Start by marking “The Execution (Jeremy Fisk, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Execution (Jeremy Fisk, #2)

The Execution

(Jeremy Fisk #2)

NYPD Detective Jeremy Fisk—introduced in Law & Order creator Dick Wolf’s New York Times bestselling debut The Intercept—must stop an assassin in the pay of a shadowy cartel in The Execution, a tense thriller that superbly blends suspense, politics, intrigue and high-flying action in the tradition of Vince Flynn, David Baldacci, and Robert Crais.
Soon after the Mexican
Published January 7th 2014 by William Morrow HarperCollins

Susan May
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
Who hasn’t seen at least one episode of Law and Order, the longest running scripted show on television? It’s been around, would you believe, since 1990. Dick Wolf, the creator of the show, is an award winning director, and producer. Now he's turned his hand to writing books, and he's proved that he can tell gripping stories no matter the medium.
In 2013, he released his first book THE INTERCEPT, and it took me a while to get around to reading it. (If you saw my to-be-read review pile, you would b
Mike French
Dec 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Tremendous second novel in the Jeremy Fisk series! I would highly recommend you read "The Intercept" first as this is a continueing series. If you haven't read the "The Intercept", start ASAP!
Cheryl
Jan 12, 2014 rated it liked it
I like what Mr. Wolf does to television. He is a master and he knows how to create good television shows that last a long time due to really nice writing. That is why I was excited to see what he could do in the book world. While there is not a lack of action, I struggled with this book. In fact, I finished this book a long time ago and have not found the right words to put down for my thoughts on this book. In fact, I don't know if I still really have found them but I am going to try.

The begin
Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
This was my first introduction to any writing by Dick Wolf, create of TV's successful Law & Order series. I had high hopes therefore going in. But for me this was a mediocre crime thriller. I read crime and thrillers more than any other genre so I know what I love and what I don't, this was a middle of the road novel in my opinion.

What's the book about?

The second page-turning thriller from the creator of Law & Order starring NYPD Special Agent Jeremy Fisk.

Soon after the Mexican president
Bella Swann
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller
I loved this book. There were a lot of different stories that interconnected. I loved the character of Garza as she was such a strong, incorruptible police officer. Her story was fascinating and her interactions with Jeremy were compelling. A very interesting and well-written story. Can't wait to read more stories by this author.
Chris
Aug 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book by Dick Wolf and you may recognize his name since he co-created/wrote the Law and Order series on TV. Main character in this book is Jeremy Fisk and he works for the NYPD. Jeremy is what you would call your normal cop working for the department. He works on his own trying to find terrorists based in New York. This time he is after a group that reminds me of ISIS. This book is scary and not in the horror way but in the real life way because this can happen and then again i ...more
Jim A
Jan 27, 2014 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book by Dick Wolf more than his first. Maybe it was because, having read the first one, my expectations were lower.

Pretty fast paced thriller about two agents, one NYPD and the other Mexican, chasing an assassin. You learn early on that this assassin is one bad dude.

Twists at the ending, although the clues were there during the book, were surprising to me.

All in all worth the read, even though I don't think it will ever achieve 'classic status' along the lines of Flynn, Berenson,
Kerry
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great read. Beyond the lines drawn between countries there are those who blur the lines for their own benefit, they are called assassins. With one federal agents mission to find the truth and another agent from Mexico trying to catch a self made man in brutality. Then add this directive of the killer, whom has managed to hide his idenity, to make his mark before he is killed in this game of cat and mouse. Very well written, thoroughly enjoyed this book. Highly recommended read.
Alaina
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was confused in the beginning despite having read the book before this one though the main story does not revolve around the first book it should be rent for this onebut once I got past that it was good
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
Jeremy Fisk has been cleared for police duty only it won't be the kind he was hoping for. It's United Nations Week in New York City which means he will be working Intel in aiding foreign dignitaries for their week long summit. After losing his former partner and girlfriend Krina Gersten in a terrorist plot what was discovered before it had a chance to be carried out, he still had feelings that justice had not been served the way he would have wanted. Even though the trial carried with it a guilt ...more
An Odd1
Mar 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: action
"What kind of mind dreams up abominations like this?" p 45. Creepy Mexican mobster called Chuparosa artistically carves hummingbird into "headless handless corpse" p 47. Rating could stay high to admire author ability, even if I don't "Like" mutilation.

