Start by marking “Somebody to Love” as Want to Read:
Somebody to Love

Somebody to Love (Cupid, Texas #3)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  895 Ratings  ·  139 Reviews
New York Times bestselling author Lori Wilde invites you back to Cupid, Texas, where love is only a heartbeat away . . .

Sexy cowboy-scholar Jericho Chance always knows exactly what he wants and how to get it. And after sauntering back home to Cupid, he’s shocked to discover that he wants Zoe McCleary. After years from home, he takes one new look at his bubbly best friend,
Published December 31st 2013 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Somebody to Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Somebody to Love

Julie Barrett
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Somebody to Love by Lori Wilde
Walter McCleary has gotten his book about the town of Cupid, TX on the bestseller list and now there is talk of making a movie.
Zoey and her sister Natalie were raised by other relatives in town when their parents had died. Now that Zoey is 24 the woman talk of everything she's ever done growing up and just know that taking care of a cat is something she will also lose interest in.
Her best friend Jericho part Indian has just broken up with his latest and they are bes
Susan
Jun 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Very good book. Jericho has returned to Cupid to apply for his dream job at a local university. He ran into some trouble during his last job and he needs this one to help repair his reputation. He's happy to see his best friend Zoe, but something has changed in the way he looks at her. Zoe has always been a free spirit, bouncing from thing to thing and man to man, and Jericho has been the one constant in her life. Her feelings for him have been changing, but she's not sure she wants to risk thei ...more
Mary - Buried Under Romance
This is my first book by Lori Wilde, and I definitely want to get to know the other cowboys from Cupid as well. As a fan of the friends-to-lovers trope, I enjoyed every step of Zoe and Jericho's path to a happily-ever-after -- from Zoe's frightful realization of having fallen in love with her best friend, to Jericho's determination to keep Zoe in her rightful place by his side, every scene was fun and interesting to read.

The plot is as it is in the blurb, but the magic is in reuniting two frien
Kathleen
Jun 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When Jericho Chance finds his best friend Zoey under the hood of her van, he's not feeling those feelings of their long friendship, but he is hit with pangs of passion he now knows that he can't hide any longer. He must tell her how he feels, but Zoey is battling her own feelings of passion and love for her BFF and wants to have a life that she has been dreaming of, only she just realizes what she wants.
Now when they have brought this passion for one another into the open, road blocks go up all
Gail
Jan 04, 2014 rated it liked it
I was sent this book by the author for my honest review. I had a hard time getting into this book. I usually love all of Lori Wilde's books but for me this book wouldn't hold my interest. It is a friends to lover story and I did love the ending. Maybe it is because I find archeology boring and I had problems getting thru the book this time.
Mandy
3.5 very fun stars!
This is a fun and lighthearted friends to lovers story. There was a mystery aspect to it with a heavy dose of archaeology thrown in! I enjoyed the build up between Jericho and Zoey, they have been lifelong friends and Zoey loved Jericho for awhile. Jericho has finally realized he wants Zoey as more than a friend. Reading about them trying to dance around their feelings for each other was entertaining.
Review on blog 1/16/14

Straight Shootin' Book Reviews
Copy for review provided
Ann Lorz
Dec 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is another heartwarming story from Lori Wilde. She brings you back to Cupid Texas and this time we get to learn so much more about Zoey McCleary. In the past books you see how her family really feels like she needs to grow up but I don't really thing they knew the real Zoey. They took her at face value and never looked deeper. Jericho Chance is the right guys for her. He sees the real Zoey. They are the perfect example of opposites attract. This is the perfect books to curl up with on these ...more
Monique Pearson
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my favorite so far in this series. I love the personalities and the mystery. I hope there's more about these two mentioned in future stories!
Lover of Romance
Jericho and Zoe have been best friends since they were children, but when Jericho comes back to town for a job, things start to escalate more than friendship. The last thing that Jericho wishes to do is ruin their friendship, but for quite some time he has been in love with Zoe. Zoe has decided that after having multiple career changes, she has finally decided on being a Archaeologist. However the guardian in charge of her trust fund has told her she can't just quit, she has to see it through. I ...more
Julie
Somebody to Love by Lori Wilde is a December 2013 Avon publishing release. I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher and Edelweiss and Lori's Review Crew in exchange for an honest review.

