Start by marking “Rainy Day Dreams (Seattle Brides #2)” as Want to Read:
Rainy Day Dreams (Seattle Brides #2)

Rainy Day Dreams (Seattle Brides #2)

Beloved Christian fiction authors Lori Copeland and Virginia Smith team up once more in the second volume of the Seattle Brides series.

Published April 1st 2014 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Rainy Day Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rainy Day Dreams

Teresa Snyder
Mar 24, 2014 Teresa Snyder rated it really liked it
Although I have not yet read book 1 in the series, A Bride for Noah, I did not feel that I was at a big disadvantage. I was able to follow the story and characters. I did feel that it may have been slightly more enjoyable had I know all of the back stories, developed a prior relationship with the characters, but not a requirement.

For me, the book had a slow beginning. The first half devoted to introducing the two main characters, Jason and Kathryn. Both were rather standoffish, not very friendl
Joleen
Dec 30, 2013 Joleen rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of Amish Fiction
Overall: 3.8 stars.

The main message: Letting go of the past and letting God lead you.

Favorite Characters: The Leads, Kathryn and Jason. Although, Miss Everett is from Nevada City and moves to Seattle--I myself am from the Nevada City area and am now living in the Seattle area so I enjoyed that part.

Overall thoughts: This is a cute little tale. I love the historical aspects that are tied in throughout; Denny, Yesler, Chief Seattle. I think the audience that will enjoy this the most is similar t
Maggie Hesseling
Jan 06, 2014 Maggie Hesseling rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
At some points really slow paced, but too interesting to put down. It's slow unfolding keeps you wondering where everything is leading to, but the interesting characters and situation make it all worth the while. With the constant threat of attack, and the need to fit in, this novel has all the great elements of a colony-novel withouth all the pilgrim fluff. I love that they are ruled by their faith in a time of need and that color does not seem to matter, rather it is the person (red or white) ...more
Marilyn Rondeau
Mar 28, 2014 Marilyn Rondeau rated it it was amazing
When Kathryn Burgert’s father decided to send his daughter to Seattle in 1852 to work with a relative at the only hotel in town, deep down he was hoping Kathryn would also find a husband as the ratio of men to women was close to a hundred to one. Unfortunately Kathryn feels her father either didn’t give her the unvarnished truth of her situation or he was fully cognizant of wanting to destroy her life! The only light at the end of a very dark tunnel was Kathryn’s attraction to Jason, a man who t ...more
Erin H. (ITIO Book Reviews)
Jan 11, 2014 Erin H. (ITIO Book Reviews) rated it liked it
Recommends it for: People who enjoy Christian romances
Recommended to Erin H. by: Net Galley
The publisher gave me a copy of this book to read and review (from NetGalley). This has, in no way, altered my opinion of the book and what is written below is a 100% honest review.

It's not often that I find a Christian romance that is set in Seattle. I must confess that is one of the major reasons I picked up this book. I've never read a book by either of these authors, but I enjoyed this one.

There wasn't a overly preachy tone to it which pleased me. Some Christian fiction becomes nothing more
Miss Pippi the Librarian
Sep 25, 2013 Miss Pippi the Librarian rated it really liked it
The city of Seattle is growing! It now boasts a general store, restaurant, and a hotel (among a few other things, of course). Kathryn's father ships her off to the new town in hopes of her finding a husband. In the meantime, he arranged for her to assist a distant family member at the city's hotel - Faulkner House. Jason Gates also arrives in Seattle on the same boat as Kathryn and scoffs at her "husband hunt." His goal is to run an efficient saw mill, put his past behind him, and stay clear of ...more
Ann Keller
Aug 03, 2014 Ann Keller rated it really liked it
I loved the descriptions in this book and the starkness of early Seattle. Good characterizations, although love seemed to spring out of nowhere. Perhaps if the book had been about 50 pages longer, the reader would have been able to see the romance build a little bit more. Other than that, a good story line.
Julie
Apr 05, 2014 Julie rated it really liked it
I loved the development of the characters inn this book. The book moved at a good speed..that's why I was able to read it in a day! I loved the "twin" part - I'm a twin also which definitely made it all the better!
Keep up the great stories Virginia...
Allison Grubbs
Blech. Falling in love with a man you don't know, who has only been rude and cruel to you? Double blech. Also, the history of Seattle is not nearly so rosy, filled with people who champion the Native Americans. Meh.
May 16, 2014 Laura rated it it was ok
The premise was good, but I felt like I spent a lot of time waiting for the story to pick up. Once the action started the book ended. An ok read, but forgettable.
Language: clean, heat level: mild.
Kristen Robison
Oct 10, 2014 Kristen Robison rated it it was ok
I usually enjoy a Lori Copeland book but this one was just okay. It was one of those we hate each other, hate each other, wait...now we're in love kind of books.
Arnetta
Jan 07, 2017 Arnetta rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 50-states
A thoroughly enjoyable quick read about a young woman sent to Seattle by her father with the intent of finding a husband - something she does not want to do. It follows her dismay at the 'town' she finds herself in and her struggles along the way. Very fast read and totally enjoyable. It is the follow up to the book - a bride for Noah by same author. that was also a great, quick read.
Jalynn Patterson
Jun 04, 2014 Jalynn Patterson rated it it was amazing
About the Book:

