Start by marking “Blitzing Emily (Love and Football, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blitzing Emily (Love and Football, #1)

Blitzing Emily

(Love and Football #1)

All's fair in Love and Football...

Emily Hamilton doesn't trust men. She's much more comfortable playing the romantic lead in front of a packed house onstage than in her own life. So when NFL star and alluring ladies' man Brandon McKenna acts as her personal white knight, she has no illusions that he'll stick around. However, a misunderstanding with the press throws them to
Published January 7th 2014 by Avon Impulse

To ask other readers questions about Blitzing Emily, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blitzing Emily

Paige
Feb 02, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: i-own, nook, 2014-books
Very slow, relaxed pace.

BLITZING EMILY is an extremely slow paced romance. There wasn’t any real fire between NFL player Brandon and opera singer Emily.

***Detailed Review***

After an icy fall brings Emily and Brandon together in the ER, they are mistaken as being engaged. Both immediately sees benefits in their careers and agree to let the engagement stand for thirty days.

However, Brandon and Emily fall into a comfortable relationship together and when thirty days comes and goes, they agree to
Valerie
Apr 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads, romance
3 1/2 stars - Football player with yummy abs, you know it!

First Impressions...

I love football. I love romance stories with football players. I love pretend relationships that become more. So, yeah, this one sounded great.

The Characters...

I love Brandon. Never saw his player side just the sweet side. He may not have been looking for a relationship when he scooped Emily up and took her to the hospital after her fall but he sure found one. He took care of her. He made her laugh. He stood up to her
Kim Hornsby
Brannagh hits it out of the park for her debut novel, Blitzing Emily! I started this book when Kindle delivered it at 9pm and spent the next 5 hours reading it, despite my droopy eye lids. From the get-go you care about both the main characters, Emily and Brandon, something that often takes a chapter or two for me. Brandon was sexy as hell, and cute and funny, Emily was just self depreciating enough to make us love her immediately.
Blitzing Emily is the story of an opera singer who's spent her wh
Angela
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars.
Pros:
Characters were likable enough.

Cons:
Way too long - about 200 pages of his book could easily be cut out.
3rd person perspective felt off.
Disjointed - I often had to go back a few times and re-read a sentence to figure out who was speaking.
Jumps in time threw me off.
Not enough details about Emily's hurtful past - so it made her actions/distrust seem childish and annoying, rather than us feeling bad for her.
I had been reading for an hour and was only at 15% and nothing has happened y
Sharon Redfern
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I always enjoy a good football romance and this is the perfect time to read one! Blitzing Emily is the first book in a new series called Love and Football by Julie Brannagh.
Emily Hamilton is an opera singer who does a favor for her sister Amy and delivers a big bouquet of balloons, candy and a teddy bear to Brandon McKenna, player for the Seattle Sharks. During the delivery she takes a header on the icy parking lot thanks to Brandon and ends up with a concussion and a temporary roommate. Due to
Diane Lynch
Dec 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Opera Diva, Emily Hamilton, helps her sister, Amy, out by making a Valentine delivery to the Seattle Shark’s headquarters.

NFL star, Brandon McKenna, is annoyed when he sees balloons with his name on them being delivered to the stadium from his stalker ex-girlfriend. He startles the delivery person who falls, getting a concussion. Feeling responsible he takes her to the emergency room.

Only family is allowed with the patients, so the nurse calls Brandon Emily’s fiancé. The next thing they know t
Bette Hansen
May 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book! This is my first Julie Brannagh book but she has definitely gained a new fan. Really enjoyed her writing style and the characters were amazing. They felt very real, like they could live right next door. The pace of the story was excellent. It felt like the relationship moved along at a normal progression rather than a rushed immediate love. I will definitely be reading all the books in this series and highly recommend this one!
Arlene
Jan 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book hooked me from Page One. I fell in love with the charming hero, Brandon, almost immediately, and found myself turning digital pages long past bedtime to see what happened next—and I'm not even a football fan. A compulsively readable debut from Julie Brannagh. I can't wait to get my hands on her next release.
MissKitty
Aug 31, 2016 rated it liked it
I read this because I wanted to see how a relationship between an opera singer and an athlete would work out. The author didn't do a bad job, though it could have been better.
Jenn
Oct 23, 2015 rated it liked it
I'm currently reading the second book of this series right after reading the first and I probably shouldn't have because this one left me frustrated, but they had a bit scene from the next book in the back of this one and it sounded so good. The thing is I'm reading it and experiencing the EXACT SAME FRUSTRATIONS!

