivors of Test Group A. This isn't an easy book for me to review.

*Full Review Posted @ Gizmos Reviews

Published: April 15th 2014 by Harper Teen
Profile Image for Tangled N Books.
698 reviews9 followers
July 6, 2017
Didn't like the direction it took even when it was inevitable. The explosions were a plus and the switcheroos were interesting. Not planning to finish the series.
Profile Image for Jennifer Holik.
133 reviews8 followers
March 21, 2020
I really loved this book. Really it is 4.5 stars but I rounded down only because of a few flaws. The first 1/4 was a bit slow and predictable. Some of the characters and their interactions felt off and sort of forced. Also, I'm sorry but this book is just a little bit of a letdown after the first. I mean seriously that book was so great and I loved the premise so much that it was bound to happen. This book is still great, it's just Taken was a hard act to follow!

After the initial slowness (which isn't even that slow but comparatively), the book picks up and the last half is just spectacular! I really can't wait for the final installment, though I know ending this series will be bittersweet.
Profile Image for Dark Faerie Tales.
2,274 reviews544 followers
April 13, 2014
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: Frozen was a good read full of action and suspense. Unfortunately, I had a really hard time with the love triangle, so that really hindered how much I enjoyed the story.

Opening Sentence: We have been walking for two weeks.

The Review:

Gray escaped the Heist, but that was just the beginning. Leaving Claysoot was suppose to provide him with answers, but instead he found himself in the middle of a war. The United States tore itself apart and now clean water is a scarce commodity. The US split into two different territories the AmEast and the AmWest. They fight to control the water supplies and it has turned deadly. There is a ruthless man that rules the AmEast and he will do anything to bring his enemies down. He has come up with an idea to build the perfect army, but because he is a cruel man, a rebellion has risen up to overthrow him.

Gray and his band of rebels are on their way to try and find allies. Group A was supposedly abandoned years ago with no saviors, but Gray believes differently. Out of all the test groups they were the most well stocked and provided with the highest living experience. If the rebels can convince Group A to join they may be able to use their city as a second base and finally be able to beat AmEast. But Gray has to constantly question who he can trust with the technology that the enemy possesses — anyone could be a traitor, even his closest friends.

Gray is an interesting character that was hard for me to relate to at times. He is very loyal and when he believes in something he is willing to fight for it. But he is really indecisive about a lot of things and it really drove me nuts. When it came to the girls he was completely spineless. It was like he could never say no to a pretty face and he was naïve enough to not think he was leading both girls on. Even when they would plainly spell it out to him. Sadly, this made me lose a lot of respect for Gray because it made him come across as a jerk. Because of this, I had a really hard time connecting with him and his story.

Bree is a very independent girl that has had a very hard life. Being heisted at 16, she has been traveling with the rebellion for almost a year now. She has a hard time letting people in and she doesn’t like to feel like she owes anyone anything. I get that she has been hurt, but I felt that the whole tough act is way overdone. She is so moody all the time that it started to really get on my nerves. With Gray she was very hot and cold and honestly, I thought she was being ridiculous. Alas, because of her moodiness and dramatic attitude, I ended up really not liking her character at all. It was hard for me to root for her and Gray because all they seemed to do was fight. I thought they brought out the worst in each other, and personally I think they are way better off just being friends.

Then there is sweet Emma. I absolutely fell in love with Emma in the first book of the series. She is so caring and stayed true to herself. Yes, she obviously made some big mistakes, but I thought that she tries really hard to redeem herself. Also, she really wants to make things work with Gray even though he has been a total jerk to her. I honestly think that Emma deserves someone better then Gray, but I do think that they complement each other well. I just loved their romance from the very beginning and I hope that they end up together.

