Start by marking “Pete the Cat: Big Easter Adventure” as Want to Read:
Pete the Cat: Big Easter Adventure

Pete the Cat: Big Easter Adventure

(Pete the Cat)

#1 New York Times bestseller!

Author and artist James Dean brings us along for a hippity-hoppity Easter adventure with the coolest cat around—Pete!

Pete jumps in to help the Easter Bunny in Pete the Cat: Big Easter Adventure—which comes complete with a poster, stickers, and a set of punch-out card.

When Pete wakes up Easter morning, ready to check out his basket of goodies, h
Published January 28th 2014 by HarperFestival

To ask other readers questions about Pete the Cat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pete the Cat

Start your review of Pete the Cat: Big Easter Adventure
Angie
Mar 18, 2014 rated it did not like it
Why do I keep reading this Pete the Cat spin-off books? I guess I'm just really hoping for a decent one I can use in storytime. This wasn't it. I give up on this new series. And "Helping other out" is not what Easter is all about, Pete.
Abigail
Mar 22, 2019 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Determined Pete the Cat Fans
Pete the Cat is excited for the treats he thinks he will find in his Easter basket, only to discover a letter from the Easter Bunny on the big morning, asking for his help in making, decorating and hiding the festive eggs. Always upbeat, Pete kicks into gear, helping the holiday bunny in his trouble...

Much as with Pete the Cat: The Great Leprechaun Chase , I found myself singularly unimpressed with this Easter offering. I've read all of the full-sized Pete the Cat picture-books, and a smatter
Samantha
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
The Easter Bunny enlists Pete's help in gathering, decorating, and hiding eggs. Pete comes through for him and even dons some rabbit-inspired apparel in the process.

The story is good from the standpoint that during the holiday season it's fun to read about activities people perform to celebrate the occasion, but there's not much going on in this story. There's no reason why the Easter Bunny needed Pete's help and not really any problems or drama with Pete following through with what was request
Marta Timbrook
Apr 14, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: picture-books
Sadly, the Pete books keep going downhill. Kimberly Dean has big shoes to fill, and sadly, she hasn't captured the voice of Pete that was so fun to share at story time.

Most children will still be excited to see James Dean's charming illustrations and possible make a personal connection with Pete since many will share the same holiday traditions their favorite character experiences in this book, so it isn't a total loss. However if you are looking for a great story about Easter, I'd keep looking
Jessica
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: week-3
As a reading response activity the students will make and decorate their own Easter eggs. For this activity the children will use paints. I will model different designs that they can put on their eggs to help them with ideas. Then I will encourage them to make patterns with the designs that they choose. I will have a large single oval egg for each student and when finished will display their creations on a bulletin board with a patch of grass scenery.
Katelyn
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the book. First, Pete the cat waits for his Easter basket, but the basket is empty except a note. Easter bunny asked Pete to help. Pete pretends to be bunny and prepare the eggs. At the end, Pete is tired but he feels happy to help others.
Joe Loncarich
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Can you imagine a cat wearing bunny ears? Pretty funny, right? Well, this book is somehow even funnier. You won't believe how far they go. Expect to shout, "Oh, no he didn't!" at least a half dozen times.
Katy
Jun 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
PLEASE BRING BACK ERIC LITWIN!!

this book is such a great example of how hard it is to write a good picture book. I think it meets all of the requirements (rhyming, basic repetition, etc), but it is just so awful! The rhymes don't really work and the one joke (pete dressed as the Easter bunny) isn't funny because they keep telling you it's supposed the be funny. Also, unlike in Pete the Cat Saves Christmas (where Pete takes over for Santa) we never learn why the lazy Easter Bunny doesn't show, wh
Alice
Feb 18, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

I love most of the Pete the Cat Books. This is a fun one but doesn't have the fun and rhythm and fun of the "White Shoes", And "Buttons" book. It was still fun and I enjoyed it!
Lisa
Mar 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: easy
Doesn't live up to the mega-hits but still a nice book to add to your easter collection.
Juliette
Apr 18, 2014 added it
Shelves: library, read-to
Easter story time and egg hunt at the library! So fun!
Cheyenne Long
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: popular-series
I love "Pete the Cat" books, and this is not exception! This book is witty and great to use with young readers. The text is poetic and uses rhyme to contribute to a nice flow while reading and is intertwined well with the illustrations. There are times when the illustrations contribute to the text more than others. Some examples are when Pete reads the letter from the Easter Bunny and is instructed to "wear these" then we see the bunny ears on the table. Another time when this is true is when Pe ...more
Cynda
(Audiobook)
Recently I read nine (yep 9) Pete the Cat books. These books are perfect for grands and great-grands to read with young children. The underlying value system seems to be of the 1960s-70s.