"The explosive noise of the guns had set off a chain reaction" p 1 starts book with a bang. NYPD Jeremy Fisk holds only a windshield scraper while Swedes massacre all other agents in a white-out snowstorm. Tension builds as he takes out bad guys.
Lesa
Jan 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller
If you don't recognize Dick Wolf's name as an author, you may recognize it as the creator of Law & Order. He brings the same non-stop action and suspense to his second Jeremy Fisk novel, The Execution.

Detective Jeremy Fisk of the NYPD Intelligence Division sees himself as an elite cop. He's a member of the anti-terror unit modeled on the CIA. He survived the action that killed his girlfriend. And, he's the survivor of a stakeout in upstate New York where two Swedish Muslim militants tried to
Betty Glenn
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book starts quickly, but I almost didn’t make it to the end, so a little advice up front: Do try, since the pace picks up and the story improves toward the end. Until then, although there were interesting, exciting moments, the story mostly seemed to plod along. Too much explanation, not enough action. There are frequent intrusions into the story while the author provides information he thinks the reader needs. These range from blatant parenthetical asides while a character is “on stage” to ...more
Chris
Aug 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller
Dick Wolf does not disappoint. In this second novel we find Jeremy Fisk continuing to battle Islamic terrorists from Sweden in the cold woods of New York on the Canadian border. However, the main plot of this book is set in NYC and involves narco-terrorists from Mexico. Fisk butts heads with an attractive, no nonsense Latina from the equivalent of the Mexican FBI/CIA. She is in town protecting the President of Mexico. Fisk has been sidetracked to a mission involving the United Nations. It's UN W ...more
Amy
Jan 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Excellent! I did not figure out any of the resolutions (who did it and how/why) to the plot lines until they were revealed. Some were shocking. I certainly was fed the clues, but they were woven so well into the storyline, and there were so many things going on in the book, that I was still surprised. A great resolution for the first book; and an exciting new chapter waiting to be written for book #3. You really do need to read (and remember!) book 1 - The Intercept - to benefit from reading thi ...more
Robert
Feb 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: law-n-order
While not quite as good as the first Fisk book this one is still pretty decent. NYPD Detective Fisk is back on the case and chasing down a hummingbird in this installment. Hummingbird is the name of a ruthless assassin visiting the Big Apple up from Mexico. With the Federales hot on his tail he splits from Mexico with what appears to be plans of assassinating the Mexican Presidente at a meeting with Obama. This one just seemed a bit slower and fit with a rushed ending as opposed to the first Fis ...more
Sue Wargo
Jan 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller
The genius behind the Law & Order series is now author to a thrilling new novel series. Jeremy Fisk is a well formed character who is sharp and credible. The detail in story plot will keep you reading well into the night. This story connects New York with Mexico and an underworld of crime and drug lords. Wolf like in his tv series writes commandingly with threads of real time events and politics. The violence is portrayed with explicit detail, but is not gratuitous. I highly recommend both b ...more
Kathleen
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
"The Execution" is the second mystery I have read by Dick Wolf. The author is creator of the long running TV franchise "Law And Order." The main character of the novel, Jeremy Fisk, and his counterpart from Mexico lead the action in New York City during a meeting at the U.N.. The plot has enough twists without being too hard to follow. I would read another Dick Wolf mystery.
Jim
May 18, 2014 rated it liked it
This was a good mystery & covered a lot of ground. I didn't read the first, but the author caught me up on what happened well enough, probably without being overbearing for those who had. There's not a lot of action, but that is well done & quite believable. The story was logical, the motivations very good. I'll be interested in reading another.
Esther Somorai
This is an interesting and exciting read, here and there throughout, that kept me reading at a pretty fast pace. It just didn't hit the four or five star rating for me.
Laurie
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
One of the main characters went to my high school -- The American School in Mexico City. Pretty sweet.
Kay
Jun 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adventure
This time Jeremy Fisk is hunting for an assassin from Mexico. Beautiful Mexican Commandant partners in the search. Exciting drama at it’s best.
Read Ng
Feb 27, 2019 rated it liked it
This is book #2. There are references to book #1. This is a character / universe building book, so I would recommend you read books #1 and #2 in order for maximum enjoyment.

