Start by marking “Worth the Fight (MMA Fighter, #1)” as Want to Read:
Worth the Fight (MMA Fighter, #1)

Worth the Fight

(MMA Fighter #1)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  23,104 ratings  ·  1,546 reviews
It didn’t matter that the ref called it a clean hit. Nico Hunter would never be the same.

Elle has a good life. A job she loves, a great apartment, and the guy she’s been dating for more than two years is a catch and a half. But it’s boring…and she strives to keep it that way. Too many emotions are dangerous. Her own past is living proof of what can happen when you lose co
Published October 2nd 2013 (first published September 30th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Worth the Fight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Worth the Fight

·  23,104 ratings  ·  1,546 reviews

Baba
1 star.* Review completed October 14, 2013

photo tumblr_mn0vw9QCqX1qffcrao4_500_zps35626da5.gif

photo tumblr_mn0vw9QCqX1qffcrao1_500_zps7447ee87.gif

photo tumblr_mn0vw9QCqX1qffcrao2_500_zpsc1e8cfb3.gif

I have nothing positive to say about this book. Considering the
Alex is The Romance Fox
Let me say that I was a bit wary about this book. Whilst I have read all this author’s previous books, which I have loved, the storyline about a MMA fighter didn’t exactly excite me!!!
Worth the Fight by Vi Keeland photo Worth-the-Fight-Cover-500X750-500x280_zpsac930760.jpg
Really, I am not sooooo crazy about huge tattooed men…..nothing against them, but just not my “cup of tea”. I have never watched cage fighting but I have viewed photos of the fighters…and ugh!!!!

So not going to write much about the storyline…by now everyone knows about it!!

MMA fighter meets successful lawyer. Both ha
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 Hard Hitting Stars

Nico Hunter might just be my kryptonite.

I’m a character in my story, going through the chapters of my life as if it was written by an imaginary person, when I should be the author.

I'm woman enough to admit that what initially drew me to this book was the cover. Shallow of me? Perhaps. But is it so wrong that I just want to lick it? I think not. Then I read this: tattooed, hard-bodied MMthis:class="gr-hostedUserImg">
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
Worth the fight was a cute MMA book. I liked both the hero and heroine. I thought the plot was good and I really enjoyed this read.
Jamie
HOW MUCH DID I LOVE THIS ONE???

First, I'm a HUGE MMA fan so I love books with fighters anyway.. but throw in one hot sexy yummylicious fighter named Nico...

OH, is that one pic of my newest book boyfriend not enough? Well... ok, if you insist, here's one more. But don't get too attached. I'm keeping him.. How about just an ab shot?

HOW MUCH DID I LOVE THIS ONE???

Ok, put your tongue away..like I said above, he's MINE!

ANYWAY....... back to biznezzz

Nico is fighter.. it's his life and what he loves.. but last year that all changed. In one tragic moment, his world came crashing down around him causing him to avoid getting back in the cage on a professional level. He still trains like crazy..but he just can't make himself get back in the cage. His heart hurts..his mind just won't let that one moment ago.The moment he can't change. He lives with horrible guilt. He's a shell of the man he once was....

Enter Elle... sweet, funny, living a VERY boring life Elle. She's got a friend with benefits.. a friend that wants more but she's never willing to give more. She's a lawyer and she loves what she does..but she's far from happy. She also lives with deep guilt.. one horrible moment in her life has haunted her for 15 years. She can't let it go and it keeps her from letting anyone all the way in.

Both Nico and Elle are living their lives but aren't embracing anything...... Until they meet. Nico is in need of an attorney to sort come contract stuff out. The chemistry was immediate.. they both felt the sizzle at first glance. Nico for sure likes what he see's and he goes after her. He's not felt truly alive in so long.. but something about Elle just shocks his system into "go" mode. Elle is tire of her boring existence and something about Nico turns her inside out. She's willing to take a chance on something..something totally different for her. Something that make her really FEEL again. She thinks Nico might just be what she needs.

Not that I’m planning on sleeping with him tonight, but I’d be kidding myself to think I’d stop it if things started to escalate.     Nico Hunter might just be my kryptonite.

Oh Elle, Elle, Elle... poor thing had no idea just what kind of kryptonite Nico was about to put on her.. Dayummmm.... these two were HOT. Sexy, Steamy, Sizzling HOT. yep, HOT.

He knows exactly what he’s doing to me.   Any embarrassment I feel from needing more goes out the window when I realize he’s teasing me and I tangle my fingers into his hair and push his face down into me, desperately seeking the friction I need.

“Ride me.   You’re so tight and wet.   I’m going to fill up that sexy little pussy and make it mine.   I want my smell on you.   In you.   So that the whole god damn world knows you’re mine.”

