Start by marking “Wanderlust” as Want to Read:
Wanderlust

Wanderlust

Evie always dreamed of seeing the world, but her first night at a motel turns into a nightmare. Hunter is a rugged trucker willing to do anything to keep her--including kidnapping. As they cross the country in his rig, Evie plots her escape, but she may find what she's been looking for right beside her.

Wanderlust is a dark erotic novel that explores dubious consent,
Published April 14th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Wanderlust, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Tanith
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Lashuri Chan Yes there is. Though it might depend on your definition on HEA when it comes to these kind of stories. Since it is abduction and all.

Start your review of Wanderlust
~ Becs ~
HOLY FUCK!!

photo niagara_zpsca6132dd.gif

Wanderlust is a dark erotic novel that explores dubious consent, captivity, and power play. Please do not read this if you're uncomfortable with the subject matter or under 18 years of age.

Can love come from pain?

I think it’s very important that you take the content warning at the top of the post seriously. This is dark erotica and contains scenes of sexual violence, abduction, dubious and non-consent. But, if all of that piques your interest and you’re over eighteen, then read on.

I
Debra
"Maybe I'll let you go? Not gonna happen. You're mine. I caught you, and I'm not giving you back."

"Like Alice, I had stepped through the looking glass into a whole new world, foreign and sinister."

Dark. Twisted. Highly disturbing. Wanderlust was a captivity story that kept me enthralled the entire time I was reading it and I ended up finishing it in one day. Although the story started out as a darkly erotic thriller, along the way it turned into a much meaningful kind of love story with
warhawke
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Genre: Dark Erotic Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Female
Rating:

Hunter Bryant was a trucker driving around his eighteen-wheeler across the country. At a deserted rest stop, he saw something he wanted, and decided to make it his.

Evie grew up with in a sheltered environment with her mother feeding her with the notion of how bad the world was out there. But as she celebrated her 20th birthday, she was determined to get out of her shell and see the world. Soon enough she discovered that
Sarah Toussaint
Most of the book, I found dull, what redeemed it was the twist almost at the end, when we find out what really happened to Hunter and who he was...

This is mostly a dull read. I feel like nothing happened.
Nazanin
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dark, 2013, abuse
3.5 - 3.75 Stars

"But the truth was, I just wanted you. I saw you looking at the sunrise, and I wanted to have that. To have you. So I took you. I knew full well how wrong it was, and I did it anyway. And the most f@cked up part about it all is that I still don’t regret it. no remorse."

Well, I had mixed up feelings about this book. at first I hated it. I mean I hated H and h. H for what he did to h and h for her weakness. But after a few chapters I beginning to like it and I’m glad to continue
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
There is nothing I love more than finding a book that I didn't have the greatest of expectations and end up DEVOURING IT. This is such a book......

Wanderlust is a dark tale chocked full of mind fuckery. It parallels The Dark Duet in a lot of ways. It also has an Original Sinners series similar twist you'll find later in the book. This is not a romance in the true sense of the word but it grows to something loving with goodness.

Truck driver/nomad Hunter sets eyes on Evie in a quiet deserted
Rebecca
Feb 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading In The Dark Blog
Like Reading In The Dark Facebook Page

Not what I expected at all!!

I expected your average non-con "I've been kidnapped but I like it!!" And that's about it. But there was soooooo much more to it. In fact it's not like that at all, I loved the writing style too, that poetic beautiful style. It was completely different to what I thought, the blurb made me think it would be a good but y'know expected kidnapping read. NOOOOO so good!!!! It's not 'action' heavy, more mind
Mo
May 14, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

Nope, you did not redeem yourself, Hunter.

Once an ass, always an ass.

Given his background, he should have been the polar opposite of what he was, don’t care what he went through…..

Ah, well!

LenaRibka

1,5 stars just because I forced myself to finish it.

This short novella is an eldorado, a greenhouse for all supposably existing cliches.
Unfortunately I don't mean it positively.
It started really good, besides nothing can attract me more than the simple warning like this:

Why I was disappointed:
(view spoiler)
Lise *friends don't flag*
description
"He was the god of thunder, retreating from the world that had rejected him. I was the maiden he’d caught going over the edge, who he’d secreted away in his lair beneath the falls"

I could not put this book down… I had delayed reading this one because I thought it would be too painful and dark. Yes, there were things that made me uncomfortable and I was a bit squeaked out around 24%, but I still could not stop reading. The author wove a story of a socially stunted and sexually abused young
Candace
This is the first book I've read by Ms. Warren and it was great! If dark romance isn't your thing, this book won't be for you. This book's content contains scenes of rape, dubious consent, violence, etc. Be forewarned.

