Start by marking “Biscuit Loves the Library” as Want to Read:
Biscuit Loves the Library

Biscuit Loves the Library

(Biscuit)

For fans of Clifford and Spot, welcome everybodys favorite little yellow puppy, Biscuit, in an I Can Read adventure!

Woof, woof! Its a very special day at the library, Biscuit!

Published February 18th 2014 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Biscuit Loves the Library, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Biscuit Loves the Library

Start your review of Biscuit Loves the Library
Kimberly
I would like to work in a library that allows puppies, please.

Disclaimer: I would like to not be responsible for cleaning up after the puppies, please. Just snuggling them.
Emily (Obsessed Reader)
Oct 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
So cute and fun for kiddies!
Andrew
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I like the library too!😊😁
Courtney
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Now, I don't know about anyone else, but my children LOVE the library; however, I can absolutely say with certainty that they would love it even more if there was a puppy there to play with.

"Biscuit Love the Library" is completely adorable, with a tale about children being able to take there pets to the Library so that they can read to them their favorite stories. This little puppy tend to find himself in some sticky situations, but everything always seems to work out for the best in the end.
Meg McGregor
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lexi-victoria
Well, let's see...

We all love Biscuit!!!!

We all love the library and go at least once a week!!

We all really liked how Biscuit found books about himself to read!!

We all want to get a puppy like Biscuit!

Such a sweet story; and a very clever way for your little ones to learn about all the great books, magazines, movies, computers, etc. the library has to offer!
Kathryn Bergeron
Summary: Biscuit goes to the library!

Why I Read This: It appeared on one of my "best of" lists.

Review: I always liked the idea of biscuit because he's an adorable dog that reminds me of my adorable dogs. This was my first time actually reading a biscuit book, and it was pretty good: simple and clear with good illustrations. I'd definitely recommend it.
Arwen
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
OK I have to change my mind Biscuit Goes to School, it is no longer my favorite. Biscuit loves the library has taken first place, because we love the library too! And I love the "perfect book" Biscuit finds. Plus it's at the right level for the 6 year old Little Bug to read by herself.
Rachel B.
Jun 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute moment(s): My preschooler asks, "Why is Biscuit reading his own book at the library?" ... and then asks it again every time the cover of this book shows up in the illustrations. Since the story never explicitly addresses the paradox, it was fun to work at explaining it to a four-year-old.
Tessa Wells
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was such a fun and cute book! I think any kiddo reading it would love it. I hope when children read this book it will encourage them to go to their public library. Any child that loves puppies will sure love to read this book. I love that their is a whole series!
Hααlεч ♥ Fιѕнεя
Good repetition for first-readers. Not enough substance for older readers; Still good for little ones.
Mister David
Aug 31, 2018 rated it liked it
I'm not a big fan of the Biscuit books, but I know children who are!
Cara
Biscuit goes to the library with his owner because the library was hosting a 'bring your pet day'. He explored the library before picking out a book about himself.
Ryan
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ryan-s-shelf-2-3
Simple, clear illustrations that stay in time with the text. Repetitive text and easy to pick up for an early reader.
Stephanie
BV Library checkout - first to herself, then to me.
Jeremy
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good Book
April Rogers
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Who doesn't love the library?! Biscuit finds the perfect book for him.
Lia Keriotis
Easy to understand, illustration kept in time with the text so you could see what was happening as you read the story.
Pam ☼Because Someone Must Be a Thorn☼ Tee
~ borrowed from Library

BISCUIT LOVES THE LIBRARY is at the early First Grade Reading Level. There are 137 words.

"It's Read to a Pet Day!" So girl and Biscuit are off to the library. The library environment is shown as well as other animals that can be pets. It's hard for me not to like this book as it is so Library Friendly.

Besides doing it's service as a primer for newish readers, this book can be used with younger children to show them what to expect when they visit a library. In the artwork
Caryn Caldwell
May 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: early-readers
It's Read to a Pet Day at the library, and Biscuit and his girl are attending. Together they explore the children's area, looking at books on topics ranging from bunnies to bears to dinosaurs, listening to the audio books, and playing with the puppets. But when they find a cozy spot to read, surrounded by all the other pets and pet owners, their day is made.

