Start by marking “Finding the Next Steve Jobs: How to Find, Keep, and Nurture Talent” as Want to Read:
Finding the Next Steve Jobs: How to Find, Keep, and Nurture Talent

Finding the Next Steve Jobs: How to Find, Keep, and Nurture Talent

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  257 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
A Simon & Schuster eBook. Simon & Schuster has a great book for every reader.
Published July 16th 2013 by Simon Schuster

To ask other readers questions about Finding the Next Steve Jobs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding the Next Steve Jobs

Yeshasvi
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got this book as a Christmas gift when the secret Santa event was organized in my last company. I was so happy that i got a "book" (probably the happiest person on the floor) and now after reading it i am happier that i got "this book".
I am almost sure that i myself would not have picked up this book, not that i only read fiction but the "How to ...' stuff generally does not appeal me and yes this book is not those usual management lessons types.

Thanks to my secret Santa for the book.

The boo
Jose Papo
Feb 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book should become a must read for HR Professionals and also for anyone participating on hiring interview loops. Gives many tips about what to know about job candidates and also a fundamental part: how to nurture and keep creative and A talent in your company.
Khalid Alomran
Good book. Worth a read. However, at times the author kept mentioning how he guided Steve Jobs or how Steve Jobs always came to him for advice, and to me it was a bit annoying as if he tries to showoff how he taught The man that co-created Apple.

Another thing I usually dislike in any book or topic is when the author takes the side of one idea a little too much. It can get biased at times.

But overall worth a read and anyone including those who care about work culture and recruitment would find so
Cici suciati
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Suka banget buku ini karena tulisannya pendek-pendek. Haha. Buku ini berguna banget buat para manager atau business owner yang bergerak di bidang kreatif. Bang Nolan ngasih tau gimana cara bikin suasana kerja yang kondusif buat para kreatif, gimana cara ngomong sama tim kreatif, gimana cara mengeluarkan potensi terbaik dari seorang staff creative. Karena seumur hidup saya hampir selalu bekerja di industri kreatif (alhamdulillah) maka berasa connect banget sama buku ini. Terlebih yang pas bagian ...more
Soundview Executive Book Summaries
Finding the Next Steve Jobs: How to Find, Hire, Keep and Nurture Creative Talent by Nolan Bushnell with Gene Stone was chosen by Soundview Executive Book Summaries as one of the Top 30 Business Books of 2013.

THE SOUNDVIEW REVIEW:

When it comes to business book titles, few books released in 2013 have the attention-grabbing potential of the newest Soundview Executive Book Summary: Finding the Next Steve Jobs. What separates a handful of the numerous books that attempt to metaphorically map the DNA
Jay
Mar 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business, audiobook
When Bushnell says "talent" in the title, he means "creatives", as he repeats quite often throughout the book. This is a book of ideas about how Bushnell and other, typically Silicon Valley types find and hire creative people. I found a number of ideas presented, most very interesting. There was some repetition. What I was looking for but didn't find is that Jobs is mentioned in a couple of places but I was expecting more on Bushnell's relationship with him, or his observations. There are a few. ...more
Patricia Baker
this book had a lot of interesting thoughts about how to be that next greatest creative person. I would want to work at a company like google or apple with all those creative ideas flying about. I find it interesting that the author advocated putting bed or sleeping compartments in the office to refresh
minds. how does this same idea work, say for example as a night staff at a hospital. and what about those friday night pizza/beer parties on the loading dock. would I ever see non alcoholic bevera
Frank Weever
Apr 02, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: snazzy
I agree with the proposition of integral circumstantial force, but really, is creativity going to stop the flow of ketchup onto my plate of fortitude and dalliance? I don't think so. Steve Jobs was a frequent shopper at Bartlett's Finky Dink Shop (and Crusty Emporium) so he knew, he KNEW DAMMIT! But what about the rest of you? What about little Susie on the corner of Elk and Schmelk? Will she know? Will she ever feel the lime lighting her way towards destiny?

