Start by marking “Brad's Bachelor Party” as Want to Read:
Brad's Bachelor Party

Brad's Bachelor Party

In college, geeky med student Cole Winston fell for his best friend, Brad Kelly. The bold, brash charmer was everything Cole wasn't: confident, popular, and straight. Unfortunately Cole's secret blew up in his face, and he walked away.

Years later, when Brad needs help, he calls Cole. Now a respected trauma surgeon, Cole has learned not to risk his heart and is ready to be
Published June 18th 2013 by Loose Id

Macky
Dec 04, 2013 rated it really liked it

So I've just read both of Rivers books back to back and I can't lie... I loved them both and I was going to give this 5 just for the enjoyment I had reading it but on reflection I have to put The Backup Boyfriend ahead in the rating because for one its longer, so more fleshed out and because as much as I loved Cole and Brad my heart still leans more to Dylan and Alec who I totally adored. So that's that! Now onto why I still had a blast with Brad's Bachelor Party!

Both books are GFY so there's a
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Not bad, but not good either*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

Five years apart after a secret came out, the respected trauma surgeon, Cole Winston (32?) and Brad Kelly (28) finally reunite. Brad needs Cole, his best friend to get through another thing with his brother. Cole, now older and wiser believes he could handle being Brad’s best friend again. Three years later Brad makes Coles his best man at his wedding to his CEO of Sterling Security's daughter, Jenny. Unfortunately not all went as it was planned; hot
Karla

4 Stars! Wow…and what a bachelor party it was…a party for two!! Great debut book!

Brad’s been denying his attraction to Cole for years. After a brief kiss, in which Brad has a hostile and not so receptive response, Cole walked out of his life and away from their friendship.

Nicely done friends-to lovers read, about two former friends who find each other again when a tragic event befalls the brother of one of them. The start of the book brings you to this moment at the hospital, where Brad and C
Catherine
Oh, I have such mixed feelings about this one!

I finished River Jaymes’ first full-length novel, The Backup Boyfriend, last night and loved everything about it. In fact, its main characters, Dylan and Alec, easily made it onto my “favourite couples” bookshelf and I’ve been recommending the book to practically everyone I know on Goodreads (it truly is a “must read”). So when I picked up Jaymes’ debut novella, Brad’s Bachelor Party, I was hoping that it’d be just as good. Unfortunately, it didn’t
Kade Boehme
Jun 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really liked this. I've been watching it cuz we had the same editor and I was excited when it finally released cuz it's been teasing me in my "Editor Updates" for months haha. It was cute. Short, for sure (only about 1200 kindle locations) but it was light and fun. The "cheating" didn't bother me so much cuz the couple getting married is admittedly in it for a "marriage-of-convenience". It's a "business relationship with personal perks". So we never get to know the bride or get emotionally inv ...more
V
Jun 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.65*

I really really liked The Backup Boyfriend by this author so of course I wanted to read this book too.
I liked it, but not as much as TBB, I'm guessing part of it is that this one is shorter so I don't get the feelz as much as I did with the longer one.
We have Brad, who I'm sorry to say sort of annoyed me all the way though, but he is a good guy and an awesome brother. He also must be an excellent friend to still have Cole, Ryan and Martinez.
Cole is a good friend and unfortunately pines for
Edina Rose
Jul 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
I didn't like the plot much, nor the characters. I was able to finish the book though because I kept hoping it would get better. And I could not stomach the cheating here: a few days before his wedding, the "straight" cheats on his fiancee without even thinking twice, and cheats with his best man, and the best man jumps into sex with his friend like his friend is not engaged to a woman he (the best man) likes). I am utterly disgusted. Sometimes the cheating is there and I can stomach it because ...more
Heller
This probably would have suited me better if it had been a bit longer. Due to the length we're rushed through a pretty momentous decision on Brad's part to explore his attraction with his best friend, Cole. A few important milestones in their friendship are also glossed over as well.

The men were great together but the story felt a bit patchy.

Anke
Jun 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Nice, short, rather uneventful read in-between. And strangely, the bride was totally absent during the whole story.
¸. • * ° *❧Gwendolyn❧°**★°**★
Cole & Brad~they were SMOK'IN HAWT!

This Book fit's my mood PERFECTLY~

OMG, this book, the only reason 4 Stars instead of 5 is because of the writing, it felt rushed, there are many gaps, but...I still simply adored it!

This book made me tickled pink because, not only did I adore Brad and Cole but, I got some more medical jargon within their smexy' scene, which was HAWT!

OMG, I am so hooked on this writer now!

So I've read all this writers books, and now I have to wait for her next work(s) FUDGE.
Lenore
I picked this up because the MC is a medical doctor, and I have a soft spot for life sciences professionals.

The plot is a bit rushed and fairly unrealistic, the protagonists with some questionable motivations, but despite said issues the book charms in the end. It's the easy banter and the intuitive familiarity between the characters, the vein of humour running through the story that makes you not care about moral principles and verisimilitude.

And I really, really like the voice of this author.
Sheryl C. Nash
OMFG!!! LOVED IT!!!! I'm so happy that I took a chance and bought this book on a whim from Loose Id!!! CANNOT WAIT to read MORE of your stories River Jaymes, because this book blew it out of the stratosphere for me!!!! It was funny and sweet and emotional and sexy and the fact that I LOVED BOTH Cole AND Brad made this story GODDAMN AMAZING!!!
DaisyGirl
2.5 Stars

Ugh. I struggled with this book. Mostly because I don't like cheaters. In this book, the MCs don't cheat on each other; rather - it's pretty obvious from the book blurb - the engaged MC cheats on his fiancee. But still, it's cheating. What I especially didn't like was how little of an impact it had on Brad. I'm sorry but that just makes him. An. Ass. Period.

Bottom line: a less-than-desirable MC makes for a less-than HEA.
Bev
As I liked River's other book so much, decided to have a look at this one. Liked Cole, but wasn't so keen on Brad, and couldn't believe that someone supposedly that intelligent would have left it until the night before his wedding to have his 'Eureka' moment and acknowledge that he was in love with his best friend...and had been for quite some time. 3.5 stars from me
Denise H.
***** Brad and Cole have know each other a long time, and were roomies in college.
We begin with a past experience, when Brad's brother Danny was in the hospital again. Now, it's three years later, and Cole is Brad's best man for his wedding to Jenny.

Cole is 32, a doctor, lean and toned, and openly gay. Brad, 28, well built, is doing well at Sterling Security, Jenny's family business.
The Bachelor Party is in Kauai, where the guys all share stories, memories, and hang out. There is the strip c
vLadimiR
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was ok

2.5 Stars

A few years ago, I would've given this 4 stars but the friends-to-lovers theme had just worn out on me after the first 250 books.

Anyway, the story is about long time friends Cole Winston and Brad Kelly. The title focuses on a single event but actually spans over 5 years from the start of the story.

Cole has been pinning for Brad since the first time they met in College and watched hopelessly as his best friend flits from one girl to another. When Cole finally decided to act on his feelin
Fani *loves angst*
Really, really enjoyed this one, despite being a novella and I don't usually dig short stories, as they don't leave much room for character development. But I liked this one. A lot. Nothing too serious or deep, but emotional nonetheless, it was exactly my cuppa.
Mandapanda
Jun 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: various-romance
Had trouble liking the characters.
Page Crusherz
Jun 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5

I found this to be a super sexy fun read. I loved the tension between the MCs, and I liked the secondaries too. Great grand gesture!
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
Dec 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: male-action
3.5 Stars!!

Short. Sweet. Sexy.

Cole and Brad met in college. Cole is gay, Brad's not. Not really anyways. He dabbled in some male action during high school but has had a revolving door of girls since. Moving from relationship to relationship before things could get serious.

Now why is that Brad?? Hmm.....perhaps you're more gay than you thought.

Anywho.....Cole is attracted to Brad and when he makes a move on him one night Brad flips out resulting in a riff between the friends for the next five y
Shannon
Jun 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cover-color-blue
Probably more of a 3.5 stars but I'm rounding up just because it was so sweet. Lot's of tension and two hot MCs. Only a couple of sex scenes but it's a short read. Really good writing, just wish it were longer so we could get a little more into the details.
Wendy Marcus
Jun 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
River Jaymes did an excellent job telling a complete, fulfilling love story in the short span of a novella. The hot sex was an added bonus! I loved this story and highly recommend it!
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Thank you so much for the gift, elf is not my real name!!
Sara
I was in a book funk. Nothing was working and then Jenn told me to read this!

Funking Funk is over.

I loved this. It was everything I could want in a short friends to lovers story. I loved that Cole was in love with his BFF Brad forever but never let it be known. I loved that Brad was kinda an ass about things but was always Bicurious and then... he notices how freaking hot his BFF is.

Sure. Things move fast and more could have been done with the story but it made me feel. It made me squirm and
blub

The blurb pretty much sums up what the whole story is about. (view spoiler)
Alina
Jun 24, 2013 added it
I guess this book's another testament of how much I dislike GFY stories. I tried and tried, but I just can't get into them. I just don't believe that you could be friends with the guy for a number of years and one day you just wake up and BAM - you suddenly realize you're in love/lust with him. I don't buy it :/

So here the beginning was nice and the ending was sweet too, but I didn't like what was in the middle. Female stripper playing matchmaker only added to my annoyance.

I didn't have any issu
Addicted2M/M
Mar 31, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 Good, quick, hot read. Too short for many encounters, but the main sex scene was heart-pounding-panty-melting goodness. Alternating pov's. Loved Cole-despite his years of fighting his feelings for Brad, he still had a backbone where Brad was concerned, and didn't just melt at the first hint of attraction from Brad.

Side note: I read in one of the reviews that Jenny was a bitch. We never even really meet her or hear anything horrid about her behavior, so those of you who avoid books with ragi
clear skies
I love books like this: best friends who love each other but can't admit it. Hang on, it's usually the "straight one" that can't and the other one pines for him. I enjoyed this book - it was fun and light with just enough drama to keep it from being boring.

The big thing that bothered me was the cheating. Just because the main character's love each other, doesn't mean you shit on the female character you didn't bother to even introduce.
Liz (Bugetta)
Re-read 5/26/18 I wish River Jaymes wrote more. :(

Re-read 10/14/15 It's still too short but I still enjoyed it, so I upped it a star. :)

3.5* Loved the characters and writing but I wanted more. too short. :-(
  • Fourth and Long
  • The Best Part
  • Punch-Drunk Love
  • Newton's Laws of Attraction (Newton's Laws of Attraction, #1)
  • Pink Lace and Stolen Hearts
  • Not Just Friends
  • Lost Time
  • Second Chances (Second Chances #1)
  • College Boys (Men of Holsum College, #1)
  • All I Ever Wanted
  • Someday It Will Be
  • The Broken Triangle (The Square Peg, #2)
  • Where the Lovelight Gleams
  • Blame It on the Mistletoe
  • Heart of the Race
  • The Lonely Drop
  • Carte Blanche
  • Hot Hands (College Fun and Gays #1)
By day, River works as a (mostly) mild mannered physician in a remote Alaskan town. And she’s accumulated the wacky stories that come with the job. At night, the author’s inner badass comes out to play. River likes to read and write books with varying levels of humor and plenty of hot, steamy sex between two hunky men.

River's other interests include medicine, snow, sled dogs, snow, snowmachines, s
“The quiet ones are always the kinkiest.” 1 likes