Cupid is town steeped in romantic legends. Zoey and Jericho have grown up together. Jericho is a few years old than Zoey, making it easy to maintain a platonic friendship all these years. However, the two had a moment when the scales might have tipped in the other direction. They righted themselves and
Blushing Reader

★ ★ ★

Sizzling Heat!

**You can read Somebody to Love as a stand alone book an enjoy the story without feeling like you are missing anything. Lori Wilde does a great job making the reader feel right at home in Cupid. You don't NEED to read the other books in the series, but it would probably be a great visit back to Cupid, Texas when you have time.**

Somebody to Love was another sweet addition to the Cupid, Texas series. Jericho and Zoey's story was like reading Indiana Jones if Indiana Jones was
Margaret
Jan 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Zoey has never been committed to anything. She always gave up or quit things that never held her interest. She was what people would call a “free bird”. Jericho is her best friend, and someone she has always had constant in her life. He was the one person who was always there for her when she needed hm. When he came back to town it was for good. Zoey was told that she needed to get her life in order. So she decided to continue her education, that also meant being with Jericho as her teacher.
J
Book Junky Girls
4.5 Stars
Jericho is back in town trying to get his dream job at the college, what he wasn't expecting was the feelings he's has supressed for his best friend for years to boil over and make themselves knows like never before.

Zoey is considered flakey, just because she can't decide on a career, or a boyfriend. Growing up in Cupid she belived her love would be instant and at first sight not come creaping for her best friend. But now is their time to maybe see where things are going. Right? With h
Renee Entress from Renee Entress's Blog
My Review:
5.0 Star Review - Somebody To Love

I recommend this book.

I enjoyed this book by Lori. This book sweet romance, laughs, heartache, and mystery.

Jericho is back in town after being away for three years. He has missed his best friend Zoe while he was gone. They kept in touch but it's just not the same as seeing her in person.

Zoe has feelings for Jericho ever since she can remember but knows that he just wants to be friends after one night when she kissed him and he didn't kiss her back.

Whe
Jen
Jan 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, owned
I love Lori's Cupid, Texas books!

This is the story of Jericho and Zoey, best friends since childhood, discovering they have feelings for each other.

In the beginning, both Jericho and Zoey keep their romantic feelings for each other a secret fearing they might ruin their friendship. Once they let each other know that they want to be more than friends, Jericho starts a teaching position at the local university. Zoey has to take his class in order to continue with her archeology studies. They dec
The Window Seat
I have never read Lori Wilde before and this is the third installment of the series. I enjoyed this heartwarming story and I always love the friends who turn into more story lines. However, I did feel like I was missing something by not reading the first two in the series. Even though I felt a bit lost in the beginning I can’t wait to read more of this series.

Zoey McCleary and Jericho Chance have been friends since childhood. Even though he was four years older than her they have been best frien
Lisa Filipe
Is it only me...or does the Cupide Texas Series just keep getting better and better!?

Firstly, can we just say...Hellloooooo Jericho!! As a huge fan of "Friends to Lovers" romances, and a HUGE fan of Lori Wilde romances (after the Jubilee Texas Series, which I am currently re-reading my love Joe Daniels in THE COWBOY TAKES A BRIDE), I absolutely enjoyed every moment of SOMEBODY TO LOVE, book three in the Cupid, Texas Series.

The suspense aspect was a fun addition to the story and certainly keeps
Sharlene
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was done in my favorite trope - friends to lovers. Flighty Zoey, the sister of Natalie from All Out of Love, and her "best friend" Jericho, reunite after a few years. They have been friends since childhood, and obviously the attraction has been there, but they have been afraid to act on it. Now, they are in temporary position of professor & student, and Jericho's job is on the line if they get involved. Jericho is supervising an archeological dig with Zoey other students. Besides t ...more
Bette Hansen
Dec 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We are back in Cupid, Texas in this adventure packed story! Zoey and lifelong best friend Jericho are working together on an archaeological dig. This is a fun story packed full of adventure and mystery and of course romance. Great characters and a fast paced story make this one a must read.
Dee
Two-haiku review:

She's young and flighty
They've been best friends forever
Now want each other

I skimmed through a lot
Archaeological stuff
And too much thinking
Barb
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sexy cowboy-scholar Jericho Chance always knows exactly what he wants and how to get it. And after sauntering back home to Cupid, he’s shocked to discover that he wants Zoey McCleary. After years from home, he takes one new look at his bubbly best friend, with her lightning smarts and luscious body, and it hits him like a bolt: she’s his somebody to love and he’s not leaving town again without her. Settling down always seemed like a time waster to Zoey, a man magnet with a trail of broken hearts ...more
Marcy
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Readerkuna1
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This a good book. I love the characters. Jericho is a professor who wants a job at the local school and work on a dig.

