Start by marking “No One to Trust (Hidden Identity, #1)” as Want to Read:
No One to Trust (Hidden Identity, #1)

No One to Trust

(Hidden Identity #1)

Summer Abernathy wakes up one morning to find her husband missing, three men in her home intent on finding him, and the life she's been living based on a lie. Which Kyle Abernathy did she marry? The computer programmer she met in line at the bank? Or the one who was apparently using that image as a cover story?

The search for her husband--and answers--takes Summer ever deep
Published January 7th 2014 by Revell (first published December 24th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about No One to Trust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No One to Trust

Sierra Faith
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lynette Eason's book never fail to keep me in suspense! Such great mysteries! And good biblical lessons too :D
Melanie
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-books
Review on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/review/R26ZRI8D...
Review on my blog (to be posted 1/6): http://christianbookshelfreviews.blog...

No One to Trust is at least the ninth book I've read by Lynette Eason and the first book in her new series, Hidden Identity. I thought it was a very good read and one thought that kept coming to mind while I was reading was "This is so good!!".

Right from the first sentence, my attention was grabbed. I loved the writing style and how the chapters ended with you
Sarah Grace Grzy
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Ages 15+ for action\violence
Wow! That was intense!

I really enjoyed this action-filled suspense from Eason! I loved how it wasn't your typical romantic suspense, instead focusing on a married couple. I did predict a few things early on in the book, but that didn't take away from my enjoyment of the book. I loved all the characters, from David and Summer, to Mike, Adam, Chase, and Ron. Amidst the action, there was a lot of heartwarming\heart wrenching moments that only made the story more fabulous.

There is quite a bit of v
Rachel
Dec 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book starts off with a bang and doesn't let up on the tension! It was great! :D

Summer is on the run with the man she married but doesn't really know. Her new-found faith is put t
Brittany
Dec 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This is one terrific read! In No One to Trust, the action and suspense get started and just don't let up.

What would you do if you woke up one morning to discover that your husband was missing? How about if there were very bad men threatening you and telling you that the man you married is not who you think he is? Well, that is just the beginning of what Summer Abernathy has to deal with. Who is Kyle Abernathy and why did he lie to her?

The author takes us on a real adventure with No One to
Hannah
4.75 stars.
This was a great introduction to Eason's writing, with an action-packed mystery that has, quite literally, a whole bunch of people that the heroine can't trust. Can she and her husband survive? Will their relationship be forever shattered by his hidden past, and is going with him going to keep her alive or put her in more danger?

The only things that bugged me was that David Hackett quite suddenly became Hatchett in the last chapter. It's a huge pet peeve when characters change names.
Bonnie
Loved reading this book!!! Anxious to start book two!!
Casey
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Though not the usual “murder mystery”, “No One to Trust” took the reader on a fast-paced race to keep our hero and heroine safe.

I think these characters become instantly likeable thrust into the situation that they are in: running for their lives. The action kept a good handle on the tension as our characters raced from the bad guys and we learned who was behind all the deception. I did like that the reader saw who was “behind the gun”, but I certainly held my breath a time or two, sure that the
Staci
Jan 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
This was a solid suspense novel. The action kicked off with page one and held through the entire story.

The main characters were both likable. This novel was largely about regaining trust once lost.

I recommend this for fans of Irene Hannon's suspense novels.
JoJo Sutis
Dec 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced, very suspenseful and edgy!!! Watch my complete video review here http://jojosutiscorner.wordpress.com/...
Andrea Cox
Dec 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: challenges-2014
Exactly what I've come to expect from Lynette Eason. Suspense, romance, and a who-dun-it.
Angie H
Sep 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Non-Stop action! Kept me guessing the whole book and turning the pages very quickly! 4.5 stars!
MK ( Makayla)
Hello frens ,
(Frens is Twenty one pilots lingo for friends)
Anyway it took me three days to read this book not because it wasn't interesting but because I was so busy !
The positive :
Lynette Eason is the Queen of suspense I tell ya ! This has to be one of my favorite books by her . Her books are the farthest thing from dull ! Something is always happening .
The negative :
Because of all the action in this book there was very little time to get to know the characters . So we only get mini conversat
Sarita
This was another great read from Lynette Eason. It gripped me from the start and had me turning pages as fast as I can.

