Start by marking “Vee Caught Offside (Soccer Sisters #2)” as Want to Read:
Vee Caught Offside (Soccer Sisters #2)

Vee Caught Offside

(Soccer Sisters #2)

Meet Vee Merino. More than anything else, Vee loves being part of the team, setting up crosses and taking shots with the other Bombers players. But she's the only girl on the Bombers who lives in a different town and attends a different school. These days it doesn't take much for her to feel like an outsider.
Published 2013 by In This Together Media

To ask other readers questions about Vee Caught Offside, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vee Caught Offside

Sindhu
Jun 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book. I think readers of all ages can appreciate the issues Vee experiences. As the child of immigrant parents, it was very refreshing to read a story that realistically portrayed the struggle between feeling different around your friends while also enjoying and being proud of your culture. I’m glad Andrea Montalbano was able to incorporate these concerns so seamlessly into Vee’s story. The book also presents readers with many female characters, all of whom have ver ...more
Teri
Aug 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is another fun soccer book by Andrea Montalbano with a great message. Vee gets caught up in a tough scenario that has one of her teammates telling her she doesn't belong. She believes all the hurtful things she's told, and begins to doubt herself. Once her father convinces her to follow her heart and talk to her best friend, she realizes everything is going to be ok.

As a parent, I like how the story explores the mean things girls can say and how girls take everything to heart. I think some
Christine Tormey
Jul 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Andrea Montalbano is a talented writer who speaks in a real voice to young girls about friendship, loyalty and life. My nine year-old daughter and I could hardly wait for the next volume of the Soccer Sisters series
to come out and it did not disappoint! The characters are so relatable, the pace of the narrative is addictive and the sports scenes are really fun to read! We just bought five copies to give to friends with summer birthdays. We heartily recommend this book!
Emily Lloyd
Jun 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love this series more and more as each new book comes out! The Soccer Sisters have the kindness, maturity, and sensibility I wished I had known at that age. Great role models for every young girl, especially middle-school aged.
Susie
Jul 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I adore this book and author. This story is realistic and fun to read. Your daughter will love it!
Shauna
Jun 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE the Soccer Sisters Series!
Strong female characters who struggle like the rest of us...But help each other pull it together and move forward...Just like sisters do...especially if they are soccer sisters.

Vee lives away from the rest of the team and goes to a different school.

When one of the team members hints that Vee is no longer welcome on the team, Vee has to take a hard look at herself and her family situation.

When she decides she wants to stay with the team no matter what she will nee
Stacy
Aug 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
(what a fabulous series for girls...I love the idea of them reading it as a team or class and having a "book club" type expierience...while we are bombarded with pretty little liar type books this is the antithesis ...female empowerment is not about bashing others rather lifting ourselves up...being part of a team teaches how to think of the group not just the self.
Ms. Yingling
E ARC from Netgalley.com

In this sequel to Soccer Sisters, we follow Val Flores as she works with the Brookville Breakers. She's never minded before that Brookville is a wealthy town, and she lives nearby in a not so wealthy neighborhood, but she starts to feel uncomfortable with Chloe's driver and some of her other teammates. Makena starts to talk about a dance she's going to at her school, and even goes shopping with some of the other soccer girls and doesn't tell Val. When mean girl Jessie sug
Ruth Wersal
Oct 02, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Megan
Aug 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Caught Offside will be a hit with the middle school audience. This is the kind of story I would have been drawn to as a young reader. I love that the author includes book club questions in the back. I received a free ARC from netgalley.
Stacey
Jul 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Soccer Sisters is a great book series for young girls and Vee Caught Offside is the latest and greatest. Real characters and soccer action scenes, good story, great lessons. Makes a fun gift for birthday party giveaways!
Andrea
Jun 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shiv Govindan
Aug 29, 2013
Nita
Jul 03, 2013
  • Winterfrost
  • Read All About It! (Dear Know it-all, #1)
  • Kate the Great, Except When She's Not
  • How to Cook in 10 Easy Lessons: Learn how to prepare food and cook like a pro
  • You Read to Me, I'll Read to You: Very Short Mother Goose Tales to Read Together
  • Safari: A Photicular Book
  • Cosmic Commandos
  • Unschooled
  • The Forest Feast for Kids: Colorful Vegetarian Recipes That Are Simple to Make
  • Obi, Gerbil on the Loose
  • Lighter Than Air: Sophie Blanchard, the First Woman Pilot
  • King Flashypants and the Evil Emperor (King Flashypants, #1)
  • Isadora Moon Goes to School (Isadora Moon, #1)
  • Ugly Cat & Pablo
  • Hissy Fitz
  • Prince of Underwhere
  • Pass Go and Collect $200: The Real Story of How Monopoly Was Invented
  • Turning Pages: My Life Story
The newest book in the "Soccer Sisters" series has just been published! Get your hands on a copy of "Caught Offside" here:

Amazon:

Barnes & Noble:

Once you've finished, please take the time to rate and review it right here on Goodreads!

**********

Andrea Montalbano is an author, journalist, mother and coach.

She grew up