Start by marking “The Cowboy of Valentine Valley (Valentine Valley, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Cowboy of Valentine Valley (Valentine Valley, #3)

The Cowboy of Valentine Valley

(Valentine Valley #3)

Ever since a heated late-night kiss—that absolutely should not have happened—cowboy Josh Thalberg makes former Hollywood bad girl Whitney Winslow's pulse beat faster. But when she decides to use his gorgeous leatherwork in her new upscale lingerie shop, Leather &
Published January 28th 2014 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about The Cowboy of Valentine Valley, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cowboy of Valentine Valley

Susan
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Very good story of opposites attracting. Whitney is a city girl who has overcome the objections of some of the townspeople to open her shop Leather and Lace. She is focused on getting the new store up and running, and trying not to be distracted by cowboy artist Josh. Josh has spent most of his life in Valentine Valley. He has his work on the family ranch and his leatherwork business to keep him busy.

Whitney comes from a wealthy family that is not very close. After being told by her father that
Michelle
Feb 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I jumped in to the Valentine Valley series with book three, The Cowboy of Valentine Valley, without having read any of the previous books so I’ll admit I did have some confusion. The hero and heroine, Josh and Whitney, were introduced earlier and the series and their HEA was built to conclude in this novel so not having the back ground I would have if I started at book one did hurt my enjoyment, I think. Outside of that, I loved the story of local boy Josh and Hollywood hottie Whitney both making their own w ...more
Ann Lorz
This is such a wonderful series. Each book makes me love the people of this town more and more. Josh is such a sexy man, you just want to take him home with you. He's also a good person who loves his family and friends. He's the perfect man for Whitney. She needs family in the worse way. You'll love the humor and love in this book. Can't wait for the next one.
Jessica
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The power to pick a book mid-series strikes again but looking at the library, they don't have the first two books so it looks like I start with #3. But anyway...
I really enjoyed this book. There were a lot of super adorable moments and it was nice not to have the usual equations that come with romance novels.
Debra McEathron
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this story it is part of a series. The characters in this one are a laid back cowboy/rancher/artist with leather and a lingerie store owner. The characters are believable and have their own strong beliefs about family, friends, and careers.
June
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Valentine Valley fans
Shelves: romance, adult
Whitney comes back to oversee the remodeling for her new store. Josh is determined to win her over. When she promises him a date for a sexy publicity photo unwanted fame follows.

Loved Josh's laid back character.
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
This sweet little romance is sure to leave your heart happy, Ms. Cane has outdone herself with this series!
Laurie
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the characters, but the story just wasn't as good as the previous books in this series.
Readerkuna1
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really this book. Whitney wants to open the her new store in Valentine Valley but some people don't like her lingerie.

Josh is going to made her necklaces and collars in leather. She becomes his agent for his leather goods. He makes leather shoulder bags and is getting notice for his leather works but also for his looks as he posed for photos.

I like their relationship. They take it slow and overcome their pasts. They find their love in spite of her family.
She wants
Stasy H
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, romance
Decent story, but it all wrapped up in about three pages, which makes for a bad ending.
Sandy S

THE COWBOY OF VALENTINE VALLEY (Valentine Valley #3) by Emma Cane

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date January 28, 2014

Welcome to Valentine Valley, where the cowboys have many talents and love is waiting around every corner . . .

Lover of Romance
The Cowboy of Valentine Valley is the third installment of the Valentine Valley series. Now this is a new author for me, and I am really starting to like her writing. I tend to be picky about contemporaries, but throw a sexy cowboy in the mix, and I am hooked. Although after reading this one, made me wish I had read the second book. I wasn't too lost but as I was reading this story, I felt like it would be a advantage to read this series in order. However despite all that, I found this story to ...more
Colleen Oppenheim
Mar 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 STARS

*This book was given to me for a fair and honest review*

Whitney and Josh heat up the pages of The Cowboy of Valentine Valley!

After sharing a steamy kiss months before, Josh and Whitney come face to face yet again in Valentine Valley. Whitney is trying desperately to keep things all business with she and Josh, but he has other ideas…..

