Start by marking “Holiday Games (Play by Play, #6.5)” as Want to Read:
Holiday Games (Play by Play, #6.5)

Holiday Games

(Play by Play #6.5)

« Jaci Burton a une façon d’écrire des scènes intenses, à la fois sensuelles et crues... Beaucoup de romance, d’hommes sexy, d’amour brûlant et d’humour. » Smexy Books

All I want for christmas is...

Tout ce qu’Elizabeth et Gavin Riley veulent pour Noël, c’est un bébé. Et Elizabeth compte bien profiter de la moindre occasion pour se retrouver seule avec son mari. Sauf qu’

Published November 19th 2013 by Penguin

To ask other readers questions about Holiday Games, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holiday Games

Start your review of Holiday Games (Play by Play, #6.5)
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3.5 ★'s

Just what I've been missing - all the Rileys together...and I mean ALL the Rileys! Throw in a wedding and the holidays and it couldn't get any better.

I really enjoyed catching up with all the gang. It was nice reading what was going on with them. And I just really missed the "family" feel that JB has managed to create with all of them. The way they tease each other, they way they're always there for each other and even just getting together for dinner makes it special.

It didn't hurt tha
Auntee
Nov 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of the series
Cute, hot little slice-of-life story for fans of the Play-By-Play series.

Two significant things are going on in this one. Jenna and Ty's (Taking a Shot) upcoming wedding, and Gavin and Liz's (Changing The Game) quest to have a baby.

All the Riley's are in this one. The women take off to Jamaica? for a rambunctious bachelorette party; the men take off to Vegas for theirs. Lots of camaraderie, teasing, and good times are had by all.

Meanwhile, Liz is fretting over her failure to conceive. It's been
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
Holy snooze button, Batman.

This was so $@#%ing boring that it was almost unbearable. In fact, I think the only reason I didn't DNF it is because it is a novella and I knew the end was always in sight.

I used to love this series. LOVE. But after Thrown By a Curve (#5), I was so bored I didn't even buy the next one (One Sweet Ride), instead opting to just wait for it to show up on Paper Back Swap. My problem with this one is basically the same as with Thrown. Seriously. In fact, here is a cut and p
Anne OK
Nov 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-reads
Babymaking is the name of the game this go-round in Jaci Burton's latest addition to her Play-by-Play series. Liz and Gavin are established in their marriage now and they're hoping to start a family. The time clock is ticking away and, after a year of trying to get pregnant, Liz is worried. Her answer is more sex and, of course, Gavin is more than happy to comply with her wishes.

The Riley family is gathered together for another Riley wedding and the holidays. All in all, it's a fun read but not
Jess
Nov 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: B+

Liz wants to have a baby badly and after months of trying, she and Gavin are still waiting and hoping. Adding to the stress of wanting to be pregnant, Liz is in the middle of preparing to host the entire Riley family at their home for Christmas plus Jenna’s wedding is coming up the week before Christmas so things are crazy for the entire family. There are a lot of family activities packed into this holiday themed novella, but the focus and
Elizabeth H.
Nov 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, net-galley
Jaci Burton is quickly becoming a favorite author of mine. I love her fast-paced books and diverse characters. I selected this novella to review because I love Jaci Burton and I love Christmas books. I haven’t read any of her Play-by-Play books yet but after today, they are moving to the top of my TBR list!

I really enjoyed this novella. Liz and Gavin are trying to have a baby. While Liz is success-driven in her professional life, her personal life is no exception. After a year of trying with no
mindful.librarian ☀️
Well, that was amazing. And silly me for just trying to find a Christmas book on Libby and ending up in the middle of a series 🙈 now that I fell in love I’m going to go back to start with book 1 of the series. FYI - this is SUPER STEAMY married romance 🙌🏼
Aldina
Oct 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Sigh….yes, that is what I did once I finished this in record time. The Play-by-Play series is one of my favorites and Liz and Gavin are my favorite couple anyway so I was so excited to see their relationship progress. But wait, not only do we get to see where Liz and Gavin are, we get to visit all the amazing couples of the Riley Clan! As nauseatingly perfect as the Riley Clan is, you can’t help but love them anyway. We get to witness Jenna’s wedding, we get to see how Savannah & Cole as well a
Samantha (WLABB)
Jun 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Rating: 3.5 Stars

It's always nice to catch up with the Riley clan, and Burton gave this novella to the fans as a gift. All out favorite couples are back together as they prepare for Jenna's wedding and Christmas. In addition, we have a disheartened Liz, who is bent on getting pregnant, and has committed to the baby making 100%.