Zoey is a girl he has known almost all his life. She works on the dig too.

She makes a mistake and works where she is not suppose to. Then things start happening. One guy gets hurt and items they found are stolen.

But when they come across the Golden Flame. A plant the has properties that can heal, she gets into trouble and Jericho save her.

They find out the their ancestors were lo
Leslie
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At first I thought, “archeology? No way will I get into this book!” Let’s just say I was wrong. I am still new to Wilde’s writing, but as this is book #3 in the Cupid, Texas series, so far it is my favorite! I really enjoyed the touch of suspense thrown in.
Molfry
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I think the book had an interesting plot theme, but I found it a bit more explicit than I care to listen to in an audio book.
Emily S.
Meh. The only interesting thing about this was the archaeology.
Sara Stetz
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sue
Jan 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Somebody to Love, Lori Wilde takes us back to Cupid, Texas...the land of legends and love.

Zoey and Jericho have been friends almost forever. But somewhere along the way, Zoey's feeling took a very unfriendship like turn and she started to feel a lot more for Jericho. When she tested the waters with a midnight kiss and he showed no interest, they brushed Zoey's transgression off and remained true to their friendship, even after Jericho left Cupid to go to university else where.

Now Jericho is b
Crystal
Jan 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have had the pleasure of reading every book in the Cupid, Texas series so far. Lori Wilde has written yet another fabulous book that kept me completely captivated from the first page to the last. I am a fan of Ms. Wilde's work and it is always a pleasure to learn she has a new book out. When I opened Somebody to Love I expected to read a great story and I certainly was not disappointed!

In this book I got the chance to read Zoey's story. After meeting Zoey in the past books it was a lot of fun
Katrina Epperson
Jan 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jericho Chance and Zoey McCleary have known each other since they were children and are best friends. Jerricho is back in town for an interview for a position at the Center for Big Bend Studies. With little money and a cloud hanging over his reputation, he hope to be able to secure employment. The first person he runs into is the last person he expects, Zoey McCleary. She has been apart of his life since he was 8 years old and his parents left him with Grandpa Joe to go to China as missionaries. ...more
  • The Bride Wore Starlight (Seven Brides for Seven Cowboys, #3)
  • A Promise at Bluebell Hill (Valentine Valley, #4)
  • Sweetest Mistake (Sweet, Texas, #2)
  • Catching Cameron (Love and Football, #3)
  • Sinful Rewards 6: A Billionaires and Bikers Novella
  • Desperately Seeking Fireman (The Bachelor Firemen of San Gabriel, #4.5)
  • A Match Made in Texas (Deep in the Heart of Texas, #6)
  • The Wedding Gift (Save the Date, #3.5)
  • Daring Miss Danvers (Wallflower Weddings, #1)
  • You're Still the One (Ribbon Ridge, #6)
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
  • If You Only Knew (Trust No One, #3)
  • Blame It On Texas (Hotter In Texas #2)
  • Perfect Together (Serendipity's Finest, #3)
  • In the Mood for Love (Cupcake Lovers, #4)
  • Santa, Bring My Baby Back
Lori Wilde can’t remember a time when she didn’t want to write. She even went to nursing school so she could have a schedule flexible enough to allow her to write on the side. She nursed for 20 years, working in a variety of settings from the newborn nursery to the recovery room, to dialysis. But she never lost her desire to write.

She sold her first book in 1994 to Silhouette Romance but later dis
More about Lori Wilde...

Cupid, Texas (6 books)
  • Love at First Sight (Cupid, Texas, #1)
  • All Out of Love (Cupid, Texas, #2)
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Million Dollar Cowboy (Cupid, Texas #5)
  • How the Cowboy Was Won
“What scale do you rate them on?” “I don’t rate my lovers at all. Do you?” “You mean other than small, medium, and large?” she quipped.” 1 likes
“Hurry and ketchup, tomato.” 1 likes