Wow! What a steamy couple! The chemistry between Josh and Whitney threatened to burn up the pages as I r
Sharon Redfern
Jan 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This has been such a fun series to read! In this latest book, Josh Thalberg meets Whitney Winslow when she decides to feature some of his leather work in her new store. Whitney has had problems in Valentine because her shop is an upscale lingerie store and that rubbed some of the older residents the wrong way. Whitney has worked her way from "Wild Whitney", a party girl, to a respected businesswoman. When she meets Josh and decides to help him negotiate a new sale with another store, she starts ...more
Cocktails and Books
3.5 Cocktails

I began Cane's series a little backwards-I read #4 first and then The Cowboy of Valentine Valley (#3) second. Once again, I did not feel as though I was missing anything. Emma Crane is able to tell the story in such a way that the reader becomes immediately familiar with the Valentine Valley natives and all of their family members and connections.

In this story, Josh Thalberg ( the cowboy--SWOON...) and his family have been well established in Valentine Valley
Gina Marie
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As always, another zinger from Emma Cane! OH my Gosh, the part in the pasture where Josh and Whitney move the herds? HOT!!! I loved Josh, just as sexy as his brother Nate, and I thought it ironic that he was all concerned over Nate spreading himself thin in the first book when the tables turned in The Cowboy of VV and HE was overwhelming himself. I loved the church festival and Ferris ride. The widows antics crack me up. Whitney was different from the other girls this far, very clear in her sedu ...more
Melinda
Aug 22, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I'm beginning to like this series more and more. It's still not my usual book and while I understand the appeal of the cowboy aspect for heterosexual women, it's completely lost on my queer self. What I do appreciate is the emotions that Emma Cane pulls from the hero and the heroine. And those Grandmas are a hoot. I love that they are so involved in the community and that they are valued members of that community even if they are busybodies.

I really liked Josh. He was fun, patient, and easygoin
Betty
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whitney Winslow is back in Valentine Valley to set up her third store. She was originally turned down by the city counsel but somehow was able to obtain their permission. Unfortunately, she made a pass at Josh Thalberg who turned her down flat. She felt humiliated since she had never been rejectd before and left town. Eight months passed and she is finally back to pick out a property, get it ready, and open her store.
When she runs into Josh Thalberg her hormones go into hyper-drive. She
Sassy Moms Say Read Romance
Thanks to Tasty Book Tours and Emma Cane for the opportunity to read these two great stories. I truly enjoyed these two stories and can't wait to read the other books in the series.
The Cowboy of Valentine Valley:
Whitney came to Valentine to open a new store, she faced opposition, but Josh's support and agreement to make pieces for her store creates a business relationship. Whitney makes a pass at Josh eight months earlier, she leaves town and wonders if she hurt the new business agreement. Whe
J. Rowan
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wanted a long time for the next installment in the Valentine Valley series, and reading this book was like a visit with old friends.

For much of the first two books, I sort of viewed Josh as sort of the goofy, often irresponsible younger brother, but he definitely comes into his own. So far Adam is still my favorite Valentine hero, but Josh is right up there. The heat between him and Whitney is palpable from the first pages, and I love how Cane portrays Whitney as a capable, smart b
Gail
Sweet small-town romance. Heroine is the owner of a lingerie store she's trying to expand into a third location. Hero is a rancher and leather artist in the town where she wants to expand. She's already put the moves on him-- kissed him anyway, but he backed off because she was a little too tipsy. Now she wants to be strictly professional. But he and the other folks in town have other ideas. She helps him negotiate with a store owner to sell handbags, the store owner wants to take pictures of th ...more
Laura Benn
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great story about how opposites attract, and maybe they're not so different after all. I usually like to start at the beginning with a series, but I'm glad I jumped right into this one. The characters are all very likeable and the plot status interesting throughout. I'm glad that not every secret or issue was a fight between the main characters. They behaved like reasonable adults, for the most part, just like people in meal life do, for the most part. I looked the setting of Valentin ...more
Sarah Haunani
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was very touching with the vision, patients and focus of each other's feelings that gradually grew into forever true love. I also liked your detailed description of the interior and exterior of each house, restaurants, bars, ranch, cattle dogs, the horses, the fountains with it's steam. Oh well... I could easily picture every thing in your stories. The vision of the beautiful mountains from a distance. I truly enjoyed this book.
Valentine Valley is a wonderful series.
Bette Hansen
Jun 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this one! Josh Thalberg is laid back, confident, talented and sexy as hell. When Whitney Winslow returns to Valentine Valley to get her new Leather and Lace location up and running Josh knows this may be his one chance to turn that amazing kiss they shared into something more. This is a great small town romance series and this book is a great one in the series. I definitely recommend it.
Aleksandra Branka
Happy ever after, again