When the Burgert family moves to Seattle in 1852, Kathryn is convinced her father has destroyed her life. The backwoods settlement offers none of the comforts and culture she loves in San Francisco. She cares nothing for the new sawmill the townsfolk are so excited about. That is, until she meets Jason, a lumberjack with dreams for a bright future.
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
The hardest thing to comprehend when we go about our daily lives is how hard it was for those first settlers to travel thousands of miles and begin the cities we find ourselves living in today. We often forget the hardships, the struggles and adversities they faced in trying to make their dreams of a new life come true. From disease, to Indian attacks and just the journey itself is one to be commended and remembered. Perhaps that is why I have such a love for historical fiction. In the Seattle B ...more
Kate (Too Read or Not Too Read)
In Rainy Day Dreams we travel back to the settlement of Seattle. Four years have passed since the end of A Bride for Noah, the first book in the series. The town has grown. The biggest mill in the west is operating and business is booming. Men are traveling in a steady flow to find jobs and women are traveling to find husbands.

The set up for this story was great. I enjoyed looking deeper into a history that isn't widely known about outside of Washington State. Even though quite a bit of time has
June
May 26, 2014 June rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-copy
This was another fun read by Lori Copeland and Virginia Smith. I love the books they have written together.

Kathryn's father has decided to send his daughter to Seattle because, well, she needs a husband, and what better place to find a husband than a new town overrun by men! She arrives only to find that she is to be her father's cousins maid. Not a job she is thrilled about.

Jason Gates is newly arrived in Seattle to take over as manager for the sawmill run by steam. He's been in the logging b
Holly
Mar 31, 2014 Holly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second book was as good if not better than the first. We get to see some old friends from the first book and meet some new ones. This story contained a wonderful romance, some tension not only between the two main characters but for the young town of Seattle. The authors did a great job throwing some surprises into the story that made it interesting and very touching.

Initially I struggled with Kathryn and wanted to slap her more than once. But as the story developed and she came to terms wit
Cheryl
Feb 08, 2017 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Engaging follow-up to "A Bride For Noah" with several of the same characters. Love Jason, Kathryn, Inez and John William. Copeland & Smith's writing will transport the reader back to 1856 Seattle where they will feel the mud beneath their feet and smell the biscuits and bacon cooking. (Wish I had some now.) I hope for more books in this series soon!
Apr 25, 2014 Laura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
RAINY DAY DREAMS is book two in the Seattle Brides series, but it easily stands alone. Four years has passed since the first book in the series A Bride for Noah, and Seattle has built up some and is under some attacks from Indians.

Kathryn is arrogant, rude, and overbearing as the story begins, and the hero, Jason is the usual sweetheart of a hero for romance novels. He has some secrets, and works hard whereas Kathryn believes herself above her circumstances and is determined to be difficult. I
Michelle Kidwell
Jan 29, 2016 Michelle Kidwell rated it it was amazing
Rainy Day Dreams by Lori Copeland and Virginia Smith

Harvest House Publishers

Christian, Romance

Pub Date Apr 1, 2014

In this book we travel back to 1856 Seattle, Washington. Katherine has reluctantly left San Francisco to make a life in Seattle. Kathryn is ready to give her Father an earful just a short time after her arrival. She does not at all like Seattle.

Kathryn has come to be Madame Gariston’s assistant. In exchange she will live in the Faulkner Hotel which Madame Gariston owns.

