Start by marking “Power of Gods (Legacy of the Watchers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Power of Gods (Legacy of the Watchers, #2)

Read Excerpt

Power of Gods

(Legacy of the Watchers #2)

A GAME OF CAT AND MOUSE SPANNING THOUSANDS OF YEARS IS SUDDENLY COMING TO A HEAD!

After the events of the first installment of the Legacy of the Watchers, Nadia Adeire now finds herself inextricably tied to the Raphaelians, that secret society dating back to the Essenes. Her former life—and all that she previously believed in—has been shattered, and she needs their help to
Published June 15th 2013 by Createspace (first published May 25th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Power of Gods, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Power of Gods

Barbara
Jul 22, 2014 rated it liked it

"Power of Gods" opens soon after the final events of the first book in the series, "The Hidden Ones." After predicting an imminent Armageddon, Asmodeus eludes the Raphaelians (Will, Gordon, and Clive) and disappears. However a mysterious formula on his computer and a one-way ticket to Alaska indicate that Asmodeus had been planning to go there.

Nadia Adeire and her Raphaelian colleagues think there might be a connection between Alaska's military research installations and Asmodeus' prediction. C
Evgeny
Jul 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Nadia Adeire has to confront her past - her father's history to be exact - with the help of her former kidnappers. She has to go back as far as Biblical times to begin getting some glimpses of the mystery that culminated in a thwarted terrorist attack in the previous book. The search leads all of them in a highly secret research facility under the Department of Defense supervision in Alaska.

I already mentioned author's high ambitions for the series in my review for the previous book. After read
Prity Malhotra
Jul 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
According to me, the only 2 Authors which could geniously weave genres like Fiction-History-Religion-Sci-fi-Mythology-Thriller into one Book were Dan Brown & Ashwin Sanghi. However I now add Nancy Madore to this Category too. "Power of Gods" talks on so many diverse topics like, ' The Evolution of Vampires', ' The Rise & Fall of Solomon Empire', ' The Israelities Invasion', ' The Ionosphere' etc etc that you can't help wondering how much research the author must hv gone through to make t ...more
Lynelle Clark
I received the book from the author for an honest review.

The story just gets better and better. The way that the author brings it all together, as the plot unfolds, keeps you turning the pages as quick as possible. It seems with each book we learn more about the inner workings of the dijnn, the way they work and their ruthless way of going for what they want. In their eyes they are the perfect race to rule the earth, but their oppressors: The Others, don't share in their beliefs.

Right in the mi
Mary Fan
Mar 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, thriller
In the second book of the Legacy of the Watchers series, Nadia Adeire finds herself once again entangled in forces beyond the ordinary world. Supernatural secrets from the ancient world are crossing over into the terrestrial reality, and they're not friendly ones. End-of-the-world type consequences loom as the demonic Lilith attempts to finish what was started in Biblical times.

The Power of Gods, like the first book, uses mythology from the Abrahamic religions – Christianity, Islam, and Judaism
Kat
Dec 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: freebies
Hmm. I like the continuing story. I still love the idea of the djinn and who they could be. I think I just wasn't as excited with this one as I was with the first book. Most probably because I wasn't being newly introduced to the concept.

If we could do 1/2 stars, this would be 3.5 or a little more.

I now want more Lilith!!
Actually, I want more of all the djinn, and I want to know who they are in our history books!
Kathy Warner
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm not sure why I like this series so much. Maybe it's that the other books I've been reading are not that great (I just finished a James Patterson that bored me to tears). Anyway I like the characters in this series. They are unexpected and fresh, like the plot. And I love love LOVE the history stuff. This reminds me a little of an ancient Forest Gump story, where you have the djinn kind of walking you through the main events in history. I think it's brilliant. Now on to book 3!
Tony Parsons
Jun 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The legacy of the Watchers continues. Wasn’t their job supposed to watch out for all the others?

Delta Junction; Fort Greely, AL.; Amanda (Data-entry clerk; Shug) was wakened by a female voice. Where was Tommy Thomas Gerard (military base employee)? Amanda was not the only 1 that had the hot’s for Tommy (Flo). Catherine (Cat) was Amanda BFF, she worked in HR on the military base also. Amanda’s supervisor at T.D.M.R. (Fort Greely) is Dewey Rinehart.

Long Island; Manhattan, NY. Nadia (CEO; BEACON)
Ken
Jul 22, 2013 rated it liked it
I received this book from the author with the request for a review. The series was new to me, so I had to start with The Hidden Ones, before moving on to Power of Gods.

To be honest, when I started reading I didn't expect much. My experience with books that cover religious history isn't too god, so you could say I was prejudiced.