I did not dislike this book, it just seemed more ordinary than book #1. The twist at the end did not seem all that surprising. The first third of the book was all setup. I am still deciding how much I like this character, so I will be reading book #3 in the future. I did not get the same sense of this story fitting into real
Edith Wasserfall
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. There were some nice twists at the end that I didn't expect. I felt there was a lot of research that went into this book and it was fascinating to learn about all the different types of law enforcement and other government agencies and how they work together (or against) each other under different circumstances. I also enjoyed Comandante Garza's character, and the internal struggles she had to deal with as a woman in her position of power. Overall a very easy read, ve ...more
Christine Ricci
A fun read for the most part. Although there were some slow parts and a few paragraphs I thought the book could do without, on the whole it was a good read. It read like TV show or movie (makes sense with Dick Wolf as the author) in the beginning, but towards the end it felt as if Wolf was trying to drag out the ending. Was there a word count minimum? I wouldn't be opposed to picking up another in the series, but I'm not itching to read it either.
Ellen
Nov 29, 2018 rated it liked it
My favorite of Dick Wolf’s dominance of TV was Law and Order: Criminal Intent. I have now read the first two books which have Jeremy Fisk as the lead character. I really like this character and the way the second novel built upon the first. I did think the book got a little too wordy in places, but, loved the surprise at the end.
Darica
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was more what I would expect from Dick Wolf. I was into reading this second of the Fisk stories. Cannot say the same for the first one. There was even a nice twist at the end I did not see coming, should I say I had forgotten all about and bam.
Kelly
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Book was slow going at first. I’m also usually not a fan of storylines switching back and forth between points of view, but this one flowed pretty well for the most part. Overall I enjoyed the book. I had not read the first Jeremy Fisk novel and this one was still enjoyable.
Michael C
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
A fast paced book. Helped by a story line that moved rapidly. I loved the two disparate stories that merged into the main story. Structurally, this reader's experience was enhanced by short, snappy chapters. Recommended.
Joanne Hurley
Apr 13, 2018 rated it liked it
The three-star rating is because this book seems to have suffered from a lack of an editor. Repetitive wording, missing words...

Otherwise, a good story featuring Detective Fisk, the hero of Dick Wolf's first book.
  • Out of Range
  • Slingshot (Spycatcher, #3)
  • Black Sheep (Caitlyn Tierney FBI Thriller, #2)
  • The Renegades (Michael Parson & Sophia Gold, #3)
  • Silent Enemy (Michael Parson & Sophia Gold #2)
  • The Titanic Secret
  • Black Horizon (Jack Swyteck, #11)
  • A Chorus Line-Up (Glee Club, #3)
  • Throw in the Trowel (A Flower Shop Mystery, #15)
  • I Bastardi di Pizzofalcone
  • Beloved Enemy (Jack McClure, #5)
  • Independence Day (Dewey Andreas, #5)
  • Retribution (Kirk McGarvey, #18)
  • Nothing to Hide (A Roland March Mystery, #3)
  • Target America (Sniper Elite, #2)
  • What You Break (Gus Murphy, #2)
  • Desert Run (A Lena Jones Mystery #4)
  • Kill Fee (Stevens & Windermere, #3)
Richard Anthony "Dick" Wolf is an American producer, specializing in crime dramas such as Miami Vice and the Law & Order franchise. Throughout his career he has won several awards including an Emmy Award and a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Wolf worked as an advertising copywriter at Benton & Bowles creating commercials for Crest toothpaste, all the while writing screenplays in the ho

Jeremy Fisk (3 books)
  • The Intercept (Jeremy Fisk, #1)
  • The Ultimatum (Jeremy Fisk #3)
“Detective Jeremy Fisk of the NYPD Intelligence Division hated upstate New York. Hated the whole idea of it. Even though he had lived all over the world during his childhood, he had spent most of his adult life in New York City and had the passion of the convert for his adopted home. And as a confirmed New Yorker, he despised upstate on principle. Upstate was hillbillies and trailer parks and suicidal deer that plunged heedlessly into the headlights of your car, forcing you to swerve into the nearest ditch.” 1 likes