Start by marking “Cruel to be Kind” as Want to Read:
Cruel to be Kind

Cruel to be Kind

Chief security officer Sho Sakiyama has suspicions about his company president's pretty new secretary, Alexi Kagura Edmonton. When caught compromising the company's secrets, Kagura falls prey to Sakiyama's cruel punitive nature. Bound by a shared secret - the two men are entangled in a dangerous game of control and cunning retribution.
ebook
Published November 2012 by Guilt|Pleasure

Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn)
Jun 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: those who enjoy mind-games couple with high sexual tension with dangerous conspiracy.
Recommended to Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) by: I just love anything everything from Guilt|Pleasure. They produces amazing books.

4.6 dazzling stars for the steamy sexual tension and well played mind games. Of course that's shared by its nosebleed worthy illustrations.

What a tangled web it was. The plot is sure thick in this one - the twists and turns would leave you spinning. So, rest assured that this story would keep you on your toes and anxiously guessing away.

The MC, Kaguya is such an enigma and he is definitely not just a pretty face. Sakiyama has certainly misjudged his own capability of owning such an exotic pet. L
Kat
What the actual fuck?

After Father Figure I had butterflies in my belly when starting this book.

But...

One: either Kobo or the publisher screwed this up big time. I couldn't see any of the illustrations. I got Father Figure in the exact same format, read it on the exact same ereader and I didn't have this problem. With Cruel To Be Kind, I only see a blown up corner of each illustration. I know that these illustrations are spectacular and so wrongly right/rightly wrong and I WANT to devour them wit
Natasha
Dec 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: yaoi manga lovers
Recommended to Natasha by: Xing
Da fuck did I just read?
3.75 stars.
Spoilers.

Wasn't expecting this.
Definitely best part is that it's written very well, but definitely in the yaoi style. It reads just like a translated yaoi manga, which is awesome. Even the dialogue is perfect for the genre.

Rape/abusive scene in the office? Classic for this style. Also admittedly fairly hot.
I think the sexy factor slowly went down after that.
Lots of mind games, everyone wanting to fuck everyone, everyone wanting to fuck over everyone, and everyt
Jenna
Mar 04, 2014 rated it liked it
My mind is so fucked that I'm going to need some assistance figuring out exactly what happened. I thought I had an explanation, but if I'm right, then one thing that was mentioned doesn't make sense. Someone please break this down for me in a spoiler!
Xing
Nov 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Rating: 3.5 stars.

Definitely not for the faint of heart. There's rape and violence. No romance at all. Definite mind fuckery. And also some disturbing "relationships" and a plot twist in the end that I didn't see coming until the last chapter. My only complaint was how stiff the writing felt. Almost like everyone spoke very clinically and didn't feel like real people (despite the fact that this is a work of fiction).

But at least the drawings were gorgeous!
Em
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dtr, m-m
Great illustrations, they were really amazing, but I got confused with the story and what was happening. A bit disappointed.
Jason Bradley
Mar 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: dub-con, ebook, fetish, m-m, kink, yaoi
Confusing in parts. Could have been a much better read.
Heather C
Hmm. I bit confusing to follow at times and I didn't like the POV changes. Started in 1st from one character POV then changed to 3rd from other characters' and also with the original character.

I did love the big twist at the end...although I suspected it for a bit.

ETA: I read the ebook version first, then got home and realized the paperback is an expanded version!! Looks like it has an extra chapter in the middle and book 2 prologue at the end. Those additions definitely cleared up so
Yblees
Jun 18, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m-general
I knew there was a plot twist coming, but damn, that surprised me!

Slightly expensive for the length, but the illustrations were gorgeous.
Dezi
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
The story felt incomplete to me and confusing at the end...confusing in the sense the story was not letting me enjoy when I got to the end. No real clarity just dissatisfaction. I then learned after my epurchase the print copy offers more content, probably purpose to give proper expansion that should have been included in the first place. I don't like having print...so I'd have to scan in my book to keep on my reader then.

