Start by marking “The Eternity Key (Into the Dark, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Eternity Key (Into the Dark, #2)

The Eternity Key

(Into the Dark #2)

Fan-favorite author Bree Despain continues her modern-day romance trilogy inspired by the Greek myth of Persephone and Hades with this second book in her Into the Dark series.

Haden Lord, the disgraced Prince of the Underrealm, has chosen love over honor and will do everything in his power to protect Daphne Raines, the human girl he was supposed to bring to the Underrealm.
Published April 28th 2015 by EgmontUSA

Winter by Marissa MeyerRed Queen by Victoria AveyardThe Heir by Kiera CassFairest by Marissa MeyerEnd of Days by Susan Ee
YA Novels of 2015
1,464 books — 8,901 voters
Winter by Marissa MeyerQueen of Shadows by Sarah J. MaasReturn to Me by Kelly MoranA Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. MaasLiars, Inc. by Paula Stokes
2015 Releases
753 books — 1,453 voters

More lists with this book...

(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Egmont USA, and NetGalley.)

“We shouldn’t be singing warm-up notes when our time to find the Key is wasting away, but she is so stuck on her plan for her future that I am afraid she doesn’t realise that particular future may never come.”

This was a good YA mythology/fantasy sequel, and boy did these kids get themselves in a pickle!

Daphne and the crew continued to make some dodgy decisions in this story,
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)
Thanks to Netgalley and Egmont USA for giving me this book to review

Daphne is beginning to embrace her destiny as the cypher and is discovering the power of her musical ability. Along with her friends, she is determined to find the Key of Hades and save her world from the Keres. Haden has chosen Daphne and what is right over power, but is struggling with his feelings for Daphne and how to tell her. Time is running out to find the Key before the spring equinox, and with Skylords in Olympus Hills
Sara Raasch
Mar 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you thought Book 1 was intense, dude. Maybe you should get yourself some calming tea before you read this one because hella intense times ahead, yo, physical as well as emotional.

Quests. Lightning. Fights. Stalkers. Evil Skylords. Maybe evil Skylords? Evil Underlords. Maybe evil Underlords? Who is evil? Who is trustworthy? WHAT IS HAPPENING TO MY HEARTTTT?

And, of course, Haden and Daphne.

Basically, I have no heart anymore, because Bree broke it all up and ground it into a fine powder and spr
Colleen Houck
Okay wait a minute. I had the arc for this book so does it really end there with Tobin? Oh man! I've got to get my hands on the next book asap. Luckily, I'm on a panel with Bree this month so I can pester her for information and/or the arc for the next book. Loved this sequel even more than the first. The characters really all took great leaps forward in their own ways and I'm horribly concerned about each one of them right now. Loved Hayden even more and Garrick? Didn't see that coming.
Nancy The book junkie
Apr 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4.25/5

Review coming soon!
Pili
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
When last year I read The Shadow Prince I was quite pleasantly surprised about the twist on Greek mythology that the author had worked on. Qith some obvious references and a few surprises about who was who, I was left really looking forward to read the sequel!

Then I got approved for the sequel by the publisher on Netgalley (thank you!) and then came the Egdmont debacle and we had doubts about book 3 happening... and I ended up pushing back reading this one. Finally decided to go back to this ser
Jessica (Books: A true story)
Short and Sweet Version
Slow-burning romance.  Fun, modern retelling of Greek myths.  Epic, cliff-hanger ending.  Twists.  Famous rock star father sold your soul.  All the things you need for the perfect novel to lose yourself in for a while.
Jessica Thinks Too Much Version
(view spoiler)
AH
This is a DNF (did not finish) review.

I made it to a little more than 50% of this book and while I enjoyed the first book immensely, this book just dragged and dragged for me. Too much talking about stuff, not enough action.

Thank you to NetGalley and Edgemont USA for a review copy of this book.
Jessica (a GREAT read)
I received this ARC from the publishers via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review, I was in no way compensated for this review.

I read Bree Despain's The Eternity Key in about a day and it was freaking awesome! I read 1 chapter one day and then the rest the day after and just wow! WOW! And now I must say, I NEED book 3 SEVERAL MONTHS AGO!!!

Now that I got that out of the way, let's move on! We pick up mere weeks where we left off and based on when I read the ARC of the first book last time, i
Sophia (Bookwyrming Thoughts)
Well, if I didn't like The Shadow Prince very much back when I read it, I definitely like The Eternity Key much better than the first book.

The second book in the Into the Dark series is one of those books that feel as though you're watching the next episode of most TV shows, where the narrator pretty much says, "Previously on..."

In The Eternit
Beth
Jul 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Daphne and the other students realize they must find the Key of Hades to save the world from the Keres. The key must be found before the spring equinox and the tension is rising. To top it off some of the Skylords have invaded the school at Olympus Hills and there is a possible trader in the mix of students that were trusted.

Haden is struggling with his feelings toward Daphne and his duty to collect her to the underworld.

Daphne is coming to terms with her abilities but is having a hard time wit
Kt
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review originally posted on my blog: A Book Obsession..

I have mixed feelings about this one. The romance is really off kilter in this series, at least for me. And considering how romance driven I am with my reading choices, this one frustrated me a good bit. At the end of the first I had high hopes that things would turn around in the department, but unfortunately the romance was just more of the same in THE ETERNITY KEY. I can tell that there's supposed to be this epic draw between them, if not
Emma
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness!!! This cannot be happening! The world is not okay! I need time for my mind to process it before it hits me! According to my mind and my heart it won't be too long before I break and I bawl my eyes out! Please Bree Despain! Release the next book! We are all suffering! Anyway this book was so good! Honestly I thought it was better than the first one! That feeling of being able to read the first one and then get to read an even better one is an amazing feeling, and from this I know ...more
Tonja Drecker
Aug 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Although I received a free copy of this in exchange for a review, the first book had already been recommended to me, and I was glad to get a chance to see this ARC. First, I should make it clear that I did not read book 1 yet - just haven't gotten around to it, but after reading this one, plan on catching back up.