Lots of fun stuff in this one: the bachelor and bachelorette parties, the wedding, the rehearsal dinner, a Cole vs. Mick football game, Christmas. I got a little teary, a
BBMoreB ~
Aug 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
Jaci Burton’s writing is emotional. She is not afraid of putting her characters through hell. However, in Holiday Games she gave the characters a break, kept things light, and made it about the celebration of family and friends. It was amazing to witness the relationships that have development since the inception of the Play-by-Play series.

This will make the perfect gift for a contemporary reader in your life.

Disclosure: This ebook was provided to me free of charge for the sole purpose of an ho
Tracy
Nov 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very cute, sexy and quick read! It's always nice to visit the Rileys.
Nicole
Joint review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2013/11/18/...

MinnChica: This sports series is by far my favorite from Burton, and in the top three of sports romance series. I love the way Burton showcases not only the love of sports, from both the male and female perspective, but I also love the way she goes into the brotherhood of the players, the family dynamics outside of the team, and the struggles that come with being a professional athlete. Getting a sneak peek back into Ga
Michel Reinhard (Saucy Southern Readers)
 photo GoodreadsPic_zps6e1735c1.png

ARC provided by the Publisher, via Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review.

If you are a fan of Jaci Burton’s Play By Play series then you are in for a delightful treat. Holiday Games is the perfect holiday celebration for the Riley family and friends.

A wedding is in the works. Jenna Riley and Ty Anderson (book 3 –Taking A Shot) are tying the knot before Christmas. The Riley clan has gathered to celebrate the nuptials.

Young Nathan (book 1- Play By Play) is grown up and now in college. He
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
Holiday Games follows the Riley family through the holidays with a favorite past couple from Changing the Game, Liz and Gavin. For the first time, Liz is holding the Riley family Christmas gathering at their house and everything has to be perfect. Add in her sister-in-laws upcoming nuptials, and the year long struggle to conceive, and Liz is beyond stressed. But Liz has a plan. She's decided that she needs sex, and lots of it, to have the baby she dreams of. And Gavin is all for the sex games th ...more
Mateja
Oct 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It was so good to be back with the Riley bunch. My favorite aspect of the first few books in the Play by Play series were all the family gatherings and Holiday Games was full of them. I love when there's a strong family presence in the books I read, I think it just adds depth to both characters and story. I enjoyed every single page of this novella. It was a real treat for fans of Jaci Burton as well as everyone getting in the Christmas spirit.

I loved reconnecting with all the characters, espec
✿-Anna-✿
Its always great to reunite with the Riley family, but I would have loved to have read more about the whole family not just Gavin and Liz... especially would like to have read a little more about Jenna and Ty's wedding which was also featured in this book, but just a little bit... their story could have easily been a much longer book and very well enjoyed, especially if we got some nice romantic moments from the couple getting married, or even a little bridzilla comedy. LOL

This book was more abo
Michelle ✧✦serieslover✦✧
Holiday Games
Gavin Riley and Elizabeth Liz Darnell
5/5 Stars

Holiday Games is the first novella of Play-by-Play series by Jaci Burton. Starring main characters from Changing the Game. I missed reading about the Riley family. This book is the best thing ever as it focused on my favorite Play-by-Play couple.

Favorite Quotes
Now he couldn't imagine a day of his life without her by his side. She was his rock of fortitude when things got rough for him, could always be counted on to calm the ra
Cocktails and Books
Nov 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
It’s Christmas with the Riley’s. Liz and Gavin Riley love married life, but Liz is stressed out this holiday season. She is hosting the Riley family for Christmas and wants everything to be perfect. There is also a wedding in the family and Liz is disappointed she isn’t pregnant after a year of trying. Through it all, Gavin is relaxed, loving and supportive. Gavin and Liz have a lot of hot sex everywhere trying to conceive a baby.

Jaci Burton writes an entertaining novella about the Riley clan i
Lesley
Aug 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I adore this series so this little holiday novella was the perfect way to catch up with my favourite characters and get an update on every one of the Riley clan.