Petsonally I am just disappointed I have to put forth more money to figure
Elizabeth Young
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: yaoi, guilt-pleasure
**WARNING: (for those unfamiliar with Guilt Pleasure's works) this book contains graphic sexual content, including rape.

I made a promise to myself, upon discovering this amazing cadre of writers and artists, that as soon as I could I was going to start buying these books...and within a span of the last few months (mid-October) I did just that. Though amongst their works there are moments of sweetness (NY Minute, First Do No Harm, One of These Nights-In These Words Prequels), the stories GP creat
Robin
Feb 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: guilt-pleasure
Having read both the eBook and now the physical copy, there's a full extra scene (chapter 7) as well as a preview of the eventual sequel. While the extra scene is supposedly a 'bonus', it sets up the books twist much better than the original story did, so I feel a bit bad about the fact that it was left out. It makes the twist one you could figure out on your own, rather than simply being out of nowhere.
Tyler
This was all over the place. Kind of hard to follow, and wasn't as captivating or powerful as Father Figure. The only thing saving this was the gorgeous illustrations, but even then, my ebook edition had the pictures zoomed and cut off. Really angry about that, especially because I paid for it. 3 stars for mild enjoyment.
The UHQ Nasanta

A short story told in "spurts" with a confusing plot. I didn't care for any of the characters, and the graphics, while well-drawn, did not add much to the story for me except one. I did like the scenes of debasement in the "second half" of the story which accounts for the half star and rating upward.
Eleanor
Dec 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: words, filth, homo
Nice illustrations and a cast of horrible people. Unhealthy relationships and sexual assault. Writing was nothing special but it was fun for an afternoon.

I did not read it for it's sexual content so I can't rate that very well.
Kimmi
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Well then.. That was quite a twist at the end.. I'm starting to really enjoy these boys. The illustrations were really good, just like in Father figure. And just like FF we have torture, rape and a little bdsm.. I can live with that.
Islam Nashrif
Shelves: reviewed, bittersweet
unexpected plot twist!!
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
Aug 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Fascinating and well done story/manga. Illustrated - not sure it's "manga" but to me the pic's were amazing. A little disturbing - but very good read!
Indo
Feb 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Lumayan suka sama ceritanya... tapi kurang berasa gregetnya. Yang bikin seru itu plotnya yang bener2 njelimet. Nggak tahu ceritanya bakal dibawa ke mana. Tapi endingnya ngegantung.
Fenriz Angelo
Mar 05, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: mangas
Illustration's good, story a mess as always.
Hpstrangelove
Feb 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
The art, as always, is beautiful. The story was pretty hot although the ending was totally not what I was expecting.
Madeleine
Mar 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Falling Angels
  • Winner Takes All: Master/Slave Fantasies by Christopher Pierce
  • 跪いて靴にキスを [Hizamazuite Kutsu ni Kiss wo] [Kneel Down and Kiss my Boots] (星の館 [Hoshi no Yakata], #1)
  • Angel (Angel, #1)
  • Kraken
  • The Merman
  • Twice-Caught (Tarin's World, #2)
  • Soulless
  • Feng Yu Jiu Tian (Novel)
  • The Prisoner (Broken: Season One, #1)
  • Pride (The Copper Horse, #2)
  • 巨星 [True Star]
  • The Last Rebellion
  • Taming Riki Vol 1, Part 1 (Taming Riki, #1)
  • Exit Strategy (Exit, #1)
  • Undesirable
  • Tame a Wild Human
  • Mob for Jack #1

Name: 鬼畜猫: Kichiku Neko (ナルキッソス)

Name (in native language): 猫鬼畜

narcissus
Sadistic Cat

Birth Place: Taiwan

Doujinshi Circle: Guilty Pleasure (G|P) with CHEN Jo

In Real life she is a cop. She is also a Taiwanese.

Horoscope: Scorpio

Favorite Places: Rome, Italy; Normandy, France.

Favorite Movies: Tampopo and Shall We Dance? (Japanese Version)

Hobbies: Travel; BL