Start by marking “Broken Wings” as Want to Read:
Broken Wings

Broken Wings

(Hidden Wings #2)

Emma's world is falling apart, and Kade, the only one who seems to hold her together, is missing. With death lingering right outside their door, decisions must be made before it's too late. The Midway has refused to send help, so they are left to seek out the only other who can stop Lucian. A perilous quest sends Emma and a few Guardians into the Underworld, where the unim ...more
Published June 11th 2013 by Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing (first published June 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Broken Wings, please sign up.

Cameo
May 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
After writing this book my mind is still trying to wrap around everything that happened. This is one crazy, crazy adventure! I need a vacation after writing this one, but this is definitely my best work so far!!!
Μαρία Γεωργοπούλου
Ήταν αρκετά καλό, αλλά για να είμαι ειλικρινής δεν ήταν ένα βιβλίο που με τράβηξε όσο περίμενα.
Είχε πολλή δράση, ίσως λίγο περισσότερη από όσο θα ήθελα και μου έλειψαν οι απλές στιγμές χαλάρωσης μεταξύ των πρωταγωνιστών. Μου αρέσει η δράση φυσικά, όμως εδώ ήταν τόση που δεν άφηνε τις σχέσεις να αναπτυχθούν.
Επίσης, καταλαβαίνω την ανάγκη κάποια πράγματα να γίνονται γρήγορα, αλλά μέσα σε λίγες μέρες να υπάρχουν τόσο έντονα συναισθήματα? Δεν ξέρω...
Κάποια στιγμή θα συνεχίσω τη σειρά βέβαια καθώς μ
Julie
Jun 02, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-paranormal
Broken Wings was a great follow-up to Hidden Wings. I love Emma. She is a protagonist with lots of potential, and I look forward to watching her grow in future books. I am hoping this series will be more than a trilogy since each novel has been rather short. I think we need at least a quartet to really get to know Emma. I also loved Kade in this book. He is swoon worthy, although at times I found myself wondering about the "connection" she had with him. I felt like we needed to see more of them ...more
Kimberly
May 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite book of the series yet, each book is more incredible than the last!!!

In the beginning of this book Kade returns from the Midway and the cast reaches the conclusion that the only way to save themselves is to make a plea to Lucifer, since his own son is a Nephilium. Only one catch- to reach Lucifer they have to get through all five gates of hell, an incredibly rare feat!

Once you reach gate one, well you can forget about putting the book down! The trials they go through, the monsters t
Karla Bostic
May 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another wonder addition to this incredible world of Cameo's. Each book gets better than the last.
This time we get to see the relationships build between Emma and Samuel as well as Kade. They take a 5 step Journey and along the way learn a lot about each other. She realizes how much he does love her and with the aid of a few incredible gifts she is given for their journey she makes it through some really incredibly tough times. Some funny moments in the story from Dominic who is so adorable and i
Darian Carter-Pace
This review and more at my blog, Into the Worm's Hole
Rating: 4.5 of 5 stars
Series book: Yes
Will I read the Next: Yes

Holy crap. I can't even right now. This was actually a really good book. At first I was skeptical because of the whole "When darkness surrounds, love will lead the way." For some reason that just turned me off. But there was alot more action than I expected, and I got addicted after just a few chapters. It was definitely worth the read and I can't wait for the next book.

I am jus
Aimz
[image error]

5 Stars aren't enough for how I feel about this series.
[image error]

This is book2 in the Hidden Wings world.
I love Emma. She is a 17 year old girl who has lost so much that is dear to her but yet gained so much more. A family, friends..... and enemies for no reason other than her birth. A prophecy awaits her. If she can survive until her 18th birthday. She is a mixture of light and dark. Good and bad. Innocence and experience. And her rock, her guardian, her almost everything...
Heather andrews
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet mother of all that's holy I really did miss Emma and her thoughts, "because Lucian, one of the elders of the Fallen, is a psychopath on a power trip." And I missed my Kade so damn much like you people really have no idea how much I've missed him, "get some rest, okay? We'll be going through Hell tomorrow." He means that quite literally people. And I missed his sass, the boy knows how to throw down, "well, I'm not going to stop you if you really want to take it off," he said, his eyes slidi ...more
Imagey
Jun 25, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Emma narrowly escaped the evil Fallen, Lucian, and is hiding in a bunker with her parents and guardians - but they can't hide there forever. They concoct a plan to journey through Hell in order to try to convince Lucifer to join them against Lucian. It's a dangerous plan. No one has traveled through the 5 levels of Hell and survived. Emma hasn't even transformed and gained her powers yet. Emma, Kade, Danyel and Samuel begin the journey, but not everyone will make it. The monsters of hell aren't ...more
Daphne
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adventurous angel book

Absolutely enjoyable! The characters and plot kept me wanting to know more. Emma is more than an angel and now is faced with a dilemma. A sexy fallen and angel wants her.
Janae Mitchell
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OH...MY...LANTA!

