Start by marking “The Iron Warrior (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Iron Warrior (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #3)

The Iron Warrior (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten #3)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  4,986 Ratings  ·  697 Reviews
The Iron Prince—my nephew—betrayed us all.

He killed me.

Then, I woke up.

Waking after a month on the brink of death, Ethan Chase is stunned to learn that the Veil that conceals the fey from human sight was temporarily torn away. Although humankind's glimpse of the world of Faery lasted just a brief moment, the human world has been cast into chaos, and the emotion and glam
Published October 27th 2015 by Harlequin Teen

To ask other readers questions about The Iron Warrior, please sign up.

Gloria I don't know, I have no idea how this prophecy thing is going to be resolved. I have no doubt that Julie is working her head off trying to find the…moreI don't know, I have no idea how this prophecy thing is going to be resolved. I have no doubt that Julie is working her head off trying to find the perfect ending to her first and wonderful series. We don't want the book rushed and I know the wait is soo annoying (i really do, I check back here almost everyday for updates) but it will be done, all we can do is be patient. (less)

Karen
Nov 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
March 3 2015

IS THAT A BLURB I SEE THERE

AND A NEW TITLE (OFFICIAL???)

AND, DARE I DREAM, AN ACTUAL PUBLICATION DATE??

THAT CAN ONLY MEAN ONE THING...MORE ASH. AND MORE ASH. OH, AND MORE ASH. DID I MENTION MORE ASH?

BTW HAVE YOU GUYS NOTICED THAT IT'S BEEN OVER A YEAR THAT I'VE BEEN RANTING?? DOES IT MATTER? MY PRAYERS HAVE FINALLY BEEN HEARD. HALLE-FUCKING-LUJAH.

P.S

09/26/2014

What is this, rant # 4? 5?

I don't know

Anyway, I guess the book's official name is The Forgotten Crown

Kewl.

I already h
Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ Martin
I'm so happy with this whole series! From the first 4 books and the continuation in the last 3 books! ❤

This book was so good! I mean there was a war and some peeps died and stuff you know. BUT, overall it went back to being wonderful and I teared up a little.

It really was a happy ever after for almost everyone.

If you have been meaning to read these books I would recommend them. I wasn't sure I would like them since I have had them so long and my thoughts change about books - But nope, I loved
Marie
Jun 27, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2015-releases
CLIFFHANGER.

Kierran. What the hell.

description

Did your parents ever discipline you? Why would you do that? I just...I just can't.

I'm so upset right now.

description

Ash and Megan better put their foot down and ground that kid. For life. In the dungeon. With no supper.
Lupe
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Don't forget that Ethan was still wearing the protection amulet that Kenzie gave back to him.....surely that will protect him somehow....hoping anyway...
Natalie Monroe

"This is a war, Ethan Chase. And you are not like your sister. You do not commend the power of Summer and Iron. You do not have the son of Mab and the infamous Robin Goodfellow at your side. You are a mere mortal with no power of your own, a girl who is dying and a gremlin. How do you expect to make things right, Ethan Chase? How do you expect to stand against the Forgotten and their queen?"

I was a little startled when I saw the page count was 330 pages. The Iron Knight was like 400+
Saniya
Mar 31, 2015 is currently reading it

I am sorry, but did she just say not one, not two, but mo-fucking three deaths?
WHAT THE FU-
If she even dares to think about killing off my babies Ash, Puck or even Meghan asdfghjkl-
I am done. Ladies and gentlemen. I. AM. DONE. Body and soul.
And Evil? Man, you are right next to Lucifer atm.
Jonna
Dec 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
I hope, dear God, that Keirran will have an epic character development on the 3rd book because holy freaking cow, that boy....

That stupid, selfish,reckless sunnavamuthafuckinbeetz. The only reason why I'm giving him a chance of redemption is because he's still so young, and young people do stupid things.

But goodness, his stupidity caused a war AND FUCKING MURDER.

P.S.

Also, if Julie Kagawa doesn't revive Ethan, I will go shitbricks.

***

After Reading:

SPOILERS AHEAD KTNXBAI

Okkk! I must admit, I'm ac
Irena
Nov 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
So the day has finally come. The day I finished the last book of my favorite series... I will miss my faeries... :(

Hanging with Ethan, Kenzie and Keirran was an amazing experience and I would do it all over again if I could.

This world, that Julie Kagawa created, is my favorite world of all the fictional ones, and while other bookworms are waiting for their letter from Hogwarts, I am waiting for a faerie creature to come and take me to NeverNever. I could be a slave to faeries, I don't mind! I c
Lisa RC
Dec 10, 2013 marked it as to-read
Second book:
Things went from poop to sh!t to sh!t hole.
Just when you thought things couldn't get any worse, Kagawa goes, "Oh yeah, well, take this!" and throws in another plot twist.
(view spoiler)

My overall reaction while reading The Iron Traitor:
description

Anyway, I'll be reading third book of The Blood of Eden (The Forever Song) while waitin
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Harlequin (UK) Limited, and NetGalley.)

“Had that been Meghan and her knights, come to save me?"

This was a really good end to the series, and I enjoyed it.

I liked Ethan in this book and I was so glad that he was okay after the events at the end of book 2! That cliff-hanger was a bit of a killer, but I was glad that things worked out okay. Ethan really held it together well in this book, and really pull
♛Tash
Spoilers for the Iron Traitor in this review

Suprise! Ethan lives after being stabbed by that brat, Keirran. He wakes up to a world in chaos after the veil disappears, so naturally Ethan rushes in to save the day.

Alright, let's get onto the good stuff. I have read several books about feys in the last few years and nothing comes close to Julie Kagawa's NeverNever. Stepping back into NeverNever reminded me how much I missed the snarl and tangle of the Wyldwood, the steampunky streets of Mag Tuiredh
Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi
And here I though that waiting for The Iron Traitor would drive me crazy. Little did I know.
That cliffhanger was mean Miss Kagawa!

EDIT after reading: Should have read it when it came out...I'ma different reader now.
Sandra
Review: 1/2/2016
New year, new book finished.

Now having a two years hiatus from the iron fey (yeah, you read that right. TWO years away from this series!) I have come back. So, I picked this up without rereading any of the previous books to refresh my mind because to an extent the authors write their books in a way that it hints at past events to jog your memories so I let Ms Kagawa do it and what I forgot, oh well. This is a tale of the Forgotten so I think I'm granted some leeway in my forgetti
Cody
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-be-released
The very last Iron Fey book. Never again will I return to this magical world. No more faeries, no more talking cats and to just stick the knife right into my heart- no more Ashallyn’ darkmyr Tallyn. Is everybody just a little bit depressed, everybody with me? Great, now onto the review!

So after the literally ‘killer’ ending of The Lost Prince we find out that Ethan is in fact not dead whew, the Veil between humans and faeries was temporarily lifted during Ethan’s ‘death’, The Dark Muse/The Lady
Italia8989
Apr 21, 2014 rated it liked it
I am reading you for the probable fifteen pages of Puck.

Update 10/4/16:

It is with a bittersweet feeling that I have finished the last book in the Iron Fey series. Farewell to the magnificent world built upon lore and Kagawa's originality; goodbye to Robin Goodfellow. (Spoiler: Shakespeare's rendition of him is not as hot as Kagawa's. I mean, unless you get turned on by donkeys.)

Compared to the previous books in the series, it was easier to appreciate Ethan and Kenzie for their realistic teenage
Jerrie Hackett
Jan 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Can we please have this book like yesterday
Nikita
Nov 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Updated November 7, 2015:
The Iron Warrior is gripping, emotional, shocking and amazing. Ethan wakes up after nearly being killed by Keirran and learns that the Forgotten Queen has gotten stronger thanks to the Veil being temporary broken that has allowed the humans to see the world of Faery. Now the fully powered Forgotten Queen is on her way with her army to destroy the Faery Courts with Keirran leading the way. To stop the Forgotten Queen and save Kierran and Faery, Ethan, Kenzie and his frien
Eric Boot
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THAT WAS ALL I EVER WANTED AND MORE :) OMYGODH THAT EPILOGUE AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS ALMOST LEFT ME IN TEARS. THIS MADE ME REALIZE HOW MUCH I ADORE THIS WORLD, IT'S FOR SURE AMONG MY TOP 10 FAVOURITE BOOKWORLDS!<
I DON'T KNOW WHY THIS BOOK ISN'T MORE POPULAR BUT I WANT TO SHOUT AT THE ENTIRE WORLD:

!READ THIS GUYS IT'S THE ABSOLUTE BEST!

MISS KAGAWA: THANKS FOR ALL THE FEELS. YOU'RE MY HERO :)
Ferdy
Spoilers

-Wasn't entertained by the story much, it mostly consisted of drawn out action scenes and Ethan/Kenzie searching for various people and going from place A to B to C, it just wasn't interesting.

-Enjoyed the world and some of the secondary characters, they kept the book from being 1 star instead of 2.

-Still didn't like Ethan all that much, he was a lot better than he was in the first two books though. His bitterness and self-pity was still there but to a lesser degree. It didn't help when
Kristalia
Final rating: 3.5/5 stars

“I thought you didn’t believe in fate or destiny.”
“I don’t.” Kenzie shrugged. “There’s always a choice, Ethan, even if between running away and facing the thing that scares us head-on. Even if all paths lead to the same place.” She paused a moment, staring up into the canopy, her voice going soft. “How we get there, and what we do on the way, that’s always up to us.”

Since this is a conclusion of a series I have been reading for years, I will write only a short review
Nastassja
Oct 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of Iron Fey series
The end. Fin. Ende. Final. Whatever language you're using - the meaning won't change. The epic series is over. Am I sad? Yes. It was a long journey and a memorable one. Did this book disappoint me? Yes. Do I feel sorry for reading it? No. This book is a good buy. Was it a necessary book? No. The first four books were perfectly enough to put an end to this journey, but Julie Kagawa decided to prolong it. I enjoyed this new trilogy but it did not evoke the same feelings. I was happy to see old fri ...more
◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj
November 14th 2015: *sigh* It's the end of an epic era.

EDIT: Okay, it's been a while since I finished this book, and I thought maybe I should say more about the ending of one of my all time favorite series. BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY. Seriously, I don't. Not without spoiling, anyways. And I feel like once I start, I'll never stop.

So I'll just say this. Give this series a chance, guys. Even if you're only slightly curious, DO IT. If you love it, that's awesome. If you hate it, that's absolutel
Cookie
I am so annoyed.
I'm upset that no one kicked Keirran's ass.
All talk and no play, children. It's like you live by this rule.

Oh shit.
I almost forgot this existed.
I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FEEL ABOUT THE COVER.
I def know I liked The Forgotten Crown better than The Iron Warrior ugh
-----
Edit: I'm kind of worried now. Already, she's played the I-Killed-You-But-Surprise-They-Aren't-Really-Dead card twice.

I have a love/hate relationship with Julie Kagawa.
While your books are an amusing and exhilarating
Maggie ☘ (Reader in Wonderland)
I can't even. The Iron Warrior was so much better than I thought it would ever be! I cried, I laughed, experienced all the crazy adventures with the characters and now my beloved Iron Fey series is truly over.

I will miss the beautiful faery world - Nevernever, all its dark corners, disputed courts, strange creatures and all the secrets it holds. I will miss the characters so much - Meghan, Ash, Puck, Grimalkin, Ethan, Kenzie, Keirran..

This series has been with me for such a long time now, I rem
Giovanna
Oct 02, 2013 rated it liked it
I got a copy of this book via Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review.

3.5

The Iron Fey was one of the first young-adult series that I loved. It was flawed, but I loved the characters and the world-building with all my heart. Even now it's my favourite series about Fae. However I've always thought that the spin-off wasn't half as charming and compelling as the original series. Ethan, Kenzie and Keirran pale if compared to the original trio and it speaks volumes the fact that the thing I loved
Vivien
May 01, 2014 marked it as to-read
12/08/2014

That Title!!!

∴∵The Forgotten Crown∵∴

I LOVE IT SO MUCH ♡♡♡ - WHY 2015??!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wait.....
Expected publication: 2015
......
........ . .
You've gotta be joking!!!
Noooooooooo *sadface*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keirran.. What The Hell??......
How could you?? (T.T)
Why did nobody think about our feelings????

My reaction at the end :

I REALLY need to know the release date :c

Baharan
Nov 03, 2013 marked it as to-read
OH MY GOD!! i just finished iron traitor and i really need this right now! i mean i have no idea whats going to happen now! wtf ethan cant die... how... i mean what! oh god i really need to know how she's going to continue this now!!!! CAN'T WAIT!!
Maria (highinthebooksky)
Feb 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
awww it's so bittersweet! I don't want to say goodbye!
it was a great journey and I loved the fey world beyond words!
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (of badger and SNAKE)

▩ Now that we have a release date and a cover for book 3, I'm going to finally start this spin-off - even if I was spoiled the end of book 2.

THANK YOU GR AND YOUR AUTHOR INTERVIEWS. That was SO nice of you to put a question about this end without spoiler tag IN FUCKING CAPS. Wait - maybe GR doesn't KNOW the spoiler tag?

Anyone to read them with me?
  • Requiem (Books of Faerie, #3)
  • The Faerie Queen (The Faerie Ring #4)
  • Storm (Paper Gods, #3)
  • Sacrifice (Elemental, #5)
  • Oblivion (Nevermore, #3)
  • Untitled (Nightshade Legacy #2; Nightshade World #8)
  • The Eye of Andromeda (Age of X, #3)
  • The Power (Titan, #2)
  • Ungodly (Goddess War, #3)
  • Public Enemies (Immortal Game, #2)
  • Sweet Temptation (Sweet, #4)
  • Desert Tales (Wicked Lovely)
  • Miranda Kenneally Bundle: Catching Jordan, Stealing Parker, Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #1-3)
  • Willowgrove (Hemlock, #3)
  • Fallenmore (Feathermore, #2)
  • Faerie After (Bones of Faerie, #3)
  • Fragile Spirits (Souls, #2)
  • Dance of Fire (Dance of Shadows, #2)

The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten (3 books)
  • The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #1)
  • The Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #2)

“Puck laughed, shaking his head at the prince's expression. "Looks like you just got scolded by a gremlin, Your Magesty," he chuckled and crossed his arms. "Ah, can't say I'm not gonna miss you two. We had some fun times, right, princeling? Sadest past is, I won't ever hear ice-boy complain that I'm corrupting you again. But, I guess all good things mus come to an end." He sighe'd, gave Kierran a friendly arm punch and raised his hand. "See ya'round kid. Try not to let those Slim Shadys suck out all your fun. Ethan Chase?" Puck winked at me. "I'm sure I'll see you again, whether you like it or not."
"Yeah," I deadpanned. "So looking forward to it." Puck laughed again. "Don't you forget it. Until the next adventure kiddos." Sticking his hands into his pockets, the Great Prankster sauntered off, whistling until he reached the edge of the trees and vanished into the shadows.”
2 likes
“Puck laughed, shaking his head at the prince's expression. "Looks like you just got scolded by a gremlin, Your Magesty," he chuckled and crossed his arms. "Ah, can't say I'm not gonna miss you two. We had some fun times, right, princeling? Sadest past is, I won't ever hear ice-boy complain that I'm corrupting you again. But, I guess all good things must come to an end." He sighed, gave Kierran a friendly arm punch and raised his hand. "See ya'round kid. Try not to let those Slim Shadys suck out all your fun. Ethan Chase?" Puck winked at me. "I'm sure I'll see you again, whether you like it or not."
"Yeah," I deadpanned. "So looking forward to it." Puck laughed again. "Don't you forget it. Until the next adventure, kiddos." Sticking his hands into his pockets, the Great Prankster sauntered off, whistling until he reached the edge of the trees and vanished into the shadows.”
0 likes