Start by marking “World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)” as Want to Read:
World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)

World After (Penryn & the End of Days #2)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  76,348 Ratings  ·  7,510 Reviews
In this sequel to the bestselling fantasy thriller, Angelfall, the survivors of the angel apocalypse begin to scrape back together what's left of the modern world.

When a group of people capture Penryn's sister, Paige, thinking she's a monster, the situation ends in a massacre. Paige disappears. Humans are terrified. Mom is heartbroken.

Penryn drives through the streets of S
Published November 19th 2013 by Skyscape

To ask other readers questions about World After, please sign up.
Abigail This would make a good movie. plenty of action sequences which seems to be the only thing in movies these days
Day La
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Cait
Dec 21, 2011 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
This is me right now waiting for this sure-to-be-amazing book with a lot of my Goodreads friends:

I mean, come on! The first book was freaking amazing, and that last chapter.........that last freaking chapter. Damn. Can you all imagine what the second book is going to be like if the whole book is like that last chapter? Just think about it. I'd like to present you guys with..........

The Opening of the Second Book of Angelfall: A Tragic gif Play!

Caitlin is walking down the road one day when
Steph Sinclair
I was rather disappointed with this sequel because I didn’t find it as exciting an action packed as Angelfall. This may have something to do with Raffe and Penryn not being very exciting apart from each other, because for the first half of the book, I struggled to stay interested. On the positive side, the second half does pick up after Penryn and Raffe reunites and the horror aspect that we saw at the end of Angelfall really starts to shine through. I’m curious to see where this series is going ...more
Navessa
*SPOILER-FREE*

Picture this: the world ends, and you’re left with a schizophrenic mother who’s fallen off the deep end and a kid sister that looks like an autopsy victim with razor-blade teeth.

The humans around you are half-convinced that you’re hellspawn due to an unfortunate rising-from-the-dead incident, your one non-familial ally now looks like a creature from your nightmares, and since he also thinks that you’re actually dead, he’s abandoned you.

Now you’re being carted off to God-knows-whe
Etnik
4 POOKY BEAR STARS!

Mountain View

It was quite a good read.But I didn't enjoy this one as much as I did the first book.The beginning was boring and there were some moments that I wanted to put the book down and start another one.The story moved so slowly and it just didn't work out for me.But the other half of the book was quite interesting,not as good as the first book but there were some moments that I quite enjoyed.Also there was a funny moment that I couldn't stop laughing for an hour.That was my favorite

Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
*no spoilers*
Was that you, Pooky Bear?
There are a lot of themes of good vs. bad, the nature of evil, the length of which man will go to survive. As far as I'm concerned, the only message in this book that mattered is: you do NOT fuck with my sister, because I will hunt you down and I will make you pay. I understand it, and I admire Penryn for it.

I have a baby sister, I love her. We are the same age apart as Penryn and Paige.

...aaaand some years after.

It hasn't always been smooth sailing, but
Kat Kennedy
Dec 27, 2011 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Finish writing this book, damnit!

...then give it me! Give it me!
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
Scroll down for my full review.

My initial thoughts on 9/18/13:

On Friday, when I got my ARC of World After:
 photo Entangled_zps9ee97b56.gif

Also, because Amazon actually sent me an ARC!!!:
 photo holy-sht_zps5d58f8ff.gif

Friday night when I got home and sat down to crack this baby open:
 photo mybodyisready_zpsec4f6e8b.gif

When my family wanted to go out to dinner, then shopping, then a million other things that weren't reading:
 photo crazyeye_zps18662eca.gif

All weekend, when my family had other plans for my precious reading time:
 photo nerdrage_zpsdcc6139d.gif

Then on Sunday when I finally got to start reading:
 photo excited_zpsbe25007c.gif

As I was reading:
 photo carltondancing_zpsd6401aea.gif

When Raffe (view spoiler)
Emily May

World After ticks a lot of boxes but it simply isn't as strong a story as we were given in Angelfall. I don't know how many books are planned for this series but it seems to fall prey to what would be called "middle book syndrome" in a trilogy. The story plods along, giving the novel a weighted feel which made it easy to put aside at times (something that could never be said for the previous book). My rating leans towards the positive because I did enjoy this sequel - Ee has a talent f
Jude
Jan 21, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
HALLE-MOTHERCUKING-LUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A COVER (sorta) AND RELEASE DATE! FINALLY!

photo tumblr_mffx1kiedV1rd3v0ho2_400_zps4cd7ee75.gif
************************************
past updates
************************************

I've been a patient reader, I know writing sequels takes time but

When is this book coming out?????
 photo tumblr_m6pwuoNSop1roqztm_zpse662ede3.gif

No official publication date

No Summary

Not even book title!

>.< !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Susane Ee! end my suffering! I want to read the sequel :((

*sigh*

well... back to being patient.

Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦First of all, I think my hubby needs a pair of those angel wings. Angelplay could be fun, right? LOL

➦Second of all, this shit is great!

