Start by marking “Rise of the DEO: Leadership by Design” as Want to Read:
Rise of the DEO: Leadership by Design

Rise of the DEO: Leadership by Design

The majority of companies, their employees and their leaders navigate a space where competitors appear overnight, customers demand innovations monthly, business plans rarely last a full year and career ladders have been replaced by trampolines. This environment of constant change will only accelerate in the future and traditional business leaders are ill equipped to deal w ...more
Published September 27th 2013 by New Riders Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Rise of the DEO, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rise of the DEO

Start your review of Rise of the DEO: Leadership by Design
Roger Simmons
Sep 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
I won this book through Goodreads and any opinion expressed herein is mine. I read this book over the course of a few months during my free time and found this book to be so full of great information and ideas. From the interviews of not so famous persons who are much like everyday people who have made good career choices to those who have forged ahead as leaders in their fields. I enjoyed reading this book for it's insight and knowledge. The information is a little bit of a sensory overload if ...more
Kara Kelly
Aug 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Pretty basic but encouraging outline of the creative direction of leadership in the current age
Rachel Parrott
Sep 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
What a breath of fresh air. After so many books on leadership re-hashing the same old model, The Rise of the DEO speaks of leadership that can move and influence in ways that are changing the world. This book speaks of ways to lead a group that can grow and respond in our ever changing world, a leader that allows others to bring more of themselves to the table and help them become great leaders themselves.
David
Aug 06, 2014 rated it did not like it
A very weak leadership book, pandering to designer's fragile self-esteem.

The book talks about general qualities of modern leaders but paints those qualities as something unique to designers. As a designer and leader I was very disappointed in the book. I found the insight thin and basically pandering to the ego of the designer as if they were truly unique. The truth is great leaders possess all of these skills even when their background has nothing to do with design.

Jena
Oct 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I went to see Maria Giudice and Christopher Reynolds speak on a whim. They've articulated what I've hoped was possible and have created companies and careers around design that I envy. I enjoyed both seeing them speak together and getting to go behind-the-scenes with this book to make design driven leadership more commonplace.
Brian Duchek
Oct 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
Easily digestible book from veteran design thinkers. Reading it was like a salve to this itchy rash you get working with people that rub you wrong, like steel wool.
Rashel
Jan 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Quick, easy read with a lot of actionable advice for becoming a design leader.
Robert
Oct 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
I discovered multiple great leadership takeaways from this book that I plan to implement into my career, especially for those in high tech industry.
Carly Antor
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of the best design leadership books I've read!
Mike Welsh
Nov 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
A great read written by my friend Maria Giudice.
John
Larry Williams
Nov 10, 2013
Matthew
Feb 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Bringing together abilities for a design leader.
John Franklin
Benjamin Snipes
Feb 14, 2015
Jamie
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Affirming read about design thinking and emerging corporate leadership
Missy Bergen
Sindri Pall
Feb 08, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Making Ideas Happen: Overcoming the Obstacles Between Vision and Reality
  • Change by Design: How Design Thinking Transforms Organizations and Inspires Innovation
  • The Practice of Godliness
  • Manage Your Day-to-Day: Build Your Routine, Find Your Focus, and Sharpen Your Creative Mind
  • David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and the Art of Battling Giants