I selected the audiobook rather than the picture book. Thought I would be disappointed. Instead I was well pleased. The narrator impressed me. Rarely does anyone--even with a computerized aid--have such air and volume command as this extremely young man Teddy Walsh. I hope as his voice changes that h
Mary
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pete the Cat wakes up on Easter, eager to see what's in his basket. It's a note from the Easter Bunny, asking for help! Pete gathers eggs, colors them, and hides them for his friends. He's tired, but realizes that doing something nice for his friends was just as good as a basket full of jelly beans would have been.

Super cute, with Pete hopping around town in a bunny costume. Kids will giggle and enjoy this one.
Ike
Apr 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-books
Pete the Cat is one of my Grandson's favorite books. He is on the autism spectrum and has difficulty with reading, but derives great enjoyment from the Pete the Cat series. Saw this one in a story and picked it up for him as an Easter present. Part of the excitement came when he found out that it had a poster included in it to display in his room. Well illustrated and well written, for my family a proven winner!
Becky
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
The only reason it doesn't get one star is because it didn't make me rage, but it sure was dumb. There's no substance to this at all. It tries to have the message of "helping others is what Easter's all about," but that is indeed not what Easter is all about... so that's misleading. It'll check out from your library, but you won't feel good about it. Pick another Easter book to purchase.
Diane
May 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: William Schultz
This is a cute book in the series. The only thing that really bothered me was it saying .... The true meaning of Easter is helping each other. Even if they don't use the Christian meaning, I've heard the alternate being Spring and rebirth. I just don't see where they got this concept and then teach it to kids.
Annie Payne
May 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Same lyrical Pete the Cat style, but not my favorite of this series. The kids enjoyed "hunting" for the Easter eggs on each page, but that was probably the best part. None of us was interested in the story line much.
Mosley Allen
Jul 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: children
Pete the cat gets to help out his friend the Easter Bunny. My kid was kind of left questioning why the Easter Bunny suddenly couldn't do his job so Pete had to lol.
April Jordan
IT WAS OKAY

I liked the colors but in the middle of the book it randomly started rhyming. Plus the book repeated it self multiple times.
Heather Moss
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read with a moral

It did the job. My daughter enjoyed it and asked for more when it was through. She has started asking for Petey's story every night before bed.
Adam Gutschenritter
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
Read to me by my daughter, it was great!
Camille
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pete’s Easter

I liked this book because it shows you should help each other even if it is not the Easter bunny and I would do the same thing Pete did

Marta Pereira
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
not my favourite in the series
Seth
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-ish
I love Pete the Cat. He's such a good, wholesome, character and I LOVE reading his stories and watching his videos with kids. It's any easy and fun way to connect with them!
Misbah
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Pete the Cat decorates eggs after getting a letter from the Easter bunny for help with gathering Easter eggs.
Kathryn
Apr 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-read
Fun read
Anthony
Pete the Cat assists the Easter Bunny in his time of need. Even dressed as a bunny; Pete the Cat is still the coolest of the cool!
Lucca
Mar 18, 2020 rated it liked it
A great adventure with our favorite literature kitty.
Jeanne Castagnaro
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My son loves this book! He loves to decorate and dress up for holidays. A perfect complement to Easter.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Pete's Big Lunch (Pete the Cat: I Can Read)
  • Pete the Cat: Pete at the Beach
  • Pete the Cat's Train Trip
  • Pete the Cat: Sir Pete the Brave (My First I Can Read)
  • Pete the Kitty's First Day of Preschool
  • Pete the Cat and the Bad Banana
  • Pete the Cat: A Pet for Pete
  • Dragons Love Tacos
  • The Girl Who Never Made Mistakes
  • Pete the Cat and the Cool Caterpillar
  • Pete the Kitty Goes to the Doctor (My First I Can Read)
  • Pete the Cat and the Surprise Teacher
  • Shark Lady: The True Story of How Eugenie Clark Became the Ocean's Most Fearless Scientist
  • Scaredy Squirrel Makes a Friend
  • Penguin Problems
  • Pete the Cat's Trip to the Supermarket
  • Play Ball! (Pete the Cat: I Can Read)
  • Stick and Stone

Pete the Cat (1 - 10 of 46 books)
  • Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes