Start by marking “Operation Date Escape” as Want to Read:
Operation Date Escape

Operation Date Escape

Since her divorce two years before, Kelsie Collins has been determined to guard her heart and steer clear of seemingly ‘perfect’ men. An easy task considering the kind of men her matchmaking mother and her best friend, Nanci, keeps setting her up with. She allows them to set her up, knowing their hearts are in the right place and that there is no risk of her letting any ...more
Published June 13th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Operation Date Escape, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Operation Date Escape

Start your review of Operation Date Escape
Anuradha
Surprisingly, this wasn't bad.
Kate McMurry
Quirky, chick-lit-infused, romantic comedy

Kelsie views herself as a "twenty-seven-year-old version of Tinker Bell," except with red hair instead of blond. She is currently strongly turned off to men because two years ago she divorced a man who, at the time of her marriage, she thought was "perfect" but who turned out to be a conniving, lying, unfaithful jerk. She has no real desire to get involved with anyone, but her never-married mother and man-hungry best friend are constantly urging her to
Joy Novel Thoughts
This book had me laughing or loud! Kelsi's mom and best friend were setting her up on bad blind dates, after her divorce, and Kelsi decided to make lemonade with the lemons she been given. This all changed when a tall, dark and handsome fireman kept showing up to rescue her from these disastrous dates.

I was in tears, from laughing and from a broken heart.
Tabitha Jones
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous read. This book will have you laughing your head off. In this book Kelsie is set up on numerous dates by her mom and her friend. Not only is going out with them she tries to escape at each event which puts her in some compromising situations. not wanting to fully give her heart away again as she was divorced a few years ago. She decides to use these dates as a way to get her first book out published. Never did she think that she might truly find a real man that is worth risking it all ...more
Emily
Kelsie Collins has her meddling mother and oversexed best friend to thank for her current predicament, another date from hell. At least she will get good research on how to escape the date in a creative way. When she meets firefighter Cole Maxwell though the game changes, the chemistry is off the charts but Kelsie informs Cole he is too perfect to date. Cole has a plan to change Kelsie's mind, but she is not going down easily.

Hilarious story, I was laughing out loud the whole time. Best friend
Lindsey Brookes
Jun 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is my newest contemporary romance. Available at several different ebook outlets. I've pasted the blurb for OPERATION: DATE ESCAPE below. Happy reading!

Angela
Oct 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

Kelsie Collins had a bad marriage, an emotional divorce, and a plan for a bad date escape book. Her best friend Nanci and her mother Melinda helped out by setting up blind dates just a little too often.

When Kelsie tries to escape from an especially horrifying blind date, she gets rescued by hunka hunka burning love firefighter Cole. And then it happens a second time – a bad date, fudged escape, and rescue by Cole. It has to be fate!

Kelsie and Cole go through customary ups and downs in
Delene Yochum
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book, it's fun, sensual and heartwarming! Kelsie has a well meaning Mother, a mother who continually sets her up on blind dates and Kelsie has to figure out ways to get out of them. As you're reading you think why does her mother send her on dates with these men and why does Kelsie keep going on them! Most of them are just downright awful :) Both Kelsie and her Mom have their reasons. Enter Cole, this gorgeous sexy fireman, he's saved her from two crazy escapes ...more
Tamara
Feb 13, 2016 rated it did not like it
Nana Prah
Feb 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
A make you laugh out loud romance. Who knew a firefighter and a dental hygienist could be so combustible, yes the pun was intended.

I thought the book would be more about Kelsie’s bad dates which would eventually lead her into a romance with Cole, but the sparks between them were instantaneous when they met. The romance took a little bit of time to fully explode, but was worth the short wait for them to get together. (Please forgive me for the fire references. I can’t resist)

I flew through this
Molly McMurray
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a great read !