Happy ever after, again

I'm just a sucker for stories that end good. This one certainly does and I love it. Lovely easy reading. So relaxing and believable. Cannot wait for her next book. To all of you that like entertaining books, just grab it, read it and enjoy it. Or should I say - download it and enjoy it. Have good time doing it just like I did.y
Elizabeth
May 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first Valentine Valley book that I've read and I enjoyed it, but had a little trouble getting into the story of Whitney and Josh. While the book works as a stand alone, it is obviously part of a series and the reader would most likely benefit from ready the prior two books first. There are a large number of secondary characters in the story and they add a great deal of color and depth, but it's almost too many people to keep track of without having read the previous stories.
Jan Mcleod
Mar 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is Josh and Whitney's story. She is in Valentine Valley to set up a new business, though there are a few people who are drastically opposed to her business. She and josh are getting to know each other better, in spite of his sudden "celebrity status", when things are further complicated by Whitney's rich, self-centered family who only want to use her and collapse all her dreams.
Michelle (Undeniably Book Nerdy)
More like 3.5/5 stars. I like small town romances and this one was a cute read. The beginning felt slow with no real plot but the characters were likable, though nothing to really distinguish them from other characters in the genre. Josh was a sweet guy but little too perfect for my taste. Ultimately, it was a fun weekend read.
Eileen
Jun 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nook
So good to see Josh the youngest of the Thalberg's get his story. He has wanted Whitley and did the quiet, stealth thing and slowly got her attention. Just like a slow burn building until they finally ignited on the mountain. that was a great scene. I've enjoyed the Widows and seeing Nate, Emily, Brooke and Adam again. A really good series.
Denise
Feb 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
put the next one on my 'to read' list.

• Something Sweeter (Sweet, Texas, #3)
  • The Christmas Cookie Collection (Twilight, Texas, #4.1)
  • How to Handle a Cowboy (Cowboys of Decker Ranch, #1)
  • Cowboy Take Me Away (Rainbow Valley, #1)
  • If You Only Knew (Trust No One, #3)
  • Sinful Rewards 2
  • The Bride Wore Starlight (Seven Brides for Seven Cowboys, #3)
  • Beauty & the Biker (Impossible Dream, #1)
  • Melting into You (Sweet Home Alabama, #3)
  • Going Home (Nugget, #1)
  • Playing for Keeps (Cricket Creek, #1)
  • That Chesapeake Summer (Chesapeake Diaries, #9)
  • A Reason to Love (Snowberry Creek, #3)
  • For the Longest Time (Harvest Cove, #1)
  • Jesse  (The Secret Life of Cowboys, #3)
Emma Cane grew up reading and soon discovered that she liked to write passionate stories of teenagers in space. Her love of “passionate stories” has never gone away, although today she concentrates on the heartwarming characters of Valentine Valley, her fictional small town in the Colorado Rockies.

Now that her three children are grown, Emma loves spending time crocheting and singing (although not

Valentine Valley (6 books)
  • A Town Called Valentine (Valentine Valley #1)
  • True Love at Silver Creek Ranch (Valentine Valley, #2)
  • A Promise at Bluebell Hill (Valentine Valley, #4)
  • Sleigh Bells in Valentine Valley (Valentine Valley, #5)
  • Ever After at Sweetheart Ranch (Valentine Valley, #6)