Start by marking “Before We Fall (Beautifully Broken, #3)” as Want to Read:
Before We Fall (Beautifully Broken, #3)

Read Excerpt

Before We Fall (Beautifully Broken #3)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  5,669 Ratings  ·  595 Reviews
Sometimes, one dark moment is all it takes to turn your world black...

For 24-year old Dominic Kinkaide, that moment took place on the night of his high school graduation. One dark incident changed him forever. He's a hardened actor now, famous in the eyes of the world, but tortured in his own. He doesn't care about much of anything, except for losing himself in the roles t
Published December 3rd 2013 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Before We Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Before We Fall

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾

Dominic is trouble. And I don't need any more trouble in my life. I'm turning over a new leaf and I'm making good choices. Dominic Kinkaide is a bad, bad choice.

I know that whenever I pick up a book by Courtney Cole I am in for one dark and angsty emotional roller coaster ride. Book 2 in the series, If You Leave continues to be one of my favorite books this year. That being said, I was hesitant to pick this one since I wanted to throttle Jacey in that book. I'm not even exaggerating. I hated h
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
2 stars. DNF at 30% but I skimmed to the epilogue. I have a heart made of steel.

For what it’s worth, I tried. I tried really, really hard. But after starting and stopping this book four times I think it’s reality telling me that this book and I need to break up.

IMO, I think the allure wears off for each consecutive installment in this series. The first one about Pax and Mila I could not have loved more. Pax was THE definition of ‘beautifully broken’ and Mila a true sweetheart, someone untouched
TeriLyn
Shelves: 2013-favorites
**ARC provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review**

Courtney Cole has done it again. Before We Fall is another amazing installment of the Beautifully Broken Series. This story is darker than the previous two and just as addicting. The author possesses the awesome ability to shed light on darkness, to heal what is broken. One of my favorite aspects of Ms. Cole’s Beautifully Broken stories is her ability to make me admire the strength and fortitude of her incredible heroine’s. She writes
Lindsey
Aug 06, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: series-to-finish
Based on the blurb at the end of If You Leave, this is Jacey's story. I really want to see her and Brand to get together but it looks like that won't happen. :(
Geri Reads
Nov 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.75 angsty stars!

First, I have to admit I had difficulty reading and rating this book. I felt that there were parts that I loved and there were parts that I didn't particularly care for.

Second, I haven't read any of the other books from this series. I realized that the characters have been introduced in the previous books. Apart from that I absolutely have no idea about these characters, whether or not they were hideous or acted like an ass during the first two books. So I came into this witho
Polly
Aug 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm going to be honest and say going in I knew I was probably going to hate Dom and skim the book. Early reviews were claiming he was an epic ass and even at 25% in I thought the same. Then you start to get little glimpses of his life and what made him this way. I loved Jacey. She never held back on what she wanted to say and do. She knew she had to fix Dom and never gave up on her love for him and his issues. The book was hot, heartbreaking, then sweet. I think I experienced every emotion there ...more
Lisa
pre-read: After reading If You Stay, I can definitely say that Courtney Cole is in my "I'd read her grocery shopping list tbh" list of authors. I'm excited for the second book in this series, and when I found out that we'll be getting a third book, I AM ECSTATIC.

post-read:

Whoa. WHOA.

I think this is a book that you would either love or hate. If you're easily put off with kinky sex and the dirty stuff then this book is definitely not for you.

Now, if you think Pax is an asshole, just wait until
Michelle
Jul 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
ARC provided on behalf of Forever (Grand Central Publishing) from NetGalley.

4.5 “And the award for most screwed up Hero goes to...” Stars

Jacey has always fallen for the wrong guys, but after a tragic event occurs, she is finally trying to change that. Desperate to be loved, Jacey tends to look in all the wrong places. Sure she has a few friends that love her and brother that has always stepped up into the role of protector, she has always wanted the kind of love that is unconditional, the kind s
Kj

In the last installment of this series I hated Jacey. She was just a side character, Maddy's best friend, but I didn't like her at all. I actually put off reading this book because it was Jacey's story and I wasn't interested in going through that torture again. I have to give Courtney Cole credit. I think she did a wonderful job of redeeming Jacey. Even though she wasn't my favorite Dominic made her look like a saint.

This was me when I first read what Dom liked .....
description

Dom was damaged by his last

Kara
Nov 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Before we fall - we fly.

A sweet story.

This quote really made me think. I have been here. I totally understand it.
"People are people. And everyone needs other people. And everyone gets hurt in life and everyone gets used. We have to get over it and move on."

I liked this book. The writing was great. I didn't connect to this story as well as I did to the others in this series.
Natasha is a Book Junkie
Shelves: natasha
“Don’t love me… Or I’ll break you. I won’t want to, but it will happen.”

