Start by marking “The Lost (Witch & Wizard, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Lost (Witch & Wizard, #5)

The Lost

(Witch & Wizard #5)

Whit and Wisty Allgood have fought and defeated their world's most pernicious threats: the evil dictator, The One Who Is The One, as well as his wicked father and son. But just as the heroic witch and wizard start to settle into their new roles in governance, a deadly crime wave grips their city, with all signs pointing to a magical mastermind every bit as powerful and ...more
Published December 15th 2014 by Arrow (Young) (first published March 6th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Lost, please sign up.
Wendy C I love james patterson books especially his alex cross and wizard and witch. His books give me something look forward too. I agree if people do not…moreI love james patterson books especially his alex cross and wizard and witch. His books give me something look forward too. I agree if people do not like james patterson writing a continue to his books they do not need to read the books.(less)

Start your review of The Lost (Witch & Wizard, #5)
SophiAnn
Really?
Ugh.
WHY DIDN'T YOU STOP AT 3. LIKE MAX RIDE ALL OVER AGAIN.
G

I
L
L
Mig
UPDATE (Aug 2014): Oh thank god this is the last book. I still wish he really ended the series with the 3rd book even if it wasn't satisfying.

Here we go again. You said The Fire was the last book, then poof suddenly The Kiss came out of nowhere! AND NOW THERE'S ANOTHER BOOK!

Please stop. Now. Please make this the last book in the Witch and Wizard (trilogy) series. Don't repeat what you did to Maximum Ride. (Now I'm not sure if his ghostwriters did write books 4-8 but I'm sure James Patterson has
Sanja
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I just fucking hate when my favorite characters die!!! Especially the ones who aren't mentioned much! Writers are one of the cruelest people in the world!

Anyways, I have been enjoying in this series. It's not one of the greatest or the best, in my opinion, but it's good enough to become one of the my favorites. There's something in this books and characters that makes this series special to me.

I hope the last two books will be translated and published in my country, so I can have completed
Ricky
I'm expecting nothing but the best from this new book. Possible further exploration of the world beyond the former City of Progress? Hey, here's another idea - howsabout if this turns out to be set in some postapocalypse in the Max Ride-verse? Sure, it sounds like the stuff of so much fanfic, but wouldn't it just be awesome?

Update #1: I'm finally ready to start reading this one! *vibrates with excitement*

Review:

Holy M. As always, the Witch and Wizard world makes an awesome story. Here, we have a
Kristiraeamelia
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
HELLO PEOPLE! I can't WAIT for this book to come out. It COULDN'T just END there.
Gaby
Apr 02, 2014 marked it as to-read
I knew there had to be another book. As good as the Kiss was, I felt that it didnt really bring the story to a close and now I just really want to know if Wisty will end up with him. So, even if everyone else is complaining, I'm so happy!
Rebekah
Jul 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Okay, I have mixed feelings here. I love W&W and I would read about Whit and Wisty forever. However, it seems as though both James Patterson and the Publishers are writing these extra books (in both W&W and Maximum Ride) with little respect to the characters, setting and plot. Ghost writers have come into the picture, writing the books that have destroyed previous plot, and sticking James Patterson's name on the unnecessary book for pure profit. Never more was sadly disappointing and I ...more
Emily
Jan 19, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: series-books, i-own
I love the W&W and would gladly read any book that they can up with. But this book was a disappointment. The same fight, the same evil villain in disguise. Come on they are witch & wizard. Let them explore the dessert and fight some else who is not disguised as a evil villain from one of the other books. Or better yet have a new villain come into town. The possibilities are endless and yet I feel like I just reread the kiss. This was not the best book.
Ally
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Farah
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it

Review: 4
I just finished The Lost and boy was it a rollercoaster ride ( a meh one at first) .
I picked this book up for two reasons A- it was about magic which is a theme that intrigues me sooo much and B- it's written by the brilliant James Patterson who I just adore.
So safe to say that I had very high expectations for it.
So when I first started reading it I was pretty disappointed, although very well written, the plot wasn't interesting, some sentences were soo corny and everything was very
Erin Gossman
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
Ok I liked the first three books. The fourth was alright, but this one. It’s just the same basic story repeating over and over and over again. For one, Cecilia should not even be in this book. She crossed over already. And Wisty. I ended up really hating her. I hated her personality and recklessness and disregard for everyone & everything around her. She was a selfish brat. She redeemed herself a little bit a couple of times, but that's it. & where on earth did this random Aunt come ...more
Andre Kalberer
I would recommend this to a 5 the grader becaus it would be the right challenge this book is about a boy and girl who have special power they are witch and wizard. One day they were at there house sleeping next they were in prison for having special powers and they had to take down a man who wanted the girls powers if he got here powers then he could control every body's mind and would rule the world.
Rochelle Baldwin
May 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
I was not super impressed with this book. It was another bad guy, an overconfident girl, and a love sick boy. There wasn’t really anything new from the other books. I felt the last book ended nicely. However, when you finally got to the end it had a nice twist I wasn’t expecting. To get there was difficult since the rest of the book did not interest me.
Alexandra
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"We are magic because we are alive. We are magic because we feel joy. Because we make art and music (...)."

"(...)in the end, it comes down to love.
Love.
I hope you can feel it, too."

<3 LOVE IT !
Alissa
This book was pretty good, although not as good as the beginning of the series. I enjoyed how things kept coming back full circle and was surprised by some of the twists. I feel that this book brought closure to the series and left me with a feeling of a promising future. Overall I am very happy that I took the time to read this whole series. I enjoyed it immensily and would definitely recommend it to others interested in magical series.
Ashley  Marie
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: readingwitfoxes
I cant believe I finished this series! It was sooo good!
Darinda
Jun 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-fantasy
The 5th and final book in the Witch and Wizard series by James Patterson. Whit and Wisty Allgood saved the world once, and now they face a new foe. A fun, magical fantasy story. Pretty much the same story as the earlier books. A fun read for fans of this series.

