Start by marking “The Wedding Gamble” as Want to Read:
The Wedding Gamble

The Wedding Gamble

Preschool teacher Laura Nichols is celebrating her birthday and sister's bachelorette party in Vegas. Being in Sin City is thrilling and she intends on tapping in to her wild side. Laura can't resist the added excitement that comes with saying yes when a hunky man off the street proposes...
FBI agent David Abruzzo has been working undercover as a thug to bring down th
Published July 8th 2013 by Entangled: Indulgence

To ask other readers questions about The Wedding Gamble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wedding Gamble

Amy
Jul 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
The Wedding Gamble by Cindi Meyers is sweet, flirty and fun. I had a hard time putting it down. I am sucker for shy wallflowers finding their inner beauty and self-worth and the sexy men who knew it was there all along. This story is about curvy preschool teacher stuck in a rut. Then one night in Vegas, on sister’s bachorlette party, she agrees to marry a sexy stranger. Turns out he is undercover for the FBI trying to take down a Mob family. Now Laura’s life is turned upside down as she puts her ...more
Janell Sutherland
Jul 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Here’s another “Got wasted in Vegas and ended up married” story, and it was great fun, proving that predictable works if it’s written well. Laura is in Las Vegas for her younger sister’s bachelorette party. It’s also Laura’s birthday, not that anyone remembers. She’s having a miserable time until one of the bridesmaids gives her some “generic aspirin,” and then Laura is wandering the Strip in a loopy haze. She meets David outside of a wedding chapel, and he asks her to do him a favor. Laura alwa ...more
Sheri (Tangled Up In Books)
Originally posted on my blog: Tangled Up In Books

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. The Wedding Gamble was the perfect amounts of sweet, steamy, adrenaline fueled danger and laugh out loud funny. I enjoyed every fun and exciting moment of it.

Laura was such a fun MC to read. She's a preschool teacher and the type of girl who puts everyone's needs above her own, a bit of a pushover, safe, dependable...hate to say but a bit boring? She always does the right thing
Cynthia
Shelves: reviewed
Posted on We All Make Mistakes In Books

I really enjoyed The Wedding Gamble. It's a fun, quick novel set in Vegas full of romance and mystery.

Laura is in Vegas to celebrate her sister's bachelorette party even though no one remembers is her birthday and her little sister is very self center. 27 Dresses style.
While doing an errand for her sister, Laura meets David in front of a chapel where he asks her to do him a little favor.
Now, Laura was a bit drunk and on medication, which is why she e
Lynn
Jul 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 Vegas Lights Stars!!

I was completely won over by Cindi Myers’ The Wedding Gamble. There are multiple tales of last second Vegas nuptials to complete strangers, but I have never read one quite like this. It was a story I HAD to read in one sitting to find out what happened.
Laura Nichols is “having the time of her life!” in Vegas for her little sister’s bachelorette party. No wait, that’s not right. She isn’t even close to having the kind of Vegas fun that Vegas always promises. Tha
Petra Grayson
Jul 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Laura went to Vegas to celebrate her sister's bachlorette party, but it's also her birthday. It seems that no one even remembers that she has a reason to celebrate too, so she ends up wandering the strip on her own and feeling a little loopy since one of the other bridesmaids slipped her something with her drink. That's when she meets David, who pulls her in to a wedding chapel and asks her to do him a favor and marry him. You see, he's FBI, tracking someone in the mob and some goons are getting ...more
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Jul 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, arc, romance
Posted on What I'm Reading

Last night I finished The Wedding Gamble by Cindi Myers. I personally liked the story. I thought it was cute and entertaining. Plus, who doesn't like a story set in Vegas? However, one thing that needs to be remember when reading a Vegas setting story is the likelihood of anything that happens in the story might not happen in real life. Second, it's a story and should be enjoyed as a story. With that said here are my thoughts on the story:

Laura Nichols is
Gaele
Jul 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: entangled, reviewed
Quiet and shy Laura has always been the sensible, quiet and serious sister often rolled over and taken advantage of by her younger, thinner and far more demanding little sister. Again Laura has been steamrolled into a bachelorette to celebrate her sister’s upcoming wedding.

A drunken wander later and she wakes up married to a man who is sexy, confident and dangerous. David is an undercover agent currently involved with the mafia, and being manhandled and threatened by two goons.

The story has se
Nicola
Jul 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
With romance, sexiness, completely loveable characters and a great (albeit unlikely) storyline, this book has it all. A fabulous read from start to finish, I loved every page.

Laura Nichol’s, a pre-school teacher, is in Las Vegas for her ‘perfect’ sister’s hen/bachelorette party. She’s sweet, sensible and dependable and her family expect her to put herself out for them. David Arbruzzo, an unbelievably sexy undercover FBI agent is witty, kind and protective and needs to prove to the mob he’s in V
Evelyn
Jul 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
I just finished this book and it was better than I thought it was going to be.

