Start by marking “Hard Rock Remix (The Lonely Kings, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hard Rock Remix (The Lonely Kings, #2)

Hard Rock Remix

(The Lonely Kings #2)

A damsel in distress...

The day of a young woman's wedding should be the happiest day of her life, but for Aylen Ware, it is the worst. Raised from a young age in a secret splinter sect of the Fundamentalist Mormon Church, Aylen has spent her life suppressing her true self and living in constant fear of violence and abuse. The Elders of the church claim that she has been ch
Published September 28th 2013 by Brittle Divinity Press

To ask other readers questions about Hard Rock Remix, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hard Rock Remix

Teri
Oct 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Where do I even start????? How about what happened to Carter???Apparently something happened between this book and the last to make him go on a soul finding trip. But what was it????? First book leaves us with a happy go lucky Carter but book two opens with him passed out!!!

We so needed Carter's POV in this book!!!!!

Book had too many flashbacks of Aylen' s story. I started skimming them. Too much of book was about her.

MINOR SPOILERS....

Author failed to tell us what was up with the prescription
Gina Drayer
Sep 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I like Ava Lore's Lonely Kings, but I was really disappointed in this book. My main complaint was Aylen/Anna.

I couldn't buy her as a character. She wasn't at all what I'd expect from a virginal, spent most of her life in an ultra conservative and abusive cult, young girl. She was too bold and brave at times. I could have bought this transformation if she'd come into the life at a later age... maybe 14. I could have even accepted her the way if she'd just come from an abusive home with a control
Natalia
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
And the author lost me...

The story was "nice" but so farfetched...

h was taken at the aged of 8 to a sisters wife type of cult... In her pre-arranged weadding day she decides to escape... For me she was so flat...

H liked Carter in the first book, in this we get to know his past, drug problem but I couldn't connect...

Really miss the band and the music part in this book...

Already read the blurb for the next book and is another deasel in distress... Not for me...
Dotti Elrick
Feb 18, 2015 rated it liked it
I fell in love with Carter in the first book, and was really looking forward to his story. I'm not sure how to really explain how I felt when I finished his story. The book is well written, but it just felt like something was missing. Like large chunks of the story were missing.
Carter is still his lovable goofy self. And in this book he gets to play the real life knight in shining armor, when he rescues a stranger from what she claims is an arranged marriage. Anna, or as she renames herself, Ay
Liz
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rock, favourites
What an amazing story, I was gripped from the first page and thoroughly enjoyed the ride. It would've been read in one sitting if it hadn't been for life getting in the way.

The story starts with a girl walking into a strangers hotel room trying to get away from a threat. The gentle friendship between Carter and Aylen, the girl who walked into his hotel room, was a delight. A hardened rocker that has sampled all that life has to offer and the innocent girl who had witnessed such horrors in the u
Melissa
Oct 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ava girl,you've done it again. You have written another awesome story .I couldn't help but feel so bad for Aylen and yet I felt so happy that fate had brought her to Carter.Carter drew me in completely.I love how real he is all the time.He had some heartache and mistakes in his past and I love how Aylen just sees the good.I loved their story.I also developed a strong hate for cults where men marry multiple woman.I would chop their dick off.(seriously)However,good news is...I'm officially addicte ...more
Hanna
Jul 08, 2013 rated it liked it
3,5 stars. While reading my rating changed from 2 to 4 and back to 2 and then to 3. It was quite a slow read. I love Ava Lore's writing and this story was good but at times it felt a bit dragging. Starting a new life and making a change in the way you think and see yourself takes time so I understand why the story kept drifting in slow motion at times. Anna's cahnge into Aylen has been described very well and the story is believable.
Abi
Oct 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! I cannot find anything I would change about it. Well written, great plot, Intriguing characters ... An amazing read altogether.
Ana Buenrostro
Oct 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-club-of-two
Loved the story and characters but I felt like the ending needed a lot more of explanation. I wanted to find out what happened with the church people.
Maria
Oct 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
loved this book ....great story ...loved carter aahhhh need more like him around. can't wait for manny's story and hope to see one about Tanner.
Ginette
Oct 11, 2013 rated it liked it
An ok read, liked the characters, not sure what happened @ the end. Feels like a lot was left to the imagination....just my opinion
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»

I am in love with this series! There is nothing else to say about it! Wonderful!

Jennifer Hines
Apr 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Where the first book was raw and intense this one is sweet. I loved Carter in Hard Rock Arrangement and was glad to see the second book was about him. The small glimpses of sadness and sweetness I got to see of him did not do him justice, but in Hard Rock Remix I got to see him shine. And goodness gracious Carter Hudson is like the sweetest rock star ever!

This story all begins with a woman desperate for escape and the one unlocked door which will give it to her. Aylen is running from a life she

I don't even know how to begin with this one. Hard Rock Remix has potential but I had a hard time connecting to the story. It was too slow pace, making hard for me to stay focused on it. I couldn't read more than a chapter a day.

The main characters:

Anna/Aylen: I feel kinda bad saying this but I couldn't find myself to care or like her at all. I found her to be too bitchy and selfish. You see, she had a hard life but that alone wasn't enough to make me feel compassionate towards her. Ne
namericanwordcat
I really enjoyed this book but when I think too much about it there is a lot that needs work as well. However, the basic premise of recovering addict rocker meets completely sheltered young women escaping a patriarchal extreme religious sect is awesome enough to pull me though.

