Start by marking “Willing Captive” as Want to Read:
Willing Captive

Willing Captive

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  20,451 ratings  ·  1,835 reviews
(Author note: This is NOT a dark romance.)

Delilah “Lily” Flynn is used to her drab existence. Lily’s been living it for twenty two years.
Her boring life is suddenly turned on its head when she’s rudely kidnapped from her bedroom.
Or so she thinks.

Nox Taylor is far too high up in his field to be assigned a babysitting job.
There’s nothing more he wants than to complete his
Published September 26th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Willing Captive, please sign up.

·  20,451 ratings  ·  1,835 reviews

Start your review of Willing Captive
Aestas Book Blog
Jun 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

SQUEEEE!!!!! I loved this book!!! 5 stars!!

Willing Captive was the perfect blend of sexy, sweet, hilarious and deeply emotional. Both heartbreaking and heartwarming, it made me laugh, cry, and swoon!! It’s a standalone romance with a gorgeous, broody, protective Alpha hero, a sarcastic, no-nonsense, awesome heroine and a fun, action-packed, romantic plot. I highly recommend it for everyone!!

The first thing you should know is that this is not a dark romance. Trust me. I promise. Swear. Cross my
JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust
Sep 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
*** well deserved stars !***

KUDOS to you Belle Aurora because

YOU GOT ME!!!

That's right folks this cover whore was DUPED. I AM one of those readers that judge a book by its cover . I should probably be pissed that I was tricked into reading a romantic comedy but I'm NOT...... no, its not because I'm a nice person, but rather, I was too busy laughing to feel anything other than side pain....... Oh’ and there are moments of danger and sadness as well......yup, I cried.

Now, on to the characters
Christy
Jul 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 Funny Stars!

photo 1fc4585e-7448-4ea6-8c50-ab5673f38dcd_zps5149af14.jpg

Belle Aurora is one of those authors that knows how to make me laugh. Every book I’ve read of hers has me cracking up! I love a funny book every now and then, but there is something to be said about an author that can make you laugh, make you cry, and make you feel, all in the same book! And thats exactly what this book did for me. Her characters are splendid and her writing is fantastic. This was a really enjoyable read for me!

Lily is a twenty two year old woman who still l
Duchess Nicole

Boy, this was all kinds of different from what I expected. I loved Belle Aurora's Friend Zoned series. When I saw this one pop up on her book list, I immediately added...then noticed the cover and name, started to be sad because I do NOT read these dark "romance" books that seem to be all the rage lately. I like some sweet, some devotion, some trust and a forever kind of love. Let me tell you, that is EXACTLY what this author delivered. Belle, I will never doubt you again!
"Don't push me, lit
• Lisa •
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 I WANT TO BE CAPTURED BY NOX STARS.

"I never realised how much I hate my life. Not until he showed me beautiful."

description

Well, well, well I can honestly say I am joining the hype for this book and not holding back one bit. I loved every single word of this addictive page turner. Belle Aurora has some serious writing skills and if I thought I enjoyed her 'friend zoned' series it has nothing on this hilariously scrumptious loved up novel. From beginning to end I was glued to the pages, it felt effort
Pearl Angeli
Dec 18, 2015 rated it did not like it
I've read this book together with the pretty Allie. :)

I hate to say this but this book now belongs to my DNF shelf. It's hard to go on reading when you're not enjoying it at all. So I stopped. I couldn't connect with the characters and although Belle Aurora's writing has improved here, and there's also humor, it just doesn't work out for me. While I love the male lead Nox, the female mc Lily otherwise annoys the heck out of me. I just kind of don't like her attitude. She's so whiny and all. :( T
Catarina
4,5 Captive Stars!

Lily is under a threat.
And being the daughter of a father that is as financially healthy as he is protective, her father decides that the best for Lily is to go away, disappear until the threat goes away.
So he simulates her kidnapping, except that her kidnapers are not forcefully taking her, they are transferring her to a safe house where she will stay under their protection until the danger no longer exists.
And then she meets the man that is responsible for her security: N
Katerina
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“He never rushed me.
He wouldn't drop me.
He was my shield.
He would protect me.
Against almost anything.”

