Start by marking “Love the One You're With (Sex, Love & Stiletto, #2)” as Want to Read:
Love the One You're With (Sex, Love & Stiletto, #2)

Love the One You're With

(Sex, Love & Stiletto #2)

Lauren Layne’s Sex, Love & Stiletto series simmers to a boil as two high-powered magazine writers find love amid a war of words.

As a leading columnist for Stiletto, Grace Brighton has built a career warning women about rotten, cheating liars. She just never suspected her fiancé would be one of them. After Grace takes a heart-mending hiatus, her first assignment is to go
Published December 9th 2013 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about Love the One You're With, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love the One You're With

Start your review of Love the One You're With (Sex, Love & Stiletto, #2)
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really should thank booktwt for helping me discover these books. I’m having a romantic blast so far.

Love The One You’re With was tamer than the first story but I enjoyed this one way more, and the characters were more fleshed out as well with more risks and more at stake.

Like I said before, these books feel like watching a rom-com and I’m so in the mood for those lately.
• Lisa •
Sep 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 LOVED UP STARS

Lauren Layne I heart you and your gorgeously romantic books ...

description

Ladies there's a new batchelor in town. Prepare yourselves to fall in love with one charming, delectable character. Welcome to 'Love the one you're with' a story about finding love where you least expected to. Lauren Layne is fast approaching my favourite find of this year, and I'm confessing right now that I would stalk any of her new releases like a true addict should. Here are my book thoughts ...

What's it all
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
5 "HeSaidSheSaid" Stars!

photo Love the One Youre With - Lauren Layne_zpswo3bdbmw.png

So, continuing my reading of Lauren Layne's Sex, Love & Stiletto series, now with the second book. Love the One You're With is about Grace Brighton (a journalist in the female magazine and a woman who has just taken a love hiatus after realising his long-time boyfriend has been cheating on her) and Jake Malone (a journalist in Oxford magazine and the one chosen in this 'experiment' to write a joint article with one of the girls in Stiletto, who -obviously- happens to
Catarina
4 “He Said She Said” Stars.

Stiletto Magazine, now working together with Oxford Magazine, brings us once again one controversial issue. Both gender magazines and both of them trying to make their readers understand better the scary “other side”, they decide to throw two journalists to the arena and make them “fake-dating” in order to understand what both genders want from the other person when in the process of dating… and of course, telling all the details to their public and let it decide who h
Amy | Foxy Blogs
**4.5 'Mostly Likely to Succeed' stars**

Love the One You’re With is book 2 in the Sex, Love & Stiletto. If you like chick-flicks then you’ll enjoy this fun, cute book. It’s like watching a fun date movie.

Stiletto magazine is broadening their horizons by having a friendly competition with their counterpart; a men’s magazine Oxford. The readers will decide who wins this competition- the women or the men.

Grace has just found out her long term boyfriend has been cheating on her and she decides to
Stacey is Sassy
May 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cont-series
description

She went from a cheater to a manwhore…brave (or stupid).

I liked Love the one you’re with, I just wasn't completely in like with the couple.

Let’s be serious for a second…not all love stories are believable and definitely, don’t leave you with the feeling that they can stand the tests of time. This one was sweet, a little quirky and had some laugh out loud moments. I’m just not convinced this couple had staying power. Too many hits that left marks, feelings that were denied or shoved down to avoi
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
5 stars

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

This book... gave me a ton of book butterflies. Grace works for a women's magazine and Jake works for the men's one. They team up to go on several dates and have to report their first impressions.

It was a slow starter but it set the scene for us to understand Jake and Grace better. Every kiss and every date between the couple had my heart doing flips.

...but believe me, this little thing we have will end up with us in bed one way or the other

I love the banter between Jake
♥Rachel♥
Oct 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-e-book
4.5 Stars

Lauren Layne has quickly become one of my favorite romance authors, and Love the One You’re With is another win. Ms. Layne has a talent for writing a fun, flirty romance with some surprisingly deep emotions at the center.

