Start by marking “Frog and Toad Storybook Treasury: 4 Complete Stories in 1 Volume!” as Want to Read:
Frog and Toad Storybook Treasury: 4 Complete Stories in 1 Volume!

Frog and Toad Storybook Treasury: 4 Complete Stories in 1 Volume!

(Frog and Toad #1-4)

Celebrate the power of friendship with all four of the beloved Frog and Toad I Can Read stories by Arnold Lobel

This 9x9 hardcover treasury includes the complete art and text from four classics: Frog and Toad Are Friends, Frog and Toad Together, Frog and Toad All Year, and Days with Frog and Toad. Share the adventures of best friends Frog and Toad as they fly a kite, resist
Published December 23rd 2013 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Frog and Toad Storybook Treasury, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frog and Toad Storybook Treasury

Start your review of Frog and Toad Storybook Treasury: 4 Complete Stories in 1 Volume!
Steph
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My sister surprised me with my childhood favourite book set. This book collection of little stories about these two best friends brings back so many memories that I cannot even imagine I love love these two. ...more
Aneesa
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
So sweet with some surprises too.
Sara
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read this to the kids and we had so much fun!

* Toad complains about his messy house and Frog responds, "Toad, you are right." And now we go around saying, "Toad, you are right." All. The. Time. Love it!

* Toad loses a button and throws a fit. It's funny every time.

* I thought that everyone was mean to Toad about his bathing suit situation, but we were able to talk about each character's point of view, and that was valuable.
Elevetha
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read in its entirety while babysitting today.

The stories are short, sweet, full of dry humor, and relatable to adults, which makes them doubly good. Let it be said, never have I related to a picture book character more than I do to Toad.
BHodges
Aug 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: personal-library
Over the past month or so we've been reading these bedtime stories with my almost 3-year-old daughter. She loves Frog and Toad. Such a sweet, funny, melancholy pair. I liked these stories as a kid. I love them as an adult. I wish there were many more.
Elizabeth
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
thanks to the great audio book of this collection, my kids have memorized pretty much all the stories. One of my favorites is "The Swim," in which we learn that... sometimes we just deserve to be laughed at ;)
Gauri
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This a children's picture book series I found by chance when I was a teenager. It tells stories about a frog and a toad, one optimistic and one melancholy, supporting each other and loving each other despite their different temperaments. It is incredibly sweet. I fell in love with the characters and the art, and I decided I had to have a copy of my own.
Joanie
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Everyone should read these stories. Doesn't matter if you grew up with them or not. I can't imagine not loving these.

That latest article at The New Yorker about Arnold Lobel hit me with such strong nostalgia (aka: tears in my eyes) that I went and got this collection. Slowly treasuring them and reading them all over again. Frog and Toad have the most wonderful relationship and all the best, silliest, warmest of adventures! The illustrations are adorable and honestly I still find myself giggling
Kirsti
I picked this up after reading a New York Times article about the author. What a heartwarming, charming, funny book. I don't think I would have liked it as a kid--I mostly was interested in stories with very colorful illustrations--but I love it now that I'm grown.

My favorite story was "Alone," the last one in the collection. It's a great idea to present to kids: that being alone can be a happy time.
SaraLaLa
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens, to-buy
Although Frog is much smarter than Toad, they are best friends. This collection holds many (maybe 16?) short stories of their adventures, discoveries, mistakes, and lessons. Each story is a wonderful mixture of cute, silly, and sweet. It's an excellent children's read and I aim to buy it for our home library.
Heather
Aug 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-with-luke
Luke and I finished reading the last of these stories last night. He really enjoyed them. I'm sure this is a collection we will come back to and enjoy again.
JP
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Frog and Toad are wonderful, full stop. It's a collection of collections, with 4 parts, each of which has a handful (5?) of short stories. You can read the individual stories or go through them all back to back (as I did over the last few nights). The stories are thematically related, but there's no real plot between them, so no reason to read them in any particular order.

I think my favorite part of reading this is sharing just how wonderful the relationship between Frog and Toad is. They may
Abigail
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Picked up this gem up at the library to revisit some of my favorite childhood stories. Frog and Toad is still entertaining 26 years later! Frog and Toad are the perfect pair to help us reflect on our human nature. Toad is the classic pessimist with anxieties, foreboding joy, and depressive tendencies. Frog is the optimist. He is easygoing and works to show Toad the joys in life. The most heartwarming aspect of these stories is the theme of friendship. Friendship and connection are the top values ...more
Kristen
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great collection of stories for your children. We need to read the first four for our reading program from Memoria Press and when I saw our library had this treasury, I felt it would be perfect for our kids.

It took us a while to read all the stories included but they thoroughly enjoyed reading each tale together as read alouds. The stories also allow for a lots of discussion about the plot, grammar, and more!