Nico and Elle were a really great couple! They both recognized in each other the same heartache.. but can they heal each other? Can they help each other? The baggage they both carry can get heavy if you don't let someone else help to carry it. Guilt can eat you up until you have nothing left to give the one that wants to help you the most....

Wow! I just couldn't put this book down! I've had some pretty good luck with some great reads lately and I got lucky again with this one. The back story on each of them was compelling and their chemistry was amazing. I simply loved every single part of this book. Even though it has some deep undercurrents of sorry and guilt, the story still had a fun sexy theme going on at the same time. There was humor , sadness, super hot sexy times, teeny bit of angst... Yep, it was good.

I highly recommend this one. Especially if you love the emotionally damaged hero's, the fighters, the sexy possessive alpha's... this one's for you!

Paula
Aug 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing

First things first… Nico Hunter! There is nothing like an incredibly sexy alpha, MMA fighter covered in tattoos, that fucks and talks dirty in the bedroom, and fights like Superman in the ring. He’s also a sweet and loving man that cooks and snuggles. You must meet this breathtaking man who stole my heart. I’m on Nico cloud nine! I LOVED everything about this story!

photo nico_zps79a7eae9.jpg

"When we met, we we
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Jul 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. Audiobook. Nico and Elle are two people struggling to cope with a difficult past. They are also combustibly attracted to each other and trying to navigate new relationship territories. These even included a few firsts on either end. Nico is a good guy that made a pretty big mistake and is struggling to find his way back to the sport he loves, MMA. I liked his big heart, shown through his mentoring, relationship with his trainer, and feelings for Elle. Elle does not consider what she d ...more
Geri Reads
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
2 stars for Nico and Elle's back story...

I'm not really in the mood for writing a long review for this one. I almost DNF'd the book halfway through. I did manage to finish it but sadly, the book just didn't get better for me.

The Positives

I did find something that I liked about it. Hooray! Yes, I did. I actually liked Nico's back story. MMA fighter who killed his opponent during a fight. Sadly, this part of the story, while I commend the author for attempting to develop something out of it, the
DKristin
When I first saw the blurb for this and that it was an MMA Fighter book I was sold... I've read some good ones and I've read some bad ones this was a definite 4.25 stars for me because the entire time I was like...

photo yesandyes.gif

Nico is Alpha, and possessive, and he bites, growls, and scents and he also says some really genuine and kind things in between and sometimes during his neanderthal momen
Catarina
4 Fighting Stars!

description

Elle lives the apparently perfect life. Beautiful, nice job, nice boyfriend. Nothing exciting happens and her life is just plain and boring. But that’s exactly what she needs in order to have her feelings buried. The capacity of feeling just makes her relive her past… and that’s something she avoids at all costs.
Until the day she meets Nico, MMA fighter, hot as hell, sexy, mysterious… and very interested in her. But not only he has his own ghosts, but he also makes her feel… and f
Wendy'sThoughts
Oct 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everybody
4.5 Caged, Released, Yet Repressed, Wanting Stars
* * * * 1/2 Spoiler Free
There are many types of reads...
There are the kinds that make you think deep emotional thoughts causing self revelations...

There are reads which play with your head just to give you a ride making you experience omg moments over and over again (think the Consequences Series)

And then there are the reads that do not pretend to be anything except what they are. These books present a situation; give you characters that are direct; open with how they are feeling an
Mo
Sep 23, 2013 rated it liked it
This wasn’t a bad read. 3.5 stars. Liked both characters and the book flowed along nicely for me. I see that I did not make any status updates while reading this book so that is a sure sign that it did not blow my mind.

“When we met, we were two injured souls. Both keepinclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Crystal~BIG book addict~
Aug 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
4.5 Fighter Stars!

Nico "The Lady Killer" Hunter

I am so there!!

He's hot. He's sweet. He's an MMA fighter. And he even likes to cook!!

He also is very troubled. After a tragic accident in the cage, it has been over a year since he has had an actual fight. His trainer is pushing him to
.Lili.
Aug 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is how I felt at the end:
 photo 0002axyf_zps79cb2fc2.gif
This book was great!

Great story line?

Great characters?

I can safely say there were no annoying characters in this story.
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews

Twitter:@Sizzlingpages

5 Awesome Sizzling Stars

5 Sizzling SCORCHING HOT Hearts for Heat!! ...LOVED EVERY MOMENT

Worth the Fight by Vi Keeland

A story about a man Nico..a fighter..fighting against himself ...feeling nothing but sorrow , guilt and anger.
A woman .. Elle...stumbling through life..feeling nothing ..to prevent remembering her past.