I know that I have said quite a few negative things about this book, but in all honesty besides the romance this was actually a really great book. I usually don’t have a problem with love triangles, but this one really didn’t work for me at all. Maybe it was because it was a guy and two girls instead of vice versa. It made Gray come off as a jerk and both the girls seemed so fragile that they would totally break if he didn’t pick them. But with all that being said, the rest of the book was very well done. It was very fast paced and full of action. Bowman did a wonderful job weaving a story full of intrigue and suspense. There were some pretty big plot surprises that really kept the book interesting. While I didn’t quite like this book as much as Taken, I still did enjoy it, and I am looking forward to seeing what happens in the final book. I would recommend that young adult dystopian fans give this series a try, I think that they will find it interesting and unique.

Notable Scene:

I take a small step forward, and he pinches the blade into Emma’s neck. Blood blooms against the weapon, against her pale skin, and when she cries out in pain, I know this is not my brother. Not really. Blaine would never force me into this position. He would never hold a knife to Emma or spill even a drop of her blood/

We’ve been deceived. We are not dealing with one spy; we are dealing with two.

And they are Forgeries.

I do the only thing I can think of: I let my arrow fly.

FTC Advisory: HarperTeen provided me with a copy of Frozen. No goody bags, sponsorships, “material connections,” or bribes were exchanged for my review.
Profile Image for Once.
2,344 reviews69 followers
March 30, 2014
OUT's Review

Frozen is a remarkable sequel of Taken. This book has it all – adventures, betrayal, and fights!

At a Glance:
Taken ends when the gang will soon be departing for a trip to visit the unknown and I couldn't wait what Frozen had to offer. With Frozen, this book picks up right where the group takes off to head west to find alias to help them fight against Frank’s evil plan and his Forgeries.

Cover:
The cover is as stunning as the first. Look at the trees and the frozen water and reflection. I am not sure if this is accurate but before starting, I kept staring at cover. I don’t know it felt weird. I don’t know what it was but there was something that kept catching my attention. I just couldn't figure it out.

Not long of starting the book, there is one part that made me stop and go back to cover – which really isn't giving any clues or anything pertaining to cover but... Maybe, I don't know, if you put the book upside down that may not be a reflection. The girl's "reflection" is kind of different along with the guy's. Part of this book is that not everyone around is who you think they are. So yeah, it makes you wonder, well it makes me wonder.

Action:
When it involves adventures, action is always involved. Discovering a new section of the unknown world can bring certain battles to survive. And this book has it all. From sea to land battles.

Heroine/Hero:
Gray has joined forces with the rebels and takes an icy journey in search for alias. In this journey, he learns to take leadership, question everything, and uncovers the truth about some of his teammates.

Romance:
As mentioned on my first review – Taken, I am not a fan of triangle love. This is my only issue with this book. You see Gray struggle between his first love, Emma, and his new and crazy love with Bree. I love Bree but that chick is crazy! Unfortunately, we come to learn about something, I promise no spoilers, but I didn't see it coming. Then again, I did wonder after over thinking over the cover.

Something I loved:
Sue me, but I loved my reaction while I figured out the cover. I started to come up with some theories and for some parts I was right. After what we learned on the first book, I wonder if we were going to get to see some of these Laicos Project – which is the main goal of the team to stop these replicas. And we do get to see them... But what I loved most about this book is how Bree takes control of herself. She gets sick and tired of not moving on and I don’t blame her, Gray was sometimes giving her hope. But I loved how she stands up for herself!

Something I didn’t like:
If you think you love someone but then you think you love someone else, then I don't think you are in love. I think you are just confused. I didn't like how Gray kept these girls from moving on. He was giving both hope. He couldn't figure out what he wanted and it backfires.

Cliffhanger:
We come to learn something important at the end of this book and this will make it impossible for the group to conquer the war. I am looking forward for the last book and see how it plays out. I want to know who will betray who in the next installment…

Would I recommend it?
Yes! There is lots of action, mystery and betrayals! I love how the characters grew while they learned about their new world. What else is there to ask?
Profile Image for Aliyah (Jennifer).
170 reviews11 followers
May 3, 2014
*Rating may change after the third book*

I had really looked forward to the second installment of the Taken trilogy, since TAKEN was one of the first dystopian-setting book I'd read.

