Start by marking “Cursed By Destiny (Weird Girls, #3)” as Want to Read:
Cursed By Destiny (Weird Girls, #3)

Cursed By Destiny

(Weird Girls #3)

Celia Wird and her three sisters are just like other 20-something girls—with one tiny exception: they're products of a backfired curse that has given each of them unique powers that make them, well, weird…...

Celia’s a girl in trouble.  Her heart is bound to Aric, but he is a pureblood were who must deny her or risk condemning his species to extinction.  And that’s just her
Published January 7th 2014 by Signet

Please note that although this review won't contain spoilers for Cursed by Destiny it will include spoilers for previous books in the series.

Celia is devastated after Aric left her and his fast approaching wedding to another pureblood were isn't making her feel any happier. She can't stay living at home with her sisters surrounded by Aric's warriors but she can't be on her own thanks to the demons who are constantly trying to take her out so she has no other option but to accept Misha's offer of
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
I think I may have liked this book best due to Celia's crazy instructors.

End of last book, Aric tells Celia that even though they're mates, which supposedly means they're together forever on a soul level, he's leaving her because the Elders tell him he has to. He's a pure blood and the Elders are going to use him like a stud, marrying him off to another pure blood. So much for soulmates, Aric is a wimpy liar douche.

Celia leaves home and moves in with Misha at his vampire castle to lea
Patrycja

Release Date: January 7th, 2014
Rating: 3.5 stars
Cliffhanger: Yes
HEA: (view spoiler)

I will keep it short and simple.

As much as I loved previous books by Cecy Robson, Cursed by Destiny played on my nerves a little bit. The characters and writing style were still amazing, but the constant new drama addition made my head spin. There were enough tragic events to fill all series instead of one installment.

A
Shelley
Jun 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
*Genre* Urban Fantasy Romance
*Rating* 4.0

*My Thoughts*

I should totally warn readers that before you read through this full review, you must know that I am absolutely a mess after reading Cursed by Destiny. So much so, that this is actually the third draft of my original review! I hesitated making outrageous commentary while huffing and puffing and tossing this book across the room more times than I cared to count.

As of this writing, I am glad that the po-po didn't come knocking on my door with a
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)
A giveaway at UTC with my review...

Heart breaking yet again. Ms. Robson took me on a wild spin of emotions. Where I started just loving one hero, now I’m In love with three. Ah hell, I’m such a cheat. Misha and Aric were just amazing, and the ending left me with such a heart ache, I don’t know how I will last til the next installment of this series.

Keertana
Nov 07, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: why-the-hype
Rating: 2.5 Stars

Considering I skimmed the last third of this novel, it is clearly time for me to part ways with this series. Robson's debut UF Series is not a bad one, but it just isn't one for me. Quite simply put, the focus on romance throughout these books just throws me off. With Sealed with a Curse, the first novel in this series, the love story was simply beginning and, therefore, kept to a minimum. With the second book, however, the romantic angst was notched up and with Cursed by Destin
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
Apparently, my previous assessment holds true: Cecy Robson sure knows how to write good romantic urban fantasy. She is, in fact, excellent at what she does and she keeps giving us one successful installment after another.

Cursed by Destiny is no different. A fabulous cast of characters, great action scenes, and a romance that will turn you into a puddle of goo someone will have to mop right off the floor. This is a series you can easily get invested in. I guarantee you will feel both joy and hea
Tiffany
Jun 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-12-of-2014, own
Ok so I'm just going to ignore that last sentence in the synopsis. It can't be true..well b/c it JUST CAN'T *cries uncontrollably* DONT DO THIS TO ME CECY!!!!!!! OH SO.MUCH.PAIN. I want to read this book but that last sentence UGH who am I kidding. I'm buying this sucker the minute it releases.

EDIT 2/13/14

OH MY GOSH!!!! My emotions are all over the place. What. The. Heck! That ending was not what I was expecting and OH MY GOSH what we find out if both shocking and totally awesome.....well the
Janessa Sanio
Sep 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I feel like a lost child at the mall and will continue to feel this way until this book is published.

Update on 4/1/14:

Pre-ordered on Kobo! Major jelly over those who received the book earlier but I am bidding my time until 7 Jan to devour it. Who else can't wait?
Sophia
Nov 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Okay, its official! Cecy Robson is one of the grand dames of cliffhanger finishes and she does it with like two sentences. She layers a shock on top of a shock so that I just sit there staring at the last page with a whimpering 'no, it can't end there' on my lips before hoping like mad that the next book is coming out some time this year or praying for strength if the release date is more than a year off.

