Start by marking “Frog and Toad Storybook Treasury: 4 Complete Stories in 1 Volume!” as Want to Read:
Frog and Toad Storybook Treasury: 4 Complete Stories in 1 Volume!

Frog and Toad Storybook Treasury: 4 Complete Stories in 1 Volume!

(Frog and Toad #1-4)

Celebrate the power of friendship with all four of the beloved Frog and Toad I Can Read stories by Arnold Lobel

This 9x9 hardcover treasury includes the complete art and text from four classics: Frog and Toad Are Friends, Frog and Toad Together, Frog and Toad All Year, and Days with Frog and Toad. Share the adventures of best friends Frog and Toad as they fly a kite, resist
Published December 23rd 2013 by HarperCollins (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Frog and Toad Storybook Treasury, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frog and Toad Storybook Treasury

Start your review of Frog and Toad Storybook Treasury: 4 Complete Stories in 1 Volume!
♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ
*Deserves nothing less than the FULL 5 ★'s*

I read this series so many times as a child and as an adult. I loved it so much. One of the best parts about growing is being able to share your childhood favorites with the next generation. In my case, with my little niece's :) Frog and Toad is such a touching and wonderful story of friendship. It also shows how there is a give-and-take in friendship as well. The illustrations are very simple and yet truly beautiful. Frog is a free-spirited character w
Rachel Aranda
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5-5 stars

1st time reading: I loved this volume of Frog and Toad’s adventures! It was so cute and realistic seeing how these two friends got along and handled situations. The cookie story and gardening was especially relatable to me. Mr. Lobel definitely started my love of frogs and toads as a kid with this series. Can’t wait to read this to my future kids or younger family members if I can.

2nd time reading: For my brother’s birthday, we found an audiobook where Mr. Lobel read his own work so w
Juli
Aug 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have an old 1970s copy of Frog & Toad Together that sits on the top of the shelves in my home office along with two other children's books that I have loved since I was a little girl. It isn't my original copy from 1972...but one I bought later for my youngest son. In my opinion, every child should be friends with Frog & Toad....so I found an exact copy of the one I had as a girl and we read it many, many times when my littlest tot was still small. He's 16 and taller than me now....so Frog & T ...more
Steph
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My sister surprised me with my childhood favourite book set. This book collection of little stories about these two best friends brings back so many memories that I cannot even imagine I love love these two.☺️
Chris Gordon
Back in elementary school, we had droves of children's books from which to choose for our daily readings– so many that half of them have faded from my memory years ago – but one book series in particular has always stood out in my mind as being something special, and that series is Frog and Toad. Even all these years later, I have looked back fondly on Frog and Toad, remembering how much joy they gave me as a child, and felt the need to relive those delightful moments once again.

Frog and Toad:
Elizabeth
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
thanks to the great audio book of this collection, my kids have memorized pretty much all the stories. One of my favorites is "The Swim," in which we learn that... sometimes we just deserve to be laughed at ;) ...more
BHodges
Aug 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: personal-library
Over the past month or so we've been reading these bedtime stories with my almost 3-year-old daughter. She loves Frog and Toad. Such a sweet, funny, melancholy pair. I liked these stories as a kid. I love them as an adult. I wish there were many more. ...more
Aneesa
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
So sweet with some surprises too.
Sarah Booth
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got this collection from the library so it would help me fall asleep. It was wonderful for that but also for the sweet stories. frog and Toad are friends and if you have an imagination about something more than mere friends there are theories on that. However there is nothing concrete that will give you info one way or another. So if that makes you happy to think of them as more, it's not a big stretch to do so, and if you are homophobic maybe you're looking for things to be offended by; It's ...more
Ruth
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I believe I read these as a child, but recently rediscovered them. Charming and beautifully illustrated! I'm newly in love. ...more
Ebookwormy1
For kids just starting out, these adorable stories share a wholesome friendship, simple facts, and gentle conflict nestled in accessible, delightful, chapters. If you only buy a few books at this age level and utilize the library for the rest, buy this Treasury, and share it with your children and grandchildren. It's an enduring family treasure.

For more growing independence readers, see also
Ling & Ting: Not Exactly the Same (Ling & Ting #1), Grace Lin, 2010
Susan Crowley
Jun 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
I vaguely remember Frog and Toad from my childhood. A recent article in The New York Times sparked me to revisit the books. It's actually quite a sophisticated, philosophical read.

I read it to myself - no shame. Part of me is still five years old and loves talking frogs that wear pants, live in cottages, ramble through woods have tea and cake by the fire.

Frog and Toad - I envy your simple lifestyle and easily resolved problems. I want to run away from my stressful job, interpersonal conflicts,
Sara
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read this to the kids and we had so much fun!

* Toad complains about his messy house and Frog responds, "Toad, you are right." And now we go around saying, "Toad, you are right." All. The. Time. Love it!

* Toad loses a button and throws a fit. It's funny every time.

* I thought that everyone was mean to Toad about his bathing suit situation, but we were able to talk about each character's point of view, and that was valuable.
Elevetha
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read in its entirety while babysitting today.

The stories are short, sweet, full of dry humor, and relatable to adults, which makes them doubly good. Let it be said, never have I related to a picture book character more than I do to Toad.
aisu
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mvp
arnold has it out for me
Amanda - Cover2CoverMom
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
You can read all of my reviews on my book blog -> Cover2CoverMom Blog

Recommend to: younger children aged 4-7 years old; fans of animal stories

Themes: friendship

This collection of Frog and Toad stories was the perfect little book to dip our toes into listening to audiobooks together as a family.  Since my youngest is 5, I wanted to start with an audiobook that was short & very easy to follow.   I wanted to gauge how well she was able to listen to an audiobook & follow along with the story.

