Start by marking “Torn from You (Tear Asunder, #1)” as Want to Read:
Torn from You (Tear Asunder, #1)

Torn from You

(Tear Asunder #1)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  15,508 ratings  ·  1,327 reviews
Love is like an avalanche. It hits hard, fast and without mercy.

At least it did for me when Sculpt, the lead singer of the rock band Tear Asunder knocked me off my feet. Literally, because he’s also a fighter, illegally of course, and he taught me how to fight. He also taught me how to love and I fell hard for him. I mean the guy could do sweet, when he wasn't doing bossy,
Published December 20th 2013 (first published December 18th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Torn from You, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Charlotte ~BookObsessionConfessionsBlog~ this will get answered as you read through the rest of the series. Kai's book is called perfect ruin
Rachel Caullay yes 3 other books about the other characters.With you,Overwhelmed by you(not read these two yet) Perfect chaos about Georgie & Deck!! Really…moreyes 3 other books about the other characters.With you,Overwhelmed by you(not read these two yet) Perfect chaos about Georgie & Deck!! Really enjoyed this one as the main characters are strong stubborn.They are perfect for each other and you get to find out their inner demons.A very good read and couldn't put this book down till i finished.!!(less)

·  15,508 ratings  ·  1,327 reviews

Stacia (the 2010 club)
Jan 20, 2014 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: People who like to follow the crowd because there sure are a heck of a lot of 5 star reviews
No seals were harmed in the making of this review.

Tonight I had watched in horror the degradation of human beings.

Emily might have watched the degradation of humans. Tonight, I watched in horror the degradation of the written word. Mild spoilers ahead. Read at your own peril.

Strike 1 : The male lead is in a rock band and is also an underground fighter - NAMED SCULPT.

What? He's not also in a Motorcycle Club? If we're going to milk a bunch of trends in multiples, let's not leave anything out.
Christy
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Christy by: Michelle
5 twisted and torn stars!
 photo 11374049-37c3-42b0-b404-85e29b10d8c0_zps4336a270.jpg

Torn from You picks up directly after the 0.5 novella With You leaves off. If you want Emily and Sculpt’s back story, I recommend reading that first.
Kidnapped.
I was alone and fighting to survive.
When I heard Sculpt’s voice, I though he was there to save me.
I was wrong.

Emily thought she was falling in love with a man named Logan, who is know as Sculpt to everyone else. She’s happy, content and at a bar waiting to here Logan sing... Then, she is kidnapp
It's just me Shelly B
Nov 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, arc
Wow.....this book had everything!!

I'm not even sure how to write this review because my thoughts are all over the place!!

Emily and Logan "Sculpt"

Emily she's feisty but reserved, a horse trainer, loyal friend and determined but ends up broken and fighting to come back.

Logan AKA Sculpt he's a tatted up hottie, underground fighter, lead singer in a band, secretive, sexy and ALL alpha! Delicious!!

First 50% of the book

DARK and CRAZY!!! My eyes were about to bug out of my head I wanted to kill ev
Michelle
Nov 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
***UPDATE*** There is now a copy available on Amazon with both With You & Torn From You in one book with a bonus scene from Logan's POV. You can get the new edition on Amazon: http://amzn.to/1durj96

For those that already read the books, you can get the POV at Nashoda's website and while you are there - subscribe to her newsletter! This treat was fantastic and added something special to this story and is a must read.

5 fucktastic stars

ARC received on behalf of the author via Net Gallery.

Let
Debra

★★★★★ 4.5 We're Only Broken When We're Apart stars!

Torn From You was one of those books that starts out with a bang. It's one of those books that manages to capture your attention from the very first page until the very last one, it manages to suck you in until you've reached the final line. The prologue itself was pretty romantic and sweet but then the story takes a complete turn. The first half of the story is quite dark, gritty and emotional and had a bit of a CITD-vibe. The second half was m
Elizabeth
5 FREAKING FANTASTIC STARS

"He made me feel that way. He made me feel protected and cared for, and it was because I trusted him."-Emily

Don't you love those books that sweep you off your feet and hold you captive until you finish? Torn from You is exactly that type of book. It belongs in its own genre of romance! This book has a perfect mixture of both a dark and twisted romance and a timeless love story all in one!

description

As the Prologue begins, we are immediately engrossed by the love and intensity shar
Snow
Re-read, October 4th, 2017.

Enough said...

When I go back to re-read a story for any reason at all, it's a story worth mentioning, well in my world at least!

