Start by marking “The Unleashed (Blemished, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Unleashed (Blemished, #3)

The Unleashed (Blemished #3)

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  554 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
“I wanted to live. I wanted us to have a future, and there was nothing else on my mind. With Daniel by my side I ran so fast my lungs ached.”

Mina’s world is turned upside down as an important person from her past materialises to take her away from the Compound. She finds herself separated from her friends and facing life-changing decisions on her own.

Meanwhile Daniel is o
Published 2013 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about The Unleashed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unleashed

Jessica Fether
I tried to finish this. It's the last in the trilogy, too!! I couldn't do it. After sitting half-read for months, I'm officially giving up on it.
Jonel Boyko
Jul 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
This novel is definitely the most intense of Dalton’s The Blemished series. Intrigue and subterfuge take a stand in a big way amongst the increased action and drama that she brings forth. The real scientific and political possibilities surrounding the concepts behind this novel are just chilling and add to the overall forward motion of the tale. Dalton’s eloquent, well written method of storytelling round this out into a fantastic tale that you won’t want to put down.

The characters that you’ve
Kiara
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: r2r-program
I got a copy in exchange for a honest review.

I liked Sarah Dalton's previous works. I liked the blemished and the vanished.
But the unleashed? I must say, not that much.
The unleashed, i dont know how, makes me kinda lost interest with the series. It all begin with the appearance of Mina's mom, Anna. She suddenly comes and claimed she loves Mina very much and all.
Oh she was faked alright. I dont like her a bit. But i really cannot understand why Mina trust her so blindly?
All of sudden, Mina b
Julie Powell
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic conclusion to this action-packed dystopian story, where war is waged and emotions are high.

I liked the way the chapters were divided so that other voices were heard as well as Mina's, which gave greater depth to this final installment and helped move the story and explain motives.

Secrets are revealed, characters are seen as complex and realistic...nobody is all good or bad, just human. Of course, some are more likeable than others, but the author's skill shines in how each character
Aug 14, 2013 rated it liked it
I really don’t want to give it 3 stars because i liked the two before but i just couldn’t get into the story, It was really frustrating the way Mina was acting against her dad and (view spoiler) . Also, the attitudes that everyone had during this book were just depressing and not in the compassionate way, they were always whining about something and somehow they always escaped death by some mi ...more
Shari
Apr 14, 2014 rated it liked it
I loved the first two books of this series, but found this last one to be a little disappointing. while there was some great stuff going on in the first 3/4 of the book, the ending was somewhat anticlimatic. almost as if the author ran out of steam, and just didn't want to tell the whole story anymore.
I would still recommend it for a fan of the series, just don't expect a stellar ending.
Brandy
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very good ending to a a great series. I liked how each main character's story was wrapped up in the epilogue. I think the ending was perfect for the series.
Wendy
May 23, 2017 rated it liked it
This series was just OK for me. I liked the storyline, but the writing was not great. I really struggled to get through this last book.
Tywyll
Jun 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: arr
Myreadbooks
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
After reading my previous tomes I hung especially at the end or the suspense was at the rendezvous. Some chapters passed by the wayside or I did not quite understand what was going on, but when I was immersed in the book I was hanging too especially with lovable characters. There is Mina, who want to live and not go to war and to build a future with Daniel by his side except that he must find her and finds himself involved in the resistance. There's also Angela who helps Sébastien to find his f ...more
Tiana Dalichov
I've said it once and I'll say it again: Oh. My. Flipping. Pancakes.

Since the beginning of this series, I considered myself a die-hard fan of Sarah Dalton's amazing work. After reading that....die-hard doesn't even come close. I'm in love, my friends. This is a dystopian trilogy that you don't want to pass up. You need to read this!

Do it! Now! ;)

description

....................

So, if you guys were totally awesome and actually followed my advice for once (which you should've if you know what's good for you)
Lilac
Jun 22, 2013 rated it liked it
All in all this was a very nice, conclusive end to the series, perhaps even a little too conclusive for my liking, but still a good end to The Blemished series.