➦After reading this I know that angels are NOT after human pussy after all. They are actually all waiting for the judgement day! Woo-hoo! That clears things up.

➦And there are a lot of scorpion-looking flying weird thingies. And they fight with angels too. Like, wrestling and stuff. Kinda.

➦Scorpions sometimes wed too and wear wedding rings. They also might or mi
Brigid ✩ Cool Ninja Sharpshooter ✩
“It’s amazing how many times we need to go against our survival instincts to survive.”

WARNING: There will probably be spoilers for the first book (Angelfall) in this review.

I read the first book of this series about three years ago. I had my doubts about it, since it looked like some typical dystopian/paranormal romance, but a lot of reviewers were saying it had far exceeded their expectations, so I gave it a try.

And I was pleasantly surprised! Angelfall turned out to be a dark and atmospheri
Robin (Bridge Four)
So excited to read this AGAIN in April 27 2015.

Buddy Reading with Cathryn, Danae, Ashley, Angela, Tanya, Catherine, Sarah, Navessa, Brigid, Shandra, Ya, Andrea, Mindy, Maria, Annette, Kristen, Lea, Sara, Athena (Shardbearer), Brandi, Nicholas, Michelle, Tandie, Jenny, Amanda, Gavin, Armina and Shelly at Buddies Books and Baubles

Reread April 27:

Darker than I remember and I loved it. Susan Ee really builds in some horrific elements about how bad it can really get. I'm all refreshed now and ready f
Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister
*4.5 Stars!*

Absence really does make the heart grow fonder...

I LOVED this! I went into this sequel with some reserve, fairly unsure of what to expect, and I can honestly say that I fully enjoyed every moment of this suspenseful, action-packed, never predictable, twisted but just plain fun addition!

World After picks up directly where Angelfall leaves off, at the peak of chaos and calamity. The story follows Penryn as she unknowingly becomes a warrior for her kind ... fighting for the survival of
Ashwood (애쉬 우드).
"Don't talk. You'll just spoil my fantasy of rescuing an innocent damsel in distress as soon as you open your mouth."
-Raffe

This book was action-packed, suspenseful, and completely amazing!!! Even better than the first book, shockingly enough.

The plot got more complex but also clearer, the characters feelings, and emotions were revealed and the dangers and stakes were heartstoppingly intense and real, which was completely fantastic to read about!!

Raffe and Penryn are two awesome, fierce and fea
Dorreh
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh my that was truly adorable!

I won't opt for a long review, but this book is totally worth reading. When I started this series I had my doubts. So many biblically illustrious books tend to insult religions intentionally or not.
This book didn't really dwell on the religious aspect of Angela and demons, well not enough to cause annoyance anyways.
The book has a few flaws, the most dispensable being the fact that otherworldly angel who landed on earth only 2 months ago knows what a sharpie is, ca
description

“You broke me out of the grasp of a living horror when I thought all hope was gone. You gave me the opportunity to crawl back to life when no one else could. You're a hero, Penryn, whether you like it or not.”

Blurb: Penryn drives through the streets of San Francisco looking for Paige. Why are the streets so empty? Where is everybody? Her search leads her into the heart of the angels' secret plans where she catches a glimpse of their motivations, and learns the horrifying extent to which the an
Judith (Judith'sChoiceReads)

This book had better come out ASAP 2013. I need it now, like candy or Ian Somerhalder, and on second thought, perhaps even more. This one is going to be fantastic, no doubt about it! Hurry up, Ee, you officially rocked my socks, period.

Update: January 3, 2014

My Review

There are no words for this book. The funny thing is that I went in expecting nothing but perfection. Ee floored me with Angelfall and I just couldn't conceive of a world where the book following such excellence was lacking in an
Maureen
Jan 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just really love Penryn a lot, okay??

This was even better than the first one and I am really interested to see where this series goes!
Stacia (the 2010 club)
A teenager, a mutated girl, a tattered angel, and a sword named Pooky Bear walk into a bar...

[insert punchline here]

[end result = win]

4.5 stars. Spoilers for book 1 only. I promise that there are no major spoilers here for World After, but I am placing a couple of quotes in this review with the assumption that most readers would figure Penryn and Raffe were going to cross paths again at some point. I just won't say when or how.

Not that I wasn't already in love with this series, but when the swor
sreeja
Jul 12, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
3.5 stars :)
this book did not disappoint! it was nearly as good as the first one :D Although admittedly, the first part of this book was not nearly as action packed and suspenseful as the first one. The first book started out with a BAM and had me on the edge of my seat for the whole time but for this one, it was kinda boring at first to be honest.

photo 200_zpsnkdn8n9o.gif
i feel really bad for feeling bored but with raffe missing for a huge chunk of the book and the plot taking a bit of a time to get juicy i was really
Regan
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-owned-read
UHHHHHH SO GOOOOOD.