Now that I have read both books I freely admit that I was positively surprised.

The author just uses all the religious folklore and ties it into a bundle with some hints
Johnny T
Jul 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This review is for the first three books in the series.

This series is fantastic. I enjoy mysteries and historical fiction and this has both. There are some paranormal elements but they read more like science fiction. It's not only believable but this author actually got me believing. I was impressed with how she took myths from around the world and tied them all together. It makes you wonder.
The main story takes place in the here and now, but your repeatedly taken back to the past through these
Lisa Kearns
Jul 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book is the 2nd in the "Legacy of the Watchers" series, and I enjoyed it just as much as the first one. I did feel, as I read it, that I wouldn't have liked it or understood it without reading the first one.

This book reunites us with Nadia and the three mysterious government agents who kidnapped her. This time they're working together to expose a terrorist plot that will kill millions of people on Earth. Hidden in the bodies of world leaders and influential people are the "djinn" who want t
Ken Sounes
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In continuing the story of the nephilim survivors of the war in book 1, Power of Gods takes us back in time again, this time to Solomon and the creation of Israel. I was impressed with the way this was incorporated into the story. Meanwhile in the present, Nadia and the guys go to Alaska to investigate some mysterious messages coming from within the Haarp headquarters. Power of Gods picks up where the conspiracy theorists left off after the publishing of the book, Angels Don't Play this Haarp. T ...more
Evelyn Altheimer-fain
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was ok

Power of Gods by Nancy Madore reads like a genre jumper, a book that contains elements of two or more writing genres. In Power of Gods one genre is the much expected supernatural (demonology) thriller and the other genre that of a smutty romance. Put to together in the way that Madore has written the novel, the sexual exploits are cheaply written, and therefore, it presence only cheapen an otherwise good supernatural adventure. In addition, Power of Gods contains too much repetitive narration, a
Iris
Jul 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: book-club-books
Nancy Madore's first sequel in her watchers series is not quite as powerful and all engrossing as her first; it doesn't quite pull you in at the first page, but if you're patient and persevering then you will be heartilly rewarded with all of the action and intrigue that filled the first one.

The story picks up almost immediately where The Hidden Ones left off, and you're following Nadia through her emotional conflicts about what she's done. You lose two great viewpoints in Helene and Lilith, (wh
Amalie
* I got my copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed The Power of Gods and I thought it was a very interesting plot and a natural continuation to The Hidden Ones. Even though I enjoyed the storytelling plots in The Hidden Ones, the side plots annoyed me a bit. Amanda/ Lilith's side plot was a bit boring and though Ornias' was pretty interesting it didn't feel all that relevant to the main plot. Both of these side plots I felt slowed down the main one, which was
Priyanka Sharma
Sep 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
In the ‘Power Of The Gods’ suspense and action build up slowly and provides an exciting end.

Leaving you wondering what’s more to come in the next installment. An Interesting read!

I missed the previous two djinns, Lilith and Asmodeous, too much in this one. But the story must move on and they are certainly not going anywhere.

You can read the full review by following on my blog: http://www.passionatebookreviews.com/...
Steve Wiggins
Aug 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
The continuation of Madore's trilogy is an engaging romp through ancient mythology and modern intrigue. It is best read soon after the first volume, although the characters come back to mind without much difficulty, even with a delay. I say more on my blog: Sects and Violence in the Ancient World.
Fadul
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Being a fan of mythology makes me enjoy this series all the more. Having those long forgotten characters from the history books turn up here is really a treat. Nancy Madore ties the legends together with a nice neat bow. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Jane
Jul 24, 2014 rated it did not like it
See my review for The Hidden Ones in which I review the whole trilogy.
Lynda
Aug 29, 2014 rated it liked it
I didn't feel like book two had as much suspense as book one. Still a good read just much slower
Sidney Balcrest
Jan 08, 2016
Meredith
Sep 29, 2016
Eric
rated it did not like it
Aug 30, 2014
Naomi
Oct 09, 2014
Nancy Madore achieved enormous critical acclaim with her ENCHANTED series, which includes ENCHANTED, ENCHANTED AGAIN and ENCHANTED DREAMS.

Now, following her life-long interest in ancient history and mythology, Nancy Madore is launching a new series in the historical and science/speculative fiction genres, called LEGACY OF THE WATCHERS. So far, the series includes THE HIDDEN ONES and POWER OF GODS.

Legacy of the Watchers (3 books)
  • The Hidden Ones (Legacy of the Watchers, #1)
  • Masquerade (Legacy of the Watchers #3)