Start by marking “Reasons My Kid Is Crying” as Want to Read:
Reasons My Kid Is Crying

Reasons My Kid Is Crying

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  668 Ratings  ·  103 Reviews

Published April 1st 2014 by Three Rivers Press (first published April 2nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Reasons My Kid Is Crying, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reasons My Kid Is Crying

karen
Jun 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-laughter
another blog-turned-book i am just hearing about now. late to the party, getting the joke too late... but this shit is hilarious, so i don't mind being all alone.

now, some of you, knowing me, may look at this book and think, "oh, karen likes it because it is a book full of crying babies and their distress gives her pleasure." untrue! while i may not like kids overmuch, i am not a monster!! and there is a certain measure of uncomfortable recognition in these pa
Paula
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you need a good laugh and have about 20 minutes to spare, this is the book for you. I had to stop reading it at a restaurant because sitting alone and laughing uproariously is not a good look for me.
Jess Michaels
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
Makes me laugh hysterically and I don't even have kids.
Sarah Oldham
Apr 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you have a toddler, this puts all those ridiculous tantrums into perspective. when you get right down to it, they're hilarious. My kid threw a 15 minute screaming crying tantrum cause I wouldn't let him put the tweezers in the toaster. Just yesterday we had a melt down cause he couldn't take the "future customer" shopping cart home from Kroger. its something everyday but if you find the humor in it, its not nearly as taxing. this book is an amazing description of how... really... we're at the ...more
April Thompson
Jul 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
After 16 years of motherhood, all I can think about it how awesome this book would have been for me to read as a single mom raising my son. Of course I would have submitted pics! What's the point in having kids if you can't laugh at them once in a while. Who am I kidding? You can make fun of them all you want!

This is truly a hysterical book comprising some of the best moments of why children cry. Pick it up and give it a go. You can thank me later.
Emmy
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious! Just as fun as the website :)
Ryan Dejonghe
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Cute. There’s no better word for it. It’s relatable and funny. If you’ve been to the blog, you know the book. Every page is a picture and description, with a few chapter introductions and personal stories to break it up. The stars of this show are the kids. By the time you are done laughing and reminiscing, you’ll probably think of a few pictures to add of your own.

I read (and laughed through) this book on my own, then again with the wife and kids, and now again at lunch with my boss and co-work
Kirsti
Such anguish because there are no more presents to open. Such despair because the dad won't let the kid eat garbage out of the garbage bin. I often forget how overwhelming little kids' feelings often are.
Dwayne Fry
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Grabbed this book on my way out of the library to have lunch. I giggled all through lunch looking at picture after picture of children having meltdowns, along with the captions providing the reasons for the melt downs.

The best, by far, is on page 183.
Fiona
Nov 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ha, I could have contributed to this book tonight.
Lisa Lou
Feb 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-read
Humorous and very relatable. Makes you feel better knowing you aren't the only one...
Kirsten
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ben is on page 64 :)
Stephanie Erb
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love the Tumblr, I love the Twitter feed. The only disadvantage of the book is that it ends. Greg Pembroke has a lot of talent and I hope to see more in the future.
Rebecca
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: parenting
Yes, most of these photos of children wailing, with their captions of the ridiculous reason why, are on the website. Still hilarious. Especially since my four-year-old sobbed himself to sleep tonight because his pajamas had the wrong kind of tag on the side. (Not that he doesn't want the tag. I could cut out the tag. He demands a specific kind of tag, down to fabric type and placement, which exists on maybe a quarter of his shirts at most. We're out.)
Louise
May 22, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: parenting
Not nearly as funny as I'd imagined. The observations either felt staged or were over-thought. Ah well. It's just good to know that bub, as a toddler, will be crying because the world is inexplicable, and I shouldn't take it to heart.
Nicole
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
So hilarious and true. I am going to make my own little book of my soon-to-be born daughter's completely logical tantrums!
ʚϊɞ Shelley ʚϊɞ
This book is hilarious, laugh out loud funny. You don't even need to be a parent to appreciate it.
Shari
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hilarious
Sandy
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: funny, non-fiction
So funny. I lucked out with my kids. I don't remember them crying over silly things like in this book. An absolute trip looking at these kids. I will have to look into the authors blog.
Lauren Sev
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
this book was super super cute i loved it
Lucia Juliao
Mar 22, 2017 rated it liked it
I expected to like this a lot more. Maybe if I had kids I would like it better, but I really was just super annoyed with these kids (and I guess all kids in general) by the time I was done.
Jenna
Jun 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
When I received Reasons My Kid Is Crying by Greg Pembroke, I knew I was in for a great read. And I was right. For much of the book, I was in tears prompted by laughter!