Logan/Sculpt & Emily's story is a complex mosaic made of passion, resilience, patience, betrayal, sacrifice, love, hope & forgivness as crucial pieces...

Let me just say the multiple layers the male character here has...( and the mix of combination that could not have been more perfect for me – a lead singer and guitar player in a roc
S.M. West
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 ENGRAVED STARS

I was completely blown away by this book! I loved the novella, With You and while it ended on a huge cliffhanger, I had NO CLUE as to what was going to happen next!!

The story begins right where the novella ended, Emily's kidnapped and awakens in a dark, dank basement. She has been brought into a sick, dark world of violence, humiliation, torture and the worse part, Logan's a part of it! Of course, there's A LOT more to the story than that and I don't want to give it away so I
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4.5 Broken and mended back together stars

We're only broken when we're apart."

Holy shit. Wow. I had no idea what to expect from this book, but I was not expecting it to be as good as it was. The best advice I can give you is to go into this absolutely blind. Don't read reviews as even some of the most minor stuff can be spoilers. I will try to sum this up the best I can without giving anything away.

One minute Emily is in love and giving her virginity to a man she loves and trusts implicitly.
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
So after reading .5 With You and being left with an awful cliffhanger I had to know what happens next. Like immediately!!!

calm down photo calm-down-woman_zps85919ca7.gif

So this book starts off with Emily being kidnapped.

wtf photo tumblr_inline_midyboBQpI1qz4rgp_zps33fbc74f.gif

"Kidnapped.
I was alone and fighting to survive.
When I heard Sculpt's voice, I thought he was there to save me.

I was wrong."

Is Sculpt a good guy? or a bad guy? Please be good!!!

PLEase photo tumblr_lhh9mu1v6W1qafrh6_zps5185a934.gif

Nope. Not exactly...

photo Revenge-2x02-Emily_zps3402bb58.gif

Eventually, Emily gets free and tries to move on with her life.

okay photo tumblr_lynigyw80B1r8058ko1_400_zpsb927ca7f.gif

"Some things can't be repaired. You break
Jen
I am going to rate this one a four stars. I really did enjoy the storyline, there were just a few parts though that got my frustration level up. This would be thanks to the heroine Emily, during the second half of the book she became one of those heroine's that held on to her grudge for just too long. Also, she is so wanting to be independent, but to me she came across as cold at some points. Logan tried so very hard to earn her forgiveness; but it was like talking to a brick wall!

I don't really
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»

RATING: 4 "Only Broken When Apart" Hearts!!! :D <3

description

There are some reads that temporarily hold our interest, their stories we take over for escapism, and then there are other reads, like Nashoda Rose’s Torn From You, which commandeer our lives – from the first page to long after the last – obliterating the fictional divide and stealing the reality of our world once we start reading and easily replacing it with the sights, sounds, and emotions of our characters’ world, blanketing us in a tale aw
Mariℓina
Nov 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-arc
5 Stars!
Since i read the blurb i knew this book was for me..
And it was really great..

Sexy, dark, abusive: YEAH!
The first half was very powerful.. After a little prologue and when everything is breezy..BAM!

In seconds it had me shouting ready to vomit.. Seriously there were 2-3 schenes when all i wanted to do was
scream bloody murder.. At one point i threw my tablet off my reading nook and i didn't want to touch it ever again..
That monster Alfonzo along with the devil incarnated Raul made my skin
Cristina
Jun 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
This beginning of this book can be labeled as dark romance but it's not very dark because it doesn't contain (view spoiler) but some sexual encounters contain (view spoiler) and there is plenty of physical abuse.

That being said I'm not going to go into the story because part of the charm of this book is not knowing what's coming next so I'm going to tell you a little bit about what I liked and disliked about this novel.

Because
Sarah ❤
~ARC provided by author via Netgalley~

5 Unbelievable Stars

Logan “Sculpt” <3

"I can't lose you again. I have to do whatever it takes to win you back."

"You, Emily. You're worth fighting for. I fought all my life, but never for anything worthwhile. Now... Now I'm fighting for my heart. Bullshit end here and now."

Ohh gosh, where do I begin with Logan? He was so... he was just... ahh he was perfect! He was undeniably hot and demanding and alpha, but he was also incredibly sweet and caring and ahhh!
Jennifer Kyle
Nov 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.75 Torn Stars

Wow this book had my stomach in the knots for the first fifty percent. Who to trust? I was mapping out how to kill everyone in this mansion with a bazooka gun and running for freedom with a cloud of smoke behind me. The author did an amazing job writing this portion of the story. I was so in it and was stressed beyond belief.