I think the problem here is that I have a very different outlook on life than the author, and maybe a lot of romance writers because I often find myself frustrated by contemporary roma
Nancy
BLITZING EMILY is a fast, fun read for a winter day - the witty dialogue, unexpected character development and happily-ever-after combine to make this story a definite pick-me-up story.

Emily Hamilton isn't a huge fan of relationships. She's failed at her own and her parents' divorce was a mess. As she was the one to break the news to her mom that her dad was cheating, it took a serious emotional toll on Emily.

Fast-forward to the present day, and Emily is a successful opera singer. She loves perf
Josephine
Let me start by saying that I couldn't put this book down, I did want to know what happened for Brandon and Emily but it took me longer to read than most other Avon contemporary romances because it kept frustrating me. I like the use of the fake relationship trope, and I liked being introduced to another NFL team (some of my most favourite books have NFL player heroes). I enjoyed having a heroine who had an occupation I've never read about before. And there were plenty of moments that I thought ...more
Save Your Money For Books
Jan 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports-romance
Attention readers there I just found a new voice in sports romance!

Blitzing Emily is the first book in author Julie Brannagh's Love and Football series. This story features opera singer Emily Hamilton and Seattle Sharks football player and somewhat scandalous bad-boy Brandon McKenna. Brandon literally sweeps Emily off her feet and their pretend/but- no-so pretend romance, is fun, flirty and kept me reading, because I couldn't wait for the sexual tension to unwind and for these two realize they
Carolyn Borgen
Feb 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Full review at: http://www.volpinareads.blogspot.com

Blitzing Emily is a very sweet story of a football player meeting an opera singer. By now, you must know my weakness for football novels. I'm always willing to give it a chance when you mention love and football. I discovered this book through Bookbub which is an email I receive every day advertising books that are free or under two dollars. I clicked my free preview from Amazon and fell in love with the book almost imediately. Of course, that
Leann
Oct 08, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
I wanted to like this book, I really did! But it was just too lackluster for me.

I know I'm really into a romance novel when the main characters come to their "love test" and I literally ache in my heart at the pain they're going through. If it's a really good book, I may even cry. There was none of that with this story. I just didn't feel she developed the characters enough, mostly because there were big breaks of time where the story jumped ahead, and the characters were in a completely differ
Nikki Barrett
Nov 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
We've all played a game of pretend before, who hasn't? But in this case, pretend is quickly becoming real....

Okay, so the concept of fake engagements isn't original, but I LOVED it in this story. LOVED IT! Brandon...oh, I love this guy. His banter. His charm. His charisma. I loved learning more and more about him. He's not just a football hero with a big head, no, this man has some true emotions and a great big heart. The last thing he expects is Emily to fall in his life, and boy do I mean fal
Amy Raby
Dec 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Cute, funny sports contemporary that is comfort reading at its finest. I want to take Brandon McKenna home with me. Love his blond curls and Southern boy charm!

The heroine, Emily, is a good match for him. In a way, this is an opposites attract novel. Brandon is an NFL player, and Emily is an opera diva. Neither of them knows a thing about the other's world, and that ends up kind of working for them because at least Brandon knows Emily likes him for himself and not for his football persona. Same
2kasmom
Jun 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am not super excited about every book I read. In fact, I consider myself a pretty picky reader. I just read a LOT of books.

BLITZING EMILY is a really terrific story that gets you involved with more than just the two lead characters, Brandon and Emily. You meet their folks, teammates and more. I found myself cheering along with this book as if I were watching a movie (which I sincerely hope in the future I really get to do for this book.)

Brandon is a football player for the Seattle Sharks and
Jamie (The Kansan Reader)
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Football and Romance lovers.
I liked this story. It was definitely different. We have a young opera singer Emily who has to make a valentine delivery for her sister's flower shop. When she tries to deliver it she falls and hits her head. Enter Brandon. A gorgeous (at least to me) defensive end for the Seattle Sharks.

One thing that annoyed me is that the author either choose to not use really NFL team names or couldn't. I'm a football fan and I wish the names could have been used. Instead of the Denver Broncos she had the De
Katie
I thought this was a promising book in a lot of ways, like I liked the main characters. I liked that they almost immediately pursued a real relationship while being fake engaged.