There are two types of romances.The hot-funny-lighthearted ones and the sucking-the-life-out-of-you ones yes Colleen Hoover I'm looking at you.Willing Captive is both.I signed up for a fun,nothing-particularly-consuming read and instead I got an action-packed,unique,strong love story that clawed its way into my heart and won a place there.
And I loved it.

The story
“Can't h
Rachel Reads Ravenously
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!
OMG I LOVED THIS!!!!!!!!

“I never realized how much I hate my life. Not until he showed me beautiful.”

photo willingcaptivecollage.png

Literally couldn't put this one down. I cannot believe I waited so darn long to read this book! If it hadn't been for all of the awesome reviews my Goodreads friends had posted I probably never would have. That's the power of Goodreads.

Every once in a while you unexpectedly discover a great book, and this is one of those books. Despite the disclaimer saying this is NOT a dark r
Isabella. R
5 Captive Throwdown Stars ⭐

Willing Captive was top notch! Where I was expecting a dark kidnapping story, it was so not. I was pleasantly surprised with the twists, the slow build romance and a sassy heroine that had me grinning foolishly.

Living a rich but sheltered life, Delilah (Lily) Flynn spends her days with her nose in a book. That would pretty much sum up her existence. But things get a whole lot more riveting when she is kidnapped right from her bedroom. Expecting danger, she receives pr
NMmomof4
5 Stars (Originally Read 1/20/2014)

4.5 Stars (Re-Read 1/10/2017)

Overall Opinion: I had this on my favorites shelf, and I am definitely going to keep it there! I took it for what it was, a funny romance with a little bit of suspense. Don't go into this expecting a suspense book first with the romance being secondary, because I don't think that's what it is - and I think that's what I enjoy so much about it! The h is awesome. She's a little quirky or even dorky, but I really enjoyed her. The onl
K
5 Blindfold Me Anytime Stars!

"You haven't been kidnapped, Delilah." Eyes wide, I lift my face to look into his and ask, "Who are you?" Hottie's lip twitches. "The person who just saved your life, baby."

Willing Captive was a perfect blend of hilarious, romantic, heart-breaking, and swoon-worthy all in one! My emotions went through the ringer with this one, for I found myself swooning one minute, then bawling the next. The characters were fantastically written and you fall in love with them al
Alp
Sep 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: new-adult
2.5/5

Not as good as I expected.

To be honest, I don’t want to do this book review because I'm not sure what to write. Let's just say there wasn't much going on in this book and there was no earth-shattering plot here. A girl thought she was kidnapped but turned out she was protected by the professionals after her father found out that someone made multiple death threats against her, which she never knew any of these facts. Then she fell in love with her protector. Later something bad happened (bu
Jen
Jun 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Folks who like the Friend-Zoned Series
Standing face to face with a still pissed off Nox, I find myself getting pissed, too. Nox just has that effect on me. I swear this guy must've been conceived through back door action. There's no way that much of an asshole is natural.

The title and cover of this book scream "dark captive story" but the book itself is all kinds of sweet, funny and Belle Aurora. I love the quirky reads and this book delivered big time! Watching Lily come into her own was wonderful, and watching Nox fall in love
Srikari
Dec 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: say-what
2 Stars

I just dont know why, but this book had me eye rolling at everything. So this is how I arrived at my 2 Stars rating...

#1 eye roll

description

The characters! Well it is understandable why I didn't really like Nox that much, because he had hardly any chapters. Most of the book was in Lilly ' s point of view and may I just to say, boy is she sooo super annoying! She got on my effing nerves. She was always so needy, it just pissed the crap out of me! Her sarcasm WASN'T SARCASM! But yeah I have got to
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥

Ekkk!!! I'm so in love with Belle Aurora. This is the third book of hers that I love.