I really liked the characters in this one. They've developed a lot since the first book and have become more and more real to me. Some of the personality traits that annoyed me in the first book have been explained somewhat. For example, it now makes more sense to me why Mina was constantly switching from whimpering little girl to kick as
Julie
Jun 22, 2013 rated it it was ok

Becky
Sep 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
I got a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I read and loved book 1 and 2 in this series (the Blemished & The Vanished). I lapped them up and even read and devoured the two short story spin offs that were released. I had found a new series I loved and couldn't wait for more so I naturally accepted this one when I was offered the chance to review it.
Unfortunately I have a massive stack of review books so I couldn't read it straight away but I wish I had because it took me a wh
Ashley Byland
Sep 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have to say as soon as I finished book 2, I was SO happy that I had book 3, The Unleashed right here waiting for me. No way I could have handled that wait! But if I had to, it would have been more then worth it!

Book 2 left off with Mina seeing her mother, for the first time in 10 years, and alive. Mina is so angry at her father for keeping her mother away, she is automatically blinded by what her mother truly is. I wanted to smack Mina a few times in this book. She was being so stupid. But her
Levian
Nov 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Mina were surprised to find her supposedly-dead mother paying her a visit at the compound. she became angry that her father had lied to her, furthermore, her mother was from the GEM, the organization that wanted to destroy all Blemished. while the other Freaks felt unsure towards Anna, Mina completely adored her elegant mother. when Anna drugged her into leaving the compound with her, Mina was more than happy to comply. in his mission to find Mina, Daniel and the remaining Freaks got involved wi ...more
Satarupa
I got this book from the author, free of cost, in exchange of an honest review from my side!

Firstly I would like to thank Sarah Dalton, author of The Unleashed for giving me this opportunity of reading and reviewing this fantastic book.

I really loved this epic conclusion to this great dystopian trilogy. Well you guys will be shocked by the end of this story I bet like I got.

Mina's character developed further in this part and it was really a treat to share her journey as she progressed towards th
Rebecca
Jun 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Overall I liked the story, and Dalton wrapped up the lose ends. The ending is a little sappy, but the reader has a solid conclusion. The reader also knows the characters will continue to live on.

Of the whole series I believe The Blemished is the best. In The Unleashed I found the drama and conflict/resolution cycle frustrating and predictable. (I am the last person to pick up on clues; I would make a terrible detective.)

What I liked most about the series is Dalton got me thinking.
1) While we do
Cristina
Oct 25, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: ebook
As minhas estrelinhas baseiam-se quase sempre no gosto que tive em ler o livro. Pode não ser uma grande obra de literatura mas ser muito divertido e ter personagens e histórias que ainda assim nos dizem algo. Mas não é o caso desta conclusão da trilogia Blemished.
Um conceito que até tinha algo para dar ficou muito aquém entregando-se aos clichés e ensinando lições de moral duvidosas até. O adjectivo que mais me ocorreu ao longo da leitura foi "ridículo", o qual por duas vezes foi complementado
zapkode
{my thoughts} - This book is the third installment to the Blemished Series. It is wonderfully written and full of emotion. I teared up more times then I can count while reading this book. It tears at your heart in so many ways. It was nice to find out just what the author had in store for each of the characters. I was able to relate to Mina in her struggle to forgive or not forgive her parents and try to move on with her life. However, unlike her situation I have complete resentment for my paren ...more
April W
Another good read. It's the final book in the Blemished series.
Also, I highly recommend reading the two Fractered novellas before reading this book. They're good (and quick) reads and will really help explain some of the events/actions in this book.

Although I'm never happy to see a series I enjoy end Dalton did a good job wrapping everything up and leaves the reader with closure. Despite that I for one would be happy to read another book or even just a novella about the characters later on to
Rebecca
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was a bit worried part way through this book that it wasn't going to be as strong as the others, and if I'm honest, it wasn't... mostly because the vantage point changed to other (formerly supporting) characters in order to have the story work as a cohesive whole. The biggest problem with this was the shift from first person narrative to third person when switching between the main and supporting characters - that bugged me.

However, it was great to read an entire series where the whole cast is
David Swager
As much as I wanted to find out how it ended. Was Mum good or bad? After investing the time to read the 1st and 2nd installments, I just couldn't finish it. It became too...STUPID! The author turned Mina into a incompetent, unintelligent boob.