The author definitely has talent in putting together an action-packed adventure that is well paced, but there are several short-comings that just really stood out in her second book.

I really hated the first half of FROZEN. If Bree was a real person, I would have probably challenged her for a fight and then beat the crap out of her. What I mean to say is, is that she is the most annoying character in this trilogy. Not only is she an archetype ("strong", independent woman), but she almost appears as a Buffy rip-off. Blonde, kick-ass and not good with feelings. Or maybe she's a Katniss rip-off. I don't know. I just hate this character. Her characteristics are constantly pointed out and define her entirely. Human beings aren't like that. I'm a very sneaky person and people have noticed, but it isn't so obvious. Same with other people I know - characteristics should not be spelled out like that in a book. It's obvious, annoying and stands out too much. It turns the characters into archetypes, not people.

FROZEN reminded me entirely of the UNDER THE NEVER SKY trilogy, mainly because we also have the blonde, strong Buffy-like character (I think her name was Brooke - why do their names all start with "B"??). The story mostly consisted of travelling to locate a place that will solve the major conflicts of the entire plot.

The worst part about this book, however, was that most of the plot, story and backstory is being told via dialogue. It was driving me nuts because most of the details I barely gave a crap about, where the subject of 90% of the dialogue in the entire book. About 65% of the book consisted of dialogue and Gray's self-analysis/monologues.

After reading TAKEN, which I found to be almost flawless for a YA dystopian debut, FROZEN was quite a let-down, but earned two stars for the awesome twists.

The other thing that was really grinding my gears though was the love-triangle. Bree and Gray have no. chemistry. what. so. ever. At all. They are like brother and sister, and Gray's definitely the older brother, whilst Bree is the bratty younger sister. Their romance feels absolutely forced and made me cringe way too many times. I can't stand the two together.

Emma, on the other hand, is for some strange reason much easier to tolerate. She's definitely imperfect for sure, but Gray and her fit together somehow. They balance each other out.

If Bree ends with Gray in the last book, I'm so done and will avoid any book that has a love triangle in it for the rest of my life.

Profile Image for Caroline.
218 reviews
April 21, 2014
Erin Bowman's Frozen, the second in her Taken series, is engaging and high action packed with a fast paced plot. Overall I think Bowman's second is between 3.5 and 4 stars. The world Bowman created is well done including its history of Second Civil Wards, flooding, and society building.

Frozen follows Gray and the team including Bree, Emma, Sammy, Owen, Xavier, Bo, September and Clipper on their journey to find survivors from experiment A also known as Burg as they later find out.

The idea of Forgeries still scare me. The idea of making life like mutations and models is creepy and unsettling for how realistic Frank and his minions have succeeded in creating. The concept of Forgeries and emotions was truly interesting. How connected can the Forgery feel to the actual person's past and childhood? At what point can a Forgery go against his/her programming?

The second half of the story, Part Three of Survivors and Part Four of Allies, was much more action-paced, violent, and twisted than the first half. I liked how Bowman built the conflicting emotions and surprises.
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Shea.
28 reviews1 follower
September 10, 2015
Although the idea behind this series has been done many times, this series seems to still stand out as unique. The plot is quick and interesting and the action never fails to be captivating. This was a really good squeal that really helped develop the plot and sets up perfectly for the next book. I'd definitely recommend reading this series if dystopian type books are your thing.
My only complaint is I'd wish we could forget the love triangle and just get on with the story. Anytime it's mention it just feels like the author was short on her required number of words and it really does nothing for the story except make me dislike the main character (anybody who treats somebody they have feelings for like that is a major jerk). Normally I'm a sucker for book relationships but this one just drives me insane.
So yeah, over all this was a pretty good read. I don't love this series but I really enjoy it and I can't wait to read the last book.
12 reviews
February 25, 2016
I decided to read this book because i am into adventure books and i saw it at the library.
I liked this book as it had some twists in it and had a big storyline. It could have been more exciting with more action and cliff-hangers but overall i would recommend to read it.
Something new i learned from this book is that you can't trust anyone even if its someone you know as they might not be the person that you once knew.
The person i have decided to describe is Gray Weathersby. Gray is the main character of this book and is a very good shot with a bow and arrow.
He has trouble forgiving people easily. Gray is teenager and is tall and has brown hair
May 25, 2019
This book is a lot better than the last, because Gray somewhat made his mind up about who he wants, and although I dont like it, I cant really blame him- even if, as he said, they'd self destruct.
He's a good character, although he's very hard to comprehend most of the time. Especially when it comes to the girls.

