Start by marking “Take a Chance (Rosemary Beach, #7; Chance, #1)” as Want to Read:
Take a Chance (Rosemary Beach, #7; Chance, #1)

Take a Chance

(Rosemary Beach #7)

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  34,117 ratings  ·  2,484 reviews
From #1 New York Times bestselling author Abbi Glines comes the story of Grant, the sexy playboy who first captured readers hearts in Fallen Too Far.

When Harlow Manning's rocker father goes on tour, he sends her to Rosemary Beach, Florida, to live with her half-sister, Nan. The problem: Nan despises her. Harlow has to keep her head down if she wants to get through the nex
Published February 25th 2014 by Atria Books (first published February 5th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Take a Chance, please sign up.
Amanda Webster Absolutely read them in order...the characters stories overlap each other and how they interact with one another is usually based on something that's…moreAbsolutely read them in order...the characters stories overlap each other and how they interact with one another is usually based on something that's happened in a previous novel...plus theyre just really awesome books so start at the beginning and enjoy!(less)
Kuromee Georgianna is Nan's and Rush's mother. She was married to Grant's father for some time and that's how Grant and Rush became brothers, which never…moreGeorgianna is Nan's and Rush's mother. She was married to Grant's father for some time and that's how Grant and Rush became brothers, which never changed for them even after the divorce.
Dean is Rush's father, he was never married to Gorgianna though. The father of Nan is Kiro.
I hope that's understandable.(less)

·  34,117 ratings  ·  2,484 reviews

Aestas Book Blog
Aug 06, 2013 rated it really liked it

Before I get into the review, I just want to say that I strongly recommend reading all the other books in the series before reading this one. Grant's story is tied in quite strongly with both Rush and Woods' (and with everyone else in Rosemary Beach) and I really feel like they should all be read in order. There are a lot of characters too so it would be good to go in with a bit of a refresher on them first.

Emotionally, this was a bit of a complicated book because there were a lot of factors at
Christy
Jun 10, 2013 rated it liked it

3-3.5 conflicted stars

photo cb22449c-7c82-4483-9ab7-176a734e0f8b_zpseb371722.jpg

I was equal parts nervous and excited to read this book. Why? Excited because in the beginning of this series, Grant was one of my favorite characters. I have been waiting and waiting for his book. Nervous because of NAN. Once I found out Grant and Nan had this thing going on, he wasn’t as appealing as before. But still, I picked it up. I love Abbi Glines books and I wanted to give it a go. The verdict- even though there were some issues, I did LIKE the book. I wanted to l
Kristen
2 1/2 Star

Didn't like much about this book other than Harlow and the secondary characters. The Grant I loved from previous books was missing in this story. He's become my least favorite hero in the series. As for Nan, I'm so tired of her character it's not funny.

This quote says all there is to say about my feeling for Grant.
 photo A61C2AAB-E4A4-4CBB-ACB4-6DF8977F3E9C.jpg

March 2014 Update

Update: Well DANG! Apparently from all the early reviews (there sure seems to be a lot of ARCs) Nan DOES indeed play another bitchy role in this book. Pl
seton
Dec 24, 2013 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: only hard-up Glines fans
Why do Glines heroes always have to be so douchey? Even if they were nice guys in previous bks? It's as if she went to the Judith McNaught school of romance writing.

I once joked that Grant needed to be fumigated after being with Nan. Now I know it wouldn't have made a difference since Grant banged Nan again two months after he deflowered Harlow. (This is near the beginning of the bk so I am not using spoiler tags).

I was too grossed out to continue. I would have given 2 stars normally but the ju
Sofia T. (♥ Dimitri Belikov)
Jul 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
"She needed me. No one had ever needed me. It had made me weak." -Greant

Take a chance is the first book in the Chances new series by Abbi Glines.