This series is just so fast paced and so entertaining that it is impossible to put down! I believe this may be a new fan girl series for me as I am already REALLY attached to the characters! Plus it makes my heart happy to know there are going to be quite a few books in this series :D

Also, Raffe is super hot, and that sword is super sassy.
Anne
I loved this, I really did...just not as much as the first book.
I think the reason has to do with the lack of Raffe for the majority of the time. He's off doing stuff, and Penryn is on her own trying to save the day.
Which is cool. Really!
I think the story was more entertaining when they were all bickery with each other.
*shrugs*

For those of you who don't like to know anything before you read a book, there are mild spoilers in this review. Be warned!

Ok, so what happens in this book?
Crazy-Mom get
Kat

We have a date on here.....October 10th??

I JUST NEED THIS BOOK!!!

..........
UPDATED NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so having heard a rumour going around on goodreads that Susan Ee had heard many of the fans prayers about book 2, I immediately checked her blog, as you do, and prepare yourself there is some EPIC NEWS!!!

ANGELFALL BOOK 2 WILL BE RELEASED IN FALL 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!

so yeah Fall 2013, while I can't say I'm too excited about waiting another year (I was still hoping for a Jan
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Dallas Commercial Photography

I decided to break my own rule of reading Book #2 in a series after finishing Angelfall last year and giving it 3.5 Stars (that’s like the equivalent of 7 Stars for most people). I’m giving World After a very generous 3 Stars in hopes that the soon-to-be-released Book #3 gets back on track.

The problem I have with YA books in a series is there always seems to be so much filler that should have been left on the cutting room floor. While
Anniebananie
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy Shit! Treffender kann man es denke ich gar nicht formulieren. Musste mir vorgestern nach beenden des ersten Bandes direkt den hier schnappen um zu wissen wie es weitergeht mit Penryn, Raffe und Co. Und ich wurde nicht getäuscht, denn ganz im Gegensatz zum klassischen etwas schnarchigen zweiten Band einer Trilogie, war das hier einfach ein wilder Ritt. Es passiert so viel und immer direkt Schlag auf Schlag, dass ich manchmal echt die Luft angehalten hab beim lesen 😅 die Charakterentwicklung ...more
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 creepy stars

photo world after collage.png

This book. Oh my god this book. I spent a part of it freaked out, another part grossed out and a third part of it I was heartwarmed. How does Susan Ee do this? Is she a brilliant author mastermind?

I remember when this book was released I got it in the mail from amazon and I ripped open the package and started reading right away, because I had to know Raffe's reaction when he saw Penryn ag
Anja
Apr 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*5 APOCALYPTIC STARS*

"It is painful to see that people prefer a bad guy who looks like an angel to a good guy who looks like a demon.”

Yes, yeesss, YEESSSSS! Someone pinch me because this was just too perfect!
I think I loved this novel even more than the previous one! Yes, even though Penryn and Raffe were apart for the better part of this. Their reunion made it all worth it though!

I felt like them being apart for a while, made them develop more as individual characters and it made me love them
Simona Bartolotta
"It’s amazing how many times we need to go against our survival instincts to survive."

•My mind took its sweet time to put its finger (mine? Whatever) on the reason why I wasn't enjoying World After the same way I'd enjoyed Angelfall. At last, I realized that the main problem was very simple: the plot is too similar to that of the previous book.
Desperate initial situation. Baby sister is missing. Let's go look for her. Insert in the middle three or four attacks and sundry misadventures so that t
  • Haze (The Rephaim, #2)
  • Crushed (Soul Eaters, #2)
  • Lying Season (Experiment in Terror, #4)
  • Untold (The Lynburn Legacy, #2)
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
  • The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)
  • Drop Dead Demons (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #2)
  • Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3)
  • Breathless (Elemental, #2.5)
  • Outcast
  • Wrong Ways Down (Downside Ghosts, #1.5)
  • Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3)
Susan Ee is a USA Today bestselling author of the Penryn & the End of Days trilogy, ANGELFALL, WORLD AFTER, and END OF DAYS. Her books have been translated into over twenty languages, and her short films have played at major festivals. She used to be a lawyer but loves being a writer because it allows her imagination to bust out and go feral.

Sign up to hear about her next book at www.susanee.c
More about Susan Ee

Penryn & the End of Days (3 books)
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Loved (House of Night Other World #1)
    $11.00 $0.99
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“I look up to say something but he puts his finger to my lips and whispers, “Don’t talk. You’ll just spoil my fantasy of rescuing an innocent damsel in distress as soon as you open your mouth.” 674 likes
“He glares at me as if he already hates it. “What is it?” I consider lying but what’s the point? I clear my throat. “Pooky Bear."
He’s silent for so long I’m beginning to think he didn’t hear me when he finally says, “Pooky. Bear.” “It was just a little joke. I didn’t know.”
“I’ve mentioned that names have power, right? Do you realize that when she fights battles, she’s going to have to announce herself to the opposing sword? She’ll be forced to say something ridiculous like, ‘I am Pooky Bear, from an ancient line of archangel swords.’ Or, ‘Bow down to me, Pooky Bear, who has only two other equals in all the worlds.’ ” He shakes his head. “How is she going to get any respect?”
617 likes