I liked Jackson a lot- and Clipper, Aiden, Sammy and practically all of the group, really. Even Emma.

The ending... still gave me chills, even if it is my second time reading it. It had a very good plot twist, although it was somewhat obvious.
Profile Image for Abbie.
1,976 reviews584 followers
May 9, 2014
Actual rating - 2.5

I really enjoyed the first book in this series, but unfortunately, the same can't be said for this installment.

Some parts were quite hard to follow, and i ended up feeling a bit lost. I was bored through the majority of it as well. There were parts where i enjoyed it a bit more, but they didn't last very long.

The characters were alright, but i didn't like them as much as i did in book one.

Overall, Disappointing.
Profile Image for Adeeb.
670 reviews32 followers
August 7, 2014
Great sequel. Loved the plot, character development, and pretty much everything else. Looking forward to Forged!
Profile Image for Tangi.
305 reviews
May 3, 2015
Still not my favorite. But I think there's only one more book so might as well see how it ends...
Profile Image for Syki.
960 reviews217 followers
August 9, 2018
Přelézt Zeď byl teprve začátek…

Gray Weathersby utekl z Claysootu, aby našel odpovědi na své otázky. To, co ale objevil, jím neskutečně otřáslo.

Nemilosrdný diktátor s absolutní mocí. Armáda mladých vojáků zaslepená lží. A vzrůstající rebelie, která je odhodlaná bojovat.

Teď je i z Graye rebel na cestě za možností záchrany daleko v zimní části země. Jenže ve světě, kde nemůžete nikomu věřit, se musí Gray naučit rozpoznat, kdo je opravdu nepřítel a kdo ne.

Musím říct, že tohle je opravdu velice zvláštní dystopická série. A to proto, že mi hlavní hrdina až neskutečně pije krev, protože většího kreténa jsem snad ještě „neviděla“. Anebo ne alespoň v poslední době.

Jak jinak si vysvětlit to, že pokaždé vpadne do pitomých situací naprosto po hlavě, aniž by vůbec uvažoval. Čímž samozřejmě způsobí malér za malérem, kdy umírají snad všichni okolo něj a jemu se jen sem tam zkřiví nějaký ten vlásek, nebo pochroumá obličej. Ale všichni ostatní vedle něj pomalu padají jako hrušky. A on má ještě tu troufalost tvářit se, že má právo na všechny své chyby. Nikdy se nepoučí a dělá je neustále dokola.

I milostný trojúhelník je naprosto na palici, protože Gray si prostě nedokáže vybrat. Jeho důvody jsou docela hloupé, takže jsem většinu času byla nakrknutá, protože chudák Bree dělala první poslední a stejně to bylo málo. A Grayovo konečné rozhodnutí bylo jaksi ve stylu „prostě nebylo zbytí“.

Druhý díl nebyl špatný, ale dělo se toho tak moc a v takovém rychlém sledu, až to bylo k neuvěření. Žádný záporák přece není tak hloupý a naivní jako Frank. Celý zvrat se dal docela i očekávat, jen mě některé kroky postav dost překvapily. Na druhou stranu je kniha opravdu čtivá a nutí vás otáčet stránku za stránkou, abyste věděli, co se vlastně bude dít dál a kdo další umře. Jsem zvědavá na konec. Jestli mi totiž zabijí jedinou skvělou postavu, naštvu se.

---------Reakce po dočtení knihy---------
Ten Gray je vážně idiot.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 344 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.