Sophie
Sep 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Okay, it was good. It was better than the first three, and it was quite smart with how it weaved in the same existing (or once-existing) enemy. At the end, it was strangely like Harry Potter (I say begrudgingly), with their use of the power of love, and the original bad guy coming back to life in strange ways. Out of the whole series, I do think that The Kiss was the best, mostly because I'm a reluctant romance fan and because it was refreshing to have a good book after the first three. I think ...more
Maeve
Aug 26, 2015 rated it liked it
2.5/5

Ok so I haven't even started this book yet but the blurb is killing me. This series is really getting on my nerves. James Patterson should've ended this series on the third book! It would've made sense! At least if you're going to make it a run on series make the problems linked! Foreshadow! Attempt at SOMETHING!

Although I thought the fourth book was the best book so far, I think that it would've been better had the Wizard King been introduced earlier in the series. The plot in the fourth
Reading is my Escape
The Lost - Review

From the book cover

The Wizard is Lost.
The Witch is Angry.
The Enemy is Relentless.
They will never see the end coming...

I must say that when I started this book I was a little over what felt like the same plot: Evil Adult tries to control the city & control magic, Evil outsider wizard threatens the city, the Witch & Wizard save the day. But, I ended up really enjoying this book.

Darrius is the evil wizard and he is a great character. Some of the chapters are told from his
Raven Lucero
May 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
After the disaster that was The Kiss, The Lost brings the Witch and Wizard series the redemption it needs.

While not the most well-written novel of all time, The Lost still carries with it the driving force all James Patterson novels have, even with a ghostwriter along for the ride.

All in all, I enjoyed it enough that I'm definitely glad Patterson tried for a fifth one, and I might even consider picking up the final final final (final?) book, Forever, in the Maximum Ride series, which is set to
Alana
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
I managed to listen to about 1 1/2 discs of this audio book before throwing in the towel. This is the exact same story as the previous 2 books. At the end of those books everyone was so happy that Wit and Wisty used magic to save the city, but now at the beginning of the next book, everyone is full of hate and bigotry against them. Same plot, same villain, same end game. I just could not listen to another minute of it. On top of that, they changed male voices last book and the new male voice is ...more
Sep 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wisty and her brother Whit have faced may evil. And now they have found themselves with yet another evil person. And all of the people are now saying that they are dangerous. Can Wisty and Whit defeat evil again or will they fail.
I loved the last book because it had lots of interesting parts. The beginning and the end i thought were the most interesting part of all and the book started out so deep and sad. It was super good and i would recommend this to people who want to read the series.
Dee Price
Nov 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Same story ....different villain. Whit and Wisty unite once again to face another nefarious threat called "The Family", who happen to unite with enemies form Whit and Wisty's past. The book was a fast-paced, quick read but the ending was a bit cheesy and I felt like it was the same plot from books 1-4 all over again.
Margaux Dezire
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Freakin excellent book!!! Out of all the books I've ever read ever, this is the very FIRST book I've read in just 3 days!!! Not kidding either! I just couldn't put it down! Excellent!! Keep up the great work!!
Giovanni Papini
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing all the way from the beginning. You think you know Wisty and Whit but you really don't. Their ideas and personalities change throughout the book showing you why they did certain things and why they do things. This book is the best in this amazing.

10/10 all the way
Pam Funke
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was another great read by James Patterson. While many series books aren't as good as the first one, this series is an exception to the rule. Each book in this series has been just as good and exciting as the very first one. Write on James, write on. Great book!
Ashley
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Amazing...just amazing.
We Are The Fallen~I’m sending a raven with blood on its wings~
OMG JAMES PATTERSON WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it, why???? I actually liked him!!!
Whitney
Jan 08, 2014 marked it as to-read
Official release date according to jamespatterson.com is 12-15-14!
The Nooks of Books: The Lost 1 8 Mar 06, 2015 03:53PM
Magical Stories: The Lost is Coming Soon! 1 7 Oct 03, 2014 02:33PM

• The Kiss (Witch & Wizard)
  • Virals (Virals, #1)
  • The Trap Door (Infinity Ring, #3)
  • Divide and Conquer (Infinity Ring #2)
  • Curse of the Ancients (Infinity Ring #4)
  • Thanksgiving in Paradise (A Tj Jensen Mystery, #10)
  • Cave of Wonders (Infinity Ring, #5)
  • Behind Enemy Lines (Infinity Ring, #6)
  • Eternity (Infinity Ring, #8)
  • The Iron Empire (Infinity Ring, #7)
  • Seizure (Virals, #2)
  • Sign of the Moon (Warriors: Omen of the Stars, #4)
  • OMG! All About Me Diary! (Dork Diaries, #6.5)
  • Gaijin: American Prisoner of War
  • Trace Evidence: A Virals Short Story Collection (Virals, #0.5, #2.5, #3.5, #5.5)
Official US Site
Official UK Site
JIMMY Patterson Books
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson is the world’s bestselling author and most trusted storyteller. He has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today, with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. He has sold over 380 million books

Witch & Wizard (5 books)
  • Witch & Wizard (Witch & Wizard, #1)
  • The Gift (Witch & Wizard, #2)
  • The Fire (Witch & Wizard, #3)
  • The Kiss (Witch & Wizard, #4)
“ordinary people can have depths of courage you couldn’t even fathom.” 0 likes