So, although I'm a huge fan of Abbi Glines, I was a bit hesitant about this book and all because of Nan (if you haven't already guessed it, I'm a #Nanhater). Every time I hear her name is like I hear "Beware there is a lot of DRAMA around". Especially ever since I found out about Nan and Grant's relationship, my respect for him has dropped a lot. But I
Jodie
Yet another book that has the fangirls squealing and rating a book 5 stars before a copy has been released. Well I read it first and it was shite, the Hero (I use this term very loosely) is an absolute douchebag and the heroine (again this term is as loose as the hero's morals) is a complete doormat. I am starting to get really concerned about young girls reading this type of book and believing that it is ok to be in a relationship with a boy who is an utter waste of a penis. Oh yeah and I think ...more
Pearl Angeli
The story of Grant Carter and Harlow Manning is one of my most anticipated stories in Rosemary Beach series. After reading it though, I have to say I'm kind of disappointed, although not totally. I did love Rush and Blaire's story, as well as Woods and Della's. But here... I sort of lost the connection.

The first part of the book was so good. I love the flashback scenarios and it totally made me root for the two together. Although there was a great hindrance in the person of Nan, and Grant was a
Alexis *Reality Bites*
Jun 14, 2013 marked it as to-read
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: I will NOT be reading this until Grant's 2nd book drops at the end of the summer of 2014. That is all, please resume your regularly scheduled Goodreads browsing.
Catarina
2,5 “Meh” Stars. Okay, 3, but only for Rush.

So basically this book could be resumed into a couple of lines: Nan and Harlow are half-sisters. Nan is a bitch, Harlow is not.
Grant had some very weird thing with Nan and he (and the rest of the world) don’t understand why that happened. So he meets Harlow, feelings appear between but when Nan is in the picture, you know that obstacles will be in their way. And surprising, Nan will not be the only one. (But she’s still the main one.)

Nan almost ruin
Cristina
Polly
Aug 06, 2013 rated it did not like it
This is my official I'm never ever reading another Abbi Glines book again decleration. I'll add more later but what you NEED to know now is do NOT waste $8 on this horrible book. Your bank account will thank you.
Alpha Possessive Heroes
description

FINALLY WE GET A BLURB.. MY GAD..

I'm hoping the story doesn't revolve too darn much about Nan. And Grant.. dude seriously.. you better NOT hook up with Nan again! And pleaseeeee... don't get confused with your fucking feelings and felt the need to choose between the two (like what Rush did!)

Gosh.. I'm gonna stop now.. I'm getting too work up on this. lol

description

I can't wait for the book cover.. we all know it's going to be sweet and epic!

edited:
4 STARS!

I'm all into cheating heroes and doormat heroine..
Booknut
"We will probably never understand black holes, or why women fall madly in love with douchebags." ~ Anon

That quote right there basically sums up this entire book.

Take A Chance will make you question whether or not the male species have working brains located in their craniums. Or, you know, whether or not they use said brains. Because if they did, maybe then we wouldn't have a bunch of crushed female hearts scattered across this story like confetti.

Grant...is an idiot.

There aren't words to desc
Michelle
Sep 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 I. FUCKING. HATE. NAN’S. FUCKING. GUTS. Stars

Harlow may be the daughter of a rock star and Nan’s sister, but this girl is nothing but innocent and sweet. She has been sheltered from the life her father led, but after her grandmother’s passing, she is thrown into his world with a new sister that might just be the biggest book-bitch EVER.

“Harlow Manning was breathtaking. She didn’t look like a rock star’s kid. She looked like an innocent, sweet country girl, with long, dark hair and eyes that
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
2 stars

I'm officially moving out of Rosemary Beach and sticking to Sea Breeze. I'm done.

I love Abbi Glines book. They're like crack to me. Or really, it's like one of those repetitive one night stands you keep going back to. You know what I'm talking about. The sex is mildly satisfying, but you'll hate yourself for it in the morning? Yeah. That.

Grant

Harlow

Nan

Any questions?

Here's the thing, I've seen a lot of reviewers dislike this book because of certain "choices" that Grant makes. It actually
*TANYA*
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
I'm officially done with this series, for reals this time. I was curious of Grant's and Harlow's story. I really wanted to punch Nan in her lady parts. She's a miserable person and I cannot believe she manipulates so many people and they let her. Grrr.
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3.5 - 4 ★'s

From the moment you meet Grant in Fallen Too Far, you just know there's something about him. Something about him that you need to know better. And there's a sweetness about him that has you wanting someone really special for him.

I was a bit taken back by this Grant. He was different than my perception of him. I wanted him NOT to fit into the same ol' formula. Unfortunately, he fits right in. Not only is he a player but he has a fear of commitment. 'Nuff said.

Harlow is a bit too upt
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
Jun 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favourites, emotional
3.5 Sweet, gentle shining Harlow stars

I love Abbi Glines as an author and for us as readers I look forward to her stories they're like my crack 'majority of the time' you get hot characters I love the men in this series and the heroines are ones you can on some level relate to, Abbi has the ability to pull you in from the beginning and as a reading experience I usually enjoy her books. This one though didn't push all my buttons....

Grant we meet at the beginning of Fallen too far I loved him fro
Jen
2.5-3 Underwhelming Stars

Seeing Grant always made me want to escape into one of my stories where guys who looked like him fell in love with girls like me. Not Nan.

As an author, Abbi Glines has made me feel almost every emotion imaginable with her writing. Heartbreaking sorrow for certain characters and what their pasts have forced them to endure, happiness when the obvious manwhore changes his ways for the virginal good girl waiting in the wings for him, anger and frustration when it seems I c
Tough Critic Book Reviews
3.5~stars

Dear Abbi Glines,

Since all of my prior reviews of your books have included a direct correspondence, well except that one time when I was forced to disparage the name Dank, and then that other one time when I made a few minor improvements adjustments to the While it Lasts cover, this is no exception. The afore mentioned situations notwithstanding, I've decided to continue the trend (along with using some multi-syllable smart sounding college words, which I googled) and write you another
Sarah Darlington
Jan 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one. More than I expected to. I didn't give it 5 stars because it wasn't as good as Abbi's Fallen Too Far books or as good as Wood's 1st book or as good as a few from her other series. But it still held my full attention and I still loved reason another of her books!!! I'll be reading Grant's 2nd book as soon as it comes out. Even at $7!
Natasha is a Book Junkie
“My kitten has claws and apparently only you bring them out. Sleeping with the evil sister has put you on my baby girl’s shit list.”

There is something about an Abbi Glines book that gets to me every single time without fail. Her stories are not just consistently engaging and compelling, but each new book feels like she’s pushed the envelope one step further, taken her characters one extra step into the uncharted territories of her own endless imagination. You never know what you’re going to
I am SO ticked off at Grant right now I could happily strangle him!!! I'm not sure I even LIKE Grant anymore. Grant better grovel for at LEAST half of the next book. If anyone has a right to hold a grudge, it is Harlow. Only love would have let Harlow forgive HIM for the first betrayal. Now this. He let her down again! I hope he crawls back. Of course, his perceived hurt will probably mean he cuts another swath through the skanks again. Boo hoo for Grant. He will need a discount for STD testing ...more
Sandra
May 25, 2014 rated it it was ok
Dear Take A Chance,

I gave you a chance but you blew it!

I would have to say I am highly disappointed. I have nothing but high praises for previous books I've read of Ms. Glines but you unfortunately have fallen short of my expectations.

Just recently, I made this comment on one of my reviews that YA/NA books are all following a certain pattern. How heroines are all virgins and heroes are all douchebags. And this book is a perfect example of that. And I really hate it! I used to like it when bad bo
Ilze
review to follow.
____________
Abbi Glines just posted blurb for Grants book:

description

When Harlow Manning’s rocker father goes on tour, he sends her to Rosemary Beach, Florida, to live with her half-sister, Nan. The problem: Nan despises her. Harlow has to keep her head down if she wants to get through the next nine months, which seems easy enough. Until gorgeous Grant Carter walks out of Nan’s room in nothing but his boxer briefs.

Grant made a huge mistake getting involved with a girl with venom in her vei
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jun 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
(4 I Want To Belong To You Stars!)
(BR With Tiffany)

photo a8f3be01-eb4c-47a6-939d-9592cd539662.jpg

photo 0e740fe0-5d4d-4188-b2c9-706312ac09b2.jpg

Harlow Manning is the daughter of rock star Kiro Manning. She has led a sheltered life, and hasn't had much experience with dating. So when she spends two weeks with the gorgeous Grant Carter, and then doesn't hear from him for a while, she believes he doesn't really care about her, and that he is just a womanizer.

photo 20c75683-3d78-4f5c-975a-b7de13b460cc.jpg

Grant Carter is a sexy as hell, charming, sweet talking guy who lives in Rosemary Beach, and works for his dad's construction busi
Rag
Feb 11, 2015 rated it liked it
3 Annoyed Stars

photo image_zpsee6v5ssp.jpg

First thing first I Loved Rush and Blaire's story. It's one of my all time favorites. And the Rosemary Beach series is really good but in Take a Chance...goodness I was so annoyed with it. I was so frustrated with Nan, Harlow, and even Grant at times.

Emma Watson is Annoyed photo emma-annoyed_zps4ef98efa.gif

Ok so I get that Grant is scared of losing someone he loves and blah blah blah, but he kept letting that fear stop things from happening. At first I was swooning because he was scared then he kept saying that again and again and aga
Silvana
3 what The Hell Happened To Grant Stars
My Harlow, Grant and Nan in the future, because frankly it doesn't look like Nan is going away anytime soon!

description

Seriously she is such a hateful character, I wonder why no one has done this to her yet?!!

description

Where is that famous shotgun of Blaire that she seemed to use on everyone except the most deserving person?! Go on Blaire do it, Rush will forgive you.

Now to Grant, seriously where is the charming, protective and loyal guy I fell in love with in the previous book
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
I hate Grant. I think I might hate him more than I hated Rush. Thats a lot of hate. And I gobbled this book up in one night! I stayed up WAY too late!
At the bar 5 196 Jan 13, 2015 06:55AM
Please please be Harlow... 9 265 Mar 01, 2014 06:31PM
Goodreads Librari...: Series incorrect 6 156 Aug 22, 2013 12:17PM
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Four Years Later (One Week Girlfriend, #4)
  • The Ever After of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #4)
  • Unbearable Guilt (Breathe Again, #2)
  • My Sweetest Escape (My Favorite Mistake, #2)
  • Needing Her (From Ashes, #1.5)
  • Bring Me Home (Shattered Hearts, #4)
  • Beat of the Heart (Runaway Train, #2)
  • Cherished (Wanted, #4)
  • Before We Fall (Beautifully Broken, #3)
  • Finders Keepers (Lost & Found, #3)
  • Ambrosia (Book Boyfriend, #2)
  • The Sweetest Game (The Perfect Game, #3)
  • Trust in Me (Wait for You, #1.5)
  • Ripped (Real, #5)
  • Accept Me (Wrecked, #3)
  • White Trash Love Song (White Trash Trilogy, #3)
  • Wasted Heart (Ruining, #3)
Abbi Glines is a #1 New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of the Rosemary Beach, Sea Breeze, Vincent Boys, Field Party and Existence series. She never cooks unless baking during the Christmas holiday counts. She believes in ghosts and has a habit of asking people if their house is haunted before she goes in it. She drinks afternoon tea because she wants to be Britis ...more

Rosemary Beach (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Fallen Too Far (Rosemary Beach, #1; Too Far, #1)
  • Never Too Far (Rosemary Beach, #2; Too Far, #2)
  • Forever Too Far (Rosemary Beach, #3; Too Far, #3)
  • Rush Too Far (Rosemary Beach, #4; Too Far, #4)
  • Twisted Perfection (Rosemary Beach, #5; Perfection, #1)
  • Simple Perfection (Rosemary Beach, #6; Perfection, #2)
  • One More Chance (Rosemary Beach, #8; Chance, #2)
  • You Were Mine (Rosemary Beach, #9)
  • When I'm Gone (Rosemary Beach, #10)
  • When You're Back (Rosemary Beach, #11)
“Three kinds of women in this world. The kind that suck you dry and leave you with nothing. The kind that only want a good time. And the kind that make life worth a damn. That last kind . . . the right woman’s the one who gives as much as she takes, and you can’t get enough. She’s the kind . . . if you lose her, you lose yourself.” 53 likes
“My books were my friends.” 28 likes