Start by marking “Pet Sounds: New and Improved Stories from the QC Report” as Want to Read:
Pet Sounds: New and Improved Stories from the QC Report

Pet Sounds: New and Improved Stories from the QC Report

Quinn Cummings is an Oscar-nominated actor (The Goodbye Girl, Family), and a critically acclaimed author and humorist whose previous books, NOTES FROM THE UNDERWIRE and THE YEAR OF LEARNING DANGEROUSLY, have earned her a new generation of fans worldwide. In her third book, PET SOUNDS, Cummings writes about a lifetime of living with - and occasionally against - domesticated ...more
Published May 9th 2013 by Quinella Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Pet Sounds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pet Sounds

Start your review of Pet Sounds: New and Improved Stories from the QC Report
Christina
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I could not stop laughing as I read this book! I love reading Quinn's Twitter feed (@quinncy) and her occasional "small stories," and had been dying to read her books. This book consists of essays from her blog "The QC Report," all having to do with life with her cats, dogs, and sometimes rabbits and other animals. Her Consort and Daughter also make appearances, of course. From her cat "Lupac Shapurr" (formerly known as Lulabelle; the story explaining how she comes by the gangsta nickname is ...more
Anne
Sep 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
'Pet Sounds, new & improved stories from the QC Report' by Quinn Cummings is a collection of the author's recollections of the various pets she has had in her life. As a volunteer at an animal shelter, and generally soft-hearted person, the author often fosters kittens from the shelter as well as having a menagerie of old dogs, cats and the odd small animal for her young daughter in her small California home.
I would count Ms. Cummings as one of my favorite humor writers. I follow her on
Amy
Jul 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I inadvertently broke my 2013 vow to not read blog-to-book titles, because this one is by Quinn Cummings, and she snuck it up on us-- all of a sudden, here was this new Quinn book, so naturally I downloaded it at once. Quinn's writing is easy to read, so much so that the jokes sneak up on one as well, and I found myself laughing aloud and wishing that I were reading in a less-crowded place.

These narratives are expanded from her blog, and follow the trajectory of several dogs, cats, and others
Denise
Feb 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What does it say about me that I am rating Pet Sounds above another recently-read book, Elizabeth Gilbert's Signature of All Things? This is simply a collection of blogs about Quinn's pets. But she is just so funny, and clever! She pokes as much fun at herself as at anyone or anything else. Well, gotta go, my cat's head-butting my face and sitting on my keyboard.
Victoria
Jun 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So so funny!
Tracie La Rue Moen
Loved it. Laughed out loud a number of times. As a fellow animal rescue crazy woman, I saw myself in this book a number of times.
Oct 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Best book I have read by Quinn Cummings. Laugh out loud funny. Reading it was like a warm hug from a friend. Recommend it!
Jan
May 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun read for pet lovers
Stephanie Lucianovic
Laughed out loud throughout this entire boo and highlighted the crap out of it.
Christine