The mystery around the missing laptop and who was after David/Kyle was intriguing. This book was not suspenseful but filled with action and left me wondering what will happen next. I think my favourite parts were when David/Kyle called in the reinforcements. The bad guy was also a bit twisted in how he treated his enemies.

I enjoyed the characters, there was some times I thought
Dawn
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Summer Abernathy had gone to sleep expecting to be woken up when her husband returned home from his business trip. She did not expect to be rudely awakened by three strange men, her husband missing, and the life she knew a lie. Confused and scared, Summer doesn't know to trust. When she's forced to go on the run and into hiding along with her husband, she is determined to find the truth. Both about the situation they are in and about the man she married. Will Summer be able to forgive her husban ...more
Cara Putman
Sep 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
No One to Trust is a wild race from the prologue and the first chapter. When the heroine wakes up to find a gun in her face, you know the book will be a page turner.

Lynette does what she does best...she creates characters that are compelling, a situation that is touch and go as the heroine realizes her husband is far from the man she believed him to be. At a few points the action almost goes too fast -- especially at the end. But the characters and story kept me coming back even as I was on vac
Stefanie
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in Lynette Eason's Hidden Identity series. I really enjoyed the read and enjoyed the suspense that was woven throughout the book. I look forward to reading the rest of the series!
Deb Haggerty
Sep 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't figure it out…first Singularity by Steven James…now No One to Trust by Lynette Eason – both involving snakes! Then I had a brainstorm and checked the Chinese calendar – sure enough, last year (while they both were probably writing their books) was the year of the SNAKE. Wonder if that’s where they got the idea? The Chinese year this year is the Year of the Horse – wonder if we’ll be seeing a lot of westerns?

Lynette writes enough action and adventure, and enough suspense and romance, int
Paul Goble
Jan 04, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Christian fiction who enjoy fast-moving action and suspense.
This fast-moving Christian suspense was enjoyable, but nothing extraordinary. Summer Abernathy wakes up to find a killer in her bedroom and her husband gone. Soon she discovers that many of the people in her life are not who they say they are. Army Rangers end up helping US Marshalls and police rescue the innocents and bring justice to the bad guys.

About the plot: The action and suspense move quickly from cover to cover. New villains hide around each corner. Some of the villains are conquered ea
Dec 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Title: NO ONE TO TRUST
Author: Lynette Eason
Publisher: Revell
January 2014
ISBN: 978-0800722081
Genre: Suspense

She doesn’ t know who she’s running from—and the man she loves may be someone else entirely

Vera Godley
Jan 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a fast-paced mystery, suspense story about a young man whose actions in his past have led to a situation today where he is in the WITSEC (Witness Protection) program because he is the primary witness in a major criminal case. He has married while in the WITSEC program and is working as an IT guru. His wife, Summer, is an attorney but she has no knowledge of his past and his being in the WITSEC program. In short, his life has been a lie to her up to the point where she awakens and sees a ...more
Caitlyn Santi
Jul 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Wow! Lynette Eason has blown me away once again!

I believe this is the eleventh book of Lynette Eason's I've read. So I know that if a book has this author's name on the cover, I'm in for an emotional, romantic, heart tugging, adrenaline pumping thrill ride! No One To Trust definitely did not disappoint! I loved the characters in this book, I especially loved the fact that the main characters were already married before the book started, and that their struggles were based on overcoming lies, th
Jillian
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book blew me away! With tight prose and a twisted villain, Lynette Eason kept my attention throughout the entire story. I read this while I was with family over New Year's and loved it so much that I could not put it down. The story had a nice balance between the suspense and romance, and kept me intrigued. It's faced paced and thrilling.

