Start by marking “Losing Touch” as Want to Read:
Losing Touch

Losing Touch

Morgan Dunsmore feels like everything is out of reach--a paying job, a healthy marriage, even a good bowel movement. Complicated by his wife's recent back surgery, Morgan tries to protect his wife & kids from his anxieties, not to mention their financial burdens, but that just pushes them away even further. In the middle of it all, he starts to lose his tangibility. He ...more
Published May 14th 2013 by Post Mortem Press

To ask other readers questions about Losing Touch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Losing Touch

Mark Matthews
Jan 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Losing Touch is the story of an everyday kind of married male trying to make ends meet. His biggest struggles are to be a father, stay faithful, provide for his family, and as the story begins, come to grips with the power to move through other objects.

But this new power isn’t in a superhero universe, it’s in the real one, and thus, for example, he can pass through walls but only when naked (for how could clothes get through the wall, right?)

If you ever been bothered by the fact that the Hulk on
Frank Errington
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 of 5 Stars Review copy

From the foreword by Piers Anthony. The basic premise of Losing Touch is as follows...

"Suppose you were to discover that you had the ability to phase out and walk through walls, in the manner of a ghost. Great! You could visit forbidden places, get out of jail free, sneak peeks at your neighbor's private lives, get inside when you lock yourself out of your car or house. But would it really be that simple?"

It all starts when Morgan Dunsmore falls off, or should I say thr
Max III
Jun 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
LOSING TOUCH begins with an excellent introduction by the legendary Mr. Piers Anthony. I want to take a moment and comment how impressed I was with this introduction. Unlike the majority of introductions I've read, this one actually seemed like Piers Anthony had read the book in question. Anthony covers major themes that Christian A. Larsen presents in LOSING TOUCH, and it honestly made me even more excited to dig into the book. And dig into the book I did.

I did not know what to expect when I be
Matthew Bieniek
May 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
Years of reading comic books has apparently trained me not to question the physics behind most super powers. For instance, the Hulk can pick up a car by its front end and slam it over his foe's head. Ignoring the sheer weight of the car, how does he have the leverage to lift such a long, heavy object? When Batman or the (Green) Arrow are falling and fire a line up in the air, how can they be certain that the object it attaches itself to will support their weight, and for that matter, how is thei ...more
Shaun Meeks
Jun 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have been a pretty big fan of Christian A. Larsen since I started to read some of his short fiction about a year and a half ago. So when I found out that he was releasing a novel, I was pretty stoked. I was even more excited when I read the description and found that it was about someone that pretty much gets superpowers. So the comic and horror nerd in me was revved up for this one.
The story itself is very well played; well thought out characters, great tension and some great scenarios. There
C. Bryan Brown
Jul 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
While the main character in this book may be “losing touch” in every way, the book does the exact opposite for the reader. Christian Larsen draws you in and keeps you in.

I can’t say what I expected when I picked up this book at a convention, but what I read was much more than just horror or sci-fi or drama. Larsen successfully blends all the above genres into an exciting book, which is a rare thing. The main character, Morgan Dunsmore is a unique individual and it’s not just his quantum tunneli
Bill
Oct 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
What would you do if you had the ability to walk through walls? And would you use your power exclusively for good or might you be tempted to lower yourself to less philanthropic endeavors for your own profit? These questions are among those Morgan Dunsmore has to confront when he discovers that he has the ability to pass his entire body, or parts of it, through solid matter. But what this book also examines (in sometimes graphic detail) are issues like: since your body can pass through walls, bu ...more
Star
Jul 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Morgan Dunsmore has a wife, Corrine, and two young sons. He also has no job (and no prospects), a mortgage, and mounting bills. His wife can’t work due to her back surgery and Morgan feels the burdens of life weighing him down. He feels alone, overwhelmed, and invisible…and soon he starts to fade away. Morgan discovers he’s able to phase through matter – walk through walls, etc., but comes at a price. Hiding his new-found ‘ability’ from his family only brings more distance between them and leads ...more
Scott
Jun 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A discovery at the Printer's Row Lit Fest in Chicago. I stopped at the Post Mortem Press table and the cover on this book jumped out at me. It was eye catching and made me want to know what the book was about. The author was there to tell a little about the story, and I bought it.

It's a hard-to-categorize book - not really horror, but not really SF either. More of a human story told within the trappings of both of those genres. The main character's life isn't going too well as the book begins,
Stephanie Beebe
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. The protagonist is a man approaching middle age and he is not handling this stage of life well. Despite his character not being overly likable, by the end you find that you are wishing that he will succeed. There is an element of fantasy as he discovers that he is able to move through matter and has to learn how to handle this new part of his life.

I am also reading Larsen's new book (couldn't find it here to add to my shelf), Blackening of Flesh. From what I've seen s
Andrew
Jul 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Grim, but also lots of fun. Larsen has considered the details of quantum tunneling, and how such a power would effect a man down on his luck, and though the premise is fantasy, the story is very real. There's a lot of heart to this book, and though it largely follows the "downward spiral" trope (things start of bad, and just keep getting worse), there's a great and unexpected ending waiting on the other side.
Dave Granger
Jul 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
A nice slow build up, to a great ending that kept me glued to the page. Highly recommend it!
Steven Wellington
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: scary-stuff
I've seen more than a few folks call this book "Breaking Bad with a twist." Can't wait for Larsen's next.
Darlene Harris
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A great read. New, fresh and fast. There is not a lot of fluff to this one, which is nice and refreshing.
IndieHeart