This was the third book in the series and the events follow closely what came before so thes
Delta
2.5 grudgingly-given stars

Quitting the series with this one. Celia and Aric never seem to catch a break that lasts more than 30 seconds. The evil one behind it all was obvious at about 30 percent, so the reveal on the final pages was anti-climactic. There is not enough relief from the constant angst and despair over Celia and Aric’s continuous separation to make the story enjoyable.

It’s a shame because it could have been excellent. Celia is a great kick-ass heroine, and she and her sisters are t
SheLove2Read
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Do you know why this series is consistently only a 4 star read for me? ARIK. Arik is an asshat extraordinaire. At this point, I'm rooting for anyone BUT Arik as the hero. I cannot understand why the author wrote such an idiot for a hero figure. It boggles my mind.
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
We all have those authors that we absolutely adore and those series that we anxiously sit on pins and needles waiting for the next book to be released. Series that when we do get them into our hot little hands we want to weep for joy because we just know we are going to be blown away. Those books that we can't help but devour in one sitting even though we try like heck to make the story last but, we can't help it, we love the storyline and the characters way too much to not devour it, no matter ...more
Kt
Nov 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review originally posted on my blog: A Book Obsession..

I absolutely adore Celia. The men in her life, not so much, but I'll get into that messy love fest in a bit. Celia is so utterly strong, yet incredibly vulnerable, that you just can't help getting swept up into her emotions right along with her. And let me tell you, this book was a doozy when it came to rampant emotions! Between Celia, and her sisters if one thing wasn't going wrong another was, making for an incredible amount of heartbreak.
Under the Covers Book Blog
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Ms. Robson has not written a book that did not deserve a five star rating. I just don’t think she can ever disappoint. As I said before in my previous reviews, Ms. Robson “can deliver
Prami{reader and dreamer}
Could the plot be any more obvious? and could the characters get any more dumb? The villain or the 'dark one' as they say was pretty obvious in my opinion but it took the characters entire book and the one before this to figure it out. And ofcourse the love life of Aric and Celia couldn't get any worse. *sigh* 1.75 stars
Feminista
Apr 27, 2016 marked it as never-to-read
Skim read.

Aric finally decides to fight for Celia. A little too late. He is so pathetic and weak. Why couldn't he have fought for her when the Elders first decided to separate them?
Noor = BookreadingFiend♥
WAhhhahahaa!!
This series started out ok, not great but not bad either. Now I.NEED.THE.NEXT.BOOK !!!! I'm in fangirl mode right now!!!!!!!!!

Sorry don't have any other words!!
Ren Puspita
Jun 20, 2013 marked it as own-unread
Shelves: own-mass-market
Not with Aric? You gotta be kidding me, right?

And can they forward the release date? *sobs*
Amanda
Reviewed for: Where the Night Kind Roam

Cursed by Destiny by Cecy Robson is the third book in the Weird Girls Series an action packed humorous Urban Fantasy series with a bit of romance for you romance lovers out there. This series is on my up and coming favorite paranormal series, so if you haven’t been reading it, you’ve been missing out. It has all of the great elements, lots of paranormal (witches, special powers, vampires, were’s, demons, etc…), good laughs to be had, a love triangle, and to
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Jun 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

The WEIRD GIRL series appears to be moving further away from Urban Fantasy territory, and more into the Paranormal Romance zone with every installment. Celia & Aric’s romance has taken center stage, and the amount of action is on the decline. Now, that’s not necessarily a bad thing, just not what I expected when I originally picked up the first book. I also spent a significant amount of time thinking that I’d imagined a major twist only to stop mid-listen to read A C
Iris (Paranormal Cravings Book Reviews)
Wow amazing! Tear robbing page turner. But what a killer end, It is almost a crime to let it end this way! Desp. waiting for more! This one needs to be on your auto buy list.

Full review coming in dec/Jan.
Peta
Sep 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Puuuuuuuullllllleeeeeeeaaaaaassssseeeee don't make me wait an extra month to read this series!!!!! Please please please
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. God. Yeah, that's pretty much what I said after finishing Cursed by Destiny by the talented and yet just a tiny bit evil towards her readers, Cecy Robson! Why you may ask? Because of the last six words at the ending of this book. Yup, six words. Six simple little words. And they're only the end of the sentence. And the worst part? No word on book 4! Eek!

Okay, let's move onto my review. Because I truly did enjoy this one from beginning to end...minus the last six words which just drove me
Lucy Dosch
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Warning: Contains Spoilers if you aren’t up on the series!
Celia Wird is still nursing a broken heart after left behind by her true love. Aric is from a long line of purebloods and he has been ordered by the Elder counsel to marry another pureblood to help replenish his species. But Celia has more problems than just Aric’s upcoming wedding to Barbara the bitch.

Since she is unwelcome at the were‘s Den, Celia has been living in guesthouse on the property of Master Vampire Misha and training with hi
Stephanie
Dec 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
ORIGINAL POST: http://fangswandsandfairydust.com/201...