The book starts out with the heroine Laura in Las Vegas for her sister Rachel's(the pretty, thin, smart, popular sister)bachelorette trip. The trip also happens to fall on Laura's 26th bday which everyone seems to have forgotten. She doesn't complain, she just goes with the flow. At first I thought she was a bit of a pushover and I didn't care too much for Rachel.

Then when Rachel sends her off as if she's
Teacher1209
Jul 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
I SO loved this book! I saw it rec'd by The Fictionators and after reading the summary decided I had to read it. Laura changed from a meek, mid preschool teacher that everyone took advantage of to a tough yet tender kick ass woman who was David's match in every way. David changed too, from a hard hearted undercover FBI agent that didn't believe in love to a man who would do anything to keep the woman he loved safe. I also liked the secondary characters, Rachel, Laura's sister, who was the reason ...more
pinK
Jul 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-military
This book is completely swoon-worthy. Who doesn't sometimes feel that they could use a little excitement in their life? I know I do on a regular basis, so reading about a preschool teacher (which I happen to do part-time) being randomly picked out of a crowd to marry a hot FBI agent in order to save his life, was fantastic. I felt as if I was living vicariously through Laura, living a thrilling and dangerous life of undercover FBI agents and crazy mobsters.

Laura and David are a cute coupl
Donna
Jul 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Check your brain at the door and have fun with this “what happens in Vegas” story. Preschool teacher and all around good girl Laura Nichols is in Las Vegas with her younger, prettier, “perfect” sister and her sisters friends doing a bachelorette party week before her sister gets married. This is so not her thing but she goes along to get along. She gets separated from her sister and friends and somehow ends up in the arms of hunky FBI agent David Abruzzo who needs someone to marry him, quickly, ...more
The Smutty Kitty
Jul 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
As posted on The Smutty Kitty reviewed by KittyKelly

4 out of 5 Licks

I really enjoyed this book. It's interesting to see the marriage of convince outside of a regency type novel. While being grabbed and rushed into a marriage probably wasn't what Laura was planning for her trip to Vegas, she seemed to really enjoy to the wild trip she wound up having. I loved her playfulness and watching her really break out of her shell. David, a typical troubled man, was lots of fun too.
Chanel
For some unknown reason, I am drawn into books where a couple meet and a wedding fellows-immediately.
The Wedding Gamble is just that type of book and yet the storyline really holds your attention.
It is a story with humor, sisterly love, suspense, sizzling love scenes, trust, and love.
Laura is now one of my old time favorite female characters. How could David not fall in love with her? I actually was laughing a out loud when Laura explained the G Spot and the perfect position. She w
Ava
Jul 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: humor
this book was a fun book with real/fake wedding, mob, gay, hunk, gun/shooting.
Felt like running like those two.
Beside all this there were searching for confidence, jumping on opportunities and gamble for love, trust.
and also family love.
A quick read, funny and adventurous... quite cute actually.
Karin
Jul 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Mix together a preschool teacher, an FBI agent, the mob, Vegas, and an impromptu wedding and what to do you get? A fun read!! This story is a well-written mix of fun, danger, and craziness. Parts of it may make you laugh out loud. But the character and relationship development are great as well.

A fun, quick read!
J B
Jul 31, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 stars if I could. I rather enjoyed it - as I often find myself liking these strangers suddenly married in vegas type stories I dunno why. This one had a bit of a twist to it which made it more intriguing.
Elle (Ligia)
Gah! I am in happy land right at this moment.

I just finished reading and yeah, maybe it's a little too fresh to write a review just yet but rest assured that it was good! And the ending... yup, I am happy!
Katriena Knights
Dec 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
A fun, quick read. Very enjoyable.
Beth Thomas
Sep 24, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. A really good fast read. I would have given it 4 stars but I thought the ending was too abrupt.
Amanda
Oct 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult-romance
Cute read, but unrealistic in the development of the key relationship in the story.
Ryan
May 15, 2014
Jessica
Mar 25, 2016
Kristin
rated it did not like it
Mar 10, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Eight Christmas Eves
  • Must Like Kids
  • A Baby For Christmas
  • Her Man in Manhattan (Brannigan, #3)
  • Hollywood Holiday (Red Carpet, #2)
  • Soldier on Her Doorstep
  • Her Baby, His Proposal
  • Happily Ever Afton
  • Home for the Holidays
  • Wild at Heart  (The DeMarco Family, #2)
  • Fey.
  • Listed: Volume VI (Listed, #6)
  • Hiding Hollywood
  • Money Shot
  • The Barbarian's Mistress
  • Before (Betwixt, #0.5)
  • Blood Will Tell (The Gaian Consortium, #2)
  • Taste the Heat (Love and Games, #1)
Pseudonym: Cynthia Sterling

Cindi Myers worked as a newspaper reporter, travel agent and medical clinic manager before turning to writing full time. She's written both historical and contemporary romance, as well as dozens of short stories and nonfiction articles. Cindi thinks writers have the best job in the world.

Former president of San Antonio Romance Authors, Cindi is a member of R