Lily is barely existing and stays in the comfort of her own home. That is until she meets her kidnapper, Nox. However, he isn't what she thinks (or even I thought) he is.

I swear this guy must've been conceived through backdoor action. There's no way being that much of an asshole is natural.

Lily was sarcastic and funny. One problem I had with her was she did act much younger than her 22 years.

Man did
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another great story from Belle Aurora... I really enjoyed this book. :)

Note: This is not a dark romance story. Maybe book cover looks like that but it's light and fun read. You should give a chance. :)

Mona
Feb 16, 2014 rated it really liked it

**3.8 Willing to be Nox's Captive Stars**
Mates, not sure I'm willing to hide my *SPOILERS*
I never realized how much I hate my life.
Not until he showed me beautiful.
description

There was laughter...hysterical laughter, with some giggling on the side. And then, I experienced the tears, heartache and anxiety...all from one book. Willing Captive had a lot going on, for a book that started out so simple.
My name is Delilah Flynn. Everyone, except my dad, calls me Lily. I spend most of my days right here, in my b
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
What a beautiful ride!!!

I still have tears in my eyes...

In the begging was tears of laugh, near to the end become tears of desperation but at the end was pure tears of joy!!!
I didn't expect that this book could be so fabulous!!!

The first part of the book was funny and interesting but in the second part Aurora took it off in another level...
It left me with my heart racing fast and my mouth hanging open and i couldn't breath from anxiety and the pain of loss!!!

Oh, good Lord!!! This story was ador
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
1.5 Stars

description

Why why why does this author make the majority of her female leads whiny arse immature snivelling little brat bitches. Why?! This one was the twin of the one in friend zoned.
She was a dickhead for the majority of this book. I wanted to throw cement eggs at her through some of this. She pretty much ruined the whole thing. What exactly is sexy about constant whining and woe is me dramatics. Can the person behind the threat come and shoot her already. Jeez.

At points I thought it would hav
♛✨Christine ♛✨
9/3/15 - Seems like I have a book obsession. Been thinking about this all yesterday and today! Anyone else have one of these?

3/03/2015-Re-read this last night from 11:00-2:30. A gorgeous novel! You start out laughing so damn hard and then crying your heart out! A beautiful and damn gorgeous read!

I have read so many books that I have just started to review, rate and put them on my read list. This book has never left my mind.

I remember reading this book because my family w
Crystal~BIG book addict~
Sep 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
5 Keep Me Captive Stars!!

When I first see the cover of this book, I immediately thought it would be a darker book, but in the blurb it says this wasn't a dark romance. Well, okay, I will give a try and see what it's like.

I AM SO GLAD I DID! I LOVED IT!

This book had me

And more

Lily is 22 years old and leads a very sheltered life because of an overprotective father. She lives her life through the books she reads. What she didn't know was that her dad had a very good reason to be overprotective. Her
Jen
I am probably going to get rotten food thrown at me, as I see that most people loved this book; but for me there were a lot of things that rubbed me the wrong way! I will say that the last 70% of the story was a lot more action packed and enjoyable, and for that reason I was glad that I stuck with the book and finished. I also enjoyed Nox as a hero, and some of the secondary characters as well.
My biggest issue with this story was the constant inconsistancies with Lily's character. One minute she
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3 Stars***

Looks like I'm in the minority with this one. I liked it, but nothing really wowed me.

Since there are already so many reviews out there, I'll keep this short and just list the things I did and didn't like.

Let's start with the positives:

♥ Lily's relationship with her sister, Terah
♥ Lily's relationship with Boo
♥ Boo and Rock - they get an extra ♥
♥ Boo anytime, anywhere. I absolutely loved her.
♥ The humor - there's no denying that this book has some funny moments and definitely has
Michelle
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer...
Okay so I read the statement "This is NOT a dark romance about a million times. But then my brain decided to go on vacation and I seriously started thinking, okay... she must mean, this is not a HEA dark romance... then I started the book and it hit me. This is NOT a dark romance, as in not a freaking dark romance. I finally got it! Yay me!