This bo
Andi
Dec 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Comedic gold for teaching English! Love these stories and I use them in my high school beginner's ESL class. :) ...more
Melissa Harper
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We keep coming back to these stories again and again. They are great to read together, and they are also great for early readers. Frog and Toad are favorite characters in our home.
Lyubina Yordanova
I'm happy! I just finished reading 'Frog and Toad: The Complete Collection'. It was amazing! The stories about the two best friends Frog and Toad are very simple, funny, surprising, wonderfully illustrated and full of fascinating insights.
This is one of those great books that I will reread and buy for friends and their children.

“Come back and wake me up.....half past May!

I cannot remember any of the things that were on my list of things to do. I will just have to sit here and do nothing,” said T
Claire Johnson
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-read-aloud
*update 2021*

Still a favorite!! 3 yo boy still asks for this all the time in the car. Kids still giggle. We also recently enjoyed using the hardback to help teach 5 yo to read. Would definitely recommend for beginner readers!

***

I can’t in good conscience finish 2019 without reviewing the Frog & Toad Audio collection...My kids are obsessed...all of them! (7, 4, 2). We have listened to this in the car more times than I can count and they giggle every. single. time.

I highly recommend to any pare
Joanie
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Everyone should read these stories. Doesn't matter if you grew up with them or not. I can't imagine not loving these.

That latest article at The New Yorker about Arnold Lobel hit me with such strong nostalgia (aka: tears in my eyes) that I went and got this collection. Slowly treasuring them and reading them all over again. Frog and Toad have the most wonderful relationship and all the best, silliest, warmest of adventures! The illustrations are adorable and honestly I still find myself giggling
Kristen
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great collection of stories for your children. We need to read the first four for our reading program from Memoria Press and when I saw our library had this treasury, I felt it would be perfect for our kids.

It took us a while to read all the stories included but they thoroughly enjoyed reading each tale together as read alouds. The stories also allow for a lots of discussion about the plot, grammar, and more!

I recommend checking it out with your children. It is a childhood classic!
Kirsti
I picked this up after reading a New York Times article about the author. What a heartwarming, charming, funny book. I don't think I would have liked it as a kid--I mostly was interested in stories with very colorful illustrations--but I love it now that I'm grown.

My favorite story was "Alone," the last one in the collection. It's a great idea to present to kids: that being alone can be a happy time.
SaraLaLa
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens, to-buy
Although Frog is much smarter than Toad, they are best friends. This collection holds many (maybe 16?) short stories of their adventures, discoveries, mistakes, and lessons. Each story is a wonderful mixture of cute, silly, and sweet. It's an excellent children's read and I aim to buy it for our home library. ...more
Gauri
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This a children's picture book series I found by chance when I was a teenager. It tells stories about a frog and a toad, one optimistic and one melancholy, supporting each other and loving each other despite their different temperaments. It is incredibly sweet. I fell in love with the characters and the art, and I decided I had to have a copy of my own. ...more
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a charming book for children. I find Frog and Toad's characters even more sympathetic as an adult than I did as a child. Frog and Toad are very innocent, yet they have grown-up problems, which they usually resolve by being supportive and steadfast friends to each other. ...more
Kaitlyn (ktxx22) Walker
I see completely why these stories are so many people’s favorites from childhood. I loved reading these to my son and I think he will enjoy them for many years! I loved the last story in this collection so HARD! And I’m glad it’s the last one in this book!
Jane
Apr 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-over-over
With James Marshall's George and Martha, Frog and Toad are the greatest of best friend duos in modern children's books. Not to be missed. ...more
Heather
Aug 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-with-luke
Luke and I finished reading the last of these stories last night. He really enjoyed them. I'm sure this is a collection we will come back to and enjoy again. ...more
Faiz Kermani
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Utter genius. I love frogs anyway, but these stories are all gems. Frog and Toad are timeless characters and re-reading their adventures makes me as happy as the first time I came across them.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Huntsville-Madiso...: Hoopla Pick - April 21 1 9 Apr 21, 2020 08:48AM

• James Herriot's Treasury for Children: Warm and Joyful Tales by the Author of All Creatures Great and Small
  • The Storm (The Lighthouse Family, #1)
  • The True Meaning of Smekday
  • Darius & Twig
  • Farm City: The Education of an Urban Farmer
  • EllRay Jakes Is Not a Chicken
  • Best Kept Secret
  • Nordic Tales: Folktales from Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, and Denmark
  • Roxaboxen
  • Elementary Geography: Full Illustrations & Study Guides!
  • Christmas in Silver Bell Falls (Silver Bell Falls, #1)
  • The Lifegiving Table: Nurturing Faith Through Feasting, One Meal at a Time
  • Secret Brother (Dollanganger #8)
  • Eugene Delacroix
  • Harleen
  • The Girls Weekend
  • I Walk with Vanessa: A Story about a Simple Act of Kindness
Arnold Stark Lobel was a popular American author of children's books. Among his most popular books are those of the Frog and Toad series, and Mouse Soup, which won the Garden State Children's Book Award from the New Jersey Library Association. ...more

Frog and Toad (5 books)
  • Frog and Toad Are Friends (Frog and Toad, #1)
  • Frog and Toad Together (Frog and Toad, #2)
  • Frog and Toad All Year (Frog and Toad, #3)
  • Days with Frog and Toad (Frog and Toad, #4)
  • The Frogs and Toads All Sang