After reading book one, Hidden Wings, which was a great intro to this series, I couldn't wait to read this one. Not only did it not disappoint, but it surpassed my expectations.

This book takes us through hell and back—literally. At one point, I actually gasped out loud, shocked at what had just happened. I can't recall ever actually gasping over a book before. Have my heart ache, get the chills, cry, maybe, but not gasp out loud. "Broken Wings" is my first gasper.

Relationships d

Booknut
I wish that reading a book was more like the journey taken by that engine in The Little Engine That Could.

Because in The Little Engine That Could all the engine had to do was think that he could do something, and he could. But no matter how many times you read a book and keep thinking/wishing that you're going to enjoy it, sometimes...you just don't. You've got a 50-50 chance each time you read a book of loving it, or hating it.

I was rooting so hard for this book! The first book was not enjoyabl
Katie
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just read it, and i hate that i read so fast, why? Because the third book is not yet out, and i can't wait to see what will happen with whole Emma/Kade and Emma/Ethon thing. I loved Kade for his sacrifice, and even cried when he did it. But nobody can blame me that i am seriously intrigued by Ethon character. And this is the only time i wished Kade was not that devotious, how can he beat the hell out of Ethon now??? I am full of questions, maybe there will be a short story about Ethon, that will ...more
Shannon
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well what can i say? the name of the books says it all..

There is evil and good in all of us, some of us is struggle with it day in and day out. the choice is always up to us.

Emma has been brought into this life for some reason, she has a destiny she has to fulfill..
She has help from her Guardians.

She has fallen for one of them, as one of them has for her. will there love be able to hold threw the adventures she has to go threw? one thing we all know LOVE will win all.

but is it possible when anot
Melanie
I really enjoyed the start and end of this book, but the middle was a little hard for me to read. I found myself getting bored at each level. But the ending and the start of the love triangle almost made it worth it.
Cinthia
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Searcy
DNF

Just couldn't go back to try to finish this writing/editing/grammar nightmare.
Kari
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh the twists

Oh the twists and turns this series is taking my heart on.
This 2nd book in the Hidden Wings series takes us on a trip through Hell, literally. In order to meet with Lucifer and get his help in the fight against Lucien; Emma, Kale, Samuel, and Danyel have to traverse the 5 rings of hell. There are twists that pull on the heart and loss that breaks it.
Michele
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can't get enough

What!!!!! Am going crazy with all the twist and turns. Loving Emma and how she's kicking ass!!! Need more now!
Calico
Mar 09, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-books
ARGH!

I'll start off by saying right off the bat that the only reason I even read this book was to find out what happens to Kade. The grammar in the first book was so atrocious that I thought I'd have permanent eye damage from rolling them so much. But I did like Kade, and in a moment of weakness, I decided to give the series a second chance and buy the second book.

At first I was hopeful. A couple of pages in, and I hadn't encountered any grammatical errors that were too bad. I thought that maybe
Tracey (Life and Literature)
My life was no longer my own. I was one, out of how many other innocents, who were being hunted and killed for selfish, stupid reasons, and all because of one, idiotic Fallen Angel named Lucian.

Argh, Cameo Renae!!! Talk about throwing a spanner in the works!!! Why, oh why!!! I'm torn. I'm so damn torn!!! I actually like this new character you've introduced and I really don't want to. But he's so sweet and protective and my mind keeps telling me no, but my heart can't help but like him.

Emma a
Bianca
May 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was provided with a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. Thank you! J

I waited 5 months for this book, but let me say that it was worth the waiting! ‘Broken Wings’ is a brilliant book, that I loved so much! There is so much to say about this book that I had to make notes while I was reading it so I won’t forget anything. But even with these notes, it’s so hard to write a proper review that can describe ‘Broken Wings’ at its true brilliance!