Nico believed he one moment in his past forever deemed him forever broken and unforgiven. The fight of his life comes in the form of a girl with a past that haunts her.

This story is a beautiful journey into healing, acceptance and forgiveness.

Elle was going through life numb and settling for comfortable. When Nico "The Lady Killer" Hunter comes crashing into her life...making her feel for the first time.

His possessive and passionate touch set Elle on fire.

Nico was a dirty talker and I loved every moment of it.

As Nico struggles to put the past behind him...it knocks him to his knees again.

Elle sees the good in this broken man ...she gives everything to help him. The path they took is paved with trials and Nico's fears almost destroy them. But when he realizes Elle is "worth the fight" nothing will stop him until she is his.

I loved this story so much and if you love an alpha male who goes after what he wants and a strong heroine who faces her fears to grab hold of a beautiful love then this story is for you. The chemistry between these two burn up the pages and you just hold your breath wanting them make it. Such beautiful moments are still playing inside my head..this is a must read and I'm so honored to have been able to experience it.

*TANYA*
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
I like this author and I was curious about some of her earlier books, I'm glad she's gotten better. This one missed the mark, the dude was a "kitty cat" towards the end. Lol. The lines he spewed out were super cheesy.
Patrycja
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was ok

Being a great fan of alpha males with troubled past, especially when it’s mixed with symbols of musculine power - like physical strenght and seeing friends that swooned over the mistique and sexy persona called Nicholas Hunter ‘The Lady Killer’, I had to meet him. Period.

Despite the fact I had a nagging feeling in the back of my mind, that my high expectations can be easily crushed, I just couldn’t stand being left out. Not when everyone gushed and talked about how fantastic Worth The Fight is.
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
I'm a total sucker for MMA and MC books, what can I say!

This one definitely didn't dispappoint. Nico....Nico was

Yeah, totally YUMMY! He was alpha and dominant and caveman like and in the next breath sweet and soft and gentle. It was the perfect mix. For being a book about an MMA fighter it was a rather sugary and sweet read....and there wasn't a lot of actual fighting that took place. There also wasn't a lot of drama and angst...
Chris- Bookaddict
Jul 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Holy Hotness Your all going to LOVE Nico.... If you are a fan of MMA fighting and I know alot of you are add this bad boy to your TBR list!!!! You will not be disappointed !!!!!!

Let me start by saying this is the first book I have read by Vi and it will surely NOT be the last one. I absolutely LOVED this book. If you’re an MMA fighter fan and love a good story then by all means one click this bad boy today.

“When we met, we were two injured souls. But keeping the real out of our live
Liz
This book was like a big yummy cookie! I certainly could not and WOULD NOT want to read books like this all the time. However, for a quick and easy read this book really hit the spot!

Full review to come!

Snow
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: alpha, fighters, romance

August 16, 2016 RE - REVIEW

She's worth it...worth the fight.

Just like this book, it was totally worth re-reading it.

Madness or not, one of the best impulsive deeds I have done lately!!!

________________________________________

October 4th, 2014. First review!

This was a very good read.

And I'm smiling like a cheshire cat.

Figure it out for yourself.

I'm not sharing. LOL
✿kawehi.reviews
description

The good: Solid, interesting, and a definite page-turner! Possesses a realistic story line, decent pacing, and likable characters.

The bad: Hmmm. Nothing constructive to embellish on BUT... I would have liked more Nico smutt!! Hehe. Absolutely loved it when he turned on the charm or became a caveman over Elle! <3

•.. ♥★

Story Overview:
"Worth the Fight" tells the story of two damaged souls looking for redemption.

Nicholas 'Nico' "The Lady Killer" Hunter: MMA fighter. Tan skin, deep green eyes, unruly dark hair, and a rugged jaw.

Nico, is♥★
characters.
The
Dilek VT
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
I have been searching the goodreads for a good MMA fighter read for the past few days and this is my 3rd disappointment. I wanted to find something really good like the HURRICANE but alas, all my efforts were in vain.

Actually, the premise of this book was interesting but the execution felt like a lame class essay. It is so poorly written that I went back and checked if it really was written by Vi Keeland. It must have been a product of hers when she was an amateur writer or something
Michelle
Jul 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review.

I was so flippin' excited to get a chance to read an another ARC from Vi Keeland after falling in love with her other books. I had no idea what to expect when I started Worth the Fight, but I was hooked within minutes.

Let's meet Elle.
She's smart and she is reserved. Just in her mid-twenties and her life has become nothing but her job, with a safe friends with benefits rela
Plamena
Oct 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 AMAZING STARS!!!

She is worth it...worth the fight.