But it needed to be tighter, overall. The obstacle . . . was not good to read and I'm not even entirely sure what the final resolution was. (view spoiler)
Arshia
Dec 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Contemporary romances aren't my favorite but there are some authors that I like to read. I have added another author to that list. Emily and Brandon's story was really adorable, she falls for him and he engages himself to her all within 24 hours. However, all of this is a misunderstanding at first, a chance to better their careers second, and then finally a way to give their relationship the time to bloom. Both of the characters are very opposite of each other, she is an Opera Diva and he is a N ...more
TongieGirl
Feb 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 Stars
TOUCHDOWN!
Now, that's how you do a football romance! My search is over!
Brandon and Emily have such great chemistry, despite different careers...NFL all-star hottie (literally) crashes into up and coming opera "diva" (...or lead singer, for those not-in-the-know...)false rumors fly that the pair are engaged, which creates a major career hike for them both. So, Brandon and Emily agree to let the engagement rumor ride for a month...ya know, for the career boost and all...(wink, wink)..
Lesa
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There will always be love and football...

I laughed. I cried, yes really! Do yourself a favor and keep tissues handy from the 3/4 point. I sat on the edge of my seat as the SHARKS played in the big game and I could see if all unfold.

I enjoyed sharing the journey Emily and Brandon took to their happy ending. There was just enough football talk to know Julie Brannagh is a FAN of the game, without making it the main focus of the story. This book will be a great spring/summer read for football fans w
Eva Millien
Jan 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jeep-diva
The first book in the Love and Football series is an exciting and entertaining contemporary romance. The author does a fantastic job of creating a relationship between two characters that are total opposites in personality as well as their life choices. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series and looking for more from this author.

See my full Review at:
Katherine
Jun 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved this book, everything about it. The characters were wonderful. I loved the heroine, she had a career of her own. Yes she was broken, but hell who isn't. She was tough, didn't take his crap, not that there was much. Brandon was dreamy, loved him from the beginning. I pictured him with an accent. Loved that he only called her sugar. Non stop read, Can't way to read Rushing Amy!
Ann Lorz
Jan 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
This first book in the series is a hit. You'll love the characters and will find a ton of humor packed into the story. Fans of Susan Elizabeth Phillips Chicago football books will love this. I can't wait for the next book in the series.
Suzanne
Feb 19, 2014 rated it liked it
A romantic comedy with an unusual couple, an opera singer heroine, and a sexy NFL defensive lineman hero. Funniest scene involved a boy scout troop and some steamy sex in the woods. That scene alone was worth the price of the book! This is the first book in this author's new football series.
TSN
Re-read Juli 2018

Sam
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Brandon Is One Heck Of A Knight In Shining Armour When It Comes To Red-head Emily. I Would Want An Instant 'Fiancé' Myself If I Could.
OonaReads
Feb 01, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
I liked it, it was adorable, but definitely not the best contemporary romance. I might check out the sequels at some point
Julie Brannagh 2 2 Mar 24, 2018 06:37AM
  • The Lucky Charm (Portland Pioneers #1)
  • Imaginary Lines (New York Leopards, #3)
  • The Winning Season (Feeling the Heat, #2)
  • Throwing Heat (Diamonds and Dugouts #3)
  • Fourth and Goal (Seattle Lumberjacks, #1)
  • Some Like it Royal (Going Royal, #1)
  • Tess in Boots
  • One Night with a Quarterback (Santa Fe Bobcats, #1)
  • Risky Game (Out of Bounds, #3)
  • Busted (Promise Harbor Wedding, #3)
  • Offside Pass (Blue Line Hockey, #1)
  • The Wedding Favor (Save the Date #1)
  • The Practice Proposal (Suddenly Smitten, #1)
  • Any Given Christmas (Sugar Shack, #2)
  • Wild About Her Wingman (Secret Wishes, #3)
  • Undressed (Country Roads, #4.5)
  • Hitched!
USA Today bestselling author Julie Brannagh has been writing since she could hold a pencil. She lives in a small town near Seattle, where she once served as a city council member and owned a yarn shop. She shares her home with a wonderful husband, two uncivilized Maine Coons and a rambunctious chocolate Lab.

When she's not writing, she's reading--or armchair-quarterbacking her favorite NFL team fro

Love and Football (7 books)
  • Rushing Amy (Love and Football, #2)
  • Catching Cameron (Love and Football, #3)
  • Covering Kendall (Love and Football, #4)
  • Chasing Jillian (Love and Football, #5)
  • Intercepting Daisy (Love and Football #6)
  • Necessary Roughness (Love and Football #7)
“Despite the show he put on for everyone else, she'd seen his gooey marshmellow center.” 3 likes
“He could have written hundreds of words, but he'd packed a world of emotion into four.” 3 likes