That's what I'm worried about. And yo
Leader Summaries
Desde Leader Summaries recomendamos la lectura del libro Encontrar al nuevo Steve Jobs, de Nolan Bushnell y Gene Stone.
Las personas interesadas en las siguientes temáticas lo encontrarán práctico y útil: recursos humanos, atraer, motivar y retener a los empleados, y técnicas de creatividad.
En el siguiente enlace tienes el resumen del libro Encontrar al nuevo Steve Jobs, Cómo encontrar y gestionar el talento creativo para una empresa: Encontrar al nuevo Steve Jobs
Santy
Nov 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is awesome. Nolan has explained very nicely about the key-points to be taken care while searching for employees who can play the major roles in running business by entrepreneurs. Reading just once gives a high-view, by keep on reading again and again you can become another Nolan. The olden days are gone where people are commited to work. In today's culture, few set of people do work only to earn and survive. Identifying right person with right attitude to contribute for the working company's ...more
Barbara Ellis
Quick read. Aimed more at business owners and managers than at folks like me. Steve Jobs was lucky to find this guy as a mentor. If not I might not be typing this review on a hand held computer. Also I am not giving this book to my children. I do not want them showing up dirty to their job interviews and telling the interviewers how to do their jobs.
Philippe Dame
If you're trying to hire and retain creatives, some of this counter-intuitive advice might be useful and help you relax your starched white collar. Nolan Bushnell is legendary and his track record speaks for itself. Though I think many companies would find his prescriptions tough to follow, they can at least buy the book and imagine being so creative themselves.
Rick
Jul 14, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
I would have enjoyed this book a lot more if it was a straight bio of Nolan Bushnell, who is pretty wacky and awesome and successful in his own right. One of those successes, though, was discovering and first hiring Jobs, and this book ties the two together through characteristics of great leaders. It's a pretty tenuous link, and the book is a smidge repetitive, but a good read nonetheless.
Leasing Foundation
This is not just a book about creativity, or hiring creatives, but about how to lead effectively. It's by Nolan Bushnell, Atari founder, who has probably been through more success and failure than most leaders. He talks about risk, leadership and innovation in a way that is accessible, simple but not trivial.
David
Some quirky tips mixed with an appealing presentation and format. Sounds exactly like the sort of book that recalls the founder of the Apple company, Steve Jobs. I purchased this book to get a few tips on how to enhance the role for a colleague. That particular challenge continues bit this book was not without it's' merits.
Juan
Nov 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mr.Nolan is a genius.His message is simple, and available to anyone who will take the time to listen and absorb. Quite simply it is a spirited and insightful road map for anyone trying to navigate the of work -- .

received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
LeikHong Leow
Sep 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A book which is a simple easy to read, given many great ideas on finding and recruiting talents, especially creative talent.

If you're an HR personal, this is definitely one of the books you should have on your bookshelf.
Paul Kalkhof
Nov 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book because Nolan Bushnell is probably my favorite CEO/Executive of all time, and a hero of mine. I recommend this book who is interested in any of his companies, and/or wants to have a creative, innovative environment in their workplace.
Colin
Apr 03, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
interview 03.04.2013 on bbc world news - pick bullied people, those who don't do well in interviews, etc.
Karolis
Jun 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good number Of tips to keep in mind when building creative environments.
Gregory Kaplan
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Clever, fun advice for creative entrepreneurs and entrepreneurs in creative industries. Lots of great ideas. Pithy and charming.
James Cham
Mar 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I once met Nolan Bushnell a few years ago and although I wasn't prepared to invest in the company he was working with, I did want to spend a week asking him questions. This is almost as good!
Michal63
Oct 02, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Quick read. Insights into both Nolan Bushnell and Steve Jobs. All interesting but nothing too deep.
James
May 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to James by: goodreads-giveaway
Very good book. I have learned so much from this book. Truly wonderful. Won via Goodreads Giveaway.
Stephen Leung
Nov 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a fun nice read on hiring, the author is very funny
LJ
Apr 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: didn-t-finish
This book was fascinating about how to hire and work with creative people. I just didn't have time to finish it this round.
Matt Stroder
Nov 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bushnell gives insight into his business practices with an illustrious list of what he refers to as "Pongs".
Stephen Gow
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting ideas about recruiting by the founder of Atari
Yukari Watanabe
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short & simple. The messages are clear. That's all you need for this kind of book. Therefore, it deserves 5 stars.
Debbie
Feb 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great ideas on how to attract and keep creative people on your team. Warning, some ideas are a little out there. We probably can't have Friday keg parties at work!
  • Can't Buy Me Like
  • Leadership and the Art of Struggle: How Great Leaders Grow Through Challenge and Adversity
  • Tuesday Morning Coaching ... Eight Simple Truths to Boost Your Career and Your Life
  • Likeable Business: Why Today's Consumers Demand More and How Leaders Can Deliver
  • Extreme Trust: Honesty as a Competitive Advantage
  • SmartTribes: How Teams Become Brilliant Together
  • Teamwork 101: What Every Leader Needs to Know
  • Icons and Idiots: Straight Talk on Leadership
  • How to Change Minds: The Art of Influence without Manipulation
  • It's Not Just Who You Know: Transform Your Life (and Your Organization) by Turning Colleagues and Contacts into Lasting, Genuine Relationships
  • The Human Side of Enterprise
  • Think Like Zuck: The Five Business Secrets of Facebook's Improbably Brilliant CEO Mark Zuckerberg
  • A Team of Leaders: Empowering Every Member to Take Ownership, Demonstrate Initiative, and Deliver Results
  • Carrots and Sticks Don't Work: Build a Culture of Employee Engagement with the Principles of RESPECT (Business Skills and Development)
Nolan Key Bushnell is an American engineer and entrepreneur who founded both Atari, Inc. and the Chuck E. Cheese's Pizza-Time Theaters chain. Bushnell has been inducted into the Video Game Hall of Fame and the Consumer Electronics Association Hall of Fame, received the BAFTA Fellowship and the Nations Restaurant News “Innovator of the Year” award, and was named one of Newsweek's "50 Men Who Change ...more
More about Nolan Bushnell...