The book is based on Tumblr sensation, Reasons My Son Is Crying, which the author started after a career change which meant he would be a stay-at-home-dad two days out of the week. At the time, he and his wife had two boys under the age of two. As he writes in the introduction, "I knew things would get crazy, but no one could hav
Margie aka The Bumble Girl
Jul 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
In this hilarious book, the author shares pictures and quotes from parents capturing their own children having epic meltdowns over the most bizarre reasons.

As a parent, there is no way to deny that all of my kids have had a memorable moment or two that left me shaking my head in wonder - why is my child crying? Why is he so hysterical that his shoe is untied? Why did he just throw himself onto the floor because I used the red cup for his juice and not the yellow? And one of the best - he's cryi
Lorelei Miller
Author Bio via the publisher: Greg Pembroke is the father of two sons (and the husband of one wife) from Rochester, NY. He works part time as radio advertising copywriter three days per week and stays home with his young sons two days per week.

This book is absolutely hilarious, more so if you are a parent or around small children a lot! It is a glimpse into the life of a parent or caregiver. Children are brand new to this planet and they are unfamiliar with it's ways and customs. They don't qui
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hilarious insight into the weird world of toddlers.
Miss Pippi the Librarian
Are you familiar with the blog http://www.reasonsmysoniscrying.com/? If so, this is a small glimpse at the blog in book form! If you are not familiar with the blog, please go and take a look!

In the book, Pembroke shares snippets of why some crying episodes happen and working with little ones, I do agree. They're new to the world around them and they cannot always comprehend what's happening or why things happen. Sometimes it can be heartbreaking, but other times hilarious! As adults, we've exper
ERIN SCHMIDT
Jun 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
I don't have kids. I'm too old to remember being a kid. I do remember the time my younger cousin Andrew cried because his mom bought him new G.I. Joe underpants but wouldn't let him take the package of them into the baseball stadium with us. With the privilege of being at a distance from childhood tantrums, I find them hilarious.

That's why I chose to read Reasons My Kid Is Crying by Greg Pembroke. Some of the reasons for the unhappy faces and tears captured in the submissions therein are perfect
Angie
Nov 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Synopsis: "A glimpse into the tribulations of parenting that is part documentary, part therapy, and completely hilarious.

It all started when busy father Greg Pembroke posted a few pictures online of his three-year-old son, mid-tantrum, alongside the reason his son was crying: He had broken his bit of cheese in half. In Reasons My Kid is Crying, Greg collects together photos sent from parents around the world, documenting the many, completely logical reasons why small children cry. Among them: “I
Colleen
Jul 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book just happened to arrive on a very busy day of work, and vacation bible school. Before I knew it, or had a chance to even open to the first page, my bible study friends were sitting around my livingroom, passing this book around, laughing and reading excerpts out loud to each other.

"This book is hysterical!"

"My daughter has to see this!"

After they left I sat down alone with it and had to completely agree with them. This book IS hysterical and oddly comforting. It is a collection of
Julie
May 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Really, this is a three-star book for me, but it gets a bonus star for the awesome blog it sprouted from, which I have been enjoying for quite a while.

Frankly, if this blog had existed when my kids were little, it would have changed my life. Little kids cry over the most ridiculous, most aggravating things, and it can drive you nuts! The brilliance of a blog that parents can submit to is that, instead of pulling out my hair, I would have been watching and waiting for those moments so that I coul
  • F this Test: Even More of the Very Best Totally Wrong Test Answers
  • Marriage Illustrated with Crappy Pictures
  • Reasons Mommy Drinks
  • Stories from a Theme Park Insider
  • Living with a Black Dog: His Name Is Depression
  • Interior Desecrations: Hideous Homes from the Horrible '70s
  • The Xenophobe's Guide to the Danes
  • Wreck the Halls: Cake Wrecks Gets "Festive"