Start by marking “Bedtime for Chickies” as Want to Read:
Bedtime for Chickies

Bedtime for Chickies

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  119 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Cheep cheep cheep! What does it take to get little Chickies to sleep? Meet the Chickies in their very first padded board book! With engaging rhymes, endearing illustrations, and a soft padded cover, these books are perfect for babies and toddlers to enjoy. Young readers will love to fall asleep along with the Chickies!
Board Book, 24 pages
Published January 28th 2014 by HarperFestival

To ask other readers questions about Bedtime for Chickies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bedtime for Chickies

The Library Lady
Oct 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
The ridiculous trend of making board books out of classic picture books annoys me. Do you really need a board book of The Snowy Day for your baby? And while I know that this format would keep your 2 year old from ripping it, the board book format is still a baby book format. And in the library that means it gets shelved separately from the hardcovers.

So here's an adorable series--and I'd love to read this one especially at story time for the 2 and up set, and even more so for my 3 and up group.
ItsAllAboutTheBooksChick
This was a cute book! IT is funny at the end. I think it would be fun to read this book to my baby cousin. It is nice and cute. I was reading it in the car to my mom and she likes the book to. THANK YOU
Eryn O'Shaughnessy
May 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
LOVE this book for my daughter. I read it to her all the time. It's one of the very few books she lets me read all the words before flipping the page. She's 17 months old. It's a very cute book.
Margaret Chind
These are cute, repetitive little padded board books full of silliness. At first glance I was concerned but after actually reading them I'm relieved and entertained (as are my girls!) If you get all three (recommended!) start with Pottytime for Chickies.

Pottytime for Chickies by Janee Trasler Bedtime for Chickies by Janee Trasler Dinnertime for Chickies by Janee Trasler

thanks to HC.
Tasha
Feb 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This pair of board books introduces three small chicks who have problems falling asleep and using the potty correctly. Trasler uses humor and other animals to make these books great fun to read. Her artwork is particularly child-friendly and the Chickies themselves are naughty and silly, in the just the way small children would appreciate.
Russell
Jul 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
The chickies are never satiated. The chickies have need after need.

This book teaches children how demanding they can be, when all their parents want to do is go to sleep already. But in an adorable manner.
Katie Newton
Oct 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Nice rhyming. Realistic depiction (no seeds-to-dinner-that-night nonsense like some of these books).
Mar 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: board
Very sweet and cute board book for little ones :)
Be sure to visit the website! http://www.chickiesbooks.com (I especially love the songs)
Walton
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adam
My two year old has this memorized. He loves it and all the chickie books. We call him to dinner and bed and anywhere else by saying, "Bedtime for Chickies!"
Britt, Book Habitue
Jul 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Copy received for review

This is one of my 19-month-old's absolute favorites right now. Everyone in the house has it memorized, lol.
Sarah Clark
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was just right for my 1.5 year old. She insisted on reading it over and over. I'm not wild about the illustrations, but I gotta say the cadence and rhyme of the text is catchy.
Mely
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
cute
xokaebee
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fé-s-faves, own
Rhyme time! This book is so apropos po for bedtime because you know your little nugget is not falling asleep anytime soon. Three month old Fé loves when Mommy or Daddy reads this book to her.
Leigh
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
Lazy. Even half asleep, my son was bored with this one.
Drew Graham
Sep 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
Sheep, Pig and Cow are ready to go to sleep, but the Chickies just aren't quite there yet.

This is a pretty funny and very relateable little story about bedtime. Anyone who has ever tried to put a toddler to bed will understand exactly the expressions on the faces of Sheep, Pig and Cow as they try to get those Chickies ready for bed. Short, sweet, funny and the illustrations are okay (apparently it's part of a series and based on puppets, so knowing that it makes a little more sense to me).
Adrienne
Laurie
rated it it was ok
Apr 15, 2014
Janee Trasler
Dec 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: wrote-it, childrens