Delilah 'Lily' Flynn hasn't been handed much freedom in her young life. With an overprotective father who doesn't let her wander too far, she h
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
Jun 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: love
4.5 Stars!

Love Belle Aurora and this one definitely didn't disappoint! She brought her trademark humor, a sexy alpha male, some suspense and intrigue....a few tears and some hot sexy times!

So....this was a lot different then what I was expecting. You look at the cover and you read the blurb, you see kidnapping and you think possibly dark and twisted! Yeah....nope!

This was more of a romantic comedy with a splash of suspense. And it was perfect. I laughed, I cried, I swooned. Nox....oh my! Nox w
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
****4 Romantic Comedy Stars****

I picked this book because of a status update from one of my BBF's on Goodreads - I just saw the word "pee-pee" and couldn't believe how an author could fit that word into a book about kidnapping.

Well, I wasn't disappointed - I was cracking up throughout the book with how naïve and cute Lily was.  She was a feisty little thang!

Lily comes from a very rich family and her life is in danger.  Someone is sending threatening letters to her father's company.  This is wher
Syndi
Jun 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Well this book is.... interesting. Its rom com mix with sweet and cheesy. The characters are wonderful especially Knox. Lily is such dorky and sassy heroine. Even Rock and Boo are just perfect.

Now thats the problem. Everything is just too perfect. And the whole kidnapping thing does not make any sense. The last minute twist about knox disapperance not necessary.

Until the end of the book, i do not underatstand why Lily must be kidnapped.

However i give it 3 stars due to Lily inner dialog. Thats
* Meli Mel *

♥♥♥ 4.5 'Funny Kidnapped' Stars ♥♥♥

I wasn't expecting what I got when I started this book. I knew it wasn't a dark read. But what I got was just so freaking awesome! I laughed my pants off. I LOVED it all!! And I loved the characters!

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"Can't help who you fall in love with, Princess."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"Not ashamed of you, Lily."

He stops speak
Jacqueline's Reads
Sep 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-books

Author Interview + More - > HERE

4 Captivating Stars

I didn’t read the disclaimer to this book, so just to let everyone know, this isn’t a dark book. Now, that’s out of the way, I want to say Willing Captive is a light-hearted read and my first Belle Aurora book.

Lily is taken from her home. She’s confused and scared. Nox is the one in charge of her and baby-sits Lily. Lily is a stubborn, head-strong girl and makes it hard for Nox to keep her in check. All of this goes on, while Lily’s life is
The Challenge Fac...: Elena & Krissy - Willing Captive 44 14 Jun 05, 2016 08:06AM
Plot Points? 4 79 Oct 10, 2014 05:13AM
Anything similar? 8 258 Sep 15, 2014 12:45PM
Never Too Old For...: Buddy Read: WILLING CAPTIVE 26 27 Jul 28, 2014 11:52AM

• Rules of Protection (Tangled in Texas, #1)
  • Surviving Raine (Surviving Raine, #1)
  • Until November (Until, #1)
  • Fading (Fading, #1)
  • Her Bodyguard
  • Beautifully Cruel (Beautifully Cruel, #1)
  • The Bad Guy
  • Leo
  • The Love that Hurts: A Story of Domestic Violence (The Relationship Quo, #6)
  • Nero (Made Men, #1)
  • Bound by Honor (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #1)
  • Until Alex
  • Little Dove
  • Machiavellian (Gangsters of New York, #1)
  • Price of a Kiss (Forbidden Men, #1)
  • Saving Ella (Mercy's Angels, #1)
  • Dark Protector
  • Endless Obsession
Belle Aurora is thirty-something year old and was born in the land down under.
At an early age she fell in love with reading. Boredom one summer had her scouring the bookshelves at home. She stumbled across Sandra Brown’s Breath of Scandal and fell in love with romance.
Having been brought up in a loud and boisterous family of Croatian descent, she developed a natural love for dramatics and laughte