"Kidnapped.
I was alone and fighting to survive.
When I heard Sculpt's voice, I thought he was there to save me.
I was wrong."

Emily has rebuilt
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Nov 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-for-review

4.5 Torn From You Stars

Torn From You is the story of Logan and Emily... And goodness, their story is gripping and intense... And so much more...

"How could he..."

It starts with the prologue which charts the events leading up to the dramatic end of, 'With You.'

Logan is the lead singer in a rock band and an illegal fighter, he goes by the name of Sculpt. Logan and Emily have been hanging out together for months..... He taught her how to fight, and how to love, and then...

.....Emily's world of bl
Pam
“We’re only broken when we’re apart.”

Drugged and taken against her will, fighting to survive. Eme soon realizes that there is nothing left to fight for; especially when the reason to fight is the very reason you’re there. Lost in her own mind, as time slips her by, confused and humiliated, how could this happen, was it all a dream, was it all a lie???
It was both of us – Torn apart. Forced. Ripped. Broken.

The only way Sculpt can keep Eme close is if he fights and wins. Not willin
NiCoLeTa E.
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
***4,5 "Lego" stars***

Wow!!! This book was a huge surprise for me!!!

To be true the first half made me feel a little bit strange and i was all the time on edge...
I didn't know who to trust and i didn't know how to feel...
The main heroine went through so much shit, but many times i caught myself irritated by her...

As for the guy that wasn't worthy of trust, i loved him fiercely...
Have i lost my mind???

Yeah, probably!!!
But if you let me explain you some things, maybe you give me every right to
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Book - Torn from You (Tear Asunder #1)
Author - Nashoda Rose
Publication Date - December 20, 2013
Type - Stand Alone Series
Genre - Dark Romance, Erotica
Rating - 4 out of 5 Stars

Book provided by author via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Reading Order
With You (Tear Asunder #0.5) - Emily and Logan's beginning
Torn from You (Tear Asunder #1) - Emily and Logan's Story
Overwhelmed by You (Tear Asunder #2) - Ream and ?? Story

Review
In the beginning, this book took me on a dark journey that had m
Wendy'sThoughts
Feb 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Nashoda Rose fans, Dark Romance
4.5 Knock the Wind Out of Me Stars
* * * * 1/2 Spoiler Free
DAMNNNNNN, I cannot believe the experience I just had at the expense of Nashoda Rose. She lulled me into a sweet surrender with the first book of this series, With You. There I was treated to a love story so sweet and caring but with the undercurrent of mystery not yet revealed... something just around the corner... lurking.

Now I am not usually a dark romance reader...they are not something I seek out. Yet this series killed me... had m
Glass
Nov 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: way-too-hot
OMG, HOW AM I GOING TO WAIT UNTIL DECEMBER 27TH??? I NEED THIS NOW!

Review posted on December 22nd.

Mind fuck. Nashoda Rose will mess with your head and leave you wanting more. Just like her bad boy Sculpt. Speaking about him, I wrote a review for prequel, With You, recently - you can read it here - and based on the way both stories are written, my advice would be to first read prequel and than Torn from You.

Also, few days ago, we posted Nashoda's playlist on Way Too Hot Books for this book and yo
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!!

Torn From You is Sculpt and Emily's story. In With You Torn Asunder 0.5 we saw them meet and fall in love. Then we saw everything get torn away.

Note: I really recommend reading With You Torn Asunder 0.5 first. It really sets things up for Torn From You. You get a feel for who the characters are and what is going on leading up to the events of Torn From You.

Torn From You felt like two different stories almost. Part 1--Sculpt and Emily, master and slave and Part 2--Logan and his Mouse
Michelle
I totally luvd this why didn't I read it sooner

Emily's life turned upside down once she met Sculpt in a good an bad way she had started to luv him he meant so much to her but she was taken away from him by some really scummy men they did horrible things to her it was heartbreakin then when she thought things couldn't get worst she heard the voice that was giving her hope Sculpt but he was there to help he was there 4 reasons she couldn't even think about this it totally broke Emily she couldn'
Johanna
Dec 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: alpha-males
***4 Logan Stole the Show Stars***
 photo PicMonkeyCollage_zpsf36a6449.jpg

Torn From You
is an interesting book that manages to compile everything we love about a book..It has:
Kidnapping
Hot underground fighter/musician
Obsessive boyfriend
Slavery
and lets not forget the SEX
<----MOST IMPORTANT PART :P
Torn from you is one of those books that keeps you mildly entertained until the end. In all actuality, the first half of the book was dark and gritty. I can see why many people compared this book to Captive In The Dark, but reallyyyyyyyyyy
Claire Robinson
Nov 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 This Wore Me Out Stars.

