Start by marking “Supernova” as Want to Read:
Supernova

Supernova

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  17 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
On Cleo’s first day at St. Aloysius Gonzaga Academy, things get pretty weird pretty fast. After being confronted by a strangely hostile boy, she meets two girls and instantly bonds with them. Before long danger threatens the entire student body, in the form of a soul eating possessor fae. When her brother is savagely beaten and left in a coma, the girls decide to use their ...more
Published October 2013 by Some Sharp Words

To ask other readers questions about Supernova, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Supernova

Laura Greenwood
Oct 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Blog Tour & Review forthcoming on http://a-reader-lives-a-thousand-live... - VISIT for giveaway & blog tour

I received a copy of Supernova in exchange for my review as a part of this blog tour.

Cleo has just moved to a new school, and is inexplicably drawn to two new best friends, Charlotte and Violet. But the three girls aren't just normal teenagers, they are fae, each with a unique power. Cleo has the powers one would associate with a star, Charlotte has to feed off blood (not killing pe
Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always
*I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.

Blog tour stop here! Mini review can also be found here.

DNF at 30%

I didn't find anything particularly bad about the book. It just wasn't my type of read, sadly. I was really looking forward to this one, but there was just something about it that wasn't likable... the writing style, maybe? Or maybe it was that I couldn't connect with the characters?

The book was written from three POVs, all of which I weren't interested in, to be honest. Each of
Wolfie
Nov 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
See my full review here

I'm not sure what I was expecting when I read this, to be perfectly honest. I thought the beginning was a little slow and the transition was weird. I already knew the girl was a fae so I spent a few pages waiting for that to be revealed. But after the transition, it really picked up. I enjoyed this book and I hope there will be more.

Characters:
I really liked how the POV changed between the three girls. It worked pretty well. I felt like I got to know each girl individuall
Monique
Nov 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Originally posted here: http://moniquesmobooks.blogspot.ca/20...

My Review

Cleo, Violet and Charlotte met at St. Aloysius Gonazago Academy. A place where the majority of the student body is made up of kids with fae backrounds. Much to the surprise of the girls they each developed an instant connection and quickly became close friends. Soon the girls discover that their friendship wasn't a random meeting, that their fut
Anna Moseley
Nov 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. Goodness. This book was completely addictive. I LOVED it. This book was really well blended. It had mystery, romance, plenty of action and best of all? It was about superheroes. I mean come on, who could not love this book?

When I first started reading I was thrown for a loop. We have three narrators, Cleo (the main narrator), Violet, and Charlotte. At first I was really kind of on edge about that because in other books with alternating first-person-pov I've seen, it was not done well.
Sabrina Olteanu
Nov 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in exchange for my honest review. Thank you Itching for Books and Elizabeth Sharp!

This book was something I didn’t expect. The twists, the drama and the waiting to see what happens next, managed to turn it into something brilliant written. And to add to its perfection, Elizabeth Sharp wrote the book from three perspectives: Cleo, Violet and Charlotte. They are the true best friends.

Cleo is a teenager with an ambition to succeed; she has always helped her mother to take care
Tia Bach
Oct 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Cleo, Violet, and Charlotte are drawn to each other and finally feel they have real girlfriends. Everything seems to be falling into place, until one of their male friends starts acting out--he's simply not himself. In search of answers, the girls find themselves in the middle of a war started before they were born.

Trying to take matters into their own hands, they form a superhero group with outfits, nicknames, and all. But they are facing evil that can take their very souls. Will good win out o
Sweets Books
Oct 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was surprised by this book, its defiantly a diamond in the rough. It was so much better than I expected. It wasn't your typical teenage hoo haa. It had everything from drama, angst, love, mystery and betrayal! It's a story of growing and accepting who and what you are. But most all forgiveness!

Cleo - What is their I can say about Cleo, she's a in your face and not afraid to back it up no matter the consequences. We learn she has a strong family bond and is very protective of them. As she meets
Alice
Oct 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
**REVIEW**
I received an e-ARC a change for a honest review

Super easy to read, funny, action and power to help others fae. The book is being narrated by 3 girls Cleo, the main voice, Charlotte and Violet. Each with a different style, even entries note pages, young girls a way to go toward adulthood. Since this is a good thing because every girl is a world with a different point of view will help to spin the story.

The story is starting with Cleo, she gives us this story

showing us

intruduccion fami
Erin Danzer
Oct 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just have to say, every book I read by Elizabeth Sharp gets better and better. I enjoyed Natural Selection (but I haven't read the other two books in that series). Supernova...

Supernova blew my mind.

I'll admit, I love superheroes. I'm not one that had ever read a comic book, but I enjoy the movies, cartoons, and books on occasion. Ms. Sharp took the idea of superheroes to a whole new level.

Cleo moves with her family to a new town and attends St Aloysius Gonazaga Academy, where a good portion o
Kevin Laslie
Dec 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
I really enjoyed this book. It was a quick read since I didn't want to put it down. I felt connected with several of the characters as they tried to figure out the trials of the story.

I did feel that a few of the characters were just pulled in and out of the story instead of letting them be developed as it goes along. Overall the story is about the three girls, and I understand not wanting to let the other characters take over.Just seemed odd that a character goes from being barely mentioned to
Donna Dull
Jun 15, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I am loving this project, and hope all of you will too. :)
Laura Goff
Nov 22, 2013
Nov 23, 2013
Carolyn Johnson
Nov 23, 2013
Elizabeth Sharp is the pen name used by Donna Dull. A full time mom and part dreamer, Donna is addicted Facebook while still recovering from her Dr. Pepper problem. A self-proclaimed techno geek, she loves cell phones, computers, tablets and all things technological. The internet has to be the greatest invention since the wheel, in her opinion. She lives in a quiet subdivision with her husband, yo ...more
More about Elizabeth Sharp