Start by marking “Super Shred: The Big Results Diet: 4 Weeks, 20 Pounds, Lose It Faster!” as Want to Read:
Super Shred: The Big Results Diet: 4 Weeks, 20 Pounds, Lose It Faster!

Super Shred: The Big Results Diet: 4 Weeks, 20 Pounds, Lose It Faster!

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  503 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
The diet that works faster and forever!
SUPER SHRED
Using the same principles—meal spacing, snacking, meal replacement and diet confusion—that made his SHRED a major #1 bestseller—Dr. Ian has developed what dieters told him they needed: a quick-acting plan that is safe and easy to follow at home, at work, or on the road.
SUPER SHRED
It’s a program with four week-long cycles:
Published December 31st 2013 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Super Shred, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Super Shred

Angela Helton
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This plan works! I have PCOS, so losing weight is a nightmare. In my 30s now, it's become so much more challenging. I tried Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, a low carb diet specially designed for me by the dietician at my endocrinologist's office and NOTHING. I once lost 3 pounds in a month; so depressing! Then I heard about Shred and Super Shred on The Doctors TV show. I was willing to try anything! I lost 11 pounds in 4 weeks!!! While it's not the 20 I had hoped for, it was huge for me. In fact, ...more
Shavon Moore
boring
Adrienne Bibb
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very good follow up to the first shred book. It is way more difficult, especially week 3!
Ashley
Jun 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
I picked this up as desperate attempt to get in shape before a wedding. I did not follow the diet super closely and managed to lose about 7-8 lbs in a month. May not sound like much, but that's about 2 lbs/week, which is not an easy thing to do.

Here's what I liked:
-the diet forced me to change my portion sizes
-I was not usually hungry, because it had me eating many meals a day
-it laid out plenty of meal/snack options, so I didn't have to do much guesswork on my own
-it pushed me to find the very
Lisa
Mar 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Although I didn't lose the 20 pounds the book says you could lose in 4 weeks, I did lose 10 pounds in 3 weeks and I am happy with that result. The information in the book is very informative and it also includes many 100 and 150 calorie snacks along with soup and smoothie recipes.

The technique is basically carb cycling which Dr. Ian Smith explains very well in the book. Each week has different meal plans that are outlined specifically to maximize your metabolism. I will definitely do this progr
Isa
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
I read this on the recommendation of a colleague. There's plenty of sound advice in this book, including rounding out your meals with healthy snacks and lots of fruits and veggies, as well as tips for staying hydrated and for ensuring your workouts don't work against you. That said, I think the content wasn't for me: Dr. Smith provides a detailed meal plan you must follow for a month. I would have liked this book to include more about his diet philosophy and less menu information. I understand t ...more
Michelle
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I liked this book. IT is a no nonsense approach to short term quick weight loss. I you are wanting to start a diet and get positive results quick then this is the diet for you to start with. Then you should switch to a lifestyle weight loss regime.

I love the clear way that Dr Ian Smith lays out the diet plan with meal plans that you can easily customize, and great low cal snack recipes.

The foods that you eat are sensible and healthy. No processed foods. Just whole food goodness.

Susan Leeke Burkett
Very tough program!

After reading the book my only comment is Dr Ian Smith Super Shred is tough! I am using it as a great jump start program. Time will tell if it is effective. I have several issues with the program. The wake time coupled with the eating times are not easily followed if you work and have a family. I would ask that the time tables are adjusted for those who work to ensure success. Thank you.
Erin Overstreet
Sep 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Very easy to read, step by step instructions, real food, no gimmicks and it works! There is an explanation of each phase, a grocery list for each week/phase as well. Lists of snack suggestions are also useful. No counting calories for the most part. Sticking to the plan requires mental strength and it isn't great if you're trying to cook for a family with little kids. I am 8 lbs down and about half way through.
Marcella James
Feb 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Not only am I reading this book, I am following the program. As I near the end of week two, I have found that I am not hungry. I like that Dr. Ian's method gives you choices. If you have not had the opportunity to check out the book and need a solution to jump start your weight loss effort, this book is for you! SHRED ON!
Flora
Sep 21, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Haven't read it yet

Leave me alone just brought book today really u want a review well I don't have one okay
I also think it's bad u send these out not an hour after I got and then not let me pass it so I can review the book
Cathy
Jan 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Yea! I made it through the whole month. I only needed to lose 15 and I lost 9. I think that this book is geared more for people that have more that 20 pounds to lose and aren't already doing much exercise. If you fit into that category, I highly recommend this book.
Bethany McKay
Jul 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health
I LOVE this diet! It is a great way to change your life with actual healthy eating tips. I would suggest the Shred Revolutionary Diet first, though. Also, I gave it one less star because I would have liked better tips for vegans/vegetarians.
Syntax787
its like if the south beach diet and the fast diet, had a baby. and youre only supposed to do it for lent lol. I liked the concept and the fact that he is promoting a solution for those last stubborn pounds people cant get rid of.
Liberty Abbott-Sylvester
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I plan on buying this book. Of all the books I've read this one seems really doable! Want to try the diet out.
Vanessa
First week in & 6.6 lbs down

Once I planned my days a few at a time ahead of time, book is easy to follow! looking forward to results at end of fourth week.
Meredith Gray
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
A bit unrealistic. I was hungry the whole time I did it.
Robin
Awesome! I lost approximately 13 lbs in 4 weeks.
Thea
Feb 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
I am not sure this will work but I will be willing to try it for four weeks.
Tamya Crawford
Jan 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shredder for life

Dr Ian Smith has done it again, plans to live by. And as always simple repeatable steps make both Shred plans easy and fun to follow.
Dee
Feb 21, 2015
Missy
Aug 03, 2014
Lisa Fredricks
rated it did not like it
May 12, 2017
  • The Millionaire Falls Hard
  • Nobody's Hero
  • Knife Skills Illustrated: A User's Manual
  • Love, Song & Dance
  • The Exercise Cure: A Sports Doctor's Guide to Maximizing Your Dose of the World's Greatest Medicine
  • Enough Good News (Good News Series #1)
  • The Drop 10 Diet: Add to Your Plate to Lose the Weight
  • The J Spot
  • Mr. Personality
  • Be your own best life coach (52 Brilliant Ideas)
  • Beautiful
  • Buck-Naked Faith: A Brutally Honest Look at Stunted Christianity
  • Come, My Love
  • The Personal Credibility Factor: How to Get It, Keep It, and Get It Back (If You've Lost It)
  • Brunch at Bobby's: 140 Recipes for the Best Part of the Weekend
Ian K. Smith, M.D.,Ian K. Smith, M.D. is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of SUPER SHRED, SHRED, THE 4 DAY DIET, THE FAT SMASH DIET and EXTREME FAT SMASH DIET among 7 other books including, SHRED Diet Cookbook , EAT, Happy , and The Blackbird Papers. His newest book, THE SHRED POWER CLEANSE, is available 12/29/15.

He is a former co-host of Emmy-winning “The Doctors” TV show, and a medica
More about Ian K. Smith...