Familiar authors rarely surprise me anymore, as I can usually foresee the bounds of their comfort zones, but I am gladly proven wrong from time to time and, let me tell you, this was definitely one of those occasions where I simply did not know what hit me. Never in a million years did I expect this author to so boldly delve into the taboo world of dark sexual fantasies by giving us a character that I wanted to kiss and
Ailene♥
Dec 07, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-stars
Holy sh*t! That epilogue creeped me the hell out! That's so not funny! Seriously, I was not expecting that! I was about to give this a 4, but I changed my mind. Oh my god! I'm still trying to recover here. I might be overreacting, but I was really caught off guard... Okay, I'll try to calm down now... *breathe in, breathe out*

So even though my rating went down, I have to say that it's a special 3-star because I did like it. The writing style of the author had improved a lot. There's so much more
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
3 stars

Don't you hate it when you read about a famous guy and the heroine is clueless as to who he is? Not the case here! Dominic is a famous actor and Jacey has her own past issues.

I loved Dominic at first, a loveable jerk but then his overconfidence was a buzzkill.

But like every other woman out there, she’s attracted to me because of who I am

Jacey for the majority was alright, cried quite a bit, constantly wanting to talk, I didn't like how she treated Brand and one thing she did (or tr
Ayush
Sep 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved the story.

Yep that pretty much sums it all up.
I loved the character developments, the plot, the twist and the amazing reveal in the epilogue. I should have seen that last one coming. I wondered about it throughout the story and if I had taken a pause, I probably would have, but I didn't and so it was a wonderful link that I really liked.
Autumn Review
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta, favorites
Before We Fall was dark, gripping, and emotional. The sparks flew between Jacey and Dominic, but their journey to happily ever after was anything but easy. Their story definitely tugged at my heart.

Dominic Kincaid. What a great character name. He's a very famous actor, but I often found myself forgetting that fact, because he has real life problems. He's dark, tormented and honestly, isn't very easy to like. He's kept himself closed off for so long that it's hard for him to allow people in. His
Debbie I Heart YA Books
My Thoughts:

Courtney Cole just set my Kindle Fire on fire (pun intended). I love all Courtney Cole's novels, but as I started reading BEFORE WE FALL, I said, OMG, this is BDSM or very kinky sex and I'm not really into that kind of thing. But I gotta tell you, I quickly fell in love with this heart touching story with Dominic and Jacey. Cole gave me a dark masochistic romance with a beautiful healing love, hope and forgiveness for the mind, heart and body. I love how
Cole took this damaged man a
Courtney
I AM SPEECHLESS!

Oh Courtney, Courtney, Courtney. Where do I start??

YOU ARE FUCKING AWESOME!!! And this book just blew me away. You get better and better with every book you write – how is that possible?!?!

Before We Fall is the 3rd book the Beautifully Broken Series and each book is written superbly well. However, this book just tops them all!!

Dominic and Jacey’s story is not for the faint of heart. Dominic and Jacey are both head strong and stubborn people. Dominic hides his past and he’s a shel
Jennifer Wolfel
Nov 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
WOW.... This book was so different from the others in this series... I mean we had Pax and he had issues but Dominic he puts them all to shame... You will not believe this story as it unfolds. The tangled mess of hurt, betrayal, anger, love, passion and all out craziness will keep you reading until it's done, and then have you wanting even more...

Dominic comes off as a jerk but you can see the pain behind everything that he does and says, and deep down you know he's really not that guy. With a
*P
This series just keeps getting better

Before We Fall is the third book in Cole's Beautifully Broken Series and it is high praise when I say I feel this one was the best as I so enjoyed the other books. This book deals with Jacey, the sister to Gabe and good friend of Madison from the second book. Jacey meets Dominick, the Hollywood hearthrob that few know anything about since he keeps himself hidden away from others as best he can due to something devastating in his past.

I thought Cole did a gre
Lauriie
Mar 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Das Ende ist immer noch seltsam aber ansonsten gefällt mir die Geschichte wirklich gut...
Stef Stimson
Aug 11, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-out-yet
was hoping for jacey and brand
Quinn's Quippy Quotes
Holy Freaking CRAP!!!!!!

Wow. I'm done. I'm gutted.

I can't even begin to go through all the emotions that I went through while reading this. So much happened, so many hoops to jump through, but that epilogue!?!?! Wow, amazing! I freaking loved it. I didn't think that I was going to enjoy this one as much as If You Leave, but I did. I absolutely LOVED IT. Did I mention that I loved it?!?! Damn you Giffen!!! You get me!