It's a busy time for the Riley's with Jenna's drunken bachelorette weekend in Jamaica before her gorgeous Christmas wedding to Ty. Liz however, isn't drinking as she continues to try for a baby with Gavin, after a year of trying Liz decides to unleash "Operation make a baby" and Gavin is of course in seventh heaven.

With plenty of hot an
Kelly at
Review will be posted at www.books-n-kisses.com .

NUMBER OF HEARTS: 4 1/2
REVIEW:
Liz has baby on the brain. Which means she needs to convince her husband that they need to have more sex. But with the holiday’s and a wedding there is not much time. But that is not going stop Liz.

Oh, how I love Jaci Burton’s Play-by-Play series!!!! Since Holiday Games is a novella and don't want to give too much away just know that it will not disappoint. It was so much fun to read about Gavin & Liz again. I so c
Lisa Berk
Nov 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!! Love the Play-by-Play series!! This was such a great Novella because it gave the reader the opportunity to catch up with all of the characters we fell in love with during the series. Loved it.
m e r
Jun 30, 2013 rated it liked it
3 stars

Got to see all the Riley's again. Yay! Happy Holiday!
Mags
Decided to reread this story! It's an enjoyable, fun read and a great way to catch up with the Riley family at Christmas time. :-)
Gabby
really sweet, hot, and appropriate for this season (:
AliciaJ
I wasn't sure what the point was of this story. It was ok, but there wasn't any conflict or goal of the story that captured my interest.
Barbara ★
This is a cute and sexy short that details Jenna's wedding plan (and wedding) to Tyler and also Liz and Gavin's many, many attempts to get pregnant. A cute and heartwarming addition to the series.
Diki79
Nov 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Well, cover is hot!
It's Jaci Burton! Woman knows how to write sex!
Heather
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've loved this entire series and it was great to catch up with the rest of the characters. Can't wait for the next one.
amanda s.
Aug 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. A cute little story about Gavin's love toward Liz and I enjoyed it so much! <3 ...more
Karen
Dec 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Liz is one of my least favorite characters in this series, so the fact that this story was focused on her didn't help. But I would have liked to hear more about Jenna and her wedding. It was enough to keep me interested but there were some things that really bugged me. Tara as the matron of honor? Really? Her oldest brother's wife over her cousin Alicia that she grew up with? And she's going to have Tara doing the wedding planning and the rehearsal dinner too? I know that's her job but doesn't s ...more

• Falling for the Backup (Assassins, #4)
  • Empty Net (Assassins, #3)
  • Trying to Score (Assassins, #2)
  • Just the Thing (The Donnigans, #2)
  • Taking Shots (Assassins, #1)
  • Fighting Attraction (Redemption, #4)
  • Full Contact (Redemption, #3)
  • In Your Corner (Redemption, #2)
  • 4 & Counting (Assassins #4.6)
  • Smooth Moves (Veteran Movers #2)
  • A Very Merry Hockey Holiday (Assassins, #8)
  • Tied Up, Tied Down (Rough Riders, #4)
  • Rode Hard, Put Up Wet (Rough Riders, #2)
  • A Sure Thing (The Donnigans, #1)
  • Cowgirl Up and Ride (Rough Riders, #3)
  • Raising Kane  (Rough Riders, #9)
  • Delivered with a Kiss (Veteran Movers, #4)
  • Saddled and Spurred (Blacktop Cowboys, #2)
Jaci Burton is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling, award-winning author of over 85 books. She lives in Oklahoma and when she isn’t on deadline (which is often), she can usually be found wrestling with her uncooperative garden, wrangling her dogs, watching an unhealthy amount of television, or completely losing track of time reading a great book. She’s a total romantic and longs for the hap ...more

Play by Play (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Perfect Play (Play by Play, #1)
  • Changing the Game (Play by Play, #2)
  • Taking a Shot (Play by Play, #3)
  • Playing to Win (Play by Play, #4)
  • Thrown by a Curve (Play by Play, #5)
  • One Sweet Ride (Play by Play, #6)
  • Melting the Ice (Play by Play, #7)
  • Straddling the Line (Play by Play, #8)
  • Quarterback Draw (Play by Play, #9)
  • All Wound Up (Play by Play, #10)