When I read ‘Hidden Wings’ and ‘De
Amber
Jul 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Hidden Wings series is a beyond words, unforgettable story that will have you running the gamut of your emotions while falling hopelessly in love with the mystery and intrigue of the world of Cameo Ranea. Renae births a world of pure love, overwhelming passion, and mind-numbing adventure that is then offered to us if we have the courage to explore it. The Hidden Wings series is my first foray into the genre of fantasy that includes a heavy emphasis on Angels, and I was anything but disappoin ...more
Christa Lane
I started this book right after finishing the first one and let me tell you that I couldn't wait to see what happened and that in that short amount of time I missed the humor that I got from the book.

Let me tell you though I was so happy to find out that the "friend" that saved Emma in the woods was her father. I just sat there yelling "Yes! yes I knew it!" This was literally me (except I wasn't driving)

description

Then not to mention that I cried when Kade came back from the midway after getting help only
Sabrina Olteanu
Feb 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from the author in exchange for my hones review.
Broken Wings was a great follow-up to Hidden Wings, I love this series. 5 Stars aren't enough for how I feel about this series. The author has done an amazing job with them all! This book really surprised me
Emma is a 17 year old girl who has lost so much that is dear to her, but yet gained so much more: family, friends; but she gained some enemies for no reason other than her birth. A prophecy awaits her. She has been brought i
James
Feb 05, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
Amber
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG!! I just have to say Cameo Renae is a phenomenal writer. There isn't a book out there that I have read of hers that hasn't left me with a book high and her cliff hanger OMG!! Her books are always amazing and leave you wanting more. Broken Wings is just EPIC and I cant wait to read more from this series because it's just beyond amazing. My fave character is Dom, I wish I could have him for myself but Cameo wont let me have him LOL There was a bit of a twist towards the end of Broken Wings tha ...more
Buffy Kennedy
Jul 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again I have trouble figuring out where to start! I continue to love Emma and her connection with Kade. They had such a balance between innocent and hot at times. His newfound mortality just broke my heart as much as it warmed me for his reasons. I enjoyed the budding relationship between Emma and her father and the new uses of magic.

That all being said, I have to say I had a couple disappointments. There are some unanswered questions that ended up sticking with me after I finished the book
Asphodel
I CRIED

Lemme' tell you how I feel now. I can't explain what I feel right now. I'm so broken, I just finished a book where the main character dies and I cried there, and now. Oh Gawd, another death. I can't explain how I am though, why I cry over fictional characters. Okay, enough about me.

It was two days after I read Hidden Wings then I only read a quarter of it, because I thought,'Hey, there's no more Kade. How could this book be good?' Then, I realized my mistake. It was actually excellent. Ex
hidden wings series 3 14 Oct 07, 2013 08:36AM
  • Forgiven (The Watchers, #3)
  • The Only One (End of Days, #3)
  • Scorched Treachery (Imdalind, #3)
  • Touching Fire (Touch, #2)
  • The Saints (The Watchers, #3)
  • Search (The Empire Chronicles, #2)
  • Circle of Lies (Red Ridge Pack,#2)
  • Reckoning (Guardian Saga, #3)
  • Eternity (Crossroads Saga, #4)
  • Feudlings in Flames (Fate on Fire, #2)
  • Winter's Wrath: Sacrifice  (Winter's Saga, #3)
  • Angelic (Angelic, #1)
USA Today Bestselling author, Cameo Renae, was born in San Francisco, raised in Maui, Hawaii, and now resides with her husband in Alaska.
She's a daydreamer, a caffeine and peppermint addict, who loves to laugh, and loves to read to escape reality.
One day she hopes to find her own magic wardrobe and ride away on her magical unicorn. Until then...she'll keep writing!

Hidden Wings (5 books)
  • Hidden Wings (Hidden Wings, #1)
  • Tethered Wings (Hidden Wings, #3)
  • Gilded Wings (Hidden Wings, #4)
  • Wings of Vengeance (Hidden Wings, #5)
“You know, the answer to your problem is just an attitude change away.” 2 likes
“Okay, Dom. I think you’ve admired yourself enough for a few lifetimes,” Samuel laughed.  “I mean, who could ever get tired of looking at these gorgeous guns?” Dom asked.  “Me,” Malachi, Danyel, and Samuel all said in unison.” 1 likes