Nico Hunter...YES YES YES and again...YES!!! :D

The story is about Elle and Nico. HE is a MMA fighter trying to cope with guilt and pain from his past. SHE is a lawyer with boring life and lack of any emotions. She is fighting her own demons. What can they possibly have in common...A LOT!!

A quick, fun, sexy and beautiful story!!! I knew I would love it! I’m such a sucker for fighters!! And Nico Hunter does NOT disappoint! He is sexy as hell, absolute alpha male but alsoSTARS!!!
She
J
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Let me just start off and say.. I freaking Loved this!
Vi has given us an awesome story that kept me hooked from the first moment I met Nico…..

Elle is going through the motions of life, living the good life yet still finds herself bored.
The guy she has been seeing for the last 2 years can't even excite her anymore.
Not sure where her life is going, Elle feels disconnected.

I'm a character in my story, going throughout the chapters of my life as if it was written by an imaginary person,
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
2.5 Stars

"What is it about you, Elle?"

I'm at a loss Nico.

"What the hell is wrong with me?

Good question, Elle.

"I'm acting like a complete idiot."

Finally, she said something smart.

Elle.

That one word just about sums up everything I didn't like about this book. I couldn't stand her and I couldn't connect with her. She was flat, she was boring, and I have no idea why both Nico and William did not agree with me.

I only started to "warm up" to her (and by this I me/>/>"What
The BookChick
My Rating: ❤❤❤❤
VERY GOOD: The characteristics of a 4 heart book include: a great story; I loved the characters; and there was an interesting plot and unique story elements; there may have been a few odd things kept the story from being amazing. I would read it again and I would recommend it to a friend.
This book was received from the author in exchange for an honest review.

My Thoughts:
Ladies, prepare to meet your new book boyfriend! You will absolutely fall in love with Nico "The Lady Killer" Hunter. He is strong,/>My
Jenn
Jun 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved loved this book Worth the Fight by Vi Keeland. I was lucky enough to be part of a group to get this as an ARC for honest review.

I definitely fell in love with in this Author after reading the Cole series, so when I heard about this series I was jumping at bit to read this and I was absolutely not disappointed.I would rate WORTH THE FIGHT a 4.5

Our main H/h Nick and Elle had great chemistry, and I loved the secondary characters.I was sucked in this story at the very beginning
CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
Aug 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 swoon-worthy stars!!!!

Elle is beautiful, with a job she loves, a great apartment, and she's been dating a hot successful lawyer. But she's not happy, she's bored and she's just coasting through life .

Until Nico.....

And when Nico met Elle, he knows she's it for him.

But they both carry guilt of their past.

I'm so swooning over Nico. It's soooo HOT, romantic, funny, sad and just beautiful! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Fighter romance lovers out
Kindle Lending (T...: Until November & Worth The Fight 3 43 Oct 04, 2013 07:45PM

• Fighting to Forgive (Fighting, #2)
  • Phoenix
  • Beneath the Surface (Reluctance, #1)
  • Consumed (Consumed, #1)
  • Against the Ropes (Redemption, #1)
  • Rules of Entanglement (Fighting for Love, #2)
  • Tattered Love (Needle's Kiss, #1)
  • Extreme Love (Love to the Extreme, #1)
  • Welcome to Sugartown (Sugartown, #1)
  • Off Course (Off, #4)
  • Knock Out (Worth the Fight, #1)
  • The Fighter's Block (The Fighter's Block, #1)
  • Possession (The Plus One Chronicles, #2)
  • Fraternizing (Fraternizing, #1)
  • Crossing the Line (Battered Hearts, #3)
  • Fight For Me
  • 12 Rounds (Knockout, #1)
  • Delayed Penalty (Crossing the Line, #1)
Vi Keeland is a #1 New York Times, #1 Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author. With millions of books sold, her titles have appeared in over one hundred Bestseller lists and are currently translated in twenty-six languages. She resides in New York with her husband and their three children where she is living out her own happily ever after with the boy she met at age six.

Stop by and meet Vi in he/>Stop

MMA Fighter (3 books)
  • Worth the Chance (MMA Fighter, #2)
  • Worth Forgiving (MMA Fighter, #3)
“I feel like I'm stuck in a bad movie, with a little devil sitting on one shoulder and an angel on the other. But the goddamn devil is twice the size and my angel is a fucking mute. Great, I have a fucking mute angel.” 41 likes
“I quickly scoop up the rest of my personal life on display on the sidewalk and I'm relieved that I had removed the flavored condoms that Regina had shoved into my purse before I left yesterday. Bacon Flavor. What woman wants to taste meat while, you know, tasting meat?” 22 likes