SPOILER
Ok, how many lucid moments does it take to figure something out. Mina gets drugged and kidnapped from the compound. She knows something is wrong; feels it. Having the women that tried to kill her visit the apartment didn't do it. Having the same wome
Step Into Fiction
Oct 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ashley
Everyone grew up so incredibly fast in this series. I suppose they had to, but wow. Book 3 is just mind blowing. When I read the blurb, I was thinking to myself, why is Angela going to Area 14 with Sebastian? It makes sense now, but at first I was like odd? Talking about growing up fast. Angela is faced with so much at her young age, both good and bad. I am very glad she didn't lose herself in this series. Mina however, did. But it wasn't her fault. I love how everyone's focus was to fight obvio ...more
Julie Powell
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Kelsey
Oct 31, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a good series, Sarah Dalton seemed to have a well thought out plan of where it was going through out all 3 books. And if she didn't, she managed to not get sucked in to cliches that can be exhausting, even for books that can tend to get easily in to them. I will admit that the 3rd book seemed to all the sudden have to end. Some ideas from the 3rd book could have been throughout the other 2. I can see why they weren't, and it didn't ruin it. Just had some great character development that ...more
Emmanuelle
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a great conclusion to the Blemished trilogy. The action is fast-paced and exciting. This third book splits the writing style between Mina, Daniel and Angela's perspectives.
In a society where everyone is categorized, all will have to come together in order to overthrow the GEM Ministry. While the story is predictable that Mina, the strongest of those with special abilities, well in the end win it all, I like that the author makes that happen naturally and innocently. In this book,
Stacey
Aug 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arr-s
I received this book for free in exchange for a fair and honest review

LOVE this book. My fave of the three. We get to know Mina's mother, how far her father will go to prove his love. This book is full of heart and many old characters return.....Elena is back and she was one of my faves! The story takes place in London and wraps up beautifully and there is an epilogue at the end to further let us the readers know how our characters fared. Thank you for a wonderful series!
Kristin Walcott Figueroa
I really enjoyed the first and second books, but this one just didn't live up to the other two. I found it lacking in development and sometimes I felt like the characters were not true to who I thought they were. Some typos and other editing problems as well. It definitely felt like the author was pressed to get the third book done and delivered it before it was really ready.
Sophie
Dec 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Out of the whole Blemished series, I thought this book was the best. It is jam packed full of intense action and there wasn't a boring moment. Mina and her friends found a place in my heart and I was absolutely breathless after finishing this book. An incredible read of war, love, and redemption.
  • Shades of Temptation (SIG, #2)
  • Keeping Merminia (Merminia, #2)
  • Hidden Beneath (Into the Deep, #2)
  • The Horde Without End (The World Without End #2)
  • Savor (Vicious Feast, #1)
  • Chameleon (Ripple, #2)
  • Shattered Worlds: Six Dystopian Novels
  • The Gleaning (The Spellspinners of Melas County, #2)
  • Get on Board Little Children (Children in Hiding #1)
  • Touching Eternity (Touch, #1.5)
  • Thorns (The Frost Chronicles, #2)
  • Awakenings (Kiera's Quest, #1)
  • The Perimeter (Outside #3)
  • Empyreal Illusions (The Inferno Unleashed #1)
  • Ordinary (Exceptional, #3)
  • Serenya's Song (Tallenmere, #2)
  • Butterfly Kisses (The Butterfly Chronicles, #2)
  • Through Your Eyes ( I Am Alive book 1 Episode #3 )
Sarah grew up in the middle of nowhere in the countryside of Derbyshire and as a result has an over-active imagination. She has been an avid reader for most of her life, taking inspiration from the stories she read as a child, and the novels she devoured as an adult.

Sarah mainly writes speculative fiction for a Young Adult audience and has had pieces of short fiction published in the Medulla Liter

Blemished (3 books)
  • The Blemished (Blemished, #1)
  • The Vanished (Blemished, #2)

Young Adult Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Night Divided
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
  • The Lotterys Plus One
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Chemistry Lessons
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Black Bird of the Gallows
    $7.99 $0.99
  • My Best Friend's Exorcism
  • Liars, Inc.
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • I Hate Everyone But You
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Touching Spirit Bear (Spirit Bear, #1)
  • The Cruelty
    $7.80 $2.99
  • A Messy, Beautiful Life
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Renegades (Renegades, #1)