It's never happened before but this story took place in MY neighborhood- Columbus, Ohio, although more precisely in one of its neighboring 'burgs - Worthington. So cool! A very nice 'guy likes girl who's gun-shy, girl bolts to protect her heart'' story with a slew of horrible dates (frogs) Kensie had to go out with before being rescued by her knight in a shiny firetruck. Classic!
Deborah
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I honestly can't remember the last time I read a book I enjoyed as much, as well as wonderful real characters and a lovely story it made me laugh till I had tears rolling down my face, I had to stop reading in bed since I was shaking with laughter and driving my husband crazy.
It's a fantastic book I love absolutely everything about it especially Cole
Dalene
Sep 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-2013
First, I would like to thank the author Lindsey Brookes for giving me this book for an honest review. Kelsie's character is some one that I could relate to, and Cole once he meets Kelsie, he has to work hard to win her heart, the story is funny, I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to reading more from Lindsey Brookes.
Shannon Binegar-Foster
Apr 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved every minute of this book, from the meddling mother to the string of horrible dates. This book had me laughing out loud several times. I received an ARC of this book in exchange for my honest review, which in no way influenced my opinion of this book.
Tiffany Oharriz
Sep 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
seriously, this was too cute for words. I loved it and all the whacky characters... what I wanna know is where can I get a Cole lol. If your in the mood for something both sweet and steamy this is definitely your pick.
Ree
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Kelsie is fed up of all the disastrous blind dates that her mom and friend, Nanci, have set her up with. She is so preoccupied with the faults of these horrible men, that she almost misses out on the man that is perfect for her.

This is a funny and sweet romance. You won't regret it!
Sandra Hearn
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. Spent the entire read with a smile on my face or chuckling.
Leelo7
Feb 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
I found myself smiling sometimes laughing out loud. I would recommend this book if you are looking for a light humorous book this is it.

Negar Arvanaghi
Oct 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Aww this was a sweet story. It really plays with your emotions.

I received this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Holly
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
It was a cute story, a little long in dialog at times but there were typically some funny lines in there so I didn't mind. Very likable characters.
Michelle
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book had me from start to finish! It was so hilarious and loved the characters.
Books By Ces
Oct 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Freebie.
Very funny and cute.
Marion Galvin
Sep 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

what a great writer! laugh out loud funny. the flow is great and the story line is different and with a sex crazed friend you won't put it down
Deborah
Feb 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
A fun read for a snowy afternoon or a good beach read.
Shauna Mc alary
Oct 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Really good light hearted romantic comedy def worth a read
Sandra Lopez
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Kelsie is the mastermind of date escapes, thanks to her overbearing mother and nagging best friend that keep setting her on bad blind dates. That’s what gave her the idea to write her book, Operation: Date Escape. My favorite was breaking a leg.

After being burned by a relationship, she avoids men, especially those “too perfect” men. Then she meets hunky firefighter Cole. It’s bad enough that she can’t help wanting this hottie, but does her mother have to keep insisting she get a boob job to nab
Alan T
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kelsie & Cole

Kelsie Collins is writing a book about her bad blond date experiences. After her divorce Leslie and her mother Melissa and bestie Nanci have been setting her up with what has turned out to be a seemingly never-ending series of bad blind dates. So she is keeping notes.

On a "girls night out" with Nanci she meets Cole Maxwell, a sexy looking fireman. She ends up dating Cole, but is scared of commitment.

This is a comedy romance with fair plotting and charactorization. Didn't
Beth
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Errors made reading this frustrating

There were so many grammatical errors, times when words were missing, etc. that it really distracted from my enjoyment of the book. It was a cute enough story. Also, there was no resolution to the secondary story line of Nanci & Joe.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Timber (The Mountain Man's Babies, #1)
  • This Beautiful Thing (Young Love, #1)
  • Murder and Mahjong (Divine Place Supernatural Cozy Mystery Book 1)
  • How Hard Can It Be? (Handcuffs and Happily Ever Afters, #1)
  • Fashionably Flawed (Hot Damned, #9)
  • Fashionably Fanged (Hot Damned #8)
  • Fashionably Dead and Wed (Hot Damned, #7)
  • Hell Hath No Fury (Federal Bureau of Magic Cozy Mystery #7)
  • A Fashionably Dead Christmas (Hot Damned #5)
  • Fashionably Hotter Than Hell (Hot Damned #6)
  • Holding Out (Hawks Motorcycle Club, #1)
  • Her Russian Protector Boxed Set: Volume 1 (Her Russian Protector, #1-3)
  • Fashionably Dead in Diapers (Hot Damned #4)
  • A Hero to Keep (Hawkins Brothers, #1)
  • The Candle Palace (Jamison Valley, #6)
  • Hell on Heels (Hot Damned #3)
  • Fashionably Dead Down Under (Hot Damned, #2)
  • Loose Ends: Volume One
Romance author Lindsey Brookes grew up reading romance novels. She penned her first romance, a historical, at the age of seventeen. From there she went on to join Romance Writers of America where she learned the ins and outs of the publishing business and ways to hone her craft. She switched to writing contemporary romance and has finalled in/or won more than 75 RWA chapter sponsored contests with ...more