Grace Brighton is one of the resident Stiletto magazine writers with a regular column as the “relationship expert” in the love, sex, and relationship section. She had thought she was in a stable, loving relationship and on the way towards walking down the aisle until s
. (not active on this account stop adding me)
me 24 hours ago: lauren layne's books are boring

my friends: why are her books boring?

me, 24 hours later: i never said that. lauren layne is my friend.
shirley ♡
Aug 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, fake-dating
I really had fun reading this book; it was cute and fast to read. Can’t wait to read the other books.
Syndi
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is actually the first book I read in this series. And to my surprise, this book took me by surprise. I enjoy it more than I expected. The story is nothing new. A fake relationship in order to write an article on magazine about relationship. Grace and Jake can not be more opposite polar from each other. Grace is more wife material while Jake is adventure material.

Despite their differences, they falling in love in such sweet and cute way. The banter is also quite funny. It reminds me of that
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
3.75 Stars!!

BR with my Loveys...Melissa & Denisse!!! <3
(ARC provided by Random House Publishing Group via Netgalley)

photo image_zps56f3bfc1.jpg

This is Grace Brighton's book.
The "Love" portion of the "Dating, Love, and Sex" trio of Stiletto Magazine.

She's recently broken up with her boyfriend of 8 years, Greg.
Grace is still licking her wounds and is a novice to the dating scene, since Greg has been her long-time boyfriend since College.

Things are about to heat up for Grace's personal life and it's all thanks to a new p
Robin (Bridge Four)
I'd write a real review except I'm binge reading these and already started the next book.

Let's just say...

Grace:

- I love her, sure she was cheated on and her whole world just fell apart but she is still so damn likable.
- Six months swearing off men? Great idea in theory but that is when you know the right one will pop up.
- Her 2.0 version fighting with the 1.0 version in her head so funny.

Jake:

- Typical player who really wants to settle down he just doesn't know it yet...and still he is pretty d
Bindi Boo
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

I'm on a roll with this author. Her books are short and sweet with mild angst towards the end. A little bit of 'how to lose a guy in ten days' meets 'never been kissed'
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
Hmm. So this is what it feels like to rate a Lauren Lane book anything less than five stars. I mean, come on, I knew this day would come eventually because literally every book she writes is better than the last in my eyes and that kind of obsession can’t live forever, but…still. It’s oddly unsettling. A lot of it may have been my preconceived notion that I never really connected with Grace and that there was no way I could love her story as much as Riley or Julie’s even before grazing the first ...more
Lyndy Ann ♫
Aug 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
I love this series, it is funny, sweet, sexy and romantic.

This is Grace and Jake's story. Grace and Jake are assigned to work together for their magazines a hesaidshesaid column who knows who best men vs women. We get plenty of flirty banter between Grace and Jake and then they soon hot up when they start sleeping together. Loved the last chapter predictable but still sweet.

Read all 3 in this series and I can't wait for Emma and Alex's story The Trouble With Love next year.
Srikari
Sep 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People who don't mind a little cliché!
4 Stars

Okay first of all this book creeped the hell out of me.. want to know why? Because I have been cloned, into Grace(at least the 2.0 version of her). I mean do u find a person who loves white roses, has chocolate for a staple diet and wants to kick asses of guys(yup the 2.0 version) everyday? And I was like
description
(I swear to god, u can go check out my profile, it has all these details)
written) *shivers*
And just because I am that AWESOME I loved this book about Grace(/me), though I seriousl
c
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
best sl&s couple ...more
yasmin
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Jake was not a long-term investment. Jake was like chocolate. Really freaking good in the moment, but best as a treat to be sneaked here and there. Grace couldn’t live on chocolate. She needed.

Damn, this was supposed to be a very cute read but THE ANGST IS REAL I almost cried and ended up shedding tears because you just can't not see the chemistry between them like Jake is basically in love with Grace the whole time he's just too dumb to realise his own feelings.

But being stupid with their
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
*4.5/5 Stars*

I am completely addicted to Lauren Layne's books!  They are fun, sexy and keep me entertained until the last page.  She has this amazing ability to suck me in, become intertwined in the characters lives, and care about what happens to them.  Did I mention how much fun they are to read?!  Jake and Grace's story is no exception.  They will make you laugh and melt while following their lives.
He hesitated. “I’m not a total dick, Grace.”
“Oooh, now see, we’ll have to differ on that
nick
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, contemporary

Two words: JAKE MALONE! <3
yvee
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
these hets got me by the throat y’all
Hollis
"Have you ever read an Oxford article? I've been doing my research, and I can see why a woman who picked up the magazine would write a scathing letter to the editor. Their male columnists seem to think all women have a secret desire to make sandwiches and give blow jobs."
"Wait. We're supposed to aspire to more than that?"