Yes, one should read book 1 first. Although there is enough background information to get the story in the 2nd book going, I still felt I was missing something, which would have made th
Liviania
May 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed THE SHADOW PRINCE, so it's no surprise that I would pick up THE ETERNITY KEY. I appreciated that there was some recapping of events since it had been awhile since I read the first book. I think that will also be a boon to readers who leap ahead and skip book one for whatever reason.

THE ETERNITY KEY continues to switch between Daphne and Haden's POVs, and adds Tobin's POV to the mix. I'm not entirely sure Tobin's POV added that much to the story, aside from reminders that they do need t
Shelley
**I received this book for free from (Publisher) via (NetGalley) in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.**

*Genre* Young Adult, Mythology
*Rating* 3.5

*My Thoughts*

The Eternity Key is the second installment in Bree Despain's Into The Dark series. The series, based on the Greek tale of Persephone and Hades, features Haden Lord, fallen Prince of the Underrealm, and Daphne Raines, the human girl who has discovered that she has powers a
Jess
Mar 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads
This was very good. This series was leaps and bounds above an already pretty good first book in the series. While the push and pull of the Haden/Daphne relationship was frustrating, the pacing in this book was well-done, and I really enjoyed it.
Karra
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
Rachel
Not a great second book. Pretty disappointed. Didn't really move the story much and left a huge cliffhanger. I will read the last one, but the first in the series was much better.
Kayla
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great sequel to the first book
Aeron Trahaearn
THE ENDING....THE ENDING WAS FUCKING AWSESOME!!! this is pure gold!!!...ooooh I love Haden lord but srsly?? there's next to no romance in this series!! :(
Suey
Apr 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved the continuation of this awesome mythology re-telling. Except that ending is probably going to kill me.
Jennifer Showalter -  MAMA Bookasaurus
4.4 STARS - REVIEW: The crap got real in this second installment to the Into the Dark Series. It was hitting the fan... big time. With the stress the group faces back in Olympus Hills once again with the hunt for the key, Haden stewing over his feelings, the Skylords and the other figure wreck mayhem and havoc on their plans, I felt shoved into a pressure cooker like a ham on Sunday.

Let's start with Haden and everything he's dealing with. Visions of the Genie from Aladdin saying, "Tell Her the T
Benedicte Dansie
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love this trilogy. There are a lot of books out there that focus so much on the Persephone Hades myth and this one stands apart from all the others. Not only does Bree Despain pull in other myths such as Orpheus and Eurydice, she also has a very strong and unique plotline. My only complaint is that I'd like to have a little more development with characters like Cece(Abbie), Jonathan, etc. These books are very lively and the friendships/relationships within them are relatable and endearing.
Debbie
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Eternity Key is a real middle child. The story advances at a slower pace and then just ends with many strings left dangling. We find our heroes in many states of love, with Haden and Daphne at the top of that list. As I said many things are left unresolved and you'll just have to read the last book to get the answers.
Kassie
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my! This book was good! Usually I don't like second books in series but this one is even better than the first one. And that ending!! I did not see it coming! The beginning is quite slow but not the annoying-God-when-does-it-finally-start slow. They are investigating and it's not bad. But the ending is definitely the best part. I loooooooved it!!
Lisa
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining second installment

This was a fast paced enjoyable second installment. The reader gets to see deeper into the characters mind set. There are new characters introduced. And the ending I don't think I ever saw coming. I can't wait to get to the next one.
Laurie
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was just as awesome as the first! Action packed - much more mythology and continued building of the characters I love!
Book Magic
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read

I can't wait 2 read the next book in this series. The last 1/2 of this book was so refreshing, that I'm glad I kept reading.
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very very well.. I wanna read the last book.. hope the ending will be amazing!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 21, 2015 01:27PM

• The Gleaning (The Spellspinners of Melas County, #2)
  • Public Enemies (Immortal Game, #2)
  • Midnight Dawn (Mortal Machine, #2)
  • The Ruby Airship (The Diamond Thief #2)
  • Altered (Altered Sequence, #1)
  • Summer Queen (Fairy Queens, #2)
  • Darkest Battle (Birthright, #3)
  • Stormtroopers: Beyond the Armor (Star Wars)
  • A Lonely Magic
  • The Battle for Arcanon Major (The Lost Dacomé Files #1)
  • My Totally Awkward Supernatural Crush
  • Twist (Loop, #2)
  • The Dickens Mirror (Dark Passages, #2)
  • Braving the Brontes (Carly Keene: Literary Detective, #1)
  • The Replaced (The Taking, #2)
  • Familiar Things (A Book of All Hollows, #1)
  • Unaccompanied Minor (April Mae Manning #1)
  • Avalon Rising (Metal & Lace, #2)
The Short: Bree rediscovered her childhood love for creating stories when she took a semester off college to write and direct plays for at-risk, inner-city teens from Philadelphia and New York. She currently lives in Salt Lake City, Utah with her husband, two young sons, and her beloved TiVo. The Dark Divine is Bree's debut novel.

The Long: As a kid, Bree would staple folded papers to make her own

Into the Dark (3 books)
  • The Shadow Prince (Into the Dark, #1)
  • The Immortal Throne (Into the Dark, #3)