Start by marking “Santa's Cookie Elf” as Want to Read:

Santa's Cookie Elf

Christmas is a magical time of the year. Santas toy factory builds a lot of toys for children all over the world. His flying reindeer help him deliver all those toys in one night and at every house the kids leave Santa their favorite cookies. Wow! That has to be millions and millions of cookies. Now if elves help build the toys, and flying reindeer get Santa to every house ...more
Published August 20th 2012 by High Hopes Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Santa's Cookie Elf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Santa's Cookie Elf

Start your review of Santa's Cookie Elf
Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)
I received this book for free through Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

Yup it's almost that time of the year again! I know it's only October and Halloween and Thanksgiving have not even come yet but I always enjoy a book or two around this time meant for Christmas anyway..

Santa's Cookie Elf is a very cute children's Christmas time book about what happens with all the cookies that are left out for Santa to munch on during his visit.

I did enjoy the book, it was a cute, fun and quick read.
Storywraps
Dec 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Christmas is in the air. Magic is everywhere with thoughts of reindeer being able to fly, Santa magically appearing with a big bag full of toys for you on Christmas Eve, and the very fact that he is able to make a whirlwind trip completely around the world all in one night is almost unbelievable! There are now almost 7 billion people inhabiting this globe and Santa is said to visit them all. When he sneaks into your home and deposits your gifts he looks around and discovers the cookies you left ...more
Megan
Oct 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.

SANTA'S COOKIE ELF asked the question I never worried about during my childhood: 'How does Santa Claus eat all those cookies in one night?' Honestly, it never once came to my me. Blew my mind that this book addressed this 'issue'. I supposed at least one kid was wondering how Santa ate every cookie in the world and still kept his figure or how else would this book exist? However, the answer to the question actually depressed me
Sharon Tyler
Dec 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Santa's Cookie Elf, written by Richard Parrette Jr. and illustrated by Muideen Ogunmola, is a charming picturebook that answers the question of just how Santa could possibly eat all those cookies. The short answer, he does not. Santa has a special cookie elf that accompanies him on Christmas Eve and eats all the cookies that Santa can not. One young boy discovers this for himself when he spots the cookie elf at work.

Santa's Cookie Elf is a cute book that helps answer some of the Santa related
E-Book ASIN: B00FG0EBT0
Pages: 32
Genre: Children's Fiction
Tags: Fairy Tales, Myths, Christmas, Holidays & Celebrations, Bedtime Stories

Finally the we know the secret on how Santa can eat all those cookies in one night. He has a little help from his friend the Cookie Elf. When he is discovered he fears he has been left
Melissa
This book had a cute concept - while Santa is busy delivering the gifts, he has a designated elf with a magical stomach who follows him around and eats all of the cookies laid out for him. It was written in rhyme, but my biggest issue with it was that the poetry had no rhythm to it - even within stanzas it was sometimes jolted - and thus made it hard to read. It also included, in the back after the story, "recipes" written by children aged 8-10 for what they believed were Santa's favorite. ...more
zapkode
Oct 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
{my thoughts} The illustrations in this book are spot on for the words between it pages. It is just beautiful. This book is Christmas themed and it is a theory on how the cookies left on plates with milk are eaten on Christmas Eve. I have to admit it is an interesting concept, however we all know Santa always has helpers everywhere. Some of the words are a bit complex for younger kids and the older kids that would understand them probably would have zero interest in reading such a young ...more
Amanda
Nov 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a cute children's book about a boy that discovers an elf in his home. He learns that the elf eats Santa's cookies for him so that there are none wasted. It is a cute story and the illustrations are very good. There are some funny cookie recipes after the stories that I think parents will find amusing. I did!

Disclaimer: I received the ebook from the publisher in hopes that I would leave a review. Regardless, all opinions are my own.
Elizabeth B
Oct 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Super cute story perfect for holiday storytimes. With cute pictures and rhyming text, it will appeal to even the littlest of toddlers. Just make sure to have some cookies to serve at the end of the story!

This would also be great for holiday giveaways...package a cookie mix(don't trust the recipes in the book! :D), a cookie cutter, and the book and you have a great book themed gift for families.
phoenix
Dec 07, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arc, galley
This jolly children's story features colour illustrations with short text. Some lines rhyme although the meter is all over the place. The cookie recipes at the end seemed very poor. Naturally, children would like to make cookies but these recipes seemed a joke. Temperatures and cooking times were extreme. Twenty teaspoons of milk is a fiddly measure which requires numeracy. In the review copy, it doesn't seem like the recipes were tested.
Beyond the Pages
Nov 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Santa's Cookie Elf was a sweet, little book with a very unexpected surprise. I can honestly say that I was not expecting a cookie elf to be Santa's helper. It was charming.

This would be a very good stocking stuffer for the little boy or girl who wants to smile.

Loved the kid-friendly recipes in the back!

A complimentary copy of this book was provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Jay
Oct 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
This copy kindly provided by NetGalley on behalf of the publishers

great to see a Christmas story that focuses on something other than Santa, reindeers or even the presents.

I know this subject came up at least once while I was growing up; how does Santa eat all those biscuits? drink all that milk?

easy! he has magical elves to help him out!

there's much more to think about at Christmas than just the presents & how Santa get's them delivered :)
Patricia Ann
Oct 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
How does Santa eat all those cookies and
what is his favorite cookie? These
questions are answered in a rhyming
tale about Santa's cookie elf.
Small children will love this tale
especially if read before making
Christmas cookies for Santa. Perhaps
they will add their choice of what
Santa's favorite cookie is.
Muideen"s illustrations are colorful
and fit the storyline perfectly.
Theresa
Oct 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Jr., Richard Parrette
Have you ever wondered how Santa eats all the cookies left for him, he has help. this is a cheery little book about a little elf that finds a nook, a job just for him, includes cute recipes for cookies, suggested by children. Loved the pictures, loved the concept it would be a darling of any elementary school library.
Bridgette South
My daughter (5yrs old) and I read this book together. She said that the pictures made her feel happy and that she thought the elf was funny when he ate all the millions of cookies. She wants to try the recipes at the end of the book, but we haven't yet.

This was a reviewer's copy from Netgalley. The review is solely the opinions of my 5-year-old daughter.
Laura Elizabeth
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars, and maybe 5.
This was seriously adorable. Probably the cutest children's book I've read in a while, especially the newer ones. It tells a great Christmas themed story, one kids would enjoy a lot. I think it could make for new traditions instead of making cookies for Santa, making some for his Christmas Elf too.
Jenny Mandeville
Dec 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute story!
Amanda
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
best book ever

Best book ever I love how they talk about the cookie elf not just Santa
Stacy
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Hildegart
Nov 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
I was hoping it would be a little funnier than it was. Also, not the best setup to read on my Kindle app. My problem, not the book's.
Stacie