Start by marking “Haunting Echoes (Haunting Echoes, #1)” as Want to Read:
Haunting Echoes (Haunting Echoes, #1)

Haunting Echoes (Haunting Echoes #1)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  60 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Amaia was one of the most sought after courtesans in King James’s London when she became a vampire. Together with her sire, Lawrence, she works to birth a new, more powerful race of vampires. She has everything she could want: wealth, prestige, and eternal life.

She fears nothing. That is, until Michael, the first man she killed, walks into a tavern twenty-three years after
ebook
Published June 5th 2014 by Branwen Press

To ask other readers questions about Haunting Echoes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Haunting Echoes

Heather *Awkward Queen and Unicorn Twin*
Okay, this is vampire month, and this is a vampire book. The premise is interesting: Vampire woman is haunted by the eyes of the first man she killed—the man she loved as a human—and then years later he mysteriously appears! And then I'm guessing she'll have an epiphany or something and they'll come to love each other.

However, I'm not really into it. There is NOTHING wrong with the book (at least not so far), but it's very slow and I don't really look forward to reading it. Therefore, I'm DNFing
Shandra
Jun 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014, june-2014
CONSIDER MY CANDLES LIT!

Superb technical writing made Haunting Echoes a literary masterpiece. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to review it for a blog tour. I wound up purchasing a permanent copy because I can't imagine not revisiting this in a year; knowing there will be more of Michael and Amaia? That thrilled me almost as much as this story did which is saying something.

Reincarnation has always been something I've found fascinating, especially in regards to a romance. If one could relive th
Michelle Schwartz
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Paranormal WOW! I absolutely LOVE paranormal romance and this one has reached the top of the list. Haunting Echoes is quite a long read, although it does go by quick. I didn't want to put it down ... the kids can cook for themselves, right? HA!

As much as I would love to go into great deatil, I cannot. If so, I will ruin everything for you about this book. I will give you, the lucky reader a glimpse into what this amazing story holds.

Amaia showed up on the doorstep of Lawrence at the young age o
Dani
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I first discovered Caethes Faron when I read her Measure of Devotion trilogy. Such an amazing series! When I saw she released Haunting Echoes, I knew I had to get it! Haunting Echoes is the best paranormal romance I have read in a long time! I could not put it down. The writing and the characters were amazing! I loved Amaia! If you love paranormal romance then you HAVE TO read this book!
Terri Oconnell
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Started slow but then picked up speed. Left me cheering for her to find the one she is looking for.
United Indie Book Blog
Jul 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this book from United Indie for an honest opinion.
Haunting Echoes by Caethes Faron

Not my usual genre, but every now and then I find the need to delve into something more unusual.
After the first chapter I was already hooked, such a different take on the "frilly" vampire books one normally reads.

A life changed with one bite, Jocelyn becomes Amaia, sired by her "owner"Lawrence.
Her first kill is her fiance, which I believe to have been a deliberate move on the part of Lawrence.
She conti
Shasta Mosley Swoon Worthy Books/Cherry0Blossom
Amaia had a very rough life. She was abandoned early on in life and had no one that she could rely on in life but herself. That is until the day that she met Lawrence. Lawrence helped her to be strong-willed, determined in what she wanted. He also made her immortal. Being one of the most sought after courtesans during her human life as a vampire she was even more valuable.

The one thing that Amaia never really had time for was love until she met Michael. She wanted something different. She wanted
Michele
Jul 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Amaia is a beautiful and talented courtesan who is offered the choice between marriage to Michael or eternal life as a vampire. Although she loves Michael, it doesn't overcome her deep seated fear of dependence. On the day she's turned, Amaia kills Michael during a fit of bloodlust.

Years later, she encounters a young man with Michael's grey eyes and unique energy signature. Amaia is both repelled by and attracted to him...unsure whether he knows her or blames her for his death.

Thus begins an e
Jun 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review from author Caethes Faron and Paranormal Romance & Authors that Rock.

I want to give this book a solid 4 Fang rating.

Amaia is a young and powerful courtesan who is turned into a vampire. Together with her father she tries to make a stronger breed of vampire. Even having everything she could ever want, a powerful aura pulls her.

Michael, who was Amaia's fiance, was her first kill. How is it possible to feel his aura 23 years later? Can lo
Rebecca
Sep 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good story.

I didn't know if I was going to like this book at first but it really grew on me and got better and better. I do admit I don't care for Amaia much, she is a cold hearted killer with no remorse, but maybe all the vampires are that way in this world. I'm not really sure to tell you the truth. But it's a interesting love story about reincarnation and something I have really read much about on any vamp books before, at least not in the way it's happening in this series. If you like
Meagan
Aug 05, 2015 rated it liked it
The book begins with a woman being turned into a vampire, and her getting used to her new reality. This part reminded me A LOT of Interview With a Vampire, but I suppose there are only so many ways to write about becoming something supernatural and it worked well enough. Then she begins to encounter her former lover reincarnating and being mysteriously pulled toward her aura. It started out as an interesting mystery, but then that's just the rest of the book. The rest of the plot was thin and dr ...more
Reflection
A truly beautiful writing style made this book a treasure to read. The story arc around love and betrayal was intricately woven. I found the ideas about reincarnation intriguing and the story flowed from place to place and from one gradual timeframe to another adding an additional spice to Haunting Echoes. Recommended for a thought provoking read with style, humour, angst and passion concocted into a perfect mix.
Darren
Mar 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
It wasn't too bad of a book. I got this as a freebie book from the authors website. It is made for the 18 and over crowd because of certain content in the book. It had a good story to it. I hope to read more books by this author.
Cami
Fun and interesting take on a vampire story. Definitely enjoyed the reincarnation aspect. Didn't completely like Amaia, she liked the killing too much for me, and she was awfully idiotic and naive about Lawrence.
Elsi
Dec 11, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf, vampire, paranormal
I guess I lost interests in this book as there are so many waiting.. Once I moved forward I just didn't seem to get back to it.. Can't really say I read enough to day if this could have been a good book or not..
Rhy Moore
Aug 31, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: sff, ucf
Angsty, overdramatic, and all about a Destined Relationship (bleh), but a bit unusual in its approach, which gives it an extra star.
Anna
Jul 10, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hfn
3.5 stars.
tia christian
Long and drawn out

This book had promise to b good but it dragged on not enough to make u want to read the rest of the series. Had a hard time finishing this one
M. Sanna
Jun 20, 2016
Arianna
Dec 20, 2014
Elizabeth
rated it did not like it
Jul 09, 2016
Sonia
Aug 08, 2015
SG Barron
May 13, 2017
  • Taken by the Beast (Conduit, #1)
  • The Black Parade (The Black Parade, #1)
  • The Council of Shadows (Shadowspawn, #2)
  • Night of the Highland Dragon (Highland Dragon, #3)
  • Hunter's Fall (The Hunters, #13)
  • Dead on Delivery (Messenger, #2)
  • Summoned (Summoned, #1)
  • Nightbred (Lords of the Darkyn, #2)
  • Damion (Zoidus #3)
  • Blood of The Sorceress (The Portal, #3)
  • Deadshifted (Edie Spence, #4)
  • Deception (The Demon Hunters, #2)
  • That Scoundrel Émile Dubois
  • Silence of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #13)
  • IM  (InCryptid, #3.2)
  • The Accidental Dragon (Accidentals, #9)

Haunting Echoes (3 books)
  • Fates Entwined (Haunting Echoes, #2)
  • Immortal Echoes (Haunting Echoes, #3)