The characters are memorable and relatable. I loved Summer's character and my heart hurt for the situation she found herself in. While I didn't love Kyle
Joleen
Location: South Carolina
Main Characters:
Summer Abernathy: Lawyer, threatened to find a laptop
Kyle Abernathy : AKA David Hackett Summer’s husband in witness protection
A host of bad guys and marshals

Summer Abernathy wakes to find men in her house demanding she find some laptop and threatening her life, and her husband is nowhere to be found.

Kyle is on a witness protection pr
Tamara Tilley
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Spectacular!!

NO ONE TO TRUST by Lynette Eason is one of the most gripping, high speed books I have read in a long time. At times, my heart was racing as fast as Summer and Kyle were running. A real thriller!

Summer Abernathy awakes to find armed men in her bedroom in search of her missing husband. The story they tell her regarding her husband is ludicrous. But, if she doesn’t do what they say, they’ll kill her. Not knowing what to do or what to believe, Summer sets out to find Kyle’s laptop. Inst
Jan 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've been a fan of Lynette Eason for a while, but No One to Trust is her best book so far. The action starts on the first page and doesn't let up until the very end. Even in suspense books, there's usually a spot in the book where I can put it down to do other things...like sleep, but not in this one. I had to stay up until 3 a.m. to finish.

When Summer is accosted in her own home by men searching for her husband, she's thrown into a tailspin of lies, cover-ups, and the mob. Summer has to decide
Julie Graves
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-reads, christian
Summer and her husband have been married for about a year. Before they were married Summer told her husband that the only thing she could never forgive was if he lied to her. When Summer is awakened with a gun to her head she soon finds that not only has her husband lied to her, but he has also plunged her and those she loves the most into mortal danger.

From the very first pages I was hooked! Seriously, my heart was pounding several times while reading this book. Not only was I on the edge of my
Shauna
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lynette Eason's latest series, Hidden Identity, is off to a fantastic start! What a great story! It's different than the norm right off the bat because the not-so-typical 'love interests' are already married, but Summer finds out quickly that she really doesn't know her computer programmer husband at all. He's disappears, and when she sees him again and finds out who he really is, she has to forget much of what she thought she knew and decide if she still loves him and if she can ever trust him ...more
Audrey
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a page-turning, heart-stopping book! Summer and her husband are running for their lives but Summer isn't sure she can trust her husband. She recently discovered that he was using a false identity and hiding under the Witness Protection Program.Somewhere there has been a leech and the Mafia has found them. Danger is around every corner and its difficult to know whom to trust. This is a thrilling story of betrayal and forgiveness.
inkwell reviews-Rachelle
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review From inkwellreviews.com

Wow! Hang on tight for this one. From the first page, No One to Trust is a heart-pumping, adrenalin-surging book that will have your hands glued to it until you finish it at 2:00am.

• Beowulf: Explosives Detection Dog (A Breed Apart, #3)
  • Trapped (Private Justice, #2)
  • Fatal Exchange (Southern Crimes #2)
  • Stranded (Alaskan Courage, #3)
  • A Promise to Protect (Logan Point, #2)
  • Poison (Bloodline Trilogy, #2)
  • Critical Pursuit (Brinna Caruso #1)
  • Somebody Like You
  • Firewall (FBI: Houston, #1)
  • Blind Trust (Port Aster Secrets, #2)
  • Gone to Ground
Lynette Eason grew up in Greenville, SC. She graduated from the University of South Carolina, Columbia, and then obtained her masters in education from Converse College. Author of twenty inspirational romantic suspense books, she is also a member of American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) and Romance Writers of America (RWA). In 1996, Lynette married "the boy next door" and now she and her husba ...more

Hidden Identity (3 books)
  • Nowhere to Turn (Hidden Identity, #2)
  • No Place to Hide (Hidden Identity, #3)
“Summer offered up a prayer for his safety. 'Let him live, Lord,' she whispered. 'Let him be okay. Bring him home to me.' She paused. 'Because if he's lied to me, I want to be the one to kill him.' Another pause. 'Amen.” 0 likes