I recommend checking it out with your children. It is a childhood classic!
Jonathan
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kid-reads
I had heard of Frog and Toad growing up, but I never came across a story of theirs until now. Since the stories are written for small children learning to read, the stories are very simple and silly. But beneath the simple veneer are truths that rise to the adult level and lessons that are timeless. Things such as being brave does not make one unafraid; good deeds can be undone, but the feeling one gets performing good deeds cannot be taken away: a good friend is a priceless treasure. There are ...more
Lisa Denford
Loved this book. I skipped over one chapter “shivers” which I considered too scary for my 2 year old.
Christian
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I never read these books growing up. - Spent the past week reading this collection of stories with my toddler at bed time and they're hilarious and wholesome.
Crystal Ellyson
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love these stories!!!!! I read them when I was growing up. These stories bring back so many memories of my childhood!!!!
Rachel Aranda
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I loved this book and its series! Mr. Lobel definitely started my love of frogs and toads as a kid with this series.
Devon Flaherty
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: kids and families
The Frog and Toad series by Arnold Lobel, which we read in Harper’s Frog and Toad Storybook Treasury, which includes all four Frog and Toad books:

Frog and Toad Are Friends
Frog and Toad Together
Frog and Toad All Year
Days with Frog and Toad

Arnold Lobel, 1933-1987, was a children’s book illustrator and writer. He won several awards and praise–including the Caldecott–for books like Frog and Toad Are Friends, Mouse Soup, and Fables. He grew up in Schenectady, New York, went to art school, and
Stacey
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read this book one night while on spring break. I had previously finished another book and had run out of reading material in the small town I was visiting. So I turned to this. It is comfortable and familiar, something I've read many times both as a child and adult (to my kids), but for some reason is always funny and refreshing. I love the relationship that Frog & Toad have, they set a great example of what a true friend is (I've heard recently that Arnold Lobel had disclosed that he is ...more
Susan Crowley
Jun 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
I vaguely remember Frog and Toad from my childhood. A recent article in The New York Times sparked me to revisit the books. It's actually quite a sophisticated, philosophical read.

I read it to myself - no shame. Part of me is still five years old and loves talking frogs that wear pants, live in cottages, ramble through woods have tea and cake by the fire.

Frog and Toad - I envy your simple lifestyle and easily resolved problems. I want to run away from my stressful job, interpersonal conflicts,
Roger
May 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
Tara
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I remember these stories as a kid and really enjoying them myself. My son Devin read all of the stories to me and really enjoyed them too. When he asked me if there were any more frog and toad stories from the same author I told him I did not know but I would check on Amazon. When I told him that I was pretty sure there were no more he got teary-eyed and sad. So if anyone has any good book recommendations along the same lines and level of reading please feel free to comment here.
Thomas
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Highly recommended children's book classic! Recommende for ages 4 to 8, but apart from 3 (of 20) somehow spooky tales (snakes with teeth and somesuch) pretty much okay for 3-year olds (just read the other tales first). But the more or less subtle subtext still works when you're 49.
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a charming book for children. I find Frog and Toad's characters even more sympathetic as an adult than I did as a child. Frog and Toad are very innocent, yet they have grown-up problems, which they usually resolve by being supportive and steadfast friends to each other.
Krystal Summerhill
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm so glad I decided to buy this bindup. these were my favorite stories as a kid. and reading them for the first time in years has made me so happy. it was such fun to see the illustrations again and the memories of reading certain stories came back.

so wonderful!!
Diana Nelson
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
These are my favorite early reader books! The stories are pretty clever, and I like the illustrations.
Alex
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Frog and Toad are my forever favorites. I think I should get a tattoo. Which illustration should I get a tattoo of?

• What Should Danny Do?
  • Waiting is Not Easy! (Elephant & Piggie, #22)
  • A Little House Picture Book Treasury: Six Stories of Life on the Prairie
  • Nobody Hugs a Cactus
  • Francine Poulet Meets the Ghost Raccoon
  • Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale (Knuffle Bunny, #1)
  • An Elephant & Piggie Biggie!
  • Strange Planet
  • We are in a Book! (Elephant & Piggie, #13)
  • A Little House Christmas: Holiday Stories From the Little House Books
  • Mad About Madeline: The Complete Tales
  • George and Martha: The Complete Stories of Two Best Friends
  • James Herriot's Treasury for Children: Warm and Joyful Tales by the Author of All Creatures Great and Small
  • Mr. Putter & Tabby Catch the Cold
  • Mr. Putter & Tabby Pick the Pears
  • Mr. Putter & Tabby Feed the Fish
  • Mr. Putter & Tabby Walk the Dog
  • Mr. Putter & Tabby Paint the Porch
Arnold Stark Lobel was a popular American author of children's books. Among his most popular books are those of the Frog and Toad series, and Mouse Soup, which won the Garden State Children's Book Award from the New Jersey Library Association.

Frog and Toad (5 books)
  • Frog and Toad Are Friends (Frog and Toad, #1)
  • Frog and Toad Together (Frog and Toad, #2)
  • Frog and Toad All Year (Frog and Toad, #3)
  • Days with Frog and Toad (Frog and Toad, #4)
  • The Frogs and Toads All Sang