CURSED BY DESTINY Do You Believe in Destiny? Review & Giveaway!

E-Galley provided by publisher via Net Galley for review purposes. No remuneration was exchanged and all opinions presented herein are my own.

The poor Wird sisters, and Celia in particular, have totally gotten the shaft. Totally, and in every sense of the word. Cecy writes the characters with a lot of emotion and creates empathy in the reader, or at least me. I just want to
☕️Kimberly
Jul 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Confession; I have mad love for the Weird Girls series and author Cecy Robson. When I got my hands on an early copy of Cursed by Destiny there may or may not have been a lot of fangirl squealing. Once again, Robson had me in her grips as she took me through this action–packed installment that gave us more of Aric and Celia while having us battle the Tribe. Mini review: My thoughts on closing the book-intense, kick-ass, action-packed and Cecy Robson is evil, evil, evil.

Celia has taken up residenc
Μαρία Γεωργοπούλου
That was good! I knew that this series would be one of my favorite urban fantasy series and this book just proves it! Non-stop action, humor, romance, alpha males and badass women, make this book an amazing read! I couldn’t put the book down!

In this story the Wird sisters and the whole supernatural world found themselves in a huge trouble. On top of that, Celia is heartbroken because she can’t be with Aric and she lives for her safety with Misha who is definitely in love with her. Between her co
Blodeuedd Finland
Feb 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was angry at Aric for a great deal of this book. He is supposed to marry someone else (cos the wolf leaders are assholes). But he kept coming to her, wanting her comfort and was all hell no! You stay away! Aric was hurting, Celia was hurting. It was painful to read about. I just wanted him to go away, he made it so much worse. I so want to go and kick that one wolf elder in the butt, dang him!

But the book was about other things too ;) I liked Misha for awhile (I still do), I just do not think
Cheryl La Pa
This series just keeps getting better. It is a light, funny read which kept me captivated and laughing out loud. It was full of action and suspense with a fast paced plot and smoking hot romance. Celia is has gone from being weird and shunned to being sought after by the males, and I love her witty sarcasm, strength and resilience as well as her vulnerability and naivety. The other characters have me hooked too - Mischa, Aric and Tye especially. Though I think the humour is what keeps me coming ...more

• Banishing the Dark (Arcadia Bell, #4)
  • To Catch A Vampire (F.R.E.A.K.S. Squad Investigation, #2)
  • Elysian Fields (Sentinels of New Orleans, #3)
  • Tooth and Claw (The Harry Russo Diaries, #2)
  • Night Blade (Colbana Files, #2)
  • Hot Blooded (Jessica McClain, #2)
  • Darkness Taunts (The Sensor, #2)
  • Save the Last Vamp for Me (Discord Jones #3)
  • The Nasty Vamp
  • Come Hell or High Water (Hellcat, #5)
  • Burning Both Ends (Guardian Witch, #3)
  • Vikings Unleashed: 9 modern Viking erotic romances
  • Sweet Chaos (Kali Sweet, #2)
  • Black City (Black Wings, #5)
  • The Trouble With Fate (Mystwalker, #1)
  • Shapeshifted (Edie Spence, #3)
  • How Beauty Saved the Beast (Tales of the Underlight #2)
CECY ROBSON is an author of contemporary romance, young adult adventure, and award-winning urban fantasy. A double RITA® 2016 finalist for Once Pure and Once Kissed, and a published author of more than eighteen titles, you can typically find her on her laptop writing her stories or stumbling blindly in search of caffeine.

Connect with Cecy online at www.cecyrobson.com, twitter.com/cecyrobson or fac

Weird Girls (8 books)
  • Sealed with a Curse (Weird Girls, #1)
  • A Cursed Embrace (Weird Girls, #2)
  • A Cursed Bloodline (Weird Girls #4)
  • A Curse Unbroken (Weird Girls, #5)
  • Of Flame and Promise (Weird Girls, #6, Flame #0.5)
  • Of Flame and Light (Weird Girls, #7; Flame, #1)
  • Of Flame and Fate (Weird Girls, #8; Flame, #2)
“It was the ultimate jilted ex-girlfriend moment.

Empty boxes and wrappers of Tastykakes littered the bedroom floor while Celine Dion's "All By Myself" blasted away for the 100th time. Tears streamed down my face as I devoured the last cupcake.

There was no point getting out of bed. I had Celine, a box of tissues, and was moving on to the Butterscotch Krimpets next.”
4 likes
“I don’t sleep anymore. And I haven’t known happiness since the day I left your arms. I don’t expect your forgiveness nor do I deserve it for what I’ve done to you and to us. Just know that I hurt along with you, that I suffer without you, and that I’ll love you forever.” 3 likes