Okay, so I'm going to start out with the good things about LOVE THE ONE YOU'RE WITH. It's kinda a hate-to-love. Or rather a battle to one up the other while battling their attra
jordane
4.5

Grace and Jake own my heart
Keertana
Nov 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
I've been trying to figure out what exactly it is that makes Lauren Layne's novels work so well for me. I do think her romantic plot lines are a little too familiar, and yet, aren't all of them? For me, what puts Layne on par with other contemporary romance writers I've enjoyed, such as Julie James, is the fact that she writes about women who are finding their way in life, either by re-creating themselves or putting themselves out there in new and terrifying settings. Grace, in Love the One You' ...more
♥Sharon♥
Nov 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 Solid Sexy and Sweet Stars for me!

Aww, that was sweet. :)

This is the first book I have read by this author and certainly will not be my last. I really enjoyed reading Love The One Your With. It was a sweet and sexy read. This was a perfect book for that lazy Saturday!

I guess you could say Grace Brighton had it all. She is living in New York City, she writes for a magazine Stiletto’s, has great friends and has long-term boyfriend. Most recently she writes an article title “Ten Signs He’s Cheati
justine
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“It’s like this, Grace. I love you. I do. And I know this isn’t a romantic way to say it, and I should probably have truffles and Merlot and some shit, and instead someone just spilled beer all over my foot, but that’s the way my love is going to be. A little bit messy, completely confused. But it’s real.”

they're my best people period
Sam (AMNReader)
Well, this is always interesting. I seriously loved this hero. The heroine was decent too, though nothing particularly stood out about her, thus the 3 instead of 4. The story was a pretty stupid set-up, but hey I liked that too. Fun, sexy, quick read.
Dee Montoya
Jan 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
***3 He said/ She said Stars***

BR with my Girlies Melissa and Patty...
(ARC provided by Random House Publishing Group via Netgalley)

This is the second book on the series Love, Sex & Stilleto; it was every bit of romance in the city and Mr. Delicious Jake Malone, who had me falling hard for his sexiness, and those very hot make out sessions in the back of a taxi cab that just make me want to move to New York City and look for him...

Grace Brighton is recently single after she finds out her boyfrien
Claire Robinson
Nov 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 Stars.

Love The One You’re With is the second book in the Sex, Love & Stilettos Series. Lauren Layne is another one of my 2013 discoveries, and is definitely on my auto-read list.

Book 2 focuses on Grace, we do get an insight into her life in After The Kiss (book one) and a little indication as to how things are going in the relationship department for her, however things have changed drastically when we join her in Love The One Your With.

Grace is trying to deal with the ultimate betrayal, and
Cannot Find Book. Romance. 1 6 Mar 12, 2018 01:40PM
First Chapter Snippet FREE 1 7 Nov 14, 2013 08:26AM

• The Billionaire Bachelor (Billionaire Bad Boys, #1)
  • Tempting Devil (Sinners and Saints, #2)
  • The Second We Met (Fulton U, #2)
  • The Perfect First (Fulton U, #1)
  • Love Irresistibly (FBI/US Attorney, #4)
  • Wherever You Are (Bad Reputation Duet, #2)
  • The Third Best Thing (Fulton U, #3)
  • The Bastard Billionaire (Billionaire Bad Boys, #3)
  • It Happened One Wedding (FBI/US Attorney, #5)
  • Whatever It Takes (Bad Reputation Duet, #1)
  • Reckless King (Kings of Rittenhouse, #2)
  • The Billionaire Next Door (Billionaire Bad Boys #2)
  • Touch & Go (Dare to Love, #2)
  • The Scheme
  • Truth or Dare (Dare to Love, #1)
  • A Lot like Love (FBI/US Attorney, #2)
  • Now and Then (Dare to Love, #3)
Lauren Layne is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of more than two dozen novels, including Hot Asset, Hard Sell, and Huge Deal in her 21 Wall Street series, as well as her Central Park Pact series. Her books have sold more than a million copies in nine languages. Lauren’s work has been featured in Publishers Weekly, Glamour, the Wall Street Journal, and Inside Edition. She is bas ...more

Sex, Love & Stiletto (4 books)
  • After the Kiss (Sex, Love & Stiletto, #1)
  • Just One Night (Sex, Love & Stiletto, #3)
  • The Trouble with Love  (Sex, Love & Stiletto, #4)