Evie finally leaves her mother's home, setting out for the first time after being imprisoned by her mother's fears of the outside world. One day into her great adventure, and she catches the eye of Hunter, a convicted rapist. Hunter kidnaps Evie and the two embark on a road trip
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
Mar 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Akanksha❤ Søren♰ by: Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Shelves: dark, fucked-up
I seriously loved weird books toooooo much.
The base plot was amazing, should have maybe been longer, towards the ending. But none the less... dark fucked up and I enjoyed it :P
He was twisted, justified. She was crazy.. justified too. I like how the author writes. Gets you really into the book. Like the whole waterfall myth! Great thing going.
Amber Rose
wow gifs photo: WOW wow.gif

First I want to say, I been looking forward to reading this book since it came out. The description had me. I wanted it!!!

This is not for the faint heart. This takes me to a total mind fuck situation. I couldn't figure out where this was going to take me.

photo A58FA598-1D4C-441C-BA94-8FA9CE910D3C-9795-00000A24F74921C0_zps7f8f7c83.jpg

Evie is on her own journey to search the world she has never gotten to know. Been very hidden in her own home due to her mother being paranoid. Her mother is afraid of everything in the world out side of her home. So, finally having enough
Elle
4* new horizons STARS!!

Review @ Midnight Romance

My first read from Skye Warren because many people recommend this book to me. I always fascinated with dark read and it has been the most popular genre. Wanderlust isn't like what I've expected. It was crazy and rough ride; not for everyone.

The story told from Evie's POV; a sheltered girl from outside world. Despite her over-protective mother warnings, Evie hold on her final decision to leave. Her destination is the Niagara Falls, from the only
Jacqueline's Reads

AUDIO GIVEAWAY - HERE

5 Dark, but deliciously Twisted Stars

Wanderlust is a standalone novel written by Skye Warren.

This is my second book by Skye Warren. It’s no secret that I love dark books. I have a high threshold in the dark department. I do not cringe during rape scenes. I do no turn my eye away from beatings or the Heroine crying her eyes out. All of that makes it more alluring and it completely consumes me. Does Wanderlust have any of that? Well, you will have to read it to see.

I will
Vanessa
5 Dark and delicious stars!!!

Re-read in one sitting in June 2015 and upped my original rating from 4.5 to 5. LOVE this book! 3.59 overall rating Goodreads? Really? Maybe that's my prob...I need to start looking at the lower rated books!! That must be where all the gems are hiding!

Check your morals at the door with this one. Sometimes I think something might be wrong with me b/c I really liked this book! It's Stokholm all the way but (call me a sick puppy), I loved it! Dark, evocative,
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
4.75 Stars

And I was helpless to resist, too weak to fight the mounting pleasure, too relieved to find myself spread and held and wanted, oh finally, someone did want me, and even if it was perverted and dirty, at least it was new.

I don’t know what it is about Skye Warren’s books, but they are like crack to me. So when I was presented with an opportunity to receive this ARC, I was all over it. I dropped everything I was doing, including my current read, just to dive into this story. I am a
Louise
I had wanted to wander, to flit, and I’d flown right into a spider’s web.

-Their relationship started in tangled knots but it ended up woven in a simple lace...

Evie was held captive all throughout her life because her mother won't let her go out from their house, her mother always tells her that the world outside was harsh and cruel, that someone will hurt and abuse her...but Evie had enough of that, she wanted freedom until a stranger grabs that freedom from her hands again...

after reading
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
3.5 Weird Stars

This story is about a girl who grew up with a mother suffering from mental problems. At 20 years old, she finally had enough living with her paranoid mother and not being allowed out of her house. She takes off to see Niagra Falls (a book about the Falls got her through her childhood)and ends up being raped and abducted by a truck driver (Hunter).

Now I started out thinking this was a GREAT story line but I had a problem with how fast Evie gave into Hunter and constantly questioned
Sahara
Apr 15, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The hero is a frickin rapist, when Hunter forces the heroine to reveal how she lost her virginity (she was raped) he says

(picture this guy saying it)

description

I shook my head—no, no. I didn’t want him to be angry.

"That's right. It will be okay. You let boyfriend number one touch your tits. You let non-boyfriend number two fuck your cunt. Now you're going to let the dangerous stranger you met on a road trip tie you up and fuck you.

If you are into seriously forced rape read this book...for those of you
Fathima
Not all those who wander are lost.

Oh my god !! Talk about disturbingly addictive .. Skye Warren definitely knows how to rock the not-sure-why-I-like-it-but-its-soooo-good boat !!

There aren't enough stars to give here on Goodreads !