Kathryn is on
Debbie Ballard
Jun 28, 2014 Debbie Ballard rated it it was amazing
I loved and enjoyed reading the romantic, inspirational, historical fiction, Rainey Day Dreams (Seattle Brides Book 2) by Lori Copeland and Virginia Smith that I received free through Goodreads First Reads.
Kathryn is forced by her father to come to Seattle, find a husband, and work for her cousin. Jason comes to Seattle to work as a manager at the sawmill and to escape the memories of the death of his wife and still born son. Kathryn wants to go back home, doesn't want to find a husband, and is
Susan Manchester
Apr 06, 2014 Susan Manchester rated it it was amazing
When I first looked at this book, I thought, "Oh, no! Another cute little fluffy romance!" Boy, am I glad I went ahead and read it anyway! It is one of the best historical novels I have read! So many fascinating historical events were introduced. We are keeping this series for our homeschool States of the United States unit on Washington state. The characters were wonderful, and I agree with a previous reviewer about the twin aspect, although I am not a twin myself (I do have twin grandchildren; ...more
April
Apr 08, 2014 April rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Reading this was a great way of letting go of my daily stress and immersing myself in someone else's life.

I love that it uses a setting of the 1800s. A time when women should be married, and out of their father's hair. Kathryn finds out all too soon that this is what her father is hoping for when he sends her to help out a relative at a hotel. Kathryn is on a high horse - and needs to be knocked down! Everyone can see that.

Yes this is a romance story - but you may be surprised
Chalaina
Jun 26, 2014 Chalaina rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
I enjoyed reading this book. The characters are interesting and I got rather attached to them. Now, I think I'm going to go back and read the first book in the series. It seemed like a rather short time for the two main characters, and for a couple of the other characters, to fall in love.

I was very excited to win this book in a giveaway here on Goodreads.

Now to find the first book in this series. :-)

Just an update, being from the Seattle area it was pretty cool to read a book set in the early
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
Boy did I have a hard time getting into this book. In fact, I was never able to connect with the characters or care about the plot. I wasn't exactly sure what the point of the story was until well past the halfway point. Kathryn is self-centered and entitled, while Jason is prejudiced and surly. There was never any chemistry between the two. The best characters in the story are Evie and Noah from the first book in the series. I did enjoy the setting of a newly settled Seattle.

Jennifer Moore
I really enjoyed this, especially the historical aspects. I overlooked the tiny spot on the spine that said this was book 2 (the cover and title pages did not say that) and until I read the authors' note at the end I didn't realize it was book 2. So it is not necessary to read book 1 first; however, the hints of there being a love story behind Noah and Evie would have not seemed so disappointing since you would already know their story if you had book 1 first.
Joyce
Aug 15, 2014 Joyce rated it liked it
Kathryn Burgert is sent to Seattle to find a husband and to work for her distant cousin. The year is 1856. Kathryn loves to paint and is not good at it. Instead
Kathryn is good with people and making them happy. The people of the town love her and accept her all but one man . All is resolved at the end. Kathryn
stays in Seattle in spite of the threat of an Indian attack. An enjoyable tale although slow at times.
Linda
Jul 01, 2014 Linda rated it it was amazing
I was well into the 3rd or 4th chapter before I remembered the first book. I was so surprised when a twin showed up. I still can't figure out why Helen was staying in her room so much.
PWRL
Jul 02, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-new
A
Tausha
Feb 06, 2015 Tausha rated it liked it
Cute, clean read. I liked this one it just seemed to drag on a bit. Cute characters, I just had a hard time getting through it.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 18, 2014 10:45AM
  • A Promise in Pieces (Quilts of Love, #17)
  • The Beaches and Brides Romance Collection: 5 Historical Romances Buoyed by the Sea
  • Through the Deep Waters
  • Texas: Pioneer Hearts Are Open to Love and at Risk for Danger in Four Interwoven Novels
  • Tried and True (Wild at Heart, #1)
  • A Heartbeat Away (Quilts of Love, #7)
  • Love Finds A Home
  • Patterns of Love (Coming to America, #2)
  • Yankee Bride/Rebel Bride (Brides of Montclair, #5)
  • Love Finds You in Bethlehem, New Hampshire
  • Beauty for Ashes (Hickory Ridge, #2)
  • Pattern for Romance (Quilts of Love, #8)
  • The Miner's Lady (Land of Shining Water #3)
  • Dreaming on Daisies (Love Blossoms in Oregon, #3)
  • A Lady in the Making (Prairie Dreams, #3)
  • Seattle Cinderella
  • Lily's Plight (Harwood House #3)
  • A Bride for All Seasons
Lori Copeland was born on 12 June 1941. She had a relatively late start in writing, breaking into publishing in 1982 when she was already forty years old. Over the next dozen years, her romance novels achieved much success, as was evidenced by her winning the Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Award, The Holt Medallion, and Walden Books' Best Seller award. She has been inducted into the Missouri Wri ...more
More about Lori Copeland...

Seattle Brides (2 books)
  • A Bride for Noah (Seattle Brides #1)