Biscuit Loves the Library is a positive introduction to some of the services offered at libraries, and Biscuit's enthusiasm may help
Katelyn Agnone
I thought this book, Biscuit loves the library, was simple and sweet. The book only had a few words or sentences on each page, making this a pretty quick read and simple for new readers. I like that this is a great book for new readers because it shows most aspects of the library and how great they can be. The illustrations were clear, colorful, and straightforward pictures of what a library looks like. I think that incorporating animals into the book makes it even more attractive to children ...more
Angie
Feb 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Synopsis: "It's Read to a Pet Day at the library! There are so many fun things to see and do! Biscuit plays with story-time puppets, visits with friends, and listens to recorded books. Before he goes, a librarian helps him find the activity that he loves most of all.

Biscuit Loves the Library is a My First I Can Read book, which means it's perfect for shared reading with a child. The easy-to-read, joyful tale of Biscuiteveryone's favorite little yellow puppywill help cultivate a love of books and
Nick
Nov 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is perhaps the cutest of the series to date, because it is so firmly based in reality.
Biscuit is being taken to the library, which is having a "Read to Your Pet" event. Our own library has a program called "Barks and Books," in which kids can read to a dog. It turns out that dogs are really good listeners, and rarely dispute the contents of the book or the style of the story.
In any case, this book is a good primer on what a library can be like, as Biscuit sees his surroundings with the
Erik This Kid Reviews Books
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a review done my my little sister Josie. :)

I like that the library in his book has read to a pet day. We are allowed to bring our dog on our bookmobile. The librarians Miss Lydia and Miss Kara give our dog Clyde biscuits on the bookmobile. I think it is funny that in this book biscuit finds his book at the library to read. The words in the book are really simple and I think little kids who are just learning to read will love this book. I liked finding all the pets in the pictures. I like
**✿❀ Maki ❀✿**
Another acquisition for the month of present-giving to my daughter that is December.

Biscuit Loves the Library is cute, and will hopefully manage to keep her attention as I use it as a tool to ply her with knowledge. Biscuit should at least keep her amused. He's cute and fluffy.

And meta, too! Keep breaking that fourth wall, Biscuit.
Christina Swain
Sep 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
As a beginner readers book, I like the settings that Capucilli chooses in this series. It helps students identify with some of the things that they do in their own life. For example, in this story, Biscuit goes to the library and is able to participate in the many activities that children do today in children's libraries. I would use this story to help students apply text to self.
Rosa Cline
Feb 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids, 2016, 2020
Biscuit is an adventurous puppy that likes to do everything his little girl does and that includes go to the library. Its bring your pet to the library day and the children all show off their pets but Biscuit is so busy looking for a book to read the Little girl has to run after him. A nice book to show the importance of reading and the library is to children.
NYC Reads 365
"It's "Read to a Pet Day" at the Library. Biscuit discovers that there are puppets, audiobooks,and books about dogs, cats, and dinosaurs. Which book will Biscuit choose? An "I Can Read" (TM) book, perfect for puppy lovers or fans of the Biscuit series."
Alicia
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
Cute illustrations got a kick out of the fact that Biscuit is reading a book about himself! Great way to get kids interested in the library and reading! Glad I got the chance to share this story with my nephew.

• Let's Go for a Drive! (Elephant & Piggie, #18)
  • Should I Share My Ice Cream? (Elephant & Piggie, #15)
  • My New Friend Is So Fun! (Elephant & Piggie, #21)
  • Waiting is Not Easy! (Elephant & Piggie, #22)
  • The Pigeon Has to Go to School
  • Pete the Cat and the Bad Banana
  • A Green, Green Garden
  • I am Invited to a Party! (Elephant & Piggie, #3)
  • Elephants Cannot Dance! (Elephant & Piggie, #9)
  • If You Take a Mouse to School
  • Happy Pig Day! (Elephant & Piggie, #16)
  • Can I Play Too? (Elephant & Piggie, #12)
  • I'm a Frog! (Elephant and Piggie, #20)
  • The Pigeon Needs a Bath!
  • Pete the Cat: Scuba-Cat
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Spooky Old Tree
  • I Broke My Trunk! (Elephant & Piggie, #14)
  • I Will Take a Nap! (Elephant & Piggie, #23)
Alyssa Satin Capucilli was born in Brooklyn, New York, in 1957. She graduated from Sarah Lawrence College, and pursued her interest in dance, becoming a professional dancer and dance instructor. Though Capucilli had written stories, poems, and even puppet shows as a child, she didn't consider a career as a writer until after her own two children were born. To this day she sees herself as both a ...more

Biscuit (1 - 10 of 73 books)
  • Biscuit
  • Biscuit Wants to Play
  • Biscuit and the Baby
  • Biscuit's New Trick
  • Biscuit Wins a Prize
  • Happy Halloween, Biscuit!