Torn From You is the first book I have read from this sort of genre of books, and although I can't honestly say it is a theme that I would readily go back to, this book definitely has it's merits.

The writing and the story line for me were original (that-said I have nothing to compare them too), the characters were well rounded, and the actual story offered plenty of drama, twists and turns. I knew it was going to be dark, so I was prepared for it, I just didn't reali
Wynne Katherine
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf, meh
AH. LORD

Give it to this bitch right here *points at self*, to love the novella but hate the novel. Like, who the fuck does that? 😂😂

DNF-ed at 36%.

With the DNF streak that I am sporting right now, I am pretty sure I'll be finished with my reading challenge by the end of the month to be honest. Oh well, don't mind me. Let's get into the review, shall we?

First, let me just say, this book was b-o-r-i-n-g and this is more of a It's not you, It's me kinda review. So bear with me.

After reading the n
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
Dec 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
4ish stars

Gosh... this book started off dark and then it got darker. Emily being kidnapped and torn away from her lover, Logan aka Sculpt. But who is her kidnapper and what did they want with her?

You, Emily. You're worth fighting for

Loved all the oh no no no moments. But then the change in storyline became more NA and that's when it lost my attention. Half the book is a wow 5 stars and the other half is a 3ish stars.

I felt like this book was a bit of everything. There's dark romance, seco
DKristin
Edit: Now that I've gotten some sleep lets see if I can do a slightly better job at describing my feels...

DNF 44%

I can't! I have too many viable options to force myself to finish it. I really enjoyed the prequel to this. I thought it had a lot of elements that I recognized from other stories but there was enough there for it to be different. I am not one of those people who think that only one person can write a certain type of story and then every one else just has to leave it alone. However,
♔Beth♔ XoXo
ummmmmmm NO
 photo tumblr_m13ktlgpui1r27rvo_zps6ad0c249.gif

what the fuck!!!! this book is a bad version of "The Dark Duet" HELL NO!
I don't even know where to start. bad bad book!!!
Its a COPY AND PAST kinda of a book. for example the neck-name Sculpt gave Emily is "mouse" umm its the same idea as "kitten" WTF
ugh the book was just awful. i don't know why people like this shit or worst for the book to be even compared with the dark duet just eww.

OH HELL NO photo oh_hell_no_zps7fbb623c.gif

okay in the begging of the book was kinda confusing .... ???
Emily met logan aka "sculpt" when she w
  • Beneath the Burn
  • Escape from Paradise (Paradise, #1)
  • Bound by Vengeance (SKALS, #2)
  • Madeleine Abducted (The Estate, #1)
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 1 "Taken" (My Masters' Nightmare, #1)
  • Underestimated (Underestimated, #1)
  • Brutally Beautiful (Beautiful, #1)
  • Irreversible Damage (Irreparable #2)
  • Her Master's Courtesan (Masters, #1)
  • Facade (Deception, #1)
  • The Sordid Promise (Breaking Insanity, #1)
  • Trust
  • Twisted Rose (The Darkness Trilogy, #3)
  • Monster (Monster, #1)
  • Semblance (The Midnight Society, #1)
  • Quintessentially Q (Monsters in the Dark, #2)
  • Hero (Hero, #1)
  • Obsession (Darkness Falls, #1)
Nashoda Rose is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of thirteen novels, including the Tear Asunder series, the spin-off Unyielding series, and the paranormal Scars of the Wraiths.
She lives outside of Toronto where she enjoys hiking with her Newfoundland dog and riding her horses.
Nashoda is represented by the Trident Media Group.

New Release: Irish Crown

Tear Asunder (4 books)
  • Overwhelmed by You (Tear Asunder, #2)
  • Shattered by You (Tear Asunder, #3)
  • Kept from You (Tear Asunder, #4)
“You, Emily. You're worth fighting for. I fought all my life, but never for anything worthwhile. Now... Now I'm fighting for my heart. Bullshit ends here and now.” 35 likes
“I’m not chasing after some chick I want to fuck. I’m chasing after a woman I love who isn’t letting me in.” 27 likes