Also, the characters are wonderful and believable. The romance is reasonable, passionate, and compelling.

Therefore the heart of the book is good enough for me to live with the surrounding issues...you may not be able to
Arkady_jo
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was ok
This had potential but was poorly executed. There were major gaps in the storyline, especially in relation to Carter (what was he doing in the motel? What was with the prescription bottle that was mentioned twice in the space of a few pages and then never again?). I think this book could have done with some POV from Carter. I also found it a bit slow at times, something I also thought about the first book. There was little pacing, it was all detail from one hour to the next until suddenly at the ...more
Vicki Blood
Nov 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
I read a few reviews on this novel who rated it very low. Clearly I enjoy different books those reviewers. Cause that was awesome. I loved Aylan. I know she is young and immature and lacking in any socialising or men and I know she became active and social quickly but who cares. It's a novel and I love the characters and the story. Maybe I am just a romantic at heart. I would like to know what happened to the church people thou. Maybe one more chapter to explain that would have been good. Unless ...more
Veronica Shields
Jun 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Much darker than the first novel, with antagonists that sometimes border the line if cartoon villainy (although, given testimony from survivors of those cults, it's more disturbingly accurate than we'd like to think), but Aelyn/Anna is a very compelling protagonist and charming in her interactions with Carter. It's a worthy follow up to the first novel, if not quite the lighter fare people might expect.
Saskia 'follow my shoes' Smith
Nov 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Just loved Carter and his runaway Rock star n the virgin!! I didnt expect the runaway cult bride and the rockstar that helps her! that's for sure!! Its a nice sweet story line, it does drag out in parts, it takes them forever to get together! It is a nice sweet story line and you cant help but love the characters esp Carter!! The ending is O.K i would liked it to have a nice epilogue rather than just end the way it did (i dont want to spoil the book, so i cant say to much)
Katherine
Sep 13, 2013 rated it liked it
I was a bit disappointed with this one. I still loved the characters but I felt that it was just not as good as the first Lonely Kings. I wanted so much more from Ms. Lore when it came to Carter. I loved his character from the first book and I feel she fell short of expectations. That being said I still enjoyed the story.
Katherine
Oct 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
I really loved this book! Watching the heroine leave behind the horrible place she survived was incredible. And Carter was quite lovely. Looking forward to reading book 3, Manny's story.

Bought from All Romance Ebooks.
Kimberly Edwards
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put this book down even if I wanted to. Such an amazing story. This book made me crying,laughing and grabbing my Kindle a bit tighter. I completely fell for Carter! I highly recommended this book..
Lisa
Nov 10, 2013 rated it liked it
This one was a little slow moving for me, in fact, I almost abandoned ship a couple of times. Fortunately about 50% in the book started to pickup and kept my attention.

No cliffhanger in tns one but some unanswered questions regarding Anna's family.
Maggie
Oct 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another book that I wasn't expecting much from but turned out to be GREAT. ADORABLE hero, strong heroine, and a plot that could read as super cheesetastic and over the top but doesn't. I think I've stumbled upon a good author to check out.
Shannon
I was really looking forward to Carter's story. He seemed so sweet yet messed up in the first book, but had a great relationship with Rebecca. This booked changed so much. I missed the interaction between all the band members. I missed liking them all and having them like each other.
Earlyn
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
not really good at writing reviews.

Great book, love how Anna embraced her freedom and enjoyed being her new self.
Sandra
Oct 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Not what I expected from Carter's story but totally worth reading

Crazy weird story
Natasha Knopsnyder
Mar 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I do love a good rock romance. I love the series so far, I even like how the bad boy guitarist is so simple and wants to make everyone happy.
Sonia
Sep 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Great story!
Hannah Lindsey Smith
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fame, rock-star
Had potential but it was really difficult to care about Anna in the end, plus too many loose ends
If this is book #2, 2 28 Jul 31, 2013 04:39PM

• Broken Sound (Chasing Cross, #2; Brothers of Rock, #2)
  • The Fighter (Redemption, #2)
  • Trials (Rock Bottom, #2)
  • Rock All Night (The Rock Star's Seduction, #2)
  • Yearning Devotion (Yearning Series, #1)
  • SECRET Trilogy (Secret, #1-3)
  • Titanium Security Series Box Set: Volume I (Titanium Security, #1-3)
  • Picking Up the Pieces (Pieces, #2)
  • Speak Low (Speak Easy #2)
  • Twisted Lines (Blurred Lines, #6)
  • Trust Me (TAT: A Rocker Romance, #1)
  • Enticing Interlude (Tempest, #2; Black Cat Records, #5)
  • Hardcore: Complete Series Box Set
  • Butterfly Ginger
  • Inked
Ava Lore was raised by wombats and lives to corrupt the innocent. When not writing erotic romance, she spends her time thinking about writing erotic romance and drinking enough iced coffee to kill a musk ox.

Ava yearns for you tragically. Please email her at authoravalore@gmail.com, follow her on twitter (@authoravalore) or visit her blog at authoravalore.com.

The Lonely Kings (4 books)
  • Hard Rock Arrangement (The Lonely Kings, #1)
  • Hard Rock Improv (The Lonely Kings, #3)
  • Hard Rock Reprise (The Lonely Kings, #4)