Wanderlust is the story of Evie , who has lived in a complete isolation for most of her life .. Her Mom was of the idea that she is a magnet for trouble and attracts the wrong kind of men , thus putting her under risk of coming face to face the evils of the society
Johanna
***Could’ve been quite good***

Lets just clean out the air with this little bucket of misery. I would like to point out that the story had a lot of potential to be pretty damn good. Unfortunately, it lost its appeal pretty early on. Leaving me wondering if this was going to be a predictable disaster. OHHH and that ending was just WTF.. It just ended so abruptly without any closure or direction.

What I didn’t like about the story was that it was filled with sporadic, inconsistencies throughout the
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie
"Not all those who wonder are lost..."

This book started off really well, I could feel how frustrated and suffocated Evie was in the life she and her mother were living. So when she left I was like YES!!! Until Hunter entered the scene... wait I'm lying. When Evie first saw him she was scared, I wasn't, I was smitten.

"His tan T-shirt hung loose while jean hugged long legs. He was large, strong-and otherwise unremarkable." Yep that had me going... Until he opened his mouth! Hunter was sinister,
Jen
May 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I literally devoured this book in one morning. Wow! This is such a dark and twisted book, but it pulls you in and will not release you until you finish. First I must warn those that if kidnapping and sexual abuse are not subjects you can handle then this book is not for you.

Evie has lived a sheltered life because her mother was a bit paranoid and overprotective. The only place she was allowed to go was to the library. There, Evie found books and pictures of places she dreamed to go, like Niagara
Elizabeth (Liz)
Review posted at: Swept Away By Romance

4 Stars

GENRE: Dark Erotica

HEAT LEVEL: Hot

WARNING FROM THE AUTHOR: Wanderlustis a dark erotic novel which explores dubious consent, captivity, and power play. Not intended for those uncomfortable with the subject matter or under eighteen.

Can love come from pain? This is the question explored in Wanderlust. And, is it answered? In a way. Maybe not to my absolute satisfaction, but we do get an answer.

Evie grew up isolated in a house with a mother who was
Pam Godwin
Apr 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From the first introduction, the anti-hero is too good-looking and violently compelling to be dismissed, but not dangerous enough to be worthy of outright fear. You'll predict his backstory before it's revealed, but that's okay. It'll just make you all the more sympathetic.

The plot is evocative in its narrative language and merciless showing. It often stands shoulder-to-shoulder with books in the horror thriller genre, but there's an undertone that assures you things will never get that bad.

Not Now...Mommy's Reading
Originally published on Not Now...Mommy's Reading

When I was a young girl, one of the first movies I can recall is one where Martin Sheen plays a mentally unstable man who takes a post-Exorcist Linda Blair hostage. The name of that movie is Sweet Hostage and I do believe that this is where my love for dark erotica began. You see, while many might have seen Martin's character as some type of monster for abducting the young girl - I saw him as misunderstood, tortured, sick...and Lovely Linda was
Ellelou
Apr 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: top-tbr

photo image_zps05e76fe9.jpg

I loved the writing style, it flowed so effortlessly I read it in one sitting.

This book wasn't just about discovering new places, meeting new people, above all it was about discovering yourself, your strengths, your fears and overcoming them. This book was about FREEDOM! Becoming free not only physically but emotionally as well. In the process of pursuing her dreams Evie learned the true meaning of life and happiness.

I have highlighted the best part of the book, but I feel
Aimie
Apr 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Be prepared for a whole lot of f*c*ed up, deep, dark brilliance! 4.5 stars *****

Not all those who wander are lost ....

I had no idea what the hell to expect when I started to read this one. I think that's the beauty sometimes - the shock and surprise factor of a book.
Do not let the pleasant, pretty cover fool you - this it most definitely not for the feint hearted and will leave you dumbfounded as to how bad life actually gets for poor Evie. I mean seriously, this unfortunate, sheltered girl
The Challenge Fac...: Jenne and Bree - Wanderlust 10 35 Sep 08, 2013 02:37PM

• Prisoner (Criminals & Captives, #1)
  • Big Sky
  • Comfort Food
  • Screaming in the Silence
  • I Know What Love Is (I Know..., #1)
  • Escape from Paradise (Paradise, #1)
  • Hostage (Criminals & Captives, #2)
  • Break Her
  • Twist Me (Twist Me, #1)
  • Take Me with You
  • Tender Mercies
  • His  (Dark Romance, #1)
  • Enslaved
  • Boy Next Door
  • Tears of Tess (Monsters in the Dark, #1)
  • Underestimated (Underestimated, #1)
  • Madeleine Abducted (The Estate, #1)
  • Mine (Dark Romance, #2)
“You're so fucking full of virtue that I can't even breathe.” 11 likes
“You want this as much as I do'
My breath left me for a minute.

'You're delusional' I forced out.
'You're telling yourself that so you feel better about what you're doing'

'Who the hell else are you going to let touch you now?'.”
11 likes