#spp
Kenya Wright
I just couldn't get into it. Loved the series, but really didn't like the heroine. Not my bag of tea. And it just was too much to follow with stuff I didn't care about.
Alyssa
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2013
Before We Fall, the third book in Courtney Cole’s Beautifully Broken series, is an absolutely beautiful and phenomenal read. I fell in love with this series while reading book #1, If You Stay, and this new installment continues to prove that this is one of the best series in the New Adult genre.

Dominic & Jacey’s story is one of loss, grief, guilt, unexpected love and triumph. Dominic is a famous actor who is closed off to the world and everyone around him. He is trapped by the demons of an
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Oct 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have been a fan of Courtney Cole since I read her first book in the Beautifully Broken Series, If You Stay. With each successive book, Courtney’s writing has gotten better and better, the characters more compelling and I have to say that Before We Fall is my favorite to date. Courtney has a masterful way of knowing how to start a book with her epic prologues that grab your attention and suck you right in. Before We Fall did not disappoint.
Dominic Kinkaide is not your average actor vying for th
Karmen
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Let’s start out by saying that this is a my favorite book out of the series! I didn’t think anyone could beat Pax, but I’m pretty sure Dominic Kinkaide just became the Hero in this series!

Dominic is a movie star. His life looks glamorous on the outside, but on the inside he lives with dark secrets that haunt him. An unfortunate tragedy from his past makes him broken, jaded, stubborn and a bad boy. And Dominic has a dirty, dirty side!

Jacey is the strong, nurturing heroine in the book. At first, I
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
whoa, talk about some serious angst! I love it...dark broken characters, hidden secrets, taboo behaviors and a bit of Romance in there. I happy that for a 3rd book in a series that this continues to develop and never stalls!

Dominic Kincaide is a broken damaged soul. He is wealthy and famous but no one.truly knows who he is. Jacey Vincent is a sassy fireball whose job puts.her in direct contact with Dom and fate puts them together...literally.

Both characters have trust issues. Jacey is trying to
Renaaa
May 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3,5⭐
Victoria
Dec 02, 2013 rated it really liked it

The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.

Before We Fall is ultimately about two broken people, each running from their pasts until they run into each other.

Dominic Kinkaide is a Hollywood actor, successful, rich, sexy and damaged. He’s closed himself off, only playing games, never giving anything…until he meets Jacey Vincent. But Dominic has a dark side…

But because familiar and normal don’t stir my blood. I’ve seen pretty much everything once and have done i
Sarina
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult, 2015

Zum Buchinhalt

Nach außen hin führt Dominic ein beneidenswertes Leben: Dem gefeierten Jungschauspieler liegt die Frauenwelt zu Füßen. Doch innerlich ist er gelähmt, tiefe Gefühle lässt er nicht zu. Das ändert sich, als er Jacey kennenlernt, deren Kraft ihn schwer beeindruckt. Aber auch sie hat Narben auf der Seele. Werden die beiden einander heilen können?

Meine Meinung

Die Beautifully Broken Reihe von Courtney Cole lese ich mittlerweile fast so gerne wie die Reihe(n) von J. Lynn und Jessica Soren
  • The Ever After of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #4)
  • Masquerade (Games, #3)
  • Always Forever (Sometimes Never, #4)
  • Falling (Fading, #3)
  • Frayed (Connections, #4)
  • A Brutal Tenderness (A Terrible Love, #2)
  • Wrecked by You (Waiting for You, #3)
  • Staying on Top (Whitman University, #4)
  • Three Broken Promises (One Week Girlfriend, #3)
  • Wish I May (Splintered Hearts, #2)
  • Ripped (Real, #5)
  • Because of You (Playing with Fire, #2)
  • Before You Break (Between Breaths, #2)
  • Wild Child (The Wild Ones, #1.5)
  • Riptides (Silver Strand, #4.5)
  • Unwrapped (Beachwood Bay, #2.5)
  • Return to Poughkeepsie (Poughkeepsie Brotherhood, #2)
Courtney Cole is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling novelist who would eat mythology for breakfast if she could.

She loves giving advice, loving on her kids, red lipstick and blonde hair dye.

Courtney was born and raised in rural Kansas, but has since migrated south. She now lives in Florida and writes beneath palm trees.

Learn more about Courtney and her books at www.courtneycolewrites.co
More about Courtney Cole

Beautifully Broken (5 books)
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
  • If You Leave (Beautifully Broken, #2)
  • Until We Fly (Beautifully Broken, #4)
  • My Peace (Beautifully Broken, #5)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
  • Wildfire In His Arms
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
“Don’t love me,” he says simply. “Or I’ll break you. I won’t want to, but it will happen.” 6 likes
“Jacey, you try and see the good in everyone. That’s your mistake. You think that if you look hard enough, you’ll find it, that everyone has something in them that deserves you. But that’